As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Resistance: Avalon] Evil Wins. Arthur strangled. Merlin indicted for campaign fraud.

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    *yawn*

Kinda want to just finish up and move on to the next game. Almost not worth it when we have so many people that just aren't playing.

Many thanks to Phobos for the patience and pro-activeness.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Well its only been up for a day. Though its odd jdark didnt put in his vote already

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Well its only been up for a day. Though its odd jdark didnt put in his vote already
    I forgot I had to, I assumed that by putting forth the plan I automatically accepted it.

That doesn't make any sense when I type it out. Stupid brain.

• Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    This vote came in pretty quick actually, I just like to send out the Shame Reminders once I'm at 7 or 8 people having submitted.

Anyway...RESULTS TIME OH MAN ARE YOU EXCITED? I AM EXCITED.

Kaneski votes NAY.
    Kirindal votes NAY.
    Rhan9 votes NAY.
    Sokpuppet, Megamek, Davoid, Hedgethorn, Phyphor, Jdarksun and Mikey CTS all vote AYE.

7 to 3, mission passes.

Oh, and I just wrote "A" and "R" and my handwriting is such that they actually look kind of similar, so if I got someone wrong, just shout out.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    @jdarksun, @Rhan9, @Phyphor, @Hedgethorn, @Megamek for their mission success cards.

This is quest #4, which requires two failures, rather than one.

• Options
  • Options
    Mocking statement: It seems as if there are an awful lot of good knights meatbags on this quest! I hope it succeeds!

• Options
    Query: So who was broberon anyway

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    I think Phyphor knows something.

I vote Sokpuppet for Broberon.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Actually, if you haven't submitted, don't bother...because TWO FAILURES have appeared.

The Minions of Mordred have prevailed. Evil Has Won.

You may now commence dramatic revelations, triumphant declarations and bitter recriminations!

I enjoyed running this and would be willing to do another.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    Musing: I wonder if Merlin wanted to speak up against my inclusion, but didnt for fear of more directly exposing himself to me

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    I assumed you were Mordred, Phyphor, given that no one had a bead on you.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Oh! For extra Pride points, the Assassin may step forward and make their guess as to Merlin's identity. If correct, you will get the following prize:
    Congratulations! You can click the following spoiler to claim your prize. Don't click it unless you guess correctly, though!
    Congratulations! Here is a bottle of virtual whiskey. You may now become e-drunk.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin

• Options
    Also, in case you want to join in the game, Phobos, I'd also be happy to be the game runner.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I hate you all.
    If the Assassin gets the right Merlin I will E-buy them a real bottle of the shittiest whiskey I can find.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    Hmm I will think about this for a few minutes

• Options
    edited January 2014
    On that subject, I like a house rule, especially for games with just five players, that say the Assassin has to pick out Merlin on their own - that is, they can't discuss with the other Minion of Mordred. Otherwise it seems like you'd have a 1-in-3 chance of hail mary winning just from plain guessing, and I worry that would too frequently rob Good of a well earned victory.

Doesn't work for larger player counts, or at least isn't as interesting.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    Hedge is Morgana based on his assumption that I was Mordred
    Dav is Mordred
    Kaneski is only merlin if he was really trying to hide it
    jdarksun can't be merlin (chose assassin & morgana and voted to approve)
    sok was suggesting me

It should not be possible for merlin to approve that last mission since it was morgana & the assassin, so it has to be one of rhan, kaneski & kirindal.

Kirindal approved my inclusion in q3 vote 2, so I will guess that Merlin is Rhan9

• Options
    edited January 2014
    No.
    Fucking.
    Way.

Has to be Jdark or Hedgethorn or Kaneski or nothing else makes sense... ?

I'm vanilla town, btw...
    as if it were in doubt.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Oh and also kirindal approved the mission that included the assassin and was made by morgana, so yeah

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I suspect Kaneski is Percival? In round 2, he stuck me and Rhan on a team to figure out who he should trust.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    I still have no clue who Broberon is now.

• Options
    Our cast of characters...

Megamek, Jdarksun, Mikey CTS and Sokpuppet were Loyal Servants of Arthur.

Rhan9 was Merlin.

Kaneski was Percival.

Phyphor, as you all know, was the Assassin

Davoid was Morded. Captain Hedgethorn was Morgana. Finally, Kirindal was Broberon.

• Options
    Confused statement: That doesnt make any sense. If percival includes both of his pings then he knows the mission will fail. He would only include one

• Options
    edited January 2014
    If it's not any of you than it has to be Megamek?
    and he was just avoiding suspicion the whole game?

... fuck ...

*sigh*

@Phyphor PM me a mailing address. or if you don't want the worst whiskey I can find, I'll send you a Steam game or something

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    Conclusion: I extra win!

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Some Notes:

Generally I intentionally maintained my ignorance, so I could watch. But I was prompted to check on identities when I noticed sokpuppet and kaneski just going at it like a couple in the middle of a nasty divorce. And oh, oh how I laughed. There was some great manipulating done by Team Evil, I must also say. Phyphor should be proud - all that Cylon training, I suspect.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    Sokpuppet wrote: »

... fuck ...

*sigh*

@Phyphor PM me a mailing address. or if you don't want the worst whiskey I can find, I'll send you a Steam game or something

Nah, thats alright. Not a whiskey drinker anyway. If you really want to, pick me up something in the next steam sale I guess

• Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    @Sokpuppet, I'm really curious. What was the tell or gaff I made that convinced you I was evil, aside from trying to cast suspicion on you?

• Options
    I actually thought jdark seemed to be most likely to be broberon, never really thought about kirindal at all

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Sokpuppet wrote: »

... fuck ...

*sigh*

Nah, thats alright. Not a whiskey drinker anyway. If you really want to, pick me up something in the next steam sale I guess

Oh, I have some games in mind for you :)
    What's your Steam name?

Kirindal wrote: »
    @Sokpuppet, I'm really curious. What was the tell or gaff I made that convinced you I was evil, aside from trying to cast suspicion on you?

I pegged you purely on voting record and intuition.
    Though clearly not that much intuition because I got the important things wrong.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    Uh, just to preserve the sense of camaraderie and good sportsmanship for future games, don't spite gift him Bad Rats.

You may spite gift him Secret of the Magic Crystals, though.

• Options
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Okay, for the follow-up, there are some options. We could try One Night Werewolf instead of Avalon, or perhaps Love Letter. Or Avalon II: Electric Boogaloo.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    How did my voting record give me away? I have to admit given this was my first game that I had no idea what I was doing except trying not get called out by Merlin. I would like to learn from my mistakes.

Kirindal on
  • Options
    KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    Pegged Phyphor only after Rhan voiced concerns, but had to try and cover it. Didn't see Kirindal as Bro, actually thought Mega was more likely. Totally knew Davoid was Mordred though. Hedge as Morgana. Special knowledge on Hedge, but pure logic on Davoid, woo!

Anyway... Bro instead of Ob made this virtually impossible for bad guys to win. Also... I really expected 1000+ posts across the game. Guess it doesn't work as well as I thought.

• Options
    KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    @Kirindal I think the answer is - with 3.1, they thought they had a clean team, so you voting against made you suspect. If it's something else - I can't peg it.

• Options
    You know what?
    I am terrible at social games.
    Lesson learned.

(it's fun anyway)

• Options
    Well played, Phyphor. Like I said, if you were evil, I was screwed because I trusted you more than... well, anyone.