As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

EA Confirms MySims For Wii, DS

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Man, The Sims is exactly the sort of game Japan loves, Squirminator2k.

DarkPrimus on
  • Vangu VegroVangu Vegro Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    malerik wrote: »
    wait, what? is there a new animal crossing in the works or are you just making a general statement?

There's definitely one being made, it even appeared on a Japanese release schedule IIRC, but nothing's been shown of it yet.

Vangu Vegro on
    In my PC: Ryzom, Diablo III, Naruto Shippuden UNSR, The Old Republic
    In my 3DS: Super Smash Bros, AC New Leaf
    Last game completed: Steamworld Dig
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Mii functionality would be pretty golly gosh darn swell. But this is EA we're talking about. They probably won't incorporate it, and if they do there'll probably be a requirement first, for example you have to let Will Wright live with you for three weeks out of every year.

I would have no problem with this.

Well lets cross our fingers for Mii funtionality.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • malerikmalerik Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    malerik wrote: »
    wait, what? is there a new animal crossing in the works or are you just making a general statement?

There's definitely one being made, it even appeared on a Japanese release schedule IIRC, but nothing's been shown of it yet.

Woo!
    I hope theres even more crazy crap to do. Don't get me wrong, fishing and bug catching and whatnot is nice, but give me a car that i can customise and pootle around in or a horse i can ride and i'll be even happier.
    Ability to sell my designs on the interwebs would be cool, and a pokemon diamond/pearl style trading system (post item onto nets with requested trade, leave for a day or so, come back and BAM item).

malerik on
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    What does the Eastern market think of EA Games? Traditionally they've been quite wary of games from the West and there aren't many that crack through (Starcraft and Worms are the only games I can think off of the top of my head that have been popular in Eastern countries). How do they feel about EA coming in and bastardising a Japanese style?

I mean, if it's a Japanese Devteam, and EA are only publishing, then fair enough. But if we're looking at some US/Canadian/UK Division working on this then it's... well, it's Teen Titans, isn't it? Ultimatelt you end up with something which might look vaguely similar to Japanese, but is quite obviously just ripped off from a Japanese style. I think that the East will notice this, and they will ignore the game.

Which, I am sure, is not what EA are looking for. Judging by things they really want this to be Big In Japan.

I saw the blue hair and I was like: "Uh oh." Yes, it'll be big.

I've been to quite a few Japanese sites where people create anime/video game characters and take snapshots of their 'lives'. The Sims is one of those games that has already broken into Japan.

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • ImranImran Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    SilverWind wrote: »
    What does the Eastern market think of EA Games? Traditionally they've been quite wary of games from the West and there aren't many that crack through (Starcraft and Worms are the only games I can think off of the top of my head that have been popular in Eastern countries). How do they feel about EA coming in and bastardising a Japanese style?

I mean, if it's a Japanese Devteam, and EA are only publishing, then fair enough. But if we're looking at some US/Canadian/UK Division working on this then it's... well, it's Teen Titans, isn't it? Ultimatelt you end up with something which might look vaguely similar to Japanese, but is quite obviously just ripped off from a Japanese style. I think that the East will notice this, and they will ignore the game.

Which, I am sure, is not what EA are looking for. Judging by things they really want this to be Big In Japan.

I saw the blue hair and I was like: "Uh oh." Yes, it'll be big.

I've been to quite a few Japanese sites where people create anime/video game characters and take snapshots of their 'lives'. The Sims is one of those games that has already broken into Japan.
    Not to mention it's releasing at a brilliant time for EA.

Wild World's sales are finally dying down in Japan (somewhat, anyway) and the Animal Crossing movie released a little while ago. People really want to see the new Animal Crossing and Nintendo's not willing or ready to show it yet. EA's basically putting this out there and saying "This is stunningly similar, but not just the same N64 port you've been getting for years. Buy it!"

Mind you, if Nintendo decided to go ahead and release shots of Animal Crossing tomorrow, that would deflate EA's balloon a lot, but I'm guessing they're not doing so purposely.

Imran on
    nanasigsmallerrj4.jpg
  • Spanky The DolphinSpanky The Dolphin Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Sleep wrote: »
    So, is this an announcement for localization?

Yes. The supplied link is for the English website, while a Japanese one has existed for about a couple months. The announcement, the site, and the article in NP all point to "yes" for a US release.

I think the character designs are cool, personally, partially because they kind of resemble a combination of Kubrick and Pinky Street figures.

Even here in G&T, the most Japan-centric of the PA subforums, I don't think that many people know what Kubricks or Pinky Street figures are.

In that case:

Kubrick:
    swkubrick.jpg

Pinky Street:
    pk009.jpg

Spanky The Dolphin on
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    As a sims player this looks REALLY neat. It's not just the sims translated into the console -- again-- they're doing something totally different, and I agree.. if they do this right, it's going to go crazy.

Preordered? Yes.

Sara Lynn on
  • ZarcathZarcath Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Mmm...is the MySims for Wii and DS two seperate games that can connect to each other? Or will their be a package or something for the Wii disc and DS cart? Little confused.

They taking preorders for this yet?

Zarcath on
  • RealityReality Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yes. Gamestop is taking pre-orders for at least the Wii version of the game. Have been for awhile actually.

Haven't heard anything about the DS version yet.

Looks neat. If anything else it's a game my girlfriend will love. Happy gf = happy reality.

Reality on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I dunno if this has a dedicated thread, but I'm even more fucking psyched to hear that Simcity DS has a defnitely US release coming up.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • ShurakaiShurakai Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'll be buying the DS version of this if its not completely stripped down.. the DS can easily handle that graphical style given Animal Crossing DS, and it fits the system much better than the Wii.

Plus, this is the kind of game that is embarrassing to play in public, I'd rather have it on a DS screen than on the tv.

Shurakai on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh man. I'm a huge fan of Sims, but I haven't had a halfway-decent computer in years, and previous console iterations have left a bad taste in my mouth.

I want MySims so hard, though.

TheySlashThem on
    edited March 2007
    Shurakai wrote: »
    Plus, this is the kind of game that is embarrassing to play in public, I'd rather have it on a DS screen than on the tv.

How often do you lug around a TV and game console with you wherever you go?

Spanky The Dolphin on
  • ShurakaiShurakai Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I knew someone would read that wrong.

Such a thing as roommates exist, you know.

Shurakai on
    edited March 2007

That's not public. That's just in front of other people inside your home.

TheySlashThem on
    edited March 2007

Speaking as a big, beardish male who carries and plays around with a pink DS Lite, who cares what others think?

Besides, even cutified, it's not like it's Strawberry Shortcake's Flower Garden and Frilly Dress Tea Party Afternoon, it's just The Sims. :P

Spanky The Dolphin on
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Yeah, other people who may be dicks and decide to tell everyone you know that you choose to spend hours and hours playing with what ammounts to a cutesy digital dollhouse.

JihadJesus on
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

But you know where they live . . . Now, I'm not saying you should murder your roommate in his sleep or anything, but the wire on the nunchuk COULD make an improvised garrote.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    JihadJesus wrote: »

Yeah, other people who may be dicks and decide to tell everyone you know that you choose to spend hours and hours playing with what ammounts to a cutesy digital dollhouse.

And the problem is...?

Seriously, if people can't see past that they should be shot. Or at least ignored.

Also, I want this game for PC. If it doesn't come out for it though, it may be enough to make me get a Wii.

Suriko on
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Because Nintendo isn't selling enough Wiis and DSs.

...I'll probably get it.

Torso Boy on
  • SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Am I the only one whose first task upon booting this up is likely going to be to recreate the entire human cast of Peanuts? Please tell me I'm not.

Sorenson on
  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sorenson wrote: »
    Am I the only one whose first task upon booting this up is likely going to be to recreate the entire human cast of Peanuts? Please tell me I'm not.

This is a wonderful idea.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
    edited March 2007
    Pata wrote: »
    Sorenson wrote: »

This is a wonderful idea.

Seconded.

TheySlashThem on
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Speaking as a big, beardish male who carries and plays around with a pink DS Lite, who cares what others think?

Besides, even cutified, it's not like it's Strawberry Shortcake's Flower Garden and Frilly Dress Tea Party Afternoon, it's just The Sims. :P

ssfgafdtpady9.jpg

?

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Utsanomiko wrote: »

ssfgafdtpady9.jpg

?

It should be made by Mcgee or whatever his name is. Then it'd be hot.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • JollusJollus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    American McGee.

I expect the lawyers to show up any minute.

Jollus on
  • ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Sorry for bumping a very old thread, but just found this new JP commercials for MySims thanks to Gonintendo.

MySims JP Commercial

MySims JP Trailer

Welp, I think it's official - MySims is going to make a killing in Japan.

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Doesn't this come out next week?

Magic Pink on
  • KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Indeed it does. Is anyone else put off by the fact that it has no multiplayer?

KupotheAvenger on
    fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

edited September 2007
    Indeed it does. Is anyone else put off by the fact that it has no multiplayer?

Not a bit. You can have multiple people play in the same town just not all at once, yes?

Magic Pink on
  • KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Really? I thought it was only one player one town. If that's the case I'll need to re-evaluate purchasing said strumpet.

KupotheAvenger on
    fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

edited September 2007
    Really? I thought it was only one player one town. If that's the case I'll need to re-evaluate purchasing said strumpet.

If it's not, so will I. D:

Magic Pink on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Does it come out for Wii and DS at the same time?

I've seen tags for the DS version at Target, but I didn't see it in the Wii case.

DarkPrimus on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Unless some truly crushing reviews come out this a definite launch purchase for me.

Sims + Animal Crossing x ^_^ = win

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • NevaNeva Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    EGM gave it a pretty bad score. I don't remember the review exactly, but it said that it was like animal crossing, just with no multi-player and an annoying building tool or something, but also really really cute. Official Nintendo Magazine UK gave it a 94% though, so who knows.

Neva on
    SC2 Beta: Neva.ling

"Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
  • FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The only preview I've seen so far suggested it lacked a little in things to do compared to something like Animal Crossing. This has me a little worried. Since I love Animal Crossing and The Sims I'm looking into purchasing this, but I'll have to wait and see what the majority of reviews say.

Fantasyrogue on
    edited September 2007
    Neva wrote: »
    EGM gave it a pretty bad score. I don't remember the review exactly, but it said that it was like animal crossing, just with no multi-player and an annoying building tool or something, but also really really cute. Official Nintendo Magazine UK gave it a 94% though, so who knows.

EGM is shit. They pan anything that they don't get to play a hyper violent male anti hero in a bleak post apocalyptic landscape in.

Magic Pink on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The only preview I've seen so far suggested it lacked a little in things to do compared to something like Animal Crossing. This has me a little worried. Since I love Animal Crossing and The Sims I'm looking into purchasing this, but I'll have to wait and see what the majority of reviews say.
    This is weird to me, since Animal Crossing contains no building/item editor, which is very substantial. What sort of things are big enough in AC that you'd really miss them? Festivals? Fruit picking? Paying off loans?

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So, the reviews for MySims on the Wii are out, er some reviews are.

It's getting great reviews so far.

The DS one not as much, but there are fewer reviews out.

slash000 on