As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's Play] State of Decay: Breakdown. Update 28 posted.

• Options
    OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    Update 3: No Rest for the Weary
    ?.jpg
    During the night iolo was able to rest and regain his max stamina. His skills starting this are good, 3-star wits and 5-star fighting.
    ?.jpg
    Well, Nocren is no longer sick, but now Pixie is. While that is not horrible considering we were able to build a medical area, we are out of medicine. How did she get sick in the first place though?
    ?.jpg
    You have got to be kidding me. Three survivors that know how to cook and she gets food poisoning. This is ridiculous.
    ?.jpg
    Oh and Elvenshae was screwing around with his shotgun and "accidentally" fired it.
    ?.jpg
    Again the medical area was finished last night. The bonus to everyone's vitality will come in very handy.
    ?.jpg
    While I need to get some medicine since we have none the highest priority right now is food. Came dangerously close to running out overnight and I want to have a safe surplus. Luckily across the street is a supermarket and iolo heads over to search it for some food. (Apologizes in advance for the nighttime shots. Next time I'll turn on the flashlight, so it's easier to see what's going on.)
    ?.jpg
    Not even a few steps into the supermarket iolo has to fight off several zombies with his rolling pin of doom and improves his fighting to 6-star. Those fast hands are awesome.
    ?.jpg
    First place he searches and finds two food resources, won't take it right now but instead search the rest of the supermarket. Also the rolling pin is damaged, I don't what it is about iolo but weapons that he uses don't seem to last very long.
    ?.jpg
    Searching some lockers in the back iolo finds a pipe wrench to replace his rolling pin. Try not to be so hard on this one iolo.
    ?.jpg
    There are a lot of containers to search in here. One of the pallets has food on it along with a suppressor, I wonder why a supermarket needed a suppressor.
    ?.jpg
    The rest of the containers have some pain relievers and a total of five food resources.
    ?.jpg
    Grabbing one of the food resources iolo runs it back home. You can see the medical area on the roof and if you look really close you can see Elvenshae in the watchtower.
    ?.jpg
    Iolo drops off the supplies he found in the supermarket and takes a look at the general state of the home. Decide to make a to-do list for the night.
    • Top priority is to get medicine to treat Pixie.
    • Survey the area finally.
    • It would be nice to get some more food.
    • Build a fourth outpost.
    • Clear out at least one of the infestations.
    • Find some fuel to expand the range of the outpost's traps.
    • Find another gun other than a shotgun to be used in the watchtower.
    ?.jpg
    I decide to use some of the food to prepare a feast, to do so you need a survivor with the cooking skill and we have three. The feast will improve morale slightly and increase everyone's max stamina and vitality at the expense of some food resources.
    ?.jpg
    Heading over to the supermarket iolo grabs another food resource and makes it the fourth outpost, knocking two things off the list.
    ?.jpg
    Next stop is a survey point at the top of an office building so iolo can survey the area. He climbs up the fire escape to reach the roof.
    ?.jpg
    Found some good buildings to go to for supplies a pharmacy, a warehouse, an auto dealership, and the police department.
    ?.jpg
    While scanning the area I also found two more groups of survivors living around us, hopefully at some point we can convince them to join us. For the moment however iolo is going to the police department and with luck will be able to find some guns.
    ?.jpg
    Of course the front door is locked so he has to break it open.
    ?.jpg
    Start searching the building and there was a fight at home. One guess who started it.
    ?.jpg
    Look it's Nocren again pissing someone off. This time it was Pixie because of the shit he was talking about Foghat. She enjoys opera and Foghat, that is certainly an interesting combination.
    ?.jpg
    In the locker iolo searched he found a baton and a revolver.
    ?.jpg
    Upstairs he finds more batons and another revolver, I was hoping for some more powerful guns than a few revolvers.
    ?.jpg
    Now this is what I'm talking about. A grenade launcher and a mi.le .45 pistol, someone else who knows guns can say whether that is good or not all I know is that it deals good damage and is able to be silenced.
    ?.jpg
    Iolo runs home one of the ammo resources and sees that two situations have popped up that need to be dealt with. Also he is a bit tired and his max stamina has reduced.
    ?.jpg
    Elvenshae has been jumpier than usual lately and that needs to be dealt with before something happens.
    ?.jpg
    The feast preparations have come to a halt and champagne is needed. That seems a bit much but it's for morale so I might as well get some.
    ?.jpg
    He goes up to the watchtower and grabs Elvenshae to get rid of his fear. (There is some back and forth dialog between them so instead of posting each line in a screenshot I'll type them up here.)
    Iolo: I know things seem bad, but we're going to make it. And you're going to help. Let's go.
    Elvenshae: I'm cool with that.
    ?.jpg
    The two of them are heading to a house to work out Elvenshae's issues, but why does it have to be so close to the infestations?
    E: So, uhhh, what are we doing out here, exactly?
    I: Just taking care of some business. Figured pitching in might make you feel better.
    ?.jpg
    On the way there and taking care of some zombies iolo improves his fighting to 7-star, maxing it out. Did I already say that fast hands are awesome? Because they are.
    ?.jpg
    And Elvenshae seems to be in a bit of a better mood already.
    ?.jpg
    Arriving at the house iolo reveals what they are there to do.
    ?.jpg
    Honestly I was a little nervous fighting in here, even with two people, because there were about eight or nine zombies inside.
    ?.jpg
    They clear out all the zombies and then decide to return home.
    E: Look, I don't know what we're doing out here, but don't you think we should get back?
    I: We're about done. Thank you, by the way. I couldn't have done it without you.
    E: Bullshit.
    I: I mean it. We gotta stick together, right? Alone I would have been vulnerable--we need people to watch our backs.
    E: I appreciate your concern. It means a lot to me.
    I: I'm glad.
    ?.jpg
    The situation was able to be resolved before anything bad happened.
    ?.jpg
    Having reached 7-stars in fighting iolo is able to take the rage special ability that gives him stamina whenever he takes down a zombie.
    ?.jpg
    He then goes off in search of champagne, there are two areas to search for some and he heads for the first one.
    ?.jpg
    Finding nothing but a single food resource he grabs it to take back home.
    ?.jpg
    We now have a good amount of food stored away.
    ?.jpg
    Since the other area to search for the champagne is close to the infestations, I decide to take care of at least one of them before getting the champagne.
    ?.jpg
    Iolo swaps out his revolver for the .45 caliber pistol and some ammo before setting out. (In hindsight I should have attached the suppressor I found, but I forgot about it.)
    ?.jpg
    He starts going to the mission start but decides to grab a truck just in case he has to make a quick getaway, or it can be used as a weapon against the zombies.
    ?.jpg
    Some survivors living near the infestations are looking for some help to clear one of them out.
    ?.jpg
    The infestation is in a building that has a wall around it. To clear the infestation they have to kill the screamers in the area and all the zombies inside the building.
    ?.jpg
    After jumping the wall and taking care of some zombies outside iolo takes aim at the screamer inside the building.
    ?.jpg
    He drops the screamer and another zombie with two well placed shots.
    ?.jpg
    Going into the building the three of them make quick work of the rest of the zombies and the infestation is cleared.
    ?.jpg
    Iolo searches the now cleared warehouse and finds a small stash of fuel that he runs back home, but after taking care of those zombies he is even more tired and decides to take the truck back.
    ?.jpg
    Clearing that infestation earned us some trust with those survivors.
    ?.jpg
    And Nocren is now sick, I need to get some medicine soon.
    ?.jpg
    Iolo asks Lily for some words of encouragement. (In the radio menu there is the option called words of encouragement that restores your max stamina, it's a quick and dirty way of getting stamina back.)
    Lily: Come on you pouty little girl's-britches, suck it up and keep going!
    L: Was that too much? I was kinda going for a Doc Hanson thing there.
    Iolo: Thank you.
    L: Hey, just happy to help.
    ?.jpg
    I have Lily ask around about where some medicine can be found.
    ?.jpg
    While iolo goes to search for some champagne.
    ?.jpg
    Sweet! First place that he searches there is some champagne. He then searches the rest of the house for supplies.
    ?.jpg
    Finds some good things, including a cavalry saber that he equips.
    ?.jpg
    Of course right after I ask Lily to ask around for some medicine iolo finds some. He grabs it to take back home.
    ?.jpg
    Shit, there's a screamer right next to the truck. Iolo makes a mad dash for the door.
    ?.jpg
    The screamer lives up to its name and draws quite a few zombies over. The truck is able to make quick work of them though.
    ?.jpg
    Back home iolo drops off the medicine, champagne, and supplies he found.
    ?.jpg
    The feast goes off without a hitch raising everyone's max stamina and vitality.
    ?.jpg
    With the to-do list done and no pressing needs, iolo goes goes on a scavenging run to a nearby house.
    ?.jpg
    Stealthily taking out a zombie on the way and, is that a smile I see iolo?
    ?.jpg
    Hell yeah! Was hoping to find a large backpack eventually.
    ?.jpg
    It has more inventory slots so iolo is able to take more supplies back home.
    ?.jpg
    Lily calls over the radio saying the feast helping improve morale.
    ?.jpg
    Iolo finds a weapon that someone is gonna be happy to be using. He grabs it and a medicine resource to take back home.
    ?.jpg
    At home the fuel that iolo found is put to use expanding the range of the outpost's traps
    ?.jpg
    That is a very good sized safe area around the home.

That was a very successful night. Got a lot done that needed to be and iolo was a trooper through it all. On the to-do list for next time we need to
    • Build trust with the other groups of survivors so they will join us.
    • Give iolo a much deserved break.
    • Find food and medicine to replace what was used.
    • Find enough materials to build a workshop and upgrade the sleeping area to real beds.
    • Clear out the last infestation.
    • If I have the time, put outposts in better locations.
    I feel pretty good about how it's going so far. Of course shit happens, but right now we're in a good spot.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    *mutters* Punk ass trash-talking Foghat-hating sumbitch needs to go do something - like hug a juggernaut.

And I blame him for the food poisoning, too.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Update 4: Elvenshae and Nocren, buddy-cop movie waiting to happen.
    ?.jpg
    Starting off Elvenshae swaps off manning the watchtower with iolo. Yes that is the grenade launcher iolo is using. :twisted:
    Pixie is still sick and used up some of the medicine trying to get better. Nocren is sick again as well, but he's not as severe.
    ?.jpg
    The first thing Elvenshae is going to do is go and help Nocren hunt down an armored zombie. He takes the truck iolo had been using and starts off.
    ?.jpg
    There's a horde right across the bridge and it can't be avoided, so he goes through it. The truck is a little worse for wear but the horde is destroyed.
    ?.jpg
    Meeting up with Nocren the pair of them start to search for the armored zombie.
    ?.jpg
    Finding it a little bit down the hillside the two of them make quick work of the lone zombie. Nocren grabbed it from behind and Elvenshae cut it's head off with one hit. The two of them are a pretty good team, as long as they aren't fighting each other at the time. After searching the campsite Elvenshae goes back to the building Nocren was waiting in to search it.
    ?.jpg
    Fighting the few zombies inside it Elvenshae's fighting improves to level 6 and his edged weapons specialization improves to level 3. Finding some building materials he grabs it and drives back home.
    ?.jpg
    On the way back he hears that Nocren is having anger management issues and needs to be talked to.
    ?.jpg
    And Nocren wastes some ammo resources in his rage.
    ?.jpg
    Back at home work is started on a workshop with the materials Elvenshae brought and he goes to talk with Nocren.
    Elvenshae: Come on. We're going for a walk.
    ?.jpg
    They head off to an abandoned house. There is a horde nearby so Elvenshae grabs a car off the road to take care of it.
    Elvenshae: So, things have been pretty tense around here, huh?
    Nocren: Seems that way.
    E: Anything you want to get off your chest?
    N: I'm fine, alright?
    ?.jpg
    Taking out the horde they then proceed into the house. After the zombies are cleared from the area they begin to head home.
    E: Anyway, I wanted you to know that I understand your frustrations.
    N: Well, excuse me for being a little stressed out over the end of the world!
    E: We're all stressed, okay? But we can't afford to be at each other's throats. So start playing nice, or you're out on your ass.
    E: That's all I wanted to say.
    ?.jpg
    With Nocren having calmed down Elvenshae resupplies and sets out to join Pixie in hunting down a bloater.
    ?.jpg
    Having arrived at the mission start Elvenshae and Pixie begin the hunt. While fighting other zombies in the area Elvenshae's fighting goes up to level 7 and edged weapon specialization improves to level 5.
    ?.jpg
    They quickly find the freak and put it down. Luckily the gun was silenced because there was a juggernaut very close by that would have come running, and most likely, killed at least one of them.
    ?.jpg
    While Pixie heads home, Elvenshae joins another group of survivors to take down a freak.
    ?.jpg
    Oh hey, it's Zion. Apparently he's the leader of this group. Since he helped take down a feral with iolo, this should be a piece of cake.
    ?.jpg
    Oh come on. One of the search points is the infestation. This will go well.
    ?.jpg
    Luckily the feral is in the first house they search and together they quickly dispatch it. For our help Zion's group gives us some food resources. Elvenshae sticks around and searches the house for supplies. He hears that the workshop is completed and Pixie failed to recover from her illness again. Finding some medicine he brings it back home.
    ?.jpg
    There's a survivor in trouble at a nearby minimart and Elvenshae went to help him out. After helping Aiden out the minimart is searched and he heads home with some food.
    ?.jpg
    Fearing for Pixie's health Elvenshae heads out in search of some building materials to upgrade the infirmary. He brings home the materials he found in a shed and work is started on the infirmary.
    ?.jpg
    He then starts out on another armored zombie hunt with Nocren, these two seem to be working together a lot.
    ?.jpg
    They meet at a fast food restaurant and start the search.
    ?.jpg
    With their experience they are easily able to take care of the armored zombie. Elvenshae's edged weapon specialization improves to level 7, but his kama is damaged.
    ?.jpg
    Heading home he quickly switches out the kama with a hatchet. A survivor that has gotten himself into a jam needs some help and Elvenshae heads out to assist.
    ?.jpg
    He gets there in time to save Aiden again. After lecturing Aiden about knowing his limits and to not take unnecessary risks, Elvenshae grabs some food from the nearby building and drives home.
    ?.jpg
    On the way he learns that they need some suturing needles to finish the upgrade to the infirmary. After dropping off the food at home he heads over to the fire station where they might find some needles.
    ?.jpg
    A feral outside the fire station howls and charges at Elvenshae. Luckily he's improved at fighting since his first encounter with a feral alone and finishes it with ease.
    ?.jpg
    He clears out the zombies inside the station and finds the needles, along with another hatchet. He heads on home after grabbing some additional medicine.
    ?.jpg
    Pixie snapped at iolo, but that is most likely due to being gravely ill instead of real hatred.
    ?.jpg
    After dropping off the needles Elvenshae goes to help another survivor that is in trouble. Upon arriving, he sees that the survivor is trapped in a shed, right next to a new infestation.
    ?.jpg
    After killing a lot of zombies he is able to save Jeremiah and clear out the infestation. The hatchet he was using was damaged and he switched to the one he found at the fire station.
    ?.jpg
    Pixie is gravely ill and might end up turning in the night and attack us. The smart move here is to kill her before that can happen but, I can't bring myself to actually do it her. Honestly, I am dreading playing the game again. There are three possibilities, the good one is that she survives and is fine, the bad one is that she turns and we have to kill her. Then there is the worst one, she turns and kills someone else. I decided to let her live and hope she gets better, the next update will show if that was the right choice.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Well, pooh. :(

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    SignUp!
    •PLA
    •No preference.
    •Blunt
    •Rifles

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I guess you couldn't handle my Anti-freeze Ribeye.

Told you it was a man's meal darlin'.

Tell you what, you get better, and I'll give you this Foghat cd I found. I was gonna fashion it into a makeshift saw blade or shuriken, bug hell girly, you earned it.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    In the play session tonight I recruited two new survivors. Full update will come tomorrow but you can see the new survivors on the first page.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    I guess you couldn't handle my Anti-freeze Ribeye.

I gotta tell ya. I thought that was going to be completely crappy.

But, honestly? The anti-freeze adds a nice bright note to cut the fattiness of the ribeye. You should try a lemon-olive tapenade, though. Fewer ... side-effects.

• Options
    Was thinking about s'mores flambé next time.

Though if we're low on fuel I might skip it.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    @Orivon due to this thread, I purchased State of Decay and the expansion. I'm sending you the bill. ;)
    It's fun! Though I feel as though there is information/mission overload. I go to my journal every 15 minutes or so and it's just pasted with updates and missions. So much that I can't keep up with it all!

capsaicin_zps254b275f.png
  • Options
    Update 5: Iolo almost breaks the streak.
    ?.jpg
    Coming back we see that Pixie is still alive, she's still gravely ill, but she hasn't turned. While we were away she used up two cases of medicine trying to recover and failing, iolo went out and found some building materials, and he mishandled his gun accidentally firing it and lowering morale. Hopefully that was with one of the revolvers and not the grenade launcher. Elvenshae uses a fuel resource to expand the outpost's trap range again and while checking what is needed to upgrade the infirmary sees that it requires a library, they can't build any more facilities so the medical area is as good as it can get here.
    ?.jpg
    He heads out to the donut shop to retrieve some food. There are no supplies there other than some food, so he grabs some and runs home. On the way back his cardio improves to level 2. Back at home he switches the hatchet he was using for his repaired kama. The next place to search is a warehouse.
    ?.jpg
    At the warehouse all he finds is some pain relievers.
    ?.jpg
    Nocren reaches him on the radio and asks for help taking down an armored zombie. Considering they've taken down two others together already Elvenshae agrees to help.
    ?.jpg
    They meet up at a house and before starting to search for the freak, they raid the liquor cabinet and get a total of seven firebombs.
    ?.jpg
    They find the armored zombie in a shed, however it is not alone. There are a total of three armored zombies, while more than they expected the two of them eliminate the zombies easily. After taking care of the zombies Nocren heads home while Elvenshae grabs some medicine from the shed and drives home.
    ?.jpg
    Since nobody needs his help at the moment he starts to search a nearby house.
    ?.jpg
    He finds a nice revolver and some more blunt weapons. Seriously, there are no edged weapons to be found around this area. Hearing over the radio that Nocren has gotten himself into a jam, Elvenshae grabs some food to drop off at home along with the supplies he found and grabs a truck to drive over to help.
    ?.jpg
    ?.jpg
    At least, he was. Right outside the home, the truck exploded. At the time there was a zombie right next to the truck that iolo had taken aim at, with the grenade launcher. That's the downside to having someone in the watchtower with a grenade launcher, you can be caught in the blast. Luckily the vitality bonuses that Elvenshae had gotten meant he was able to survive the explosion instead of dieing in it. After downing some codeine, resisting the temptation to "misfire" his shotgun in iolo's direction, and ignoring the burning smell; he grabbed a station wagon and went to help Nocren.
    ?.jpg
    Once there the two of them take care of the zombies that had Nocren trapped. He thanks Elvenshae for his help and heads home.
    ?.jpg
    ?.jpg
    Upon exiting the house Elvenshae notices a place that, with a little work, could be a nice home.
    ?.jpg
    He marks it down on his map and makes a note to bring up the topic of moving to the group.
    ?.jpg
    While heading home he stops to search a drug store. While searching his wits improves and becomes level 4. Finding some supplies and grabbing some medicine he goes home.
    ?.jpg
    After bringing back some ammo from a nearby house he's informed that a scavenger would like some help. He drives over to see what he can do to help.
    ?.jpg
    Meeting up with the scavenger she tells him that she needs someone to guard the perimeter while she searches the building. Elvenshae agrees to help out for some of the supplies she finds, she said no to the other reward he asked for, and gets ready to chop up some zombies.
    ?.jpg
    After taking out the zombies that come Izabella finishes searching the gas station and they drive to the enclave she belongs to. For the help the enclave here trusts us a bit more and Elvenshae gets some fuel resources that he then takes home.
    ?.jpg
    Apparently one of the bottles of scotch Nocren was going to use as a firebomb saw some the better use of improving morale.
    ?.jpg
    At home Elvenshae asks Lily to try and contact some survivors that would like to join us, after she sobers up of course.
    ?.jpg
    With no-one requiring his help at the moment he makes his way over to the auto mechanic hoping to find some useful supplies.
    ?.jpg
    All he finds is a single flare however. A call for help comes in and he goes to help out another survivor.
    ?.jpg
    Jeremiah is trapped at a fast food restaurant that is crawling with zombies and a screamer. During the fight Elvenshae's shooting went up to level 2.
    ?.jpg
    They're able to take out the zombies, but not without a casualty. Elvenshae's trusty kama broke during the fight.
    ?.jpg
    Searching the building for a weapon he finds a familiar friend. He then runs home, improving his cardio to level 3.
    ?.jpg
    After grabbing a hatchet at home he joins up with some other survivors to clear out the infestation.
    ?.jpg
    After entering the house regular zombies were placing themselves between the survivors and the screamers so the fight was more difficult than it should have been. They are able to take care of the zombies and the infestation was now gone. Elvenshae then searches the shed out back hoping to find some building materials.
    ?.jpg
    Woah. Now that is a powerful gun. Finding nothing else of value he runs the boxes of ammo home. After grabbing some ammo for his shotgun he heads over some buildings to search them.
    ?.jpg
    Elvenshae shows off his special edged attack, the low slice. It cuts the legs off zombies in a small arc in front of him. While out the hatchet is damaged and he searches for some other weapon to use.
    ?.jpg
    Iolo lectures Nocren on weapon safety after he accidentally fired his weapon. Very much a do as I say not as I do situation. Not wanting to fight any zombies with a damaged weapon Elvenshae searches the sheds of the surrounding houses for a weapon. He finds a crowbar and after lamenting the lack of edged weapons left in the world he takes it.
    ?.jpg
    There are some survivors that need help and Elvenshae starts off in their direction. Seeing a horde he hides in a bush rather than fight all of them.
    ?.jpg
    ?.jpg
    He waits with baited breath while the horde passes by. After, he grabs a car and drives off to help the survivors.
    ?.jpg
    Helping the two survivors fight off the zombies in the area Elvenshae introduces himself to Ezekiel "Capsaicin" Beebe and Daniel "Viking" Dominguez. The survivors ask if they can join up with Elvenshae's group and after he grabs some fuel they climb into the car and head home.
    ?.jpg
    Capsaicin takes the time to tell a story.
    Capsaicin: Anyway, this crazy fuck, I swear all he did was get drunk and pick fights. Didn't matter where, didn't matter with who. One time, he just walks into a Swine and Bovine, goes up to a table full of, I dunno, construction workers, longshoremen, whatever. Big ass dudes. And Steve, who weighs maybe 115 pounds soaking wet, just starts going off on them. Just starts calling their wives ugly, their moms whores, just every horrible thing you can think of. And then he tops the whole thing off with, and I shit you not, "And whatever your favorite football team is, they're a bunch of pussies." Man, they beat the shit out of him. Cops had to taze a couple of them just to pull them off, and Biker Steve, he's just grinning like an idiot the whole time. I wonder what the hell happened to him? I hope he's still out there somewhere, just straight up picking fights with zombies for shits and giggles.
    ?.jpg
    So now we have Viking with us. He has the born leader trait that gives him the leadership skill. The loved cycling trait means he starts with a level 3 cardio. The loved to travel trait doesn't offer anything useful, and the two left feet trait means his fighting skill improves slower than normal.
    ?.jpg
    And Capsaicin joins us. The kind trait means he will likely have less conflicts with the other survivors. The watched cooking shows trait gives him the cooking skill. (Dammit, another cook.) The grocer trait is just his old job and doesn't do anything useful. The eagle-eyed trait means his shooting improves faster than normal, and the storyteller trait gives us gems such as the one he told about Biker Steve.

Next update we'll see how Capsaicin is able to handle the zombie apocalypse.

• Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Can't see the images (work filter). But I really do enjoy cooking shows. LOL.

EDIT - Also, everyone says I am kind and funny to boot.

Capsaicin on
  • Options
    Look, we may all die to horrible diseases or infighting or zombie infections or whatever, but dammit we will eat well doing it.

Also, @iolo? You know I love you, right?

But if you blow up my ride again, we will have words.

• Options
    New rule: only 2 people get shotguns/launchers: Runners and Hunters. Sentries get rifles.

One more incident like that and they'll be lucky if they get a stick next time.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    (1) Forgot to sticky this!
    (2) @Orivon, this is fantastic.
    (3) I am fantastic. I'm a zombie-killing, medicine-finding, fast-handed cooking machine!
    (4) Look, @Elvenshae, mistakes were made...

:)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Also, pretty sure Iolo's a Ford man you clearly drove up in a Chevy, so it's really your own god damn fault here...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    The whole friendly fire incident caught me by surprise. All I knew was that I was driving a truck, a zombie touched the truck, and the truck blew up. It took me a bit to realize that it was Iolo with his grenade launcher. I sadly couldn't get a screenshot of the truck explosion because it took me by surprise, that incident would have been perfect for a video LP. He's still on watchtower duty with the grenade launcher, however I have been a lot more careful of going near zombies around the home. It is neat to be at home and hear a boom from outside and I'll know that Iolo's having fun.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Goddamn right.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Update 6: New faces.
    ?.jpg
    During the night Pixie finally recovered. Viking went out and found some building materials. Having seven survivors now means that even more food was eaten and needs to be restocked. Nocren is still sick, the medical area was being used to treat Pixie so now that she is fine Nocren can get some treatment. Some fuel is used to expand the trapped area around the outposts. Elvenshae puts Capsaicin in charge so he can get some rest.
    ?.jpg
    Capsaicin grabs a backpack from the supply locker and swaps his frying pan out for a pipe wrench. Already carrying a revolver he then sets out to survey the area.
    ?.jpg
    There are some infestations we didn't know about that will need to be dealt with. Searching the office he is on he found another blunt weapon and some fuel that he runs home. The infestations have to be dealt with but, considering the fact that Capsaicin is only level 1 in all of his skills he heads for a construction site. Hopefully killing some lone zombies along the way to train his fighting skill and find some building materials.
    ?.jpg
    Before he reaches the site Lily calls him on the radio to ask him to talk to Pixie. She's afraid after having been at death's door for so long and because of Capsaicin's kind nature he may be able to calm her down.
    ?.jpg
    He meets with Pixie back at home.
    Capsaicin: I know things seem bad, but we're going to make, okay? And you're going to help. Now let's go.
    Pixie: Whatever you say.
    ?.jpg
    The building they are going to is right next to the construction site Capsaicin was headed towards, might include some scavenging if they are able to.
    C: You been sleeping okay?
    P: Wait, what?
    C: I dunno, just some people have been having trouble sleeping. You know, the stress and all. Just wondering if you were having the same problem
    They reach their destination.
    C: Okay. Now we're going to kcik some zombie ass the old-fashioned way.
    ?.jpg
    They see some stress relievers and get to work clearing out the house. During the fight Capsaicin's fighting skill goes up to level 3.
    C: Nice work! You really kicked some ass back there.
    P: Thank you.
    ?.jpg
    They search the nearby construction site and after grabbing some more blunt weapons and some building material, they start to head home.
    C: You feeling better?
    P: Might be, yeah.
    C: Hey look, you're not alone. Everybody's scared. Just don't do anything stupid, okay?
    P: Yeah. Okay, sure.
    They arrive at the home.
    P: Look, I'll think about what you said, okay?
    C: Thanks.
    After dropping off the supplies Pixie is tired and decides to take a nap.
    ?.jpg
    Since his fighting has improved, Capsaicin goes to help out a survivor that is in trouble. During the fight his fighting skill goes up to level 4, and he is able to specialize in blunt weapons, that really is the smart choice considering the apparent abundance of them. After helping out the survivor Lily gets a call from the group he belongs to.
    ?.jpg
    It seems the group is interested in joining up with us. While having them join us will mean that a lot more food resources are going to be used, it is better to have more survivors in case we lose people.
    ?.jpg
    Arriving at the group's home Capsaicin agrees to escort them to his home.
    ?.jpg
    The group goes around the building gathering all the supplies they've found and taking what they can carry to their new home. Capsaicin has to defend the place from zombies while they clear it out. His fighting skill goes up to level 5 while fighting off the zombies. After the house is thoroughly picked through they grab a car and drive home.
    ?.jpg
    The three survivors drop the supplies off and introduce themselves to the others.
    ?.jpg
    Ashton "CoolJammer00" Benitez is a sleaze like Elvenshae, loved to travel like Viking, and has the loved cycling trait that means he starts with a level 3 cardio. That's offset by the a pack a day trait that means his cardio improves slower than normal.
    ?.jpg
    Carlos "Butte Cleftington the Third Buttcleft" Mayes has the eccentric trait which does nothing useful. The enjoyed antiquing trait gives him the hoarding skill, that does nothing useful. (I need to check on the hoarding skill, I don't believe it does anything useful but I have to check again to make sure.) Historian gives him the research skill that would be useful if we had a library built. The absent-minded trait means that his wits skill improves slower than normal.
    ?.jpg
    Adeline "Nocturnal" Hagen is a team player, that leads to less conflict with other members of the group. She, like Viking and CoolJammer00, loved to travel. The enjoyed camping trait has her start out with a level 2 cardio and level 3 wits. Finally the nimble trait is one of the best traits because it gives her the reflexes skill.
    ?.jpg
    Improving the reflexes skill improves her stamina regeneration rate and once it hits certain levels she can learn additional skills. Capsaicin is tired and has Nocturnal take over while he rests. She grabs a backpack and switches out the cane she was using for a hatchet, the last edged weapon left in the supply locker.
    ?.jpg
    The first thing she does is agree to help some other survivors out with clearing an infestation. They all pile into a truck and drive over to the infestation.
    ?.jpg
    While clearing it out her fighting skill improves to level 2. After they finish clearing the house the other survivors leave to return home and they give us some food for helping them out. One of the survivors runs right next to the infestation next door and Nocturnal has to bail him out.
    ?.jpg
    Her fighting goes up to level 3 but her hatchet is damaged and breaks after a few more hits. Having no weapon and considering the fact that the other survivor had already run away, she runs home.
    ?.jpg
    Cursing the lack of edged weapons she grabs a nail puller and some morphine to ease the pain.
    ?.jpg
    Since we have so many survivors that there are some just hanging around the home Nocturnal asks CoolJammer00 to accompany her to watch her back. Together they head for a tavern to find some booze food to replace what was used.
    ?.jpg
    All they find is two resources of food so after making another trip they bring both back home. Nocturnal is tired so she has Buttcleft take over.
    ?.jpg
    He grabs a backpack and a heavy weapon, a chopper, from the supply locker. Hearing about someone needing some help clearing out an infestation he heads out in their direction.
    ?.jpg
    Zion again wants some help to clear out a nearby infestation, Buttcleft is eager to fight some zombies and agrees to help.
    ?.jpg
    They easily clear out the infestation and earn some trust with these survivors. Buttcleft's fighting skill went up to level 4 while clearing the building.
    ?.jpg
    Returning home to resupply he heads to the construction site that Capsaicin searched to bring back the rest of the building materials he found. After bringing it back home a survivor calls for assistance and Buttcleft goes to help.
    ?.jpg
    He helps Marley fight off the zombies that were threatening her and she leaves to return home. Capsaicin accidentally fire his gun at home and lowers morale. Buttcleft, on his way back home, stops to search an office.
    ?.jpg
    He finds some building materials but makes a loud noise that attracts a lot of zombies. instead of fighting them he grabs the materials and runs home.
    ?.jpg
    After returning home he drops off the materials and decides to take a nap.

We have plenty of materials and since this place can't be upgraded much farther we'll be moving in the next update. The new home is going to be the savini residence that Elvenshae found last update. It already has a tree-house that will serve as a watchtower, hopefully it has enough space that it can fit a medical area and a garden. With so many survivors food is going rather quickly now that if we just rely on scavenging for food we might run out, luckily Pixie and Iolo are farmers so they can increase how much food we grow. Since Buttcleft has the research skill I want to build a library so we can take advantage of it. If there is still room left we'll build either a workshop to repair damaged weapons or a training area to increase everyone's max stamina. Outposts will be moved so the home can be well defended, if anyone doubts the usefulness of the outposts know they destroyed about ten hordes in this update alone, luckily there is only the one entrance to the home so it will be easy to defend.

• Options
    Since I'm new to this game myself, can you tell me how outposts work?

I know they set traps which nuke wandering hordes which is nice. Is it bad to have too many outposts? Do they have to be manned? Can you disassemble them?

Also when calling in help to scavenge, do they only go for resources or also other goods like guns, weapons, and meds?

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Capsaicin wrote: »
    Since I'm new to this game myself, can you tell me how outposts work?

I know they set traps which nuke wandering hordes which is nice. Is it bad to have too many outposts? Do they have to be manned? Can you disassemble them?

Also when calling in help to scavenge, do they only go for resources or also other goods like guns, weapons, and meds?

I guess I really should have used the OP to help explain outposts more. When you clear a building of zombies and fully search it you can turn it into an outpost. When a building is an outpost there are traps that are placed around it that take out any horde that gets within range. You can improve the range of the traps for all of your outposts for a day by using a fuel resource, I've been doing that for each update. An outpost also allows you to access your supply locker and drop off supplies you've found, note that resources have to be brought home, anything else can be dropped off at an outpost. You don't need to have anyone do anything for an outpost other than you making it one in the first place. You can have as many outposts as your home allows, the alamo where we are only allows four outposts, but some homes can allow up to eight outposts. There are no penalties to having a lot of outposts. If you make the max amount of outposts that you are allowed and want to build another one you can go to your home screen and disassemble one to allow you to build another.

As for scavenging I believe that they grab a resource and run it home but I don't know for sure. I don't use it because I find it easier to just make another trip if there are multiple resources I want in a single building.

Orivon on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hate to say "I told you so" re: weapons but...

I am a jerk...

I_Called_It!?file=ICALLEDIT.gif

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    After tonight's play session I have run out of names for survivors. I only need one name so let's put it to a vote. From now until the next update you can post a name you want for the survivor. I'll base voting off of agrees, whichever entry gets the most will be the new name of the survivor.

• Options
    Chubbers Horatio Umberto Bell.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Big McLargehuge

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Or we can just call them by whatever name they come with, until/unless someone else decides to sign up to have their name used...

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    What the hell fun is that?

• Options
    Laser Hair.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Big McLargehuge

Slab Bulkhead!

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Big McLargehuge

Slab Bulkhead!

Punch Rockgroin!

• Options
    Roll Fizzlebeef

• Options
  • Options
    Update 7: Even more new faces.
    ?.jpg
    Start off seeing that while we were away Iolo misfired his gun, I'd like to know how you can start cleaning a grenade launcher without making sure it's not loaded. Elvenshae misfires his shotgun while in a drunken haze. Pixie went out with Iolo and found some food, however she hurt her back while out and is now confined to bed. Some foraging was able to get us some more food. CoolJammer00 was able to find and bring back some building materials. And lastly Nocren is still sick.
    ?.jpg
    After using a fuel resource to expand the range of the outposts Buttcleft gets set to hunt down a freak. Killing some zombies along the way his fighting improves to level 5.
    ?.jpg
    He meets up with Nocturnal and they prepare to take down a feral zombie.
    ?.jpg
    Together they find it and lure the freak outside so they don't have to fight it in an enclosed space. The two of them easily kill it without taking a scratch and Nocturnal heads home while Buttcleft searches the warehouse where the feral was hiding. Only finding some ammo and another blunt weapon he runs the ammunition back home. Nocturnal is taking a rest and Buttcleft starts out for the new home, only to get a call from Lily that Elvenshae is jumping at shadows. Heading back he takes Elvenshae to clear out some zombies.
    ?.jpg
    While working out Elvenshae's issues, Buttcleft increases his heavy weapon specialization to level 2. After taking care of the zombies they head back home and Buttcleft gets ready to go to the savini residence to move the home.
    ?.jpg
    Well, he was. Someone decided to repair the walls of the home we're about to leave. This puts the building materials at 29, we need 30 to be able to move. He starts searching the nearby office buildings hoping to find some building materials. All he finds is some more blunt weapons. After all of that he's tired and has CoolJammer00 take over.
    ?.jpg
    CoolJammer00 grabs a backpack from the supply locker and swaps out his machete for a crowbar. Lily tells him that there's a scavenger that wants some help and he heads over to do so.
    ?.jpg
    Getting there he meets with Marley and agrees to guard the perimeter of the house while she searches it. After he takes out a few zombies Marley is finished searching the house and CoolJammer00 escorts her to her home. After arriving there safely she gives him half of what she found, some building materials. He runs it home and gets ready to make the move but Lily tells him that Marley's group called and wants to join us.
    ?.jpg
    Taking a station wagon he drives over and agrees to lead them to our home. They gather up anything useful while CoolJammer00 keeps watch for zombies. Taking out the few that come his fighting improves to level 2.
    ?.jpg
    Zion: I mean, you spend your whole life in a place, but until you're climbing fences and running through backyards, you don't really see how it all fits together. Like, I never knew Bill Mahoney's backyard had an unobstructed view right into Katie St. John's bedroom window. Guess that's why he paid three times what that dump was worth.
    On their way back home Zion starts opening up earning him the perspective trait.
    ?.jpg
    Now we have joining us Jeremiah "Magic Pink" McNeal. He has the bro trait that increases the odds that he will offer a fistbump or bump a fist offered to him, but does nothing actually useful. The watched reality shows gives him the reality show trivia skill, again it does nothing that is actually useful. The stylist trait gives him the counseling skill that reduces the chances of a violent argument between survivors, the chances of someone committing suicide, and the chances of someone running away from home. Finally he has the fast hands trait like Elvenshae and Iolo
    ?.jpg
    We also have Zion "Skiddles" Keller joining us. He has the daydreamer, marked for greatness, and trumbull local traits that don't do anything useful. The funeral director trait gives him the counseling skill like Magic Pink. The played golf trait gives him a small boost to cardio and he starts with a level 2 cardio. The born leader trait gives him the leadership skill that allows him to gain the trust of other survivors quicker than usual.
    ?.jpg
    Finally, Marley "Lucia" Gracie is joining us. The gossip, unemployed, and trumbull local traits don't do anything useful. The hoarded stuff trait gives her the hoarding skill that doesn't do anything useful. Finally the total lush trait means her wits improve slower than usual.
    ?.jpg
    CoolJammer00 gets some rest while Skiddles takes over. He grabs a backpack and pistol from the supply locker while also switching out his shovel for a pipe wrench. He starts diving over to the new home so we can finally move. On his way over there he hears that Nocren once again started a shouting match by talking shit about foghat, this time pissing off Nocturnal. Without any more interruptions Skiddles is able to get to the savini residence and start the move.
    ?.jpg
    Work is started on cleaning up the sleeping area, kitchen, and library. With the remaining materials construction is started on a medical area. Because Buttcleft has the research skill the library will allow everyone to improve their wits faster than normal. The sleeping area only provides eight beds son eventually we'll have to build another one to have beds for everyone. After the kitchen is cleaned up one of the cooks will start on a feast to improve everyone's stamina and vitality. Skiddles goes across the street to set up an outpost to protect the home. At the house he finds a pistol, another blunt weapon, and some food that he grabs and runs home.
    ?.jpg
    With the outpost set up he goes to help out a scavenger. On the way there he learns that construction on the medical area has stopped and they need more nails.
    ?.jpg
    Izabella is looking for someone to watch her back while she searches the house and Skiddles agrees to for some of the supplies she finds. While fighting off the zombies that come Skiddles fighting skill goes up to level 3. After the house is searched they start driving to her home. The car starts smoking after hitting a few more zombies so they get out and run the rest of the way. On the way Izabella starts talking to Skiddles.
    ?.jpg
    Izabella: These days just about every place has security cameras, and a lot of those systems have battery backups in case the power fails. I used to install the things for a living, and trust me--the expensive ones can survive a hell of a lot more than this. Wouldn't surprise me if this whole thing ends with all of us arrested for trespassing and grand larceny.
    After they reach her home Skiddles takes some of the food Izabella found and brings it home. At home he learns that some garlic needs to be found for the feast, and Izabella's group wants to join us. Skiddles goes out to search some nearby homes for the garlic.
    ?.jpg
    Finding it in a house he then starts searching the rest of it for any supplies. He finds a pistol and holy shit an edged weapon! Searching the shed out back he finds a heavy weapon, a blunt weapon, and some building materials he grabs all of them and goes back home. After dropping off the materials and the garlic he goes to get the survivors that want to join us.
    ?.jpg
    They start grabbing anything useful while Skiddles keeps watch. His leadership skill goes up to level 2 and they start driving home.
    ?.jpg
    The new survivors are Izabella "PLA" Choi. The no nonsense trait makes her start with a level 3 wits. The studied boxing trait means her fighting and cardio skills both start at level 2, also she has the fitness guru skill that can be utilized by building a training area. The engineer trait gives her the construction skill that speeds up home improvements. The a pack a day trait lowers how fast she can improve cardio.
    ?.jpg
    Also joining us is Aiden "NotoriusBEN" Varga. The autocrat trait means he can be overbearing and increases the odds he will have a fight with another survivor. The chef trait makes him the fifth survivor that has the cooking skill. And the pack a day trait makes him the third survivor that has trouble improving their cardio.
    ?.jpg
    Lastly there is Michael "Big McLargehuge" Altman. The drunk trait means he is more prone to cause conflict within the group. The drank a lot trait gives him the beer pong skill that does nothing useful, though it does help explain the drunk trait. The one-time jock trait gives him the sports trivia skill that does nothing useful. Finally the dim bulb trait means he improves his wits very slowly.
    ?.jpg
    Skiddles is tired and has Elvenshae take over. He grabs the edged weapon Skiddles found.
    ?.jpg
    And starts to head out to help Capsaicin, who has gotten himself in over his head. After reaching the abandoned barn and helping Capsaicin out Elvanshae stays and searches it for anything useful.
    ?.jpg
    He finds some nails so construction of the medical area can continue, along with some materials that he drives home. On the way he hears that Big Mc hurt himself, lowering morale a bit and using up a case of medicine treating his wounds.
    ?.jpg
    At home Elvenshae drops off the nails and materials. The medical area is completed and work is started on a garden.

Since everyone who signed up is a survivor now, I'm going to allow those that signed up before to do so again. Simply sign up with a different name and the necessary information like you did the first time and if I get any more survivors I will use the name. As always I want people who haven't signed up to feel free to do so, and they will be used before someone who has already named a survivor.

• Options
    Big Mc is perfect.

• Options
    I don't think it's possible that Big McLargehuge could've gotten a better random stat array.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Is any of the useless skills "Beef"?

As in, the proficiency in the act of being beef?

PLA on
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    Lucia has a negative to wits? Well, at least it's not cardio or fighting. And hey, you can always speed up your search. It's not like that always breaks something and summons a shit ton of zombies. ;)

XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    Me and Biggie are gonna get along just fine.

Or beat the shit outta each other in a drunken haze.

50/50 either way.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Its spooky how close to the actual me my persona is. My cardio issue is more eating a lot of food than smokes though. :p

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I am also very much like my character. Born leader, destined for great things...
    Okay not so much lol.

I'll bask in the reflective glory of the character until he meets a grisly end, anyway :P

El Skid on