As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'M A TECHNICIAN!

124»

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    for some reason it will crash if i try to run it on my HDTV instead of my monitor

i wonder if these are related.

Kadith on
    zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Okay, I spent the rest of the morning playing it, stayed up all night. It is a fun game. And I do take back the Battlefield 2 thing. The thing is, I never played ET:Return to Castle Wolfenstein. That is probably where my problem was.

The vehicles are far from useless if you know what you are doing. The Strogg hog is a freaking beast, you can take out a tank and a few humvees before getting taken down if you know what you are doing. The Cyclops walker is badass as well. Although a few coordinated soldiers with rocket launchers should be able to take it down. Assuming of course there aren't any engineers (forget the strogg equivalent) standing back with the flying repair drone fixing up the walker. I am not a huge fan of the flight controls, but that would just be because I never got the chance to fly more than once. Getting your hands on one of those flyers is pretty tough.

My favorite class though would have to be the strogg oppressor. Setting up the deployable fire support and then laying waste to anyone who sits still long enough.

Still. The game just does not feel like classic Quake to me. Not to say it is a bad game, I just don't think I am going to be buying it once the game finally comes out. Team Fortress 2 and Unreal Tournament 3 are just around the corner and I have a relatively limited budget for this kind of thing.

Oh, and as far as specs go, I am running the game on my new laptop and it runs high settings rather smoothly.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
    Nvidia Geforce 8600m GT 256 Megs
    2 GB Ram

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    MeisterMeister Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It sucks that the game doesn't save your exp, but I guess it's because it's a demo.

Meister on
    3DS friend code friend code: 4485-1155-2584
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So should I get the demo or the beta?

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Damn. This is pretty addictive.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm gonna try and get a hold of this sometime

this looks pretty good

Obbi on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Meister wrote: »
    It sucks that the game doesn't save your exp, but I guess it's because it's a demo.

Guys, this isn't fucking BF2, stop thinking that it is (ETQW is vastly superior).

Your XP only lasts for the duration of a campaign. Then it gets reset. The persistant stats is just an overall tracking of your performance.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Damn, man, being a medic is the best.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    MeisterMeister Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nova_C wrote: »

Guys, this isn't fucking BF2, stop thinking that it is (ETQW is vastly superior).

Your XP only lasts for the duration of a campaign. Then it gets reset. The persistant stats is just an overall tracking of your performance.

Well I never played BF2, but I just thought it sucked that most of the upgrades I'd never get because the farthest I ever got was like rank 11 before it reset.

Meister on
    3DS friend code friend code: 4485-1155-2584
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Battlefield 2 can go suck ass.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nova_C wrote: »

Well I never played BF2, but I just thought it sucked that most of the upgrades I'd never get because the farthest I ever got was like rank 11 before it reset.

Well, it's all dependant on how the server is set up. In W:ET a campaign could go as long as six maps. There was also the rare server that never reset your xp so long as you stayed logged in.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited September 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    It would be cool if it was continuous like BF2. That was probably the coolest thing about BF2.

That is, until it wouldn't let me log in or download the expansion pack that I paid for. Oh and then EA didn't reply to my e-mails.

EA can go to hell.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    i'd play but im stuck on my macbook

so

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Cowboy up.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    how

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Man, you really are up the creek.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    step out of your car, sir

Faricazy on