As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Awesomenauts] definitely has the best theme music.

13»

• Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    Vic_Hazard wrote: »
    Dude, Clunk doesn't carry? Deactivate your aggression inhibitors there's nothing clunk does not do. I try other nauts sometimes but I always get bored real fast because they're not Clunk. They nerfed him heavily with all the hp reductions but he's still a beast, now you'll just have to be fine with 250% everyone elses health instead of 350%.

Rae and gnaw are dicks to Clunk but they'll die just like all the rest if they ever get caught, and unlike everyone else clunk can eat their harass. Space station is friggin' owned by Clunk. I just... The nerf hit him (and it was totally justified) but he's just soooooo goooooood. You have more damage and health than anyone else in the game.

If you want to have some fun you should try the build I go when I'm screwing around, Coco with lifesteal autoattacks. Pour everything into your autoattacks with lifesteal, now no one can ever beat you in melee combat and you heal up instantly from their creeps. It's reeeaaaally good against sustained damage dealers. Watch your weak early game and farm.

With Clunk just... Start killing people, continue killing people, farm all the lanes, destroy all the towers... And you should own the jungle too! Especially those boss creeps on that one level which Clunk can probably solo earliest of any naut. Get the speed upgrade immediately.

The problem I'm finding is that everyone is going all in for the early game, and Clunk is not an early game hero. If the enemy team decides to just focus me as they have been doing, I'm so level and cash starved I'm useless. Might try that Coco build though, haven't tried her yet.

Clunk might be the deadliest naut in the game at level 3. But hey I hear you, if you have teammates that just walks into the enemy there's probably not much you can do. Unless you pick a pusher and really ream the other team fast, they won't have time to gank your teammates then. I never play this game without friends. Actually the biggest problem this game has is its matchmaking, I guess there aren't enough players to continually match good games. A lot of games where they throw in newbies or bots.

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Dude, Clunk doesn't carry? Deactivate your aggression inhibitors there's nothing clunk does not do. I try other nauts sometimes but I always get bored real fast because they're not Clunk. They nerfed him heavily with all the hp reductions but he's still a beast, now you'll just have to be fine with 250% everyone elses health instead of 350%.

Rae and gnaw are dicks to Clunk but they'll die just like all the rest if they ever get caught, and unlike everyone else clunk can eat their harass. Space station is friggin' owned by Clunk. I just... The nerf hit him (and it was totally justified) but he's just soooooo goooooood. You have more damage and health than anyone else in the game.

If you want to have some fun you should try the build I go when I'm screwing around, Coco with lifesteal autoattacks. Pour everything into your autoattacks with lifesteal, now no one can ever beat you in melee combat and you heal up instantly from their creeps. It's reeeaaaally good against sustained damage dealers. Watch your weak early game and farm.

With Clunk just... Start killing people, continue killing people, farm all the lanes, destroy all the towers... And you should own the jungle too! Especially those boss creeps on that one level which Clunk can probably solo earliest of any naut. Get the speed upgrade immediately.

The problem I'm finding is that everyone is going all in for the early game, and Clunk is not an early game hero. If the enemy team decides to just focus me as they have been doing, I'm so level and cash starved I'm useless. Might try that Coco build though, haven't tried her yet.

Clunk might be the deadliest naut in the game at level 3. But hey I hear you, if you have teammates that just walks into the enemy there's probably not much you can do. Unless you pick a pusher and really ream the other team fast, they won't have time to gank your teammates then. I never play this game without friends. Actually the biggest problem this game has is its matchmaking, I guess there aren't enough players to continually match good games. A lot of games where they throw in newbies or bots.

Yeah if you see a few posts back where it was 3 tier 3's against my team of 2 3's and a 9.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
    So, hoping for a daily or flash sale, any skins that stand out other than the Bionic Rae one?

camo_sig.png
    edited July 2013
    This is up for a vote, if it includes the skins, it's an even better deal. Go vote.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
    edited July 2013
    Maxed out my lv, still in Tier 3. I declined Prestige for now, figure I'll wait until the new season starts to start fresh, then just have Lonestar carry me all the way to 3 again.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Having got this on the steam sale, it's a pretty fun game.
    I'm horrible, but its still fun.

PSN: jfrofl
    edited July 2013
    So, I want to tell you guys a little story from yesterday. Me as Clunk, a Coco and a Lonestar, against Skolldir, Yuri and Leon. Sand worm map. Those 3 douches hid in the little spot in the middle and either tongue grabbed or threw everyone into a mine nest set up in there for about 10 minutes. I finally managed to convince the pubs to stay behind our towers to force them to come out. I ask the enemy if they plan to actually play the game or hide in that spot all day, since I'm lv 102 and don't much care about Solar right now.

Through attrition we lose the front two towers. However, I'm Clunk. I've managed to farm enough to max out my auto attack damage and speed. I very suddenly pop their 2 squishes and sound the charge. We roll on out and take all 3 of their towers, they attempt to push back. They fail. Clunk has been angered, and must destroy all who oppose him. We win and I end with "GG, that's why you don't camp in the middle all day." and logged off. Felt good to stomp those trash talking kids into the ground.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
    Well, I think I might be done with this. In the past 2 weeks, every game I have played has had a leaver/ragequit on my team, and it ends in a loss. I dropped -2000- positions out of Rank 2 and into 3. It's not even worth it right now for me to just grind out XP to prestige. =\

camo_sig.png
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Apparently Awesomanuts now has a kickstarter to launch some new DLC.

One of the new characters appears to be some sort of Kroot Tech Priest hybrid.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
    Oh also, I wish people would stop picking gnaw on my team. He's not very useful for most comps and those times that he is, the player has no clue what he should be doing.

camo_sig.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Oh also, I wish people would stop picking gnaw on my team. He's not very useful for most comps and those times that he is, the player has no clue what he should be doing.

Most Gnaws don't understand any of his strengths outside of turrets. It's a similar problem most pub Raelyns have in understanding that she has other abilities than snipe and snipe is arguably her weakest one to pump solar into.

In other news I have Starstorm now. The new temple map may be the most enjoyable map in the game, it really shows they've learnt from the old maps and it's super clever in how it's put together. Ted Mcpain is a bruiser guy who starts of super squishy like Froggy G so I don't really get how to play him.

But I did finally unlock my attack speed buff for Cuddles, so 45DPS Raelyn is a thing I can do now. A terrible thing that no one quite seems to grasp until it obliterates them.

• gaminginpublicgaminginpublic Registered User regular
    If anyone wants to add me I play a ton of Awesomenauts! My steam is Gaming in Public but also looking foward to the PS4 version of the game as well!

• MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Grabbed Starstorm. New guy is so awesome, so I had to grab his stripper skin. It is the best, and so is he.

Is time a gift or punishment?
    I don't think it's possible to not quote Ted Mcpain compulsively while playing him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9vJWxpAajc

I've not being playing much. Just learnt about Penny Fox's existence. Unsurprisingly her theme music is awesome.

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So do people actually play this game? I bought it on PS4 because I was looking for more co-op games and enjoy mobas. Was surprised to see the thread so inactive :?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    So do people actually play this game? I bought it on PS4 because I was looking for more co-op games and enjoy mobas. Was surprised to see the thread so inactive :?

i was playing it on PC for a while, but strictly solo. unfortunately haven't played in a while, although i wish i could get back to it.