As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MTG] Temple of Abandon errata: Temple of Parties; Born of the Gods Prerelease Feb 1+2

19495969798100»

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I mean if you're gonna play maze's end at a gp you do it in style

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    That Maze's End deck makes me want to play Maze's end

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    I was looking at mechanics from RtR block and, overall , I probably think they are neater than what we've gotten from Theros so far (though I think both Devotion and Heroic are pretty cool.. and Inspired is just waiting for some awesome From The Lab posts).

But!

God, I love Scrying. I'd scry all day long if I could. In my Heroic deck when I'm triggering lots of Heroic off my Battlewuse Hoplite every turn with Ciphered Hidden Strings/Aqeoues form and other spells, I'm ALWAYS disappointed when the first scry trigger reveals something I want to keep. It means I don't get any excited digging on the rest of the turns triggers!

Seriously guys. Scry may be my favorite (unique) mechanic of my young Magic career

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Seriously guys. Scry may be my favorite (unique) mechanic of my young Magic career

You are definitely a Blue player.

• Options
    Anyone want to make the next thread? I can whip one up later, but I'm watching the Royal Rumble right now.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I was looking at mechanics from RtR block and, overall , I probably think they are neater than what we've gotten from Theros so far (though I think both Devotion and Heroic are pretty cool.. and Inspired is just waiting for some awesome From The Lab posts).

But!

God, I love Scrying. I'd scry all day long if I could. In my Heroic deck when I'm triggering lots of Heroic off my Battlewuse Hoplite every turn with Ciphered Hidden Strings/Aqeoues form and other spells, I'm ALWAYS disappointed when the first scry trigger reveals something I want to keep. It means I don't get any excited digging on the rest of the turns triggers!

Wait for the really juiced stuff in Journey into Nyx I think. I really want to make Zhur-Taa combo work and think their is some redundant pieces are all I need.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular

But!

Ever heard of Proliferate? Now that is a mechanic. Don't get me wrong, I love me some card filtering. Last year I built my deck around Forbidden Alchemy because it was my favorite card in Standard. But Proliferate... hoo boy, that one made Scars of Mirrodin block worth playing.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

Such a waste of potential....

• Options
    Kelor wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »

Such a waste of potential....

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I drafted a nearly mono-Blue deck in my most recent Theros draft, and with all the Scry I had going on I basically stopped drawing lands after I didn't want anymore. It was great.

• Options
    okay, I'm gonna cook up a new OP since no one's said anything!

• Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »
    Anyone want to make the next thread? I can whip one up later, but I'm watching the Royal Rumble right now.

Here! Use this!

y9wK2wO.jpg

• Options
    So I'm having trouble finding the exact deck list for that Mazes End deck. Don't suppose anybody can help with that?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/eventcoverage/gpvan14/welcome

Scroll down to the deck spotlight on this page for Torrez's Maze End

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Could someone list that here? I can't access that site atm.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Could someone list that here? I can't access that site atm.
    Main Deck
    61 cards

2 Azorius Guildgate
    2 Boros Guildgate
    1 Breeding Pool
    2 Dimir Guildgate
    2 Golgari Guildgate
    2 Gruul Guildgate
    1 Hallowed Fountain
    2 Izzet Guildgate
    4 Maze's End
    2 Orzhov Guildgate
    2 Rakdos Guildgate
    3 Selesnya Guildgate
    2 Simic Guildgate
    1 Temple Garden
    28 lands

1 Bow of Nylea
    4 Defend the Hearth
    4 Detention Sphere
    4 Druid's Deliverance
    4 Fog
    3 Merciless Eviction
    3 Negate
    4 Riot Control
    4 Supreme Verdict
    2 Urban Evolution
    33 other spells

Sideboard
    1 Bow of Nylea
    4 Crackling Perimeter
    3 Gainsay
    1 Merciless Eviction
    3 Turn // Burn
    3 Wear // Tear
    15 sideboard cards

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Oh, so it's kind of like Turbo Fog.

• Options

Basically.

But the more I think about it the more brilliant it seems. Its got to have great monoblack match-up. Its win-con is a land which black can't interact with at all. Crackling Perimeter as a secondary win sounds amazing and its looking at 8 pack rat killers by turn 4 and Eviction seems like really flexible card in a deck that feels it can sit around.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    It's tempting to throw that together on MTGO, as it's hella cheap.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular

Sadly Spirit of the Labyrinth seeing wide legacy play is probably going to make me have to shelve my Turbofog deck. Too many cards around that hit it as well.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    They need to get gatherer updated with all the new cards already

and so does the website I use to tinker at work

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Gatherer won't be updated until probably Thursday this week, if that

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Update on their site says Wednesday for gatherer, so you're probably right.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Pipe burst in my room, all my nerd things are ruined. I guess with insurance money I can START LEGACY YEA THAT'S A GOOD IDEA WOO SMART!

You may end up tragically disappointed at what an insurance company pays for what they consider "game pieces". Unless your entire collection was cataloged and verified, you may be getting like $200 for a $8,000 collection.

Happened to me in high school when we had a fire, and I've heard a pretty sizable pile of stories with near the same outcome.

• Options
    uuuuuuuuugh Saturday cannot get here fast enough

wanna play with some new cards

• Options
    I dunno if I'm doing prerelease because I dont wanna open 3 theros packs, I've seen quite enough

I'd rather just buy 6 born packs on release day

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I dunno if I'm doing prerelease because I dont wanna open 3 theros packs, I've seen quite enough

Ugh I clicked agree instead of quote. My bad.

Anyway, if you are any good at the game, you should do a prerelease and try to win some more BTG packs! If they do a typical 4 round event, you only have to win half your games to get your 6 packs, anyway. And you get 5~ hours of entertainment. Playing in prereleases is how I've made some of my strongest friendships. Unless you hate meeting new people, they're always a good idea.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I've been going to the same store for like 3 years, I'm well aware of what prereleases are all about

but I would rather not open arbor colossus #11 and just support the store by buying packs of what I'd rather actually open + release day drafts that we're doing as x3 born

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Ugh I clicked agree instead of quote. My bad.

Anyway, if you are any good at the game, you should do a prerelease and try to win some more BTG packs! If they do a typical 4 round event, you only have to win half your games to get your 6 packs, anyway. And you get 5~ hours of entertainment. Playing in prereleases is how I've made some of my strongest friendships. Unless you hate meeting new people, they're always a good idea.

If you click agree again then the agree goes away

I'll probably do a prerelease event because it is always really stupid and fun even though I lose

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I already have a box on pre-order, so I'll be more than happy to get that next friday

All I need for my Minotaurs deck right now is a couple dreadbores, then the actual botg cards (most of which are uncommons)

the 2 copies of Mogis are going to be the 'hard' part

• Options
    I already have a box on pre-order, so I'll be more than happy to get that next friday

All I need for my Minotaurs deck right now is a couple dreadbores, then the actual botg cards (most of which are uncommons)

Mogis is hard for you? Are you hard for Mogis?

• Options

Mogis is hard for you? Are you hard for Mogis?

i cropped to the battlefield on my sig for a reason

• Options
    Oh dear. He is crotch level with a forest of headstones, isn't he?

• Options
    He certainly is.

• Options
    also anyone doing prelease should go red

you have a chance of getting an on color god as your color pack rare and mogis and xenagos are $ and also super strong as is the red prerelease rare

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Oh dear. He is crotch level with a forest of headstones, isn't he?

why do you think they're called headstones

• Options
    also anyone doing prelease should go red

you have a chance of getting an on color god as your color pack rare and mogis and xenagos are $ and also super strong as is the red prerelease rare

But Phenax...... . . . . . . . . .. . .

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    butt phenax

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    butt phenax

Pip, I wish your butt was as good as your posts.

This discussion has been closed.