As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steam/Source: Games should be rated out of Valve, not out of 10

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So I'm setting up steam, and one of the first things I do is add non-steam game shortcuts to all my UT2k4 mods. <.<

Dehumanized on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Rentilius wrote: »
    Having a lot of fun in the Steam chat.

AlabasterSlim: So...I don't like Oral Sex
    omfgmyass: same with big bertha
    Bluemenace: "You'll never see the flavor coming!"

Good times. :lol:

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Peggle... So addicting...

Also thanks for the quick invite!

Tyberius on
  • TimCoTimCo Registered User new member
    edited September 2007
    I really can't think of a game I anticipate more than TF2. Unless it's Crystal Chronicles. Or Starcraft 2. Or Smash Bros. Brawl.

But other than those, definitely TF2.

Edit:

Oh. Also, Pretty please?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TimCo

TimCo on
  • BoomerBoomer Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Hey, I wanna play I wanna play!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bleemz

Boomer on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So, the Steam community facebook app wasn't working right for me, then I removed it so I could re install it, now it's gone from my news feed and I can't find it in the group search and it was edited out of the op.

?

august on
  • CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    One of you dicks needs to invite me to the group.

CJTheran on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    august wrote: »
    So, the Steam community facebook app wasn't working right for me, then I removed it so I could re install it, now it's gone from my news feed and I can't find it in the group search and it was edited out of the op.

?

Talking about this?

Peewi on
    edited September 2007
    Yep, thanks. Let's see if it works this time.

august on
    edited September 2007
    Still ain't working.

august on
    edited September 2007
    I just thought, how come we don't use the voice chat in the group chat channel?

Peewi on
  • RookRook Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Peewi wrote: »

Because we pay for a vent server?

Rook on
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This sexy man would like to join your illustrious community

EDIT: Shit yes im in. Now the gaysex can begin

Prohass on
    edited September 2007
    Prohass wrote: »
    This sexy man would like to join your illustrious community

EDIT: Shit yes im in. Now the gaysex can begin

That shit started weeks ago.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • DuoDuo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This person here would also rather like to be invited to this group.

:D

Duo on
  • DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

Also there is no push-to-talk button. Unless they added that at some point. I don't like to hear nerds panting into microphones.

Drool on
  • areaarea Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm going to cross-post this from towards the end of the old Steam thread in the hope that it gets noticed this time; I've been toying around with it, but I haven't been able to get it to work the way I want yet. I'd like to hear that it's impossible from someone more versed in the area, though!
    area wrote: »
    I've not used a headset before, but I'm looking into it to use it with you fine chaps for TF2 (an Xbox Live headset plus an Action Replay is looking promising at the moment). Do I lose stereo sound, as there is only one earpiece, or can it be set up so that only voice chat comes through the earpiece, leaving the regular speakers to deal with everything other than voice chat, or am I asking too much?

area on
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I think it's asking too much to separate the voice chat. I don't think any games support that on PC.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    So if you purchased the Orange Box, does anyone know how you give someone your HL2/Ep1 extras if you already own those?

bombardier on
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Suds wrote: »
    I think it's asking too much to separate the voice chat. I don't think any games support that on PC.

The games don't, but if you're running a separate program like Ventrillo its entirely possible with no loss of audio quality. Dunno if you can pull the same trick with Steam.

Phoenix-D on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    bombardier wrote: »
    So if you purchased the Orange Box, does anyone know how you give someone your HL2/Ep1 extras if you already own those?

You won't be able to give away your HL2/EP1 until the 10th of October.

Once it's the 10th some sort of like Gift button will appear or something.

Inquisitor on
    edited September 2007
    bombardier wrote: »

Info found here.

Peewi on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    Oh ok cool, thanks!

bombardier on
  • KingGrahamKingGraham Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Steam wasn't working too well for me this morning so I wasn't able to hunt for my own answers--

Are there prices yet for the individual pieces of the Orange Box? Like, is there any way to buy just Episodes 1/2 + Team Fortress 2 + Portal? I'd really like to save a few dollars if possible.

This Steam thread just reminded me of my greatest gaming regret of the last hundred years: Not buying Peggle when it was $10 this summer... What the hell was I thinking!!?

KingGraham on
    edited September 2007
    KingGraham wrote: »
    Steam wasn't working too well for me this morning so I wasn't able to hunt for my own answers--

Are there prices yet for the individual pieces of the Orange Box? Like, is there any way to buy just Episodes 1/2 + Team Fortress 2 + Portal? I'd really like to save a few dollars if possible.

This Steam thread just reminded me of my greatest gaming regret of the last hundred years: Not buying Peggle when it was $10 this summer... What the hell was I thinking!!?

HL2Price.jpg

They might introduce other bundles later on, but if you're literally just not wanting to buy it because you have HL2. I think you're being a little optimistic on getting it for cheaper.

Rook on
  • KingGrahamKingGraham Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Well that's pretty gay...

I guess I'll have an extra copy of Half-Life 2 to give away to...someone.

I'll just assume they're not going to give me a cheaper bundle and just preorder the Orange Box...if Steam is working better this evening.

Thanks kindly!

Edit: I use a shit-ton of ellipses...

KingGraham on
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Wait, so Valve's new price for "episodic content" is $30?

What?

Daedalus on
    edited September 2007
    Daedalus wrote: »

What?

I doubt it, I imagine they're just trying to get you to buy the orange pack.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited September 2007
    Apparently Ep2 is longer than Ep1. And given that most expansion packs of games are around that price, it doesn't seem entirely unreasonable.

Rook on
  • AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Team Fortress addicted male is looking for a community to play lots of videogames with.

(invite plz?)

(also, what is up with steam? I can't seem to edit anything from my profile but adding my avatar, which isn't even the one I want...)

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Daedalus wrote: »

What?

episodic content that updates the engine? yes

tyrannus on
    edited September 2007
    Rook wrote: »
    Apparently Ep2 is longer than Ep1. And given that most expansion packs of games are around that price, it doesn't seem entirely unreasonable.

Yeah, it looks like a lot more work is going into Ep2 compared to Episodes 1. Cinematic Physics, new enemies, new lighting system, new vehicle, focus on non-linear objective oriented combat etc.

Besides, who cares if it's $30. Hardly anyone who wants Ep2 is going to skip out on the orange box.

Inquisitor on
    edited September 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Yeah, it looks like a lot more work is going into Ep2 compared to Episodes 1. Cinematic Physics, new enemies, new lighting system, new vehicle, focus on non-linear objective oriented combat etc.

Besides, who cares if it's $30. Hardly anyone who wants Ep2 is going to skip out on the orange box.

What about the Zombine and HDR. (Okay, HDR was in Lost Coast, but that was only a tech demo.)

Peewi on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Portal... TF2... Episode 2... on the same day.

I cannot take this much awesome.

Jasconius on
    edited September 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »

What about the Zombine and HDR. (Okay, HDR was in Lost Coast, but that was only a tech demo.)

Fair points, admittedly. The zombine was more of a twist on the classic head-crab zombie, and like you said HDR was new.

Episode 2 does have a new weapon as well, and the ability for monsters to latch unto your vehicle. But, hopefully the real reason why it's $10 more is that it is longer.

Inquisitor on
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So what do all of these games require to play? Something that can run EP 1 or do you need a stronger machine?

Barcardi on
  • SilentCoconutSilentCoconut Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    KingGraham wrote: »

You'll be happy to hear that Peggle Deluxe has been cut back to $10 again. And judging by the fact that it's now the fourth best selling game on Steam, I'd say giving out a trial in Peggle Extreme was a great idea. Oh Valve, I wish I could give you all my money.

SilentCoconut on
    edited September 2007
    Barcardi wrote: »
    So what do all of these games require to play? Something that can run EP 1 or do you need a stronger machine?

Probably something a bit stronger then a machine that can just manage Episode 1, as the engine has been upgraded and expanded to do more intensive stuff, like large outdoor environments.

Also, new av and sig to match my stream community av sig, for less confusion. :D

Inquisitor on
    edited September 2007
    Barcardi wrote: »

System requirements on this page.

In the TF2 thread there's also a link to something that will check if you machine can play it.

Peewi on