As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinny Pals Gaming: Killer Pinstinct

• Options
    NinjaLunchBox79NinjaLunchBox79 Registered User regular
    No email for me either .... Hhmmmmm.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Promo codes for the January pins will go out tomorrow as well.
    Tomorrow as in whenever I wake up and it's daylight. So... Wednesday, I guess.

Daylight in Seattle. Funny.

Well, 2pm and no code so far. I'm wondering if he's awake yet.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Got an email
    Your registration into the Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition was successful. If this is your second time receiving this email, do not worry, you are just twice as awesome in our book.

see that? I'm TWICE as awesome! :D

promo codes coming soon

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Got my registration confirmation, so much relief, thanks Hippo!

• Options
    Spy112Spy112 VancouverRegistered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Got an email
    Your registration into the Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition was successful. If this is your second time receiving this email, do not worry, you are just twice as awesome in our book.

see that? I'm TWICE as awesome! :D

promo codes coming soon

Got my second one as well. Makes me feel so special

• Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    Second confirmation received!

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    TheHonestHippoTheHonestHippo MicrosoftRegistered User regular
    Yeah, we are behind on promo codes and pins. I want to sort out our emailing problems before moving ahead.

Twitter: @HonestHippo
  • Options
    DominusSephDominusSeph Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    Success, I finally got an email!

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Keep it up, @TheHonestHippo. Don't take our complaining to heart. We love you.

I got my successful confirmation today as well. I now love KI again. ;) Haha.

edit: Where are you guys displaying your Pin Ultimate binder? Have you put the two pins in it yet or are you waiting to get all the pins?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    Registered via the on-console browser for a third time, because why not, right? Nothing as of 2353 EST. Probably gonna give future Pin Editions a pass, I think. I'm really not pleased with how this was organized.

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    A whole lot of challenges have just appeared on KI. Most are repeats of previous challenges.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Registered via the on-console browser for a third time, because why not, right? Nothing as of 2353 EST. Probably gonna give future Pin Editions a pass, I think. I'm really not pleased with how this was organized.

Shoot @TheHonestHippo a message, he has been a huge help in this.

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular

Shoot TheHonestHippo a message, he has been a huge help in this.
    Yeah I've notified him a couple times, at this point I guess I'm just venting

He's posted to be patient, and tweeted that no one is "falling through the cracks"

I just have to hope that's the case :/

vQ77AtR.png
  • Options
    Just takes a bit of time to check everyone through the database. It sounds like honesthippo is doing it manually, which I can only imagine would take a while. He said nobody is getting lost so just be patient, we will all have our codes by the time the pins are out ;)

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular

Well it was put together last minute, which explains a lot. It doesn't excuse stuff, but at least give an explanation why things are the way they are. Processes were done on the back of envelopes, testing was rushed and there was nobody to copy from since this is the first Pin Edition ever. It's the pioneering days of Pin Edition, when burly men with beards tame the wild forests with hand axes and jugs of moonshine.

I may have drunk a little too much Nyquil.

But anyway, patience with this should prove fruitful. In typical MS fashion they usually get things right by the third attempt. Sometimes the R2.

• Options
    No I know, I don't want to belittle the effort that went into making all this happen to begin with!

I understand that it was a big undertaking

It's just that it's a drag to be wondering where I stand at this point

Like I said, venting, mostly

vQ77AtR.png
  • Options
    I'm with ya .... I havnt received any email either ..... Being a big KI fan I'm a little frustrated. Just hope I get registered soon ....

• Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Got my "twice as awesome mail". heres hoping we can get a new (hopefully easier) challenge soon

f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    So has anyone noticed the challenge starting in 21 days? On a Streak - 5 consecutive wins!!!! Hhmmmm could be the third challenge pin ... Maybe

• Options
    No I doubt that will be it. Hippo said the next one would be easier and more community focused.

Also... http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bYUEwxDzO7w

I've been away from the game for a few weeks. I think its time to get back in

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    So has anyone noticed the challenge starting in 21 days? On a Streak - 5 consecutive wins!!!! Hhmmmm could be the third challenge pin ... Maybe

Nooooooooo... I have decided to not put up any challenge that I wouldn't be able to complete myself. 5 in a row is brutal, even with the rage quit fix and better rank matching.

• Options

It is always helpful to know people's gamertags when they have not received emails. It helps us track what may have gone wrong. PM me and I will confirm you.

Mass emailing is a challenge. We have tested out different services and either messages get caught on spam filters or delivery is just plain unreliable. We are then setting up a proper Microsoft email account to send out the promo codes. If the stars align correctly, they will go out tomorrow (cheers for January having 31 days).

• Options
    Can you give a date for spinal yet? dat trailer tho..... DAT TRAILER

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Can you give a date for spinal yet? dat trailer tho..... DAT TRAILER

Max (Youtube fighting game sensation) said probably later today. Hopefully, because I might possibly shuffle things around and do a little stream of my playing around with him and then some ranked matches.

I really want the soundtrack for this game. Spinal's stage theme (at least that is what I assume we heard in the trailer) is FANTASTIC.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Probably a dumb question, but the stage also comes with the character too, yes?

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Still no confirmation of registration .... Yep

• Options
    NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    Finally got my registration email after a while of waiting, though it didn't end up going to my email associated with my XBL account, it went to the secondary email I supplied.

With that said, @TheHonestHippo has been RIDICULOUSLY helpful through all of this, so a big thank you to him and anyone that may be on his end with assisting people with things.

• Options
    Probably a dumb question, but the stage also comes with the character too, yes?

Yup, Im actually moe excited for that stage than I am for Spinal. I am going to lose it the first time the Kraken shows up

f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    Nooooooooo... I have decided to not put up any challenge that I wouldn't be able to complete myself. 5 in a row is brutal, even with the rage quit fix and better rank matching.

So, kinda on/off topic but how is the Pin edition going on your end? Would it be considered a success business wise? Are there talks for more promos like this?

f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    Received my confirmation for completing the pin challenge!

itshappening.gif

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    Ordered both pins and a combo breaker shirt. Good stuff.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Ordered both ki pins and a valentines... Bueno.

• Options
  • Options
    Konig Wolf wrote: »

So, just so I have this right. The wolf one isn't free for anyone, but the combo breaker is for those who did the challenge?

• Options
    Konig Wolf wrote: »

So, just so I have this right. The wolf one isn't free for anyone, but the combo breaker is for those who did the challenge?

Yes.

Also any word on the February challenge?

• Options

Just gotta wait for my combo breaker email!

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    Hippo replied to me via Twitter

@evilbadman Character pins are not tied to a challenge, they are just for purchase.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options

Just gotta wait for my combo breaker email!

And of course, as soon as I say that, I get my email. WOOT.

• Options
    Pins AND spinal update! My weekend is set!

8fuuo_RK.png