As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LOOK AT MY [Comics Art Appreciation Thread]! – NSF56K

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I think Gamora's costume would be improved immeasurably with the simple addition of a hood and cape

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    All the complaining that goes on about skimpy, impractical, overly sexualized female superhero attire...

Now they take a character who wore a combat swimsuit and give her head-to-toe armor and now we're not happy with that either?

Gaslight on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    All the complaining that goes on about skimpy, impractical, overly sexualized female superhero attire...

Now they take a character who wore a combat swimsuit and give her head-to-toe armor and now we're not happy with that either?

i'm not happy with either costume there
    just because something is non-sexualized doesnt mean it's good in comparison to something that is sexualized

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »

i'm not happy with either costume there
    just because something is non-sexualized doesnt mean it's good in comparison to something that is sexualized

also, look at her body composition.

even if she is covered head-to-toe, she is still falling for maximum boobs-butt exposure.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    Gamora's current getup manages to be extremely busy and also bland and uninteresting at the same time.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Yeah, I like the idea of that Mass Effect style armor for a uniform for a space traveling superhero team

But that particular armor's kind of bland

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Tony Moore drew a Krampus

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    I really like this cover, by Ulises Farinas.

FIWUEwZl.jpg

It's a cool concept, and executed really well. I like the pink, neon lettering. Though, I really prefer this version, with the more saturated colors.

nPkG65Q.jpg

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I love the work of Ulises Farinas so much

Jg6rgAP.jpg

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Munch wrote: »
    nPkG65Q.jpg

I AM THE (C)LAW

Linespider5 on
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I just love Kevin Maguire's work, especially dem faces!

Justice_League_International_Vol_3_zpsa3548618.jpg

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I want a crossover with one side drawn by Francavilla and one side by Cliff Chiang

I don't care who the characters or writers are

• Options
    Animated covers by Brad Backofen

tumblr_inline_mpuifh3dsy1qz4rgp.gif
    (click for possibly sick-inducing big)

tumblr_inline_mmlqecmgL61qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_mpmn8orAo01rxp9cso1_500.gif

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Chip Zdarsky did a Quantum & Woody variant:

tumblr_mxefcdSfAJ1qaotjto1_1280.jpg

• Options
    Travel Foreman (Animal Man, Iron Fist) has a new book coming out.

SCOPfED.jpg

UdLiNX7.jpg

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    So metal. Can't wait to see the final product from Mark Laming (monkeymarc):

7964f66262ae11e3b4f3120cafa3e51b_8.jpg

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    From the always awesome Ramon Villalobos:

XXUMM25.jpg

I love the gnarly, knotted musculature in Daredevil's back.

• Options
    I like how the horns are fluted instead of the stubby little ones Daredevil usually has.

Not sure if those clodhopper boots will work for leaping building to building, but whatever.

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Oh my God Mondo you can't do this to me
    PCC_MaskofthePhantasm_Blog.jpg

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Bobby DerieBobby Derie Registered User regular
    I like how the horns are fluted instead of the stubby little ones Daredevil usually has.

Not sure if those clodhopper boots will work for leaping building to building, but whatever.
    With the shorts and the wrapped hands, I think those are supposed to be boxing shoes.

The Unpublishable - Original fiction blog, updates Fridays
    Sex & the Cthulhu Mythos
  • Options
    Michel Fiffe's Image heroes.

5OhT9do.jpg

There's something I really love about seeing the Image characters, drawn in a sort of understated indie style.

Also, I just commissioned Kyle Starks to do a Blue Beetle piece for me, because of course.

He'd previously done an illustration I really liked, with Beetle sitting on top of his Bug, which reminded me of this one I'd done.

So, I asked him about selling it to me, and was informed it had already sold. So, he did this instead.

BdQv-T1CIAASPPv.jpg

The one at the bottom was the one I'd asked about buying, and the one at the top is what he wound up drawing for me. I like that it's basically the same scene, but flipped around to be viewed from a different angle.

• Options
    BEp5Uj4.jpg

I love this

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Ben Templesmith, because somebody in another thread called his art terrible and that's just a ludicrous thing to happen.

tumblr_lkg9xeeDpq1qz5805o1_500.jpg

tumblr_l7dv8ilR4p1qce9ueo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAI6WLSGT7Y3ET7ADQ&Expires=1390097545&Signature=ZPo7%2BlzZKmv6qjI9rQja2Psj%2BEU%3D#_=_

batman_templesmith.jpg

• Options
    Word. I really like his style; exaggerated proportions, gritty linework, and a really nice sense of motion, makes for some pretty cool, kinetic comics.

bDdBYwr.jpg

• Options
    I don't recall ever reading anything with sequential art by him, but his pinups are fantastic

• Options
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/waltsimonsonappreciationsociety/permalink/10152177601014793/?stream_ref=2
    The Wall. Pencils. 28 x 17. 1982.

Inks by Terry Austin.

This is the first appearance of The Wall. It was a spread in the X-Men and the Teen Titans cross-over. Chris Claremont and I extrapolated some stuff that Jack Kirby had done in his New Gods comic about 10 years earlier, and came up as a specific visual for the 'barrier' at the edge of the universe, beyond which was The Source.

I like that even though it appeared in an inter-company cross-over, it became part of DC canon. And I like that occasionally, I see the idea credited to Jack.

I've always taken those things to mean that we melded our idea into the DCU and the Fourth World in an appropriate and effective way.

Cool. ;)

1509951_663387370370294_717138864_n.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/waltsimonsonappreciationsociety/permalink/10152177601014793/?stream_ref=2
    The Wall. Pencils. 28 x 17. 1982.

Inks by Terry Austin.

This is the first appearance of The Wall. It was a spread in the X-Men and the Teen Titans cross-over. Chris Claremont and I extrapolated some stuff that Jack Kirby had done in his New Gods comic about 10 years earlier, and came up as a specific visual for the 'barrier' at the edge of the universe, beyond which was The Source.

I like that even though it appeared in an inter-company cross-over, it became part of DC canon. And I like that occasionally, I see the idea credited to Jack.

I've always taken those things to mean that we melded our idea into the DCU and the Fourth World in an appropriate and effective way.

Cool. ;)

1509951_663387370370294_717138864_n.jpg

HEY! I just read Uncanny X-Men and The New Teen Titans the other day! I saw that! It was pretty neat, and I thought it had been around longer than that too.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    He's always real particular with the boots, I've noticed.

Kind of dig the idea of Kyle making a race track for Barry(I assume) to run on.

• Options
    YOU ASSUMED WRONG

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Flash Fact: Wally's waist lightning bolt isn't a belt like Barry's

TexiKen on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Be_zdaLCEAAzcqy.jpg-large.jpg

Daft Punk by Francesco Francavilla

(@Antimatter)

• Options
    A drawing. Pen and Ink. 10 z 15. 2014.
    The bright snake gapes to heaven above;
    Against the serpent goes Odin's son.

Bfc6tBcCUAAhz6o.jpg

• Options
    They should've brought him back for Fear Itself.