As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Day 1 East pin-line meet up.

darkinferodarkinfero BOP-ITMalden, MARegistered User regular
edited March 2014 in Pinny Arcade
I figure I would make a list of people going to East.
It would be very easy for us to do a meet up Thursday before the con.
Also we can work together to get pins.
I would like to work out where we could meet.

List of people going: http://goo.gl/9GIf6d
Thank you beker for making the google doc.

We can meet up at 7am at the seaport so we can head to dunks and then wait in line to get our pin at the store.
I also updated the google dock to reflect it. Bring you DS the expo hall doesn't open till 10.

My Pin collection
signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
darkinfero on

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Pedro is working on something, a thread is nice though. Add me

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    I'll be there. Glad to hear something is in the works. At the very least a organized gathering at\near the pre-pax board game night would work. Might get some people there trading that don't follow the forums as well.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Midas244Midas244 Registered User regular
    I'll be there for the week before but I'm also enforcing so my hours might be a bit all over the place :)

• cabbie98cabbie98 Registered User regular
    Put me down as well. I will be getting in around noon on Thursday and plan to attend the boardgame night.

WiiU: cabbie98
    3DS FC: 4382-1976-1645
    Pin Pals Digital Lanyard
  • CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    I'll be attending all three days. I'm not getting to Boston until Thursday evening so I don't know if I'll be able to attend a pre-pax meet-up. But I'm all for organizing ourselves during the con itself. :)

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I'm trying to get together something for the Thursday night. I know some people are saying "Make it part of the Pokecrawl" or similar, but I would rather it be something that people can dip in and out of. The crawl has a sign up limit, and is a draw for reasons other than Pins. The boardgame evening is more likely, since people can turn up, play games and trade Pins on their own schedule.

What I would like to do is have a couple of meeting points during each day where we can meet up and exchange Pins and information. Nothing major, just a "from 1-2 a few of us will be gathering outside [Theatre], bring Pins and lunch" kind of thing. Turn up for a few minutes or the full hour, and you can add information to the Hivemind and get updated yourself. I'm thinking that if people make a point of asking vendors "how many Pins do you have left?" we can keep rough track and let people know which are close to running out.

• Konig WolfKonig Wolf Registered User regular
    Will be in Boston Wednesday through Tuesday.

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    I live in boston so I'm going to be around thursday. I like bring it up with the board game night. I will have a plan of attack to get pins. It will be great to get the hive mind together.

My Pin collection
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'm going to be in Boston all day Thursday up until I leave for the Pokecrawl/food (so maybe 6-7PM), so I'll be at the Westin until then playing games probably, with my pins in hand of course.

I'm going to be in Boston all day Thursday up until I leave for the Pokecrawl/food (so maybe 6-7PM), so I'll be at the Westin until then playing games probably, with my pins in hand of course.
    I think they may be moving it to the seaport this year. I plan to bring all my extras to trade. I think we need to have something that says we are pinpals. Like a custom pin of some sort.

My Pin collection
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    darkinfero wrote: »
    I think they may be moving it to the seaport this year. I plan to bring all my extras to trade. I think we need to have something that says we are pinpals. Like a custom pin of some sort.

Mike did say he would think about this, and myself and Manic2k have some Plans, Schemes and Ideas. A Community Pin will probably be 2015, but it will be Epic Tier.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I'd say just attend the board game night on Thursday and don't plan something huge then. Nothing new will be out to really trade for before the con. Once we can hit the convention, THEN it will be important for meet-ups so that you can trade, inform each other on pin availability, and all that good stuff.

I probably won't need to do a meet-up until I hit Behemoth or grab a few vendor pins.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    we can do a meet-up friday or saturday after the con floor closes.

My Pin collection
  • VersuserikVersuserik (E) Versuserik Maui HawaiiRegistered User regular
    I'll be there. Please add me to the list!

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
    [♦]Working my ass off to pay for all this shit.
  • 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    I know I and @frostbyte will be able to be there. We will both be in Boston all day Thursday.

• ancienteternityancienteternity Registered User regular
    I'll be at PAX as well. I'll be wandering the city with my buddy on Thursday since it's his first PAX but I'm game for a Friday night meetup.

3HbAeAg.png

I'm ready for the next PAX already!
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Doing a meet up during the G&T signing which is usually in the queue room might make sense. Last PAX many of the staff were there trading their head pins, and there is plenty of space no matter how large our gathering might become. No seats of course but groups can always drift over to the food area if they want to settle down for more serious trades. Historically the signing is usually Sunday morning I believe. That would means people would have the majority of their collections sorted out and still have some time after it to go acquire last minute items.

I still think something Thursday or earlier in the weekend would be good so we can put faces to avatars that we can recognize while wandering PAX for impromptu trades.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
    Beker wrote: »
    Doing a meet up during the G&T signing which is usually in the queue room might make sense. Last PAX many of the staff were there trading their head pins, and there is plenty of space no matter how large our gathering might become. No seats of course but groups can always drift over to the food area if they want to settle down for more serious trades. Historically the signing is usually Sunday morning I believe. That would means people would have the majority of their collections sorted out and still have some time after it to go acquire last minute items.

I still think something Thursday or earlier in the weekend would be good so we can put faces to avatars that we can recognize while wandering PAX for impromptu trades.

I agree, I met so many great people at prime. Usually at the info desk.

My Pin collection
  • msuroomsuroo Registered User regular
    I'll be there. Also agree that Thursday at the Westin (board game night) is a great spot to meet up ahead of time.

• Aussie BenAussie Ben AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I will most likely be there now after a wonderful change of plans. But I will be stuck in one spot, it seems. :-) When I find out more I'll let you know.

Edit: Unfortunately the change of plans has changed again, and I can't make it. =/ Have a good time without me!

Aussie Ben on
    You can add me to the list of people going to East. Depending on what I might need, I'll probably try to meet up or will at least be trading if necessary.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    No matter where everyone is, the pre-PAX places are (almost) guaranteed to be in easy reach for everyone. Even if you can't make it to one of those, there's always meet-ups on the show floor itself!

• BurtBurt Registered User regular
    I'll be at east... but i probably won't be around for a Thursday night meetup, as I think I'm driving up on Friday morning.

Burt wrote: »
    I'll be at east... but i probably won't be around for a Thursday night meetup, as I think I'm driving up on Friday morning.
    I so want to do a middle weekend meet up. We can always meet up at a panel or right in the lobby.

My Pin collection
  • rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    I'll be there and would love to meet up!!!

• zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    I'll be there! Thursday morning to Tuesday morning.

CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
  • Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Please add me to the list. I would also like to meet up. I get in town Tuesday, and will be leaving Monday morning.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
    I threw together a Google Doc to help us coordinate and work out when a good time might be.
    http://goo.gl/9GIf6d
    I added the list from the op of whos going to be there so far. Anyone with the link should be able to edit the sheet, so feel free to drop in your details, add columns etc if you want.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
    Beker wrote: »
    I threw together a Google Doc to help us coordinate and work out when a good time might be.
    http://goo.gl/9GIf6d
    I added the list from the op of whos going to be there so far. Anyone with the link should be able to edit the sheet, so feel free to drop in your details, add columns etc if you want.
    I should I did a google doc
    Also we should add her pin pal link

My Pin collection
  • AjaxonAjaxon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I just added my info to the doc. I fly in Thursday and out on Sunday but funny enough I only have a pass for Friday. My wife and I will be seeing some friends who are meeting up with us the rest of the weekend.

• Midas244Midas244 Registered User regular
    Added my info, including my cell/email/real name in case someone wants to call/email/whatever to say hey. No pressure for anyone else to do so as well but I trust you guys.

Is there any way we can get a live chat going on during PAX or something, like a G-chat, giving instant updates on where staff members are maybe? Unless we just want to use Twitter or something.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    twitter would work well for that

so would groupme

• CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    Another vote for twitter, here. I'll already be using it a lot, since Mike tends to tweet his location when he's pin trading.

If we do go the twitter route... I have seen the #pinnyarcade hashtag used, but I worry that one will get bogged down with newbies and general commentary. It might be a good idea to use one specifically for pin acquisition updates, really specific stuff, so people can get real time updates quickly without having to sort through a million "I'm 12 years old and what is this #pinnyarcade" and "omg I love #pinnyarcade".

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
    I'm probably going to make a separate account just for PAX, following only pin pals and the PA staff, just to make it easier to sift through.

My fall back for finding Mike/Jerry will be the autograph session on Sunday, which at Prime they had a bunch of other staff members there trading too, so hopefully that will make life easy.

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'll be going to PAX East, but will only be in Boston Friday thru Sunday.

I'm probably going to make a separate account just for PAX, following only pin pals and the PA staff, just to make it easier to sift through.

My fall back for finding Mike/Jerry will be the autograph session on Sunday, which at Prime they had a bunch of other staff members there trading too, so hopefully that will make life easy.
    I also might do that also just to find people.
    My twitter can get pretty bogged down.
    I saw that you are local, what part of the state do you live in.
    I'm from the northshore.

My Pin collection
    Midas244 wrote: »
    Added my info, including my cell/email/real name in case someone wants to call/email/whatever to say hey. No pressure for anyone else to do so as well but I trust you guys.
    I like that idea, If people have google voice feel free to put it.
    Everyone I met in the penny-arcade and pinny pals have been awesome.
    I added my email also. Feel free to text me with information.
    I think we could make a twitter list of all the staff so we can trade pins.

My Pin collection
    I 100% recommend GroupMe. It is basically a mobile chat room. I used it with people last year and it works well (although drains the shit out of your battery).

bYf6vNQ.png
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Not going to East but thought id chime in on chat apps.

'Line' is a pretty good one, as far as I know is available for all platforms AND theres a pc/mac version as well. You can be logged into both pc and phone at the same time, so people not going to pax can even enter the chat.

http://line.me/en/

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png