As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV:ARR] Old 2.15 Patch thread.

• BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Yesterday when doing my daily low level roullete, the healer it gave us did not cast a single heal. He just ran ahead without saying a word and started casting stone on things. We made it through all the initial trash packs that way, with us asking him several times if he intended to heal ever, and he didn't respond. He wasn't even dpsing in cleric stance. On the first boss pull (this was tam'tara) I let him keep aggro on the guys, and he just cast stone until he died, didn't even heal himself.
    He self ressed and ran back to the boss entrance, when we all died we rejoined it. We buffed up, and figured we'd give him a chance to see if he'd had his fill of trolling.

He didn't even go in. So we kicked him.

It was this dude.
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5701274/

Just ran into this guy in a guildhest. He was afk through the whole thing, had to spam stoneskin on myself to stay alive.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Its probably best to just keep an eye out and kick if he earns it followed by reports.

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    This situation reminds me of the guy in Warcraft that was performing an experiment to see if he could "beat the game" while being the worst player ever. (Of course, that guy was a DD and not a healer....) He was kicked a grand total of once from dungeons/raids, while doing little to no damage and taking as much damage as possible; the only time anyone even noticed was when he put someone else on autofollow.

Then again, with a name like "Buttered Popcorn," I'm guessing this guy made the character to specifically be a troll.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    K3EKSi7f

Cavalry get! Whole set complete, including the belt, and still level-appropriate!

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »
    K3EKSi7f

Cavalry get! Whole set complete, including the belt, and still level-appropriate!

Argh I'm so jealous. I've leveled 4 characters through that dungeon and can never get the Cavalry chest!

Looks awesome though! Great job!

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    I got extremely lucky. Cavalry chest first run (which was also my Roulette daily, shockingly enough), mask second, pants and belt third, nothing on the fourth, and then boots and gloves on the last.

I'm just about 36, so I've still got a good four levels of this stuff being good until I replace it with Mythril at 40.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    If it's any consolation I've destroyed two full sets of Cavalry.

Don't worry though, the game is punishing me by making sure I never get the spear out of Stone Vigil.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I got the spear from stone vigil on my second run as DRG! :P I really want the PLD sword from there.

I got really lucky with Cavalry and Infantry. I got the full Cavalry set in 5 runs and the full infantry set in 2 (granted, I already had the boots, I meant from when i actually started trying).

Battlemage though I didn't get until I had outleveled the gear on all 3 caster jobs; and I still never got the belt. :rotate:

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

Oh, just a reminder that today is the last day to get your gimp hat, stone golem and " tarutaru are factually better in every concevable way to lalafel" Shantotto doll. :P

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I still need the Calvary and Battlemage pants.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I'm probably going to just use af1 for vanity since the color is a bit better than af2

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Dragoon AF2 is the best.

What happens when you're a catgirl in a FC of Lalas?
    YOU CONSTANTLY GET YOUR ASS SLAPPED
    4O3cHsN.png

Ishtaar wrote: »
    4O3cHsN.png

Can confirm that this happens all the damned time.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    There's a lot more stuff to do to get started on endgame after the main quest than I expected.

Which, is really pretty great. I was afraid that the game would feel "over."

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
    4O3cHsN.png

This is why I like being the only (male) Lala in an FC of catgirls. B)

(though I only ever do it to the couple people I know who are cool with it, since it's hella fuckin' rude otherwise)

ZvOMJnu.png
  • NezeriusNezerius NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    4O3cHsN.png

Pfft, like that ever happens to my catgirl, I'm way too elusive to be caught by a pack of lala's!

Apparently, these things never happen to Roe's, I wonder why.

FFXIV: Rintha Elenah
    Steam: Nezerius
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Because Roe's eat Lala's for lunch.

Om Nom Nom.

am0n wrote: »
    Because Roe's eat Lala's for lunch.

Om Nom Nom.

I was more thinking along the lines of height difference.

Guess a Lala could slap a Roe's ankles.

Frisky lalafell that get too friendly with Roes get squashed into jelly.
    vsq8.jpg

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
    edited February 2014
    For whatever reason, everyone in my FC hates moogles. Well, everyone except the Aussie girl and me. She and I begged and begged for a moogle doll for the house and were shot down, instead they gave us a moogle of nightmares.

Yep, we only have one Roe in the FC, and it's a giant, nekkid male with a moogle hat. That's our 'moogle.'

(We did finally mope enough to get a frankenmoogle doll for the house, but they keep hiding it. Under couches, under lamps, under the hot tub, behind a bookcase... And every day I dutifully put it back in the bedroom. It's fun being in a small enough FC that everyone can have modify access to the house.)

Ishtaar on
    Greg USN wrote: »
    Frisky lalafell that get too friendly with Roes get squashed into jelly.
    vsq8.jpg

That guy has some massive pecs.

Do you even lift, bro?

For whatever reason, everyone in my FC hates moogles. Well, everyone except the Aussie girl and me. She and I begged and begged for a moogle doll for the house and were shot down, instead they gave us a moogle of nightmares.

Yep, we only have one Roe in the FC, and it's a giant, nekkid male with a moogle hat. That's our 'moogle.'

(We did finally mope enough to get a frankenmoogle doll for the house, but they keep hiding it. Under couches, under lamps, under the hot tub, behind a bookcase... And every day I dutifully put it back in the bedroom. It's fun being in a small enough FC that everyone can have modify access to the house.)

I get the feeling ours will be filled with naked cat boys >.<

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I don't know about you guys but dem abs.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
    edited February 2014
    Cormac wrote: »
    I don't know about you guys but dem abs.

Sometimes being a pretty princess means breaking a few thousand eggs, by doing crunches, upside down.

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
    I do that all the time...

One.... two... three... *girls walk by* ....thousand... 3 thousand 1....

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Out of curiosity, about how long does it take to get from level 30 to 50?

IKknkhU.gif
    Stilts wrote: »

Depends on how hard you push, really.

If you push hard and run dungeons and do FATES or leves while you're waiting on queues you could do it in a couple days. If you're just going by like roulette xp it'll take forever.

edited February 2014
    The Valentione's Event has started!

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2014/Ardor_and_Affection/

1AXD7vD.jpg

Also don't forget the Lightning Event is also active again!

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2014/Lightning_Strikes/

So if you missed it the first time here is your chance to get that costume and/or weapons you wanted!

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
    edited February 2014

Like Herpes said, depends on your rate. If you did your 6 Battleleves a day, plus low-level roulette and your guildhest roulette, you'd gain about 1.25 levels a day (I'd estimate, 1.5 hours per day?). So, assuming you logged in every day for that, about 16 days. Throw in some FATEs, hunting log, quests if you have them, extra dungeons... less.

I hit 50 on my PLD on Friday and was working on Relic Saturday. My DRG was 32 I believe at that point. Yesterday when I logged my DRG was almost level 40 from doing any FATES I ran by while doing my hunting log, a slew of battleleves and my daily roulettes.

Edit: All this really depends on if you have rested exp and the armory bonus. If you have neither, it'll be a bit slower (rested + armory = 100% bonus exp on anything you kill and FATE exp).

am0n on
    I think Cleric Stance might be a bit too good for SCH.
    Fon2S9P.jpg
    V9aN0SE.jpg

Shhhh, don't give away our secret!

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    am0n wrote: »

Like Herpes said, depends on your rate. If you did your 6 Battleleves a day, plus low-level roulette and your guildhest roulette, you'd gain about 1.25 levels a day (I'd estimate, 1.5 hours per day?). So, assuming you logged in every day for that, about 16 days. Throw in some FATEs, hunting log, quests if you have them, extra dungeons... less.

I hit 50 on my PLD on Friday and was working on Relic Saturday. My DRG was 32 I believe at that point. Yesterday when I logged my DRG was almost level 40 from doing any FATES I ran by while doing my hunting log, a slew of battleleves and my daily roulettes.

Edit: All this really depends on if you have rested exp and the armory bonus. If you have neither, it'll be a bit slower (rested + armory = 100% bonus exp on anything you kill and FATE exp).

That sounds about right - my daily cycle (low level, guildhest, beast dailies) nets me a bit over a level a day.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    So can you repeat the quests for the lightning event that gives armor?

I have a couple fantasias I'll probably never use and if you can repeat those quests I'm seriously considering changing into a female for the event to get lightnings armor to bank for shits.

Man, I just had an awful time with Brayflox's Longstop.

It was bad enough during the Inferno Drake, since the DPS died to his fire breath (the archer died twice).

But then we finally get to the boss. During our first fight, I accidentally hit the Windows key, which minimizes my window. So that's not good. But even then, I could have recovered if the tank hadn't gotten hit by nearly every AoE breath attack Aiatar did. So the tank is taking crazy amounts of damage and constantly running away from me (which means I have to spend time running to get back in range rather than healing), and I'm also trying to heal off the damage everyone else is taking from Aiatar's puddles. Eventually we wipe because the party is scattered everywhere and can't keep up with the damage the tank is taking while I'm sprinting to follow him.

Second time we wipe again. This time I don't accidentally alt-tab, but the party wipes again anyway for the same reasons.

At this point the archer calls the tank and I noobs and ditches the party. We get a THM and try for a third time. This time we actually succeed, largely because the tank is finally managing to dodge the breath attacks and the DPS is staying out of the puddles, so I'm actually able to keep up with the damage being thrown out.

IKknkhU.gif
    I'm glad the pugilist stuck around long enough for me to give them a commendation, because they were honestly the best person in the group. They only made one mistake, never complained and did exactly what they needed to do.

Everyone else (including myself) made at least a couple really dumb decisions.

Also, I think I'm worrying about my mana a little too much. I was trying to rely on Cure 1 for the majority of my heals and saving Cure 2 for Freecure procs. I should've been spamming Cure 2 more in emergencies.

IKknkhU.gif
    So can you repeat the quests for the lightning event that gives armor?

I have a couple fantasias I'll probably never use and if you can repeat those quests I'm seriously considering changing into a female for the event to get lightnings armor to bank for shits.

For anyone who was wondering like me:
    This event is identical to the one previously held in November 2013. Completed quests cannot be undertaken a second time.

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I had a tank in a Brayflox roulette who didn't dodge a single attack and was a Gladiator with no other classes leveled. We made it to the last boss after a couple of wipes, but we just let him die from the boss's avoidable attack and had the DRG tank from 90% - 0. The DRG's main was a Paladin who tried to explain to the tank the basics of what he should be doing, but he was unable to or did not understand the concept of avoidable attacks.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Cure 2 is a good spell, but don't rely on it as your main heal. Doing so will drain your MP very quickly. Knowing when to use Cure 2 and when not to use Cure 2 is one of the more important WHM skills. Don't be afraid to use it, but don't rely on it too much either.

As far as the 6 SCH extreme mode primals, that's pretty neat. With all of the fairies around, I wonder if anybody had to cast an actual heal ever, or if all 6 just stay in cleric stance DPSing the entire time. Also I'm curious as to how it does the gaols.

steam_sig.png
    During our first fight, I accidentally hit the Windows key, which minimizes my window.

The first thing I do with any new keyboard is solve this problem.

By removing the left Windows key.