As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The NBA (Eddie Griffin killed by a train)

1272829303133»

• Options
    forbis316forbis316 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Scottie Pippen was looking for a team to sign with at the end of last season.

The Celtics should grab him too. Then turn back the clock to 1999 and you've got like the best team ever.

forbis316 on
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'll always love Reggie for shoving MJ out of the way to hit that last second shot. Eastern Conference Finals sometime. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nf2B2sNlZw

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Penny Hardaway signed with the Heat.

I Love the 90s Part Deux: NBA Edition.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's funny, because it was pretty clear that Pippen wanted to go to the Heat, too, but just couldn't get a deal through. I don't really know what they expect out of Penny. Maybe 10 minutes a game to keep the fans interested, but that's it.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    what the heat liked being the senior citizen team last year so much they had to go even further? how long before dwade starts getting pissed off with all the old timers who cant do shit

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    forbis316forbis316 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh yeah. Penny and Shaq playing together for a Florida team. It's like freshman year all over again.

forbis316 on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    toxk_02 wrote: »
    I'll always love Reggie for shoving MJ out of the way to hit that last second shot. Eastern Conference Finals sometime. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nf2B2sNlZw

I hadn't seen this before, but it looks like MJ's trying to bump Reggie, and he just runs through him. Good deal.

And besides, it's not as though Jordan didn't get well shoving people out of the way before game winning shots.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    forbis316 wrote: »
    Oh yeah. Penny and Shaq playing together for a Florida team. It's like freshman year all over again.
    I'm now convinced that minus the Dwyane Wade draft pick, Pat Riley has otherwise gone completely soft in the head. You wouldn't know under that wall of hairspray and grease to create a helmet around it, but there it is -- a big bowl of basketball mush hiding in there.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nothing will ever EVER top Mj's "Last shot".

One of the most famous shots of his career and everyone points to it and says "LOOK HOW GREAT MJ WAS"

And it contains the most blatent push off in sports history.

Transporter on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    forbis316 wrote: »
    I'm now convinced that minus the Dwyane Wade draft pick, Pat Riley has otherwise gone completely soft in the head. You wouldn't know under that wall of hairspray and grease to create a helmet around it, but there it is -- a big bowl of basketball mush hiding in there.

I wouldn't credit Riley with the D-Wade pick.

I mean, if the Pistons had any fucking sense they would have drafted Carmelo and Denver would have taken D-Wade at 3.

But Pat lucked out and Wade dropped to him and he pretty much had to take him. Not unlike the Calvin Johnson situation in Detroit.

Transporter on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2007
    So, Donaghy is about to rat out 20 other refs who gambled. Not known what kind of gambling it is, though.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    PicardathonPicardathon Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nothing will ever EVER top Mj's "Last shot".

One of the most famous shots of his career and everyone points to it and says "LOOK HOW GREAT MJ WAS"

And it contains the most blatent push off in sports history.

It wasn't his "last shot" it was his freaking last shot.
    No, he ended his illustrious 13 year career being with only one team and winning 6 championships.
    That was it.
    I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU, LALALALALALALALA.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    So, Donaghy is about to rat out 20 other refs who gambled. Not known what kind of gambling it is, though.

I remember when it was "them hip hop guys" who were going to destroy the NBA with their "bling" and baggy pants and cornrows. Turns out it was a bunch of stuffy old guys.

I bet Bavetta threw the Barkley race, too.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    PicardathonPicardathon Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    BubbaT wrote: »

I remember when it was "them hip hop guys" who were going to destroy the NBA with their "bling" and baggy pants and cornrows. Turns out it was a bunch of stuffy old guys.

I bet Bavetta threw the Barkley race, too.

Now that would destroy the NBA.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Sounds like it's going to be some small-fry shit, like minor side-betting but not necessarily full-scale betting on the NBA or anything.

If ONE more gets pulled into as much as laying money on the NBA, though, David Stern and Stu Jackson need to resign the moment the announcement hits.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Ladies and gentlemen, our long national nightmare is over.

Yi signs with Bucks

Yi Jianlian has signed a multiyear contract with the Milwaukee Bucks, thus averting China being stripped of the 2008 Olympics, kicked out of the WTO, and having Yao Ming being officially listed by the NBA as Taiwanese.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Greg Oden is having microfracture surgery and will miss the entire 2007-08 NBA season.
    Portland Trailblazers center Greg Oden, the No. 1 pick in the 2007 NBA draft, will miss the 2007-08 season after undergoing microfracture surgery Thursday, two league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Oden, a 7-footer from Ohio State, was found to have torn cartilage during exploratory surgery on his right knee and was operated on by team doctor Don Roberts in Vancouver, Wash. Most microfracture surgeries require eight months to a year for recovery.

"Greg had an arthroscopy and a microfracture surgery today," Roberts said in a Blazers statement. "He was found to have articular cartilage damage in his right knee. The area of injury was not large and we were able to treat it with microfracture, which stimulates the growth of cartilage.

"There are things about this that are positive for Greg. First of all, he is young. The area where the damage was is small and the rest of his knee looked normal. All those are good signs for a complete recovery."

Oden had complained of soreness in his right knee, and an MRI that showed possible cartilage damage prompted the Blazers to schedule the exploratory surgery.

The season-ending injury is the latest in a string of health issues for Oden. His summer league debut was cut short after his tonsils were removed, and he missed several games of his freshman season at Ohio State while recovering from surgery to repair torn ligaments in his right wrist.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That blows. How the hell does he not know how he hurt himself?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Malkor wrote: »

I have a co-worker that broke his back and didn't notice. Its not impossible, especially if its a minor injury at first.

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Malkor wrote: »

I have a co-worker that broke his back and didn't notice. Its not impossible, especially if its a minor injury at first.

D: Anytime I've been hurt, there was crunching and/or me crying involved. I guess one that's obvious is way better than one that you don't realize happens, lingers, then gets worse.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Much better. In his case by the time he got checked out, the bone had already healed incorrectly and they'd have to break it again to fix it.

Small sports injuries usually end up going the same way, I think. "Ah, I'll just tough this little tear out." Two weeks later little tear is a medium tear, then during a game CRUNCH.

Phoenix-D on