As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Arcade - Pinny Pal Community thread

• brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular

Yeah, the DLC pin is super painful. I'd been out of work for a few months when the Kickstarter was closing, could not swing it :/

• Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    I remember a lot of people were reluctant when they where first around, when I was summing up wether or not I thought it was worth it I broke up the rewards and how much it was actually costing between the two pledges.

I think the DLC pin only actually ended up being an extra $50-60 dollers so I only saw it as paying that much for the pin and not the $150 price tag most people would see it as.

I mean I love my USB and DLC poster which where also the only time you could get them ASWELL as the awesome Daughters print you got with it. :)))

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
  • NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    00Fayt00 wrote: »
    Midas244 wrote: »
    Well this is interesting... someone's putting up a DLC pin, current bidding is at $100

Well..$405 now. 5 days left too, plenty of time for it to jump into the 4 digit range

Valentines Day pins came in today. They are actually fairly big themselves. I would say the same size as the DLC, not as big as the 15th. This "no sleeve on single pins" thing might get a little annoying though; one of the crowns on the backing was a little messed up.

• TheHonestHippoTheHonestHippo MicrosoftRegistered User regular
    Heads up to those not in the Pin Ultimate Edition thread.
    The January KI pins are out!

http://store.penny-arcade.com/collections/killer-instinct

Twitter: @HonestHippo
  • Aussie BenAussie Ben AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Excellent! Finally, a metal pin based on a ZX Spectrum computer game character! And it's MINE

• VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    I bought both the KI pins. Anybody know how limited they are, if they even are?

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    not sure, just that there are definitely enough for pin ultimate owners to get theirs

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    not sure, just that there are definitely enough for pin ultimate owners to get theirs

If I remember correctly, they made enough so that the pin ultimate guys can 100% get one, and then a pre determined extra.

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »

If I remember correctly, they made enough so that the pin ultimate guys can 100% get one, and then a pre determined extra.

This is true. Those with Pin Ultimate Editions should be taken care of, but obviously if you leave it too long then you will have a problem.

• Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    If you don't buy pins as they come out you are in a world of hurt trying to put a collection together at a later date.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    Do we have any idea as to when that Pinny Arcade messenger bag will come up? Because I will buy the heck out of that.

edited February 2014
    Also, I finally mounted all my Year 1 (2012/2013) pins on corkboard, with the poster as the label. I'm very happy with how it came out, though the picture isn't fantastic. In any event, this is everything. Killer Instinct and Valentine's Day are Year 2, so I'm going to keep them separate. I just want this as a standalone "100% completeness" kind of thing for myself.
    v8wT3rV.jpg?1

SerpicoBC on
  • Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    But two of the KI pins were released in 2013?

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    Jake Capps wrote: »

In my collection I'm keeping the KI pins separate. I don't want to have two of them as 2013 and the rest as 2014 so I'm going to use their display for those, and make my own for the rest.

That is just personally what I'm doing, but I'm guessing that is the intention by Serpico possibly.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Gotta keep the KI pins separate since they have their own official display case. ;)

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    Jake Capps wrote: »

Yeah, I agree with @00Fayt00 and @redfield85. If they come with a separate display, that's where they're gonna live.

Seeing the poster cut up nicely, I am kinda of sad I didn't go for it. Maybe they will have leftovers at PAX.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Taking the thing apart took about an hour with a pair of scissors, but it was worth it. Two nice corkboards and all my collection in one place is the reward.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Did you get notified of my trade offer through pinnypals Serpico? I don't mind if you don't want to accept it, it's just I haven't got a reply from anyone that I've made an offer to.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    All emails are 100% delivered..."read" is another thing all together :P My next priority is really to get the Trading Post done, there you will be able to set a specific trade "X for Y" and that should really help with not wondering if the person wants your trade!

New pins for 2014 have been added to site.

I do apologise that development looks like it hit a stand still, I haven't given up at all, I still love it. My search for a helper hasn't picked up any one yet. I plan on returning to it soon, I've just gotta finish a few contracts that popped up :)

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • JetsonJetson Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Seeing the poster cut up nicely, I am kinda of sad I didn't go for it. Maybe they will have leftovers at PAX.

I have one I'm not using and would trade for/include in a trade.

• VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    Don't let it be said that ebay isn't a viable option for pins. I just got an East Chandra in the mail I won last week for 15 dollars.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
    Vaanrose wrote: »
    Don't let it be said that ebay isn't a viable option for pins. I just got an East Chandra in the mail I won last week for 15 dollars.

If you filter your search the right way, you never know what you'll find!

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    My VD pins turned up today. Quick shipping to Oz.

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Coolies, i notice when NSW/VIC get their pins in the mail i get mine the next day, heres hoping!

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • BurtBurt Registered User regular
    My VD pins turned up today. Quick shipping to Oz.

I don't about oz... but in the states VD has a whole different meaning... needless to say I was a little concerned when I first read your post...

Oh we don't have VD here just snakes.

Did you get notified of my trade offer through pinnypals Serpico? I don't mind if you don't want to accept it, it's just I haven't got a reply from anyone that I've made an offer to.

I don't think that the Trade offer on the Pinny Pals webpage is up. If anyone wants to offer a trade, I think it needs to happen here. Unless I'm somehow missing that feature.

edited February 2014
    grgemonkey said after that post that the emails should be going through. That's what sends the emails right? Sending a trade offer, and then it's all email after that?

fishfishmonkeyhat on
    @fishfishmonkeyhat, my issue is that I'm not even getting the emails. I'm missing out on all sorts of trading joy.

Well that's the issue I was trying to work out, were people not responding to my offers (at which point I'd get an email), or was it just not working.

Seems to be the latter for us.

Looks that way. Is there an email setting somewhere in there I need to enable?

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    SerpicoBC wrote: »
    Looks that way. Is there an email setting somewhere in there I need to enable?

Clicking on the settings "tab" in profile leads to a "not available in beta" page. So if there is a setting somewhere, I have no clue where.

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    I've not had any bounced emails, all have reported delivered, so they're going some where :) It's some thing I monitor daily because bounced emails kill my rating and effect my status with the service I use.

@serpicoBC Have you checked your spam and/or whitelisted auth.pinnypals@gmail.com? You should have received an email around Feb 1st, give it or take a day for timezones. You can also PM your email and I'll make sure it's spelt correctly in the DB but some one is getting your trade offers!

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • Konig WolfKonig Wolf Registered User regular
    Sabrewulf and COMBO BREAKER Pins arrives today, along with a second Valentines Day Pin I ordered.

The Pins were shipped via UPS and the bubble wrap did a much better job protecting the Pins backings than the USPS bubble envelope did.

Included pictures comparing UPS (left) vs USPS (right) for the Valentines Pin Limited Edition with gold crown backing, as well as the two new KI Pins with the Jago Pin for size comparison.
    goldcrown_zps81a4cf9f.jpgjagocombobreakersabrewulf_zpsd7aefc17.jpg

So excited for mine to come. PAX East needs to get here.

bYf6vNQ.png
    grgemonkey wrote: »
    I've not had any bounced emails, all have reported delivered, so they're going some where :) It's some thing I monitor daily because bounced emails kill my rating and effect my status with the service I use.

@serpicoBC Have you checked your spam and/or whitelisted auth.pinnypals@gmail.com? You should have received an email around Feb 1st, give it or take a day for timezones. You can also PM your email and I'll make sure it's spelt correctly in the DB but some one is getting your trade offers!

I just tested this with another user and they got my offer and I got theirs, so maybe it is serp's email?

• DaveRHDaveRH Registered User regular
    Hey All, I noticed a few people pages back said they were still trying to sort out Pin Pals for PAXes they aren't attending. My group and I go to East and Prime every year, so would be happy to pick up sets for anyone, just shoot me a PM and we can sort it out.

That's nice of you Dave, pm sent. :)

This discussion has been closed.