As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Airing Of Grievances In Public Conversation Form (Potentially NSFW or NSF56K)

1565758596062»

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    There is no way he just buries thesecret. Peter is coming back, the secret is coming out sometime this year.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Or Anna doesn't find out and Peter has to break up with her and she'll never know what happened, what she did wrong, or if they just drifted apart, or what

Either way, it's gonna end in tears

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    She'll be what makes him fully go good, and I so hope that means because he values the relationship and not because they are gonna throw her off a bridge

That'd never alter Ock's status quo permanently. Eventually someone's going to "reboot" Ock back to his super-villainous classic stature. He's not "fully good" either - he's done ridiculous shit posing as Spider-man and that's not touching his past super-villain deeds, which included murdering the original Spider-man and taking over his body/life.

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Most of the state of Michigan didn't get comics again today, likely along with other parts of the Midwest. The shipments are apparently stuck in buffalo, so who knows when stuff will get here.

Booo

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I don't have anything to say about this. I just want to share the 90s cheese.
    90sVenomHulk_zps034f5067.png

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Wow, I feel like I should have to use dial up to respond to something that 90's

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Is...is that supposed to be The Hulk? So, Venom is...Dan Akroyd?

This is worse then the chestnut I heard about Wolverine Origins being jammed out on a pair of acoustic guitars in somebody's basement.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Venom is Dana Carvey, Hulk is Kevin Nealon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Zk2vUmjpk

• Options
    For the younger folks missing how 90's that page is

• Options
    Tobes what are you doing there.

I'm just not used to Kevin Nealon wearing actual hair.

• Options
    Dammit Tex, did we even post the same clip to boot?

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    For the younger folks missing how 90's that page is

That wasn't 90s. That was 80s.
    Tobes what are you doing there.

I'm just not used to Kevin Nealon wearing actual hair.

"Wearing" being the appropriate word.

Crimsondude on
  • Options

That wasn't 90s. That was 80s.

In my defense the 80's didn't really come to Canada til around '91

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Image partner and "The Walking Dead" creator Robert Kirkman joins Stephenson on stage, discussing "Invincible" #111 -- jokingly describing it as "three number ones in one issues -- saying the "scale and the scope of the of this story will far outpace" anything seen before in the series, and will change the course of the book. "I think people will be surprised with the direction that we're going in." Kirkman notes that it's artist Ryan Ottley's 100th issue on the series. He says it's almost like a new writer taking over the book, "'The Walking Dead' Robert Kirkman," since there will be an increased amount of "horror and misery." "This has always been planned, but it's fun to get to this stuff."

great exactly what Invincible needed /sarcasm

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I have a grievance to air. It's not really topical or recent, but I've never vented about it before and I aim to do so now.

I loved the Crisis on Infinite Earths Series. It was well written, beautifully drawn, and had some great scenes. There was gravitas to the hero deaths it portrayed, and the stakes felt real.

But I can't stand the fact that it led to the cancellation of my all-time favorite series, The All-Star Squadron. Roy Thomas felt unable to continue the series without an Earth 2 at the time, and without access to some of the big names, like the original versions of Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman. They decided to go with a new series, and I thought they explained away the inconsistencies pretty well in the original series. The new series would be better quality and pick up where the original left off. Instead, some immature minds at DC (yes, even then) decided they could not do a series that had the initials A.S.S. So instead, we ended up with The Young All-Stars. Which was actually pretty good. They created some new characters, brought back some little used characters from the previosu series, and still had access to all the older All-Stars.

But it didn't last, and it wasn't the same. So... even though I loved CoIE, I can't forgive it for what it did to the All-Star Squadron.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    I'm just going to bitch right now that Dropbox is down-right when I was attempting to upload the visual accompaniment for my post about Darwyn Cooke's Parker: The Score.

Now I can't post that post, and I ALSO cannot service the transfer of my sketches into Photoshop.

Sure there's a very reasonable and unavoidable issue going on that the Dropbox team is rapidly sorting out and may, in fact, have this entire thing resolved before anyone else even reads this post.

Still, right now, in this moment...this is really, really driving me nuts.

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Justice League War was the worst piece of shit i've seen... this year

There are 11 more months of possibility for disappointment

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    That came out today?

I saw the Wonder Woman clip and that destroyed all my interest. The voice acting. The character design. The dialogue. Everything was awful in that clip.

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    It's much worse in context

• Options
    Ronin356Ronin356 Nowhere MORegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    The fact that Warner Bros hired Jesse Eisenberg to play Lex Luther is a serious grievance.

Oh for fuck sake! The play should have gone to Bryan Cranston! Bryan Cranston as Lex Luther.

Shit. I know that there is a movie thread somewhere. The thread was titled Airing of Grievances....I've never felt this way until they cast Ben Afleck as Batman. Just cast Mark hamill as the Joker and all will be forgiven. Except the Lex luther casting, for that I might not even approve your friends request.

Ronin356 on
    Nobody sees a flower really; it is so small. We haven't time, and to see takes time - like to have a friend takes time.
    Georgia O'Keeffe
    Be sure to like my Comic Book "Last Words" on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Last-Words-The-Comic-Book/458405034287767
    and Magenta the Witchgirl!: http://www.drunkduck.com/Magenta_the_Witchgirl/

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    My grievance is that you are complaining about a casting choice for a character whose name you persistently misspell.

I mean, not to be "that guy," but...hell, I am totally that guy. Your complaint may or may not have merit and everybody is entitled to their grievance but it's Luthor. With an O. Always has been.

I will try to make up for being that guy by being helpful: the movie thread is here.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Tairu wrote: »

I think that the film makers were basically trying to parody the comics. It takes everything in the comics, which is already dumb and over the top (and that's saying something), and makes it even more EXTREME!!!

There's just no way that it was meant to be taken seriously since it plunges into idiocy/insanity so quickly. Just look at the first few minutes of the film. Right at the beginning, Batman kicks the para-demon off of Green Lantern and asks it, "what were you doing at the docks, answer me!" That scene could not possibly be meant to be taken seriously. What sane person would think that Batman would be stupid enough to ask a question like that to an 8 foot tall cybernetic monster that was fighting a glowing green man with a magical ring? It's like something that a grimdark version of the Adam West Batman would do.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

I think that the film makers were basically trying to parody the comics. It takes everything in the comics, which is already dumb and over the top (and that's saying something), and makes it even more EXTREME!!!

There's just no way that it was meant to be taken seriously since it plunges into idiocy/insanity so quickly. Just look at the first few minutes of the film. Right at the beginning, Batman kicks the para-demon off of Green Lantern and asks it, "what were you doing at the docks, answer me!" That scene could not possibly be meant to be taken seriously. What sane person would think that Batman would be stupid enough to ask a question like that to an 8 foot tall cybernetic monster that was fighting a glowing green man with a magical ring? It's like something that a grimdark version of the Adam West Batman would do.

That is actually remarkably similar to that time Batman got punched in the face in Rebirth.

Quire.jpg
  • Options

That is actually remarkably similar to that time Batman got punched in the face in Rebirth.

Geoff Johns wrote War, so it might be an intentional reference to Rebirth.

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Kc7aN9p.jpg

ugh

uuuuughhhh

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    I always thought what Chase needed, was a mohawk and leather jacket.

Y'know, like the kids wear.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I get what Hopeless is going for but, yeah...ugh.

Still looking forward to it though.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Chase got super fucked over in Arena so I am not surprised he pullsa a Bieber. Dude sees people die left and right in front of him, gets big time super powers, gets controlled by an insane technopath, gets said powers stripped away from him by cammi right when the end game is beginning and when everyone could have used extra help he is lying on a beach with a chest wound.

Also, Munch, the whole "shaved sides of the head with a heavily gelled middle" is actually a super popular hairstyle right now. I see it everyday on campus. Usually it is a little more wavy and less mohawk-pokey but Walker ain't too far off.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Also, Munch, the whole "shaved sides of the head with a heavily gelled middle" is actually a super popular hairstyle right now. I see it everyday on campus. Usually it is a little more wavy and less mohawk-pokey but Walker ain't too far off.

Like an undercut?

Longshot got one of those in his most recent mini-series, and looks truer to current fashion trends.

hErGuLEl.jpg

Look, far be it from me to begrudge a mohawk. Storm and Quentin Quire certainly wear it well. But, it just seems like a lazy shorthand for Chase's change in attitude.

• Options
    Furu wrote: »
    Kc7aN9p.jpg

ugh

uuuuughhhh

Did Chris Claremont design Nico's costume? :)

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Munch wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Like an undercut?

Longshot got one of those in his most recent mini-series, and looks truer to current fashion trends.

Look, far be it from me to begrudge a mohawk. Storm and Quentin Quire certainly wear it well. But, it just seems like a lazy shorthand for Chase's change in attitude.

I think you're reading too much into what a hairstyle means.

Chase's change in attitude is completely plausible given his character's experiences.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'm going to call an end to this thread, and others like it. When I put this thread into effect a while back, it seemed necessary, but now? Now I think the community here has changed to the point where we don't need a thread for people to just complain. If you have criticisms, you can voice them in the relevant thread. Just remember to not be a dick about anything, and you'll be fine.

Nobody is to blame for this. I'm not doing this because someone did something wrong. I'm closing this because I don't think that this community requires a thread like this anymore. This is meant to be a positive thing.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Oh, and if you have any questions or concerns, please PM them to me.

This discussion has been closed.