As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the Week for 09/12/07

• Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Tallus wrote: »
    Not managed to get hold of ultimate power yet, worth reading?

Its the best of them so far, since it actually explains everything. Plus the last page was pretty fucking un-expected.

Sharp101 on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Booster Gold
    Oh Skeets you are the best robot ever.

11rb6ss2.jpg

12vy4bf0.jpg

The little dig at Azzarello's Dr. 13 was nice too.

Green Lantern
    Watching that uppity dick Ke'haan get disintegrated. I was so sick of that tool.

JLA Wedding Special
    Pretty much the entire issue just for blowing Meltzer completely out of the water, but Firestorm's fight with Killer Frost, Lex telling Firestorm that he shouldn't publish scientific journals on his powers if he doesn't want them neutralized, and Batman being a smug jerk to Hal were all standout moments. I don't know why this was billed as a wedding special though, since it's got a lot more to do with kicking off McDuffie's run.

Munch on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Thor.
    Total takedown of Iron Man in four pages, or about fifty-seven seconds.

Scans?

I'd hit up scans daily, but the work filter has enough blocked there that I try not to browse it while "working".

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So in NA what was up with
    The Hood going all big n nasty at the end there? I don't remember him doing that before.

The Hawkeye-as-Captain America bit was nice.
    "Okay, keep going."
    "But wait, doesn't that mean that you-"
    "KEEP GOING!"

For the Hood,
    I havent read Beyond!, so i dont know if he gained the power there or not, but in his original series, on the roof with teh cops dressed as AIM agents, his eyes glow red and he shoots lightning and is very demonic like. It's possible more use of the power leads to more demonic changes in apperance. He looked similar to the demon he stole his powers from in the first place. Probably have to wait to find out the full extent of his new powers.

KVW on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Okay, so apparently I need to start buying Booster Gold. And Thor. And JSA (again). And JLA (again).

God damn it.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Okay, so apparently I need to start buying Booster Gold. And Thor. And JSA (again). And JLA (again).

God damn it.

Booster Gold is freaking fantastic...

it's like Black Panther... only good. :)

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2007

God damn it.

Didn't we go over this last month when Booster Gold came out?

Garlic Bread on
  • j0hnz3rj0hnz3r Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The Thor/Iron Man beat down topped everything this week. Seriously. JMS has saved Thor for me, and that's not just because of the Tony rape. Thor actually walks and talks like a god.

I'd say this was the beat down of the month if it wasn't for the fact that the Strange/Hulk fight will go down in this month's WWH.

j0hnz3r on
    jedi_watchtower.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    wwt arent you a big McDuffie fan? I figured you would be all over his JLA run.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2007
    I guess Thor isn't for me

I mean

I've read the issues so far, and you guys always go "omg thorrrrrr" in these threads

but they're not really exciting issues

Garlic Bread on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Gen 13:
    gen13-12-a.jpggen13-12-b.jpggen13-12-c.jpg

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    If you aren't enjoying it by now (and it is awesome), it's probably safe to say you won't ever be a fan of the book.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2007
    I'm not saying it's bad

I just don't see what's so awesome about it

Garlic Bread on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It is Thor.

If you don't care about Thor already you won't care for this. If you are a fan of Thor, you get to see him do awesome things.

deadonthestreet on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I wasn't that big a Thor fan, I'm probably still not. I'm enjoying the first few issues, though. I like to see where they're going with someone who's been out of the loop during the last few years of world-changing activity in the MU.

Plus, I love MJS.

Tach on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Did anyone else notice the JLA strippers dressed like Fairchild, Rogue, Emma Frost, and Freefall? Tempest and the golden age Black Condor both appeared in the background of the bachelor party as well, and to the best of my knowledge, they're both supposed to be dead.

Munch on
    edited September 2007
    Tempest is alive.

Garlic Bread on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Keith wrote: »

God damn it.

Didn't we go over this last month when Booster Gold came out?

Well, yeah. The problem is that I'm trying to reduce my pull list, not increase it. I had to make hard choices, so I've decided to save money now and get JSA and JLA in trades. I guess I'm adding Thor and Booster to that list as well.
    Sentry wrote: »

God damn it.

Booster Gold is freaking fantastic...

it's like Black Panther... only good. :)

Die in a thousand burning suns. :x

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Dear god I loved that wedding special.
    As soon as I saw Hall of Doom in the swamp, I got all excited and then Lex is all "Welcome to the Injustice League Unlimted" and I just started laughing with delight.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
    edited September 2007
    batman1pa1.jpg

Garlic Bread on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Jordyn wrote: »
    As soon as I saw Hall of Doom in the swamp, I got all excited and then Lex is all "Welcome to the Injustice League Unlimted" and I just started laughing with delight.
    I thought Joker said that.

Fencingsax on
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    JSA, no question.
    Kal-L, motherfuckers
    My bet is that he's from the Kingdom Come Earth we saw in 52 #52, rather than Earth 2

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Wow, after reading a lot of good reviews about the Wedding Special, I picked it up. It was actually really good. Dont know why they labelled it as a wedding special though. I wrote it off as anotehr cheap cash in on the Green Arrow / BC wedding and didnt even take a look at it before the positive word of mouth.

Loved the Batman / Hal scenes couple people posted images of already and the Joker had some good scenes as well. Not sure I dig the Silver Age motiavtion in Lex's speeches. Didnt think his current character was all about the building of a country where crime and corruption were regular day parts of life.

KVW on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    I thought Joker said that.

I was too busy being giddy to see who the hell was saying what.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I thought it was weird that they bothered to hire strippers when they all hang out with half naked women all day anyway

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    I thought it was weird that they bothered to hire strippers when they all hang out with half naked women all day anyway

When you're a super hero, normal human ass is much easier to get than bastion of good super heroine ass.

DarkWarrior on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »
    JSA, no question.
    My bet is that he's from the Kingdom Come Earth we saw in 52 #52, rather than Earth 2

It is him. I didn't realize it was a secret.

And yeah, Tempest is still alive and kicking. As for Black Condor, I think someone just forgot to research the new Black Condor's duds.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    McDuffie's ending run on the Firestorm series was really good stuff, so I'm glad to see him bringing him into the JLA.

Lux on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Suicide Squad didn't suck

That's my moment of the week

Algertman on
    edited September 2007
    Suicide Squad was very good.

Search for Ray Palmer: Wildstorm wasn't bad either, though I assume I would have enjoyed it more had I a better understanding of the Wildstorm universe.

Bad Karma on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I kept thinking about how McDuffie reused a couple lines from JLU.
    "I like him. He's sunny." - Joker talking about Dr. Light, Wedding Special
    "They like him. He's... sunny." - Batman talking About Captain Marvel, "Clash" from JLU

"I'm here to kill you. Is now a bad time?" - Killer Frost to Firestorm, Wedding Special
    "I'm here to kill you. Is this a bad time?" - Doomsday to Superman, The Doomsday Sanction

Plus, you know, the GL-Hawkgirl stuff at the end looks familiarish.

Still good, though.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    weenus wrote: »
    That issue of Thor will single handedly dedicate me as a Thor reader. Wow, is there anyone in the Marvel Universe that isn't going to be beating Tony's ass before 2008?
    Captain America?

Darklyre on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    JSA, no question.

It wasn't a secret... On the very first page it even had 'Prologue: The Kingdom Come' and then on the last it had 'Thy Kingdom Come'. I don't understand how anyone could get confused. :|

Also, maybe it was just me but I actually enjoyed the Search for Ray Palmer issue more than their entire Countdown arc combined (not including the All New Atom crossovers)...

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    edited September 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    JSA, no question.

It wasn't a secret... On the very first page it even had 'Prologue: The Kingdom Come' and then on the last it had 'Thy Kingdom Come'. I don't understand how anyone could get confused. :|

Not to mention the big ol slightly unique chest emblem.

Bad Karma on
  • PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Darklyre wrote: »
    That issue of Thor will single handedly dedicate me as a Thor reader. Wow, is there anyone in the Marvel Universe that isn't going to be beating Tony's ass before 2008?
    Captain America?
    Ha!

PantheraOnca on
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    picture5gr6.png

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
    edited September 2007
    (the rig is his penis)

Garlic Bread on
  • weenusweenus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Captain America?
    Ha!

Too soon... too soon.

weenus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hooraydiation wrote: And I don't care how distraught you are. It's just impolite to shoot yourself when someone has their dick inside you.
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So, that Gen 13 page is pretty chuckleworthy.

Too bad the first 4 issues sucked so horridly that I couldn't keep going, even if there was lots of promise of hot red-head.

The Muffin Man on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    "They want Earth."

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png