As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blood Bound Game 2 - Now being played with the correct rules!

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    @kirindal to accept the intervention, wait for others or lose the game!

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    jdarksun - Rank_8.gifAbility_Staff.gif
    infidel - Rank_7.gifClan_Unknown.gif
    mrblarney -
    jpants - Clan_Unknown.gif
    obifett - Clan_Beast.gifAbility_Staff.gif
    preda -
    rend - Clan_Unknown.gif
    matev - Rank_6.gifClan_Beast.gif
    crimson - Rank_3.gifClan_Unknown.gif
    ecco - Rank_3.gifClan_Unknown.gif
    38th - Clan_Unknown.gif
    discrider - Rank_5.gif
    kirindal - Rank_1.gifClan_Rose.gifClan_Rose.gif
    jdarksun - S 8
    infidel - 7?
    mrblarney -
    jpants - ?
    obifett - S B
    preda -
    rend - ?
    matev - 6B
    crimson - 3?
    ecco - 3?
    38th - ?
    discrider - 5
    kirindal - 1RR

Phyphor on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I'll offer to intervene.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I'll offer to intervene.
    Do not accept this intervention.

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    I will offer to intervene but I am not the guardian so don't accept mine unless you don't trust anyone else's.

• Options
    Also red team should refrain from stabbing anyone after this resolves. We need a plan before moving.

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I'll offer to intervene.
    Do not accept this intervention.

Red team may be on the verge of losing, but who will win?!

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    Rend wrote: »
    Also red team should refrain from stabbing anyone after this resolves. We need a plan before moving.

Well, we'd best hope that blue team doesn't have the fan, or assassin, or any other indirect damage ability...

That will allow the rest of our team to intervene for Kirindal for a few turns.

I think that realistically buys us a few stabs, but blue team can also intervene for, say, Obifett almost as many times as we can for Kirindal. =( Unless we have an assassin...?

That's assuming Obifett is our target, say.

• Options

Well, we'd best hope that blue team doesn't have the fan, or assassin, or any other indirect damage ability...

That will allow the rest of our team to intervene for Kirindal for a few turns.

I think that realistically buys us a few stabs, but blue team can also intervene for, say, Obifett almost as many times as we can for Kirindal. =( Unless we have an assassin...?

That's assuming Obifett is our target, say.
    This is true.

Blue team should ALSO refrain from moving before we plan :P

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Actually I think we have basically one chance, regardless. I'm not sure we have time to figure out what's what, but I can give us an approximately 50% chance right now.

Accept my intervention if you want, I'm not sure the introduction of a guard will matter.
    [EDIT]Or rather, please accept my intervention and allow me to roll the dice for our team.

Rend on
  • Options
    Because blue team has a pretty good chance of having an alchemist, and letting them intervene for you would be game over.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'm not the guard, but I may or may not be better.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    What are you, doe?

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I'm not the guard, but I may or may not be better.

Hey @discrider, did 38th show blue or red to you?

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    He showed red.

• Options
    So Rend is saying he's the assassin and it sounds like doe is claiming to be alchemist?

• Options
    So Rend is saying he's the assassin and it sounds like doe is claiming to be alchemist?

Why would you say that

• Options

Why would you say that

idk my bff jill?

• Options
    I guess it's time to be candid.

Obifett has a 1/3 chance to be the elder, and a 2/3 chance not to be the elder.
    Assuming obifett is not the elder (.66), the mystery 6th member of blue has a 2/4 chance of being the elder or assassin.

Which means Crimsoncoyote has a 1/3 chance of being the blue team leader.

If i get the dagger I will kill him immediately.

• Options
    And to be clear: If they have an elder, it will take us at least two turns to find out who he is. We buy ourselves at most 3 turns if we immediately heal kirindal and take the quill.

If they have an assassin, we only buy ourselves two turns. I don't think that's time to actually reliably find and kill whoever the hell their leader is if it's not crimson.

Basically we have to put all our chips in on crimson, IMO, unless we have a guardian AND a 7,8, or 9 on our team to guard, in which case we MIGHT be able to buy enough time since most of their abilities are down.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular

Assuming obifett is not the elder (.66), the mystery 6th member of blue has a 2/4 chance of being the elder or assassin.

Isn't Obi's chance of being the elder 1/2 (if you assume he has 2 blue tokens and not Blue/?) since Matev is the guardian?

• Options
    edited February 2014
    JPants wrote: »

Isn't Obi's chance of being the elder 1/2 (if you assume he has 2 blue tokens and not Blue/?) since Matev is the guardian?

We don't know his other loyalty token, that's the point. And so we can't assume that.

With the information we have, obi has a 1/3 elder chance, and a 0 assassin chance, and the last blue has a 1/4 chance each of elder and assassin.

Rend on
  • Options
    Remember that JDark didn't know his role, just his color, when he assigned the staff.

• Options
    And to be clear: If they have an elder, it will take us at least two turns to find out who he is. We buy ourselves at most 3 turns if we immediately heal kirindal and take the quill.

If they have an assassin, we only buy ourselves two turns. I don't think that's time to actually reliably find and kill whoever the hell their leader is if it's not crimson.

Basically we have to put all our chips in on crimson, IMO, unless we have a guardian AND a 7,8, or 9 on our team to guard, in which case we MIGHT be able to buy enough time since most of their abilities are down.

Hmmmmm

Play to win dude.

I back your plan!

• Options
    if 38th is the alchemist, I say he intervenes, and heal's Kirindal's role. If he's the zerker or mage, his intervening doesn't really do much for us, and rend should probably intervene (I'm assuming Rend is the assassin). If he's the cortesan he could fan Obi (or another target if there's a better one).

• Options
    JPants wrote: »
    if 38th is the alchemist, I say he intervenes, and heal's Kirindal's role. If he's the zerker or mage, his intervening doesn't really do much for us, and rend should probably intervene (I'm assuming Rend is the assassin). If he's the cortesan he could fan Obi (or another target if there's a better one).

Your assumption is correct.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Yup....feeling pretty good about myself right now....

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    I accept intervention from @38thDoe

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Reveal:

BSH7zA8l.jpg
    (Rank 4Rank_4.gif)
    This technique for healing the Elder has been passed down the Armstrong Family Line for Generations!

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    nice! That gives us some breathing room.
    38th has the dagger now yes? Seems like our best option is to stab Obi.

• Options
    Doesn't he need to quill first?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    He won't quill until he gets damaged once more time (from attack).

• Options
    Hmmm, might it be worth it to stab Kirindal just so that he can grab the quill? If Preda is the assassin, Red attacking any Blue is going to get intervened and boom, game over red. If he's not the assassin, Red can afford to attack either him or Obi....

• Options
    edited February 2014
    No. We quill now or end it now. If they have an assassin they will pass to him and win without giving us the chance to transfer.

[Edit] by no I mean yes, stab our elder and go from there :p

Rend on
  • Options
    so Stab Kirindal, then Kirindal quills, passes to someone else, and we hit either Obi or Preda... Sounds like a plan.

• Options
    Also once we quill, there is no need to pass the dagger. Kirindal can stab at will.

• Options
    Also once we quill, there is no need to pass the dagger. Kirindal can stab at will.

• Options
    touche

• Options
    Stabbing Preda seems like the best bet.

• Options
    Alright, I guess pending @Kirindal to heal his rank I'll stab him.
    I apparently am very conflicted in my feelings towards him.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀