As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Blood Bound Game 2 - Now being played with the correct rules!

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    You just love him so much that you had to heal him before you stabbed him again. I guess. Vampires are weird

• RendRend Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    You just love him so much that you had to heal him before you stabbed him again. I guess. Vampires are weird

He meant to hand the dagger over but oh god it's just so sharp and why is the handle so slippery oh god

If only there just wasn't so much blood on this thing already!

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Blue dudes, try not to make any decisions/reveals without me please. I'm pretty sure I have most of this figured out, but I can't say anything until red makes some moves.

Also guys keep in mind we still only have a couple turns. I still think our best shot is just killing crimson.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Yeah, obviously we need some discussion after we get our hands on the dagger.

OrokosPA.png
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »

What? No advanced planning?

We'll see what your leader thinks of all this!

Where's your leader? I demand to see your leader.

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
    With any luck they won't get their hands on the dagger again. I do think we should just stab me and allow me to kill crimson.

I don't think we have the time to do anything else.

Infidel wrote: »

What? No advanced planning?

We'll see what your leader thinks of all this!

Where's your leader? I demand to see your leader.

:rotate:

Rose, cover your ears so we can discuss strategy, thx!

OrokosPA.png
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    It's me. I'm the leader.

Now where's my flying money bicycle and kazoo?

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    No, I'm Bluestreak!

OrokosPA.png
    edited February 2014
    Rend wrote: »
    With any luck they won't get their hands on the dagger again. I do think we should just stab me and allow me to kill crimson.

I don't think we have the time to do anything else.

Hmmmmmmm

If kirindal is able to flip quill and change leaders, we get a few more rounds

The reason I'm now hesitant about stabbing crimson is that it requires the two unknown players to be either 1 or 2.

We've got 3, 6, 7, and 8 revealed for blue.

So the two remaining players must be 4, 5, or 9.

I.. actually think that it's very likely that at least 1 or 2 is present.

I'm now tending towards thinking:

Kirindal quills and you assassinate Obifett to reveal his rank.

Or Preda?

Awfully quiet that Preda.

ecco the dolphin on
    I already analyzed before: Obifett has a 33% chance of being the elder, which means he has a 66% chance to not be the elder.
    The unknown blue has a 50% chance to be either elder or assassin. .66 * .5 = .33, or 1/3, which is Crimson's chances of being blue leader.

Think about it. We've revealed 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. The last red is obviously going to be the leader, so we've bought ourselves, what, 4 turns? Max. 3 if they have an assassin.

In those three turns we can do the following:

1. attack obifett two times
    In this scenario, either the unknown blue intervenes or the unknown blue is the elder, in which case we don't have time to kill him. We lose.

2. Do nothing else because the only person within 3 turns of us having enough information on them is obifett.

Do you have a better plan? I am pretty sure that Crimson is the ONLY person we can kill within 3 turns safely.

So basically, there are 3 people that could be the leader, and even after taking roles and revealed tokens into account, it's still a 33% chance of choosing the correct one?
    But I am the only one that is easily stabbed.

So basically, there are 3 people that could be the leader, and even after taking roles and revealed tokens into account, it's still a 33% chance of choosing the correct one?

We don't have enough time to safely bring our probability of hitting the right target up, and even if we did, we probably couldn't kill them in time.

We don't have enough time to safely bring our probability of hitting the right target up, and even if we did, we probably couldn't kill them in time.

Hmmmm

Grrrrrr

Hmmmm

He's the only target that we can take down, but... urgh.... hgdgjjjjj

Yeah

Take the shot

The only other way to win is if they hit the wrong guy after kirindal quills

Can we pull that off?

I'll assume kirindal heals the token that lets red not lose immediately

jdarksun - Rank_8.gifAbility_Staff.gif
    infidel - Rank_7.gifClan_Unknown.gif
    mrblarney -
    jpants - Clan_Unknown.gif
    obifett - Clan_Beast.gifAbility_Staff.gif
    preda -
    rend - Clan_Unknown.gif
    matev - Rank_6.gifClan_Beast.gif
    crimson - Rank_3.gifClan_Unknown.gif
    ecco - Rank_3.gifClan_Unknown.gif
    38th - Rank_4.gifClan_Unknown.gif
    discrider - Rank_5.gif
    kirindal - Clan_Rose.gifClan_Rose.gif
    jdarksun - S 8
    infidel - 7?
    mrblarney -
    jpants - ?
    obifett - S B
    preda -
    rend - ?
    matev - 6B
    crimson - 3?
    ecco - 3?
    38th - 4?
    discrider - 5
    kirindal - RR

edited February 2014

Can we pull that off?

Oh, no we can't.

Because we have 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 revealed, I think.

Edit: Oh my god Rend already said it

I'm like infinity posts and hours behind

/facepalm

ecco the dolphin on
  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Yep, thanks to some timely aid from the clan alchemist.

Rank_1.gif goes back into the pot. Please be careful with that dagger though, it looks so awfully slippery...

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    I think @38thDoe needs to come back and officially stab Kirindal now...

edited February 2014

Can we pull that off?

Oh, no we can't.

Because we have 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 revealed, I think.

Edit: Oh my god Rend already said it

I'm like infinity posts and hours behind

/facepalm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgL9-0lkENI

Rend on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    I think @38thDoe needs to come back and officially stab Kirindal now...

Oh? Sorry about that, thought I made it clear.
    !stab @Kirindal

This technique for stabbing your Elder has been passed down the Armstrong Family line for Generations!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

So, is everyone on board with my plan to kill crimsoncoyote immediately?

I don't think he's the leader, but I don't think we've got too many options. Though we DO have more intervenes available than blue, but they also have 2 abilities we don't know about....

We could stab Preda. If he's the assassin, he assassinates me, I hit Rend, rend assassinates Preda, then it becomes an intervene off, unless Obi is the mentalist.
    If Preda is not the assassin, we could then have Rend assassinate Crimson at that point.

Having said that, I'm on board with pulling the crimson trigger, but i wanted to provide an alternative.

The problem with that is if we stab preda he doesn't have to reveal his loyalty until the third turn.

And if they have a mentalist available, they can disable my assassination next turn, which means we won't be in range for much at all.

The problem with that is if we stab preda he doesn't have to reveal his loyalty until the third turn.

And if they have a mentalist available, they can disable my assassination next turn, which means we won't be in range for much at all.

Good note on the Mentalist thing. Hadn't thought about that.

Looks like crimson is our only shot...

edited February 2014
    This is every possible way I can see this game ending that doesn't involve me brutally murdering crimson this turn.

Obi/Other

Elder/Assassin or Assassin/Elder: We have 3 turns to live. Without the assassin intervention, obifett has none. We attack him twice to find he's the elder, and he takes the quill. We lose.
    Elder/Alchemist: We have four turns to live. We attack obifett once, alchemist intervenes. We attack him again for his first wound, then again for his second, at this point we need to end the game or lose, and don't know he's the elder yet.
    Elder/Mentalist or Mentalist/Elder: We have four turns to live. Stab obifett, mentalist intervenes and destroys my assassin ability. Now every member of blue team is 3+ turns from death, so we still have to roll the dice.
    Elder/Courtesan or Courtesan/Elder: We have five turns to live. We stab obifett once, courtesan intervenes, fans our new leader. Four turns left, stab obifett again to reveal a ?. At three turns, stab obifett again to reveal elder, he takes quill. Courtesan has 3 health remaining. Stab courtesan, courtesan has 2 health, our elder also has two health. I intervene and kill courtesan. We win.

Mentalist/Assassin: We have three turns to live. Stab obifett, mentalist intervenes and destroys my assassin ability. Now every member of blue team is 3+ turns from death, but since they have the assassin, we lose.
    Mentalist/Alchemist: We have four turns to live. Stab obifett, mentalist intervenes and destroys my assassin ability. Now every member of blue team is 3+ turns from death. Still a die roll at this point.
    Mentalist/Courtesan: We have four turns to live. Stab obifett, mentalist intervenes and destroys my assassin ability. Now every member of blue team is 3+ turns from death. Still a die roll at this point.

Courtesan/Assassin: We have three turns to live. Stab obifett, reveals a ?. Stab obifett, reveals a 9. No time to find anyone else, so we kill crimson, and lose.
    Courtesan/Alchemist: We have four turns to live. Stab obifett, alchemist intervenes. Stab again, reveal ?. Stab again, reveal ?. Now we roll the dice with my assassin ability.
    Courtesan/Mentalist: We have four turns to live. Stab obifett, mentalist intervenes and destroys my assassin ability. Now every member of blue team is 3+ turns from death. Still a die roll at this point.

We reliably win in one of these situations by going for more information, and in 4 of those situations by giving crimson the gift that keeps on giving.

Rend on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Seems like Rend has done his homework, I'm not sure what I can add.

Except maybe more pictures of Armstrong sparkling like the vampire alchemist he is.

o765is.jpg

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Oh come on! This was Venician silk! That's it, I quit...seriously, someone else can be the clan leader now...

Reveal Rank_1.gif and draw Ability_Quill.gif

As my last act as Elder, taste Rose steel Crimsoncoyote!
    !stab @crimsoncoyote

No,
    do not do that

You need to stab me

edited February 2014
    Oh god

Quick, @Kirindal - change your order!! D:

ecco the dolphin on
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    @crimsoncoyote, you know who I am and you, with a little imput from @obifett, know if you want my Intevention...

Can we wait for kirindal to revise his order?

Now we can see why the decandent aristocracy is dying out in that part of the world.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Bold is gold!

OrokosPA.png
    As per the OP, bolding is final

@rend offer to intervene!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

@obifett you around? We have some talking to do