As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Double Fine Amnesia Fortnight - Now Available in Boxed Set Form

2»

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    You can switch between then with 1/2/3. I think the mouse wheel switches too. The Spear spits into multiple arrows when charged, the axe causes bleed damage when charged, and the mace will stun Gorgoth if it hits him in the head.

This might be useful, even for people who can see the instructions on the character select screen: http://www.doublefine.com/assets/brazen/BRAZEN_Instructions.pdf

Potential Spacebase Music: http://doublefine.tumblr.com/post/36818718548/30-seconds-of-early-potential-music-for-spacebase

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    jimbo034jimbo034 Registered User regular
    The Spacebase music sounds like it should be on while Ryan Gosling's Driving through LA at night.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    So I saw the other day the patched Brazen to work with 4:3 monitors. Yay!

Also all the Spacebase stuff is looking cool. I don't really care for the top-down perspective but I understand isometric might be kind of hard to pull off in 2 weeks (it sounds like if it's made into a full project that's the way they'd go though). That music was great also :)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    I need Brazen. I really hope they get to finish that project.

• Options
    Autonomous is looking really slick. Day 5 screenshots:

Day5b.jpg

day5.jpg

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Autonomous is looking really slick. Day 5 screenshots:
    Day5b.jpg

day5.jpg

Oh wow. Its come a long way since the random glances I spotted in the streams a day or so ago. The 'Tron' / retro inspiration was a great call.

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Yeah I wasn't really excited for that one from the initial pitch but the more I see of it, the more awesome it looks. That art style is just fantastic - very Tron :D

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    In case anyone hasn't been watching the streams, they finished up at midnight and they're doing the wrap party and playing all the games today starting at noon Pacific. Apparently they are going to try to have the games up for everyone in a couple of days. (Also, a few days ago they added more 3 Brazen keys for everyone to hand out and they're going to put together some sort of a soundtrack pack for the new games.)

I have no idea if any of these are going to be good to play, but they all have really neat styles to them. Black Lake and White Birch have started looking very cool graphically the past few days.

I think you can still buy the bundle, but I don't know for how much longer you'll be able to (the timer on the bundle site says 9 days remaining right now, which is... not correct). ETA: Apparently the timer is just correct, they just said that they are going to have the bundle available for purchase for 9 more days.

seasleepy on
    Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • Options
    The streams are archived, right?

I've only tuned into them for a few minutes total, and I've been saving the daily episodes past Episode 0 for after I play the prototypes. I've been avoiding the DFA videos, too. I'm a little crazy when it comes to spoilers and going into games nearly blind.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    The streams are archived, right?

I've only tuned into them for a few minutes total, and I've been saving the daily episodes past Episode 0 for after I play the prototypes. I've been avoiding the DFA videos, too. I'm a little crazy when it comes to spoilers and going into games nearly blind.

Yes

• Options
    seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    I think Day 7 may be accidentally lost to the ether (which is unfortunate because Chris Remo played guitar with a robot Santa on drums, and he answered a question I asked), but all the others should be archived.

Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • Options
    Looks like Greg Rice and Anna Kipnis are playing old prototypes on the stream. It'd be neat if they show some that didn't make it in the bundle like Stacking and Trenched.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    InitialDKInitialDK Registered User regular
    I was super bummed when Brad Muir's game didn't make it (anything with "rogue-like-like" and I'm in) but after seeing those screenshots of Autonomous I'm excited again.

"I'd happily trade your life for knowledge of my powers."
    -Louis C.K.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    So I watched the twitch stream of them playing through all the prototypes last night. They all turned out really good. Autonomous looks insanely good. I don't know how they pulled that off in 2 weeks. The effects are amazing, especially a lot of the camera-static stuff and the crazy robot vision where everything looks like green wireframe. It looks super hard, but maybe they just sucked at it :)

To be honest, Hack & Slash looked kind of shitty from a visual standpoint (had a bit of a "My first RPGMaker game" kind of feel to me.. sort of an overall lack of polish). But the puzzles and hacking stuff were really awesome. Hopefully a full game would be much more polished than that.

Spacebase looked pretty awesome but unfortunately it doesn't look like they got a whole lot done in the way of jobs and stuff. Sounded like most of the rooms didn't actually do anything yet which is a shame. But what they got done was pretty great - had a nice Dwarf Fortress vibe to it :) I love the little facebook thing they put in.

White Birch was pretty cool although some of the animation seemed a little janky to me (few places it looked like she kind of teleported around). I guess they were pressed for time. Cool that they got some of the rewards for multiple playthroughs in.

Black Lake was amazing and the intro was crazy good. He wouldn't show the end though :P Kind of funny how good the game looks now - I saw a lot of the really early shots where they didn't have much in yet and it looked so crappy by comparison. It really came together in the end :)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    Brazen really needs to be made into a proper game. I was also surprised by how good the Costume Quest prototype was. What's the schedule for releasing these new prototypes? When do we get to play them?

• Options
    I think I heard Friday

• Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    I just refreshed and all AF prototype downloads are now up! Grabbing Autonomous first, naturally. ;)

• Options
    IdolNinja wrote: »
    I just refreshed and all AF prototype downloads are now up! Grabbing Autonomous first, naturally. ;)

Hm.. They might be staggering the releases for different people. I only have Black Lake and The White Birch on my download page, so I'm going straight for Black Lake.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular

Hm.. They might be staggering the releases for different people. I only have Black Lake and The White Birch on my download page, so I'm going straight for Black Lake.

All of them are up for me. I lost my first Space Base to an outbreak of Space Syphilis. Certainly that's a good place to start for a DF-like even if it is very much a prototype.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Huh, weird. I refreshed again and now I only see black lake and white birch like you. I luckily had already downloaded the other ones though.

EDIT:
    Took a look on the DF forums and apparently the versions that went up are buggy.
    http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/8151/#252666
    DF Nathan wrote:
    FYI that these went up a bit prematurely. We’re still fixing a few known graphics bugs in Black Lake and White Birch that happen on older cards and we’re looking into a possible Win 8 issue for Spacebase and Hack ‘n Slash.

We’ll update Steam and HiB when everything is g2g.

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular

Huh, weird. I refreshed again and now I only see black lake and white birch like you. I luckily had already downloaded the other ones though.

They pulled some to make some adjustments to them.

A couple Amnesia Fortnight prototypes are undergoing some final tweaks, and will be uploaded as soon as they're done

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Wonder if they fixed the bug that kept happening in the White Birch playthrough on the stream where he'd fall in the pit but then not die :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    InitialDKInitialDK Registered User regular
    Just as I suspected, I LOVE the style and aesthetics of Autonomous but I'm not too jazzed on the creating battle-bots part. I really want that art style to be something else, like make it a first person Binding of Isaac-like where you collect parts for yourself or something.

"I'd happily trade your life for knowledge of my powers."
    -Louis C.K.
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    So how do I get the prototypes on steam? Or are they not up yet?

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Fixed builds for all 5 prototypes are up now for direct download. I'm not seeing Steam keys yet for any of them either.

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Fixed builds for all 5 prototypes are up now for direct download. I'm not seeing Steam keys yet for any of them either.

There is one Steam key for all of them on the humble bundle site, but as of yesterday they weren't up on the service yet.

EDIT: Er, I should say on the actual Amnesia Fortnight page which is linked from your humble bundle page. Also, just checked, they still aren't up on Steam.

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
  • Options
    So, this just happened:
    http://spacebasedf9.com/

I had no idea this was actually in for-reals development. Wonder if any other Amnesia Fortnight games were picked up.

• Options
    No, Spacebase DF-9 is the only one in development, per this interview.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Well, I think the Amnesia Fortnight is basically what DF does to get new ideas for games.

Not surprising one went into full development.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Well, I think the Amnesia Fortnight is basically what DF does to get new ideas for games.

Yeah, I figured some of them were, but I hadn't heard anything. I'm actually surprised this was the only one picked up so far. Autonomous was so pretty, that seems like a no-brainer for publishers.

• Options
    What you find pretty and what publishers think they will have an easy time of selling thousands of copies of aren't necessarily the same thing. "TRON! The 80s! Neon!" is badass but not necessarily the sort of thing that tests well with a focus group, I bet.

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Yeah, I figured some of them were, but I hadn't heard anything. I'm actually surprised this was the only one picked up so far. Autonomous was so pretty, that seems like a no-brainer for publishers.

It was real pretty, and was a nifty idea. But I don't know if it could of been turned into a full game.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    What you find pretty and what publishers think they will have an easy time of selling thousands of copies of aren't necessarily the same thing. "TRON! The 80s! Neon!" is badass but not necessarily the sort of thing that tests well with a focus group, I bet.

I dunno, a striking visual style seems like it's always a plus - anything that's going to draw attention to your product (vs. the sea of generic brown FPS's out there).

But then publishers have never been all that smart, so I suppose if it's not "Call of Duty clone #4232" they probably aren't interested.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I dunno, a striking visual style seems like it's always a plus - anything that's going to draw attention to your product (vs. the sea of generic brown FPS's out there).

But then publishers have never been all that smart, so I suppose if it's not "Call of Duty clone #4232" they probably aren't interested.
    Precisely.

• Options
    In case anyone didn't see it, Amnesia Fortnight is back:
    https://www.humblebundle.com/double-fine

This time with four pitches from Pendleton Ward

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    And it looks awesome. Another round of really, really great pitches.