As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2014 Forum Badges

• Options
    JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    I love the design. I, too, would like to be added if there is still room!

• Options
    wolfsblood101wolfsblood101 Registered User regular
    This badge will be one of my framed pieces of PAX swag this year! cant wait to game it up after con hours

Hotel [X] Travel [X] 3 Days of badges[X] Crew[X] ITS ON!
  • Options
    VersuserikVersuserik (E) Versuserik Maui HawaiiRegistered User regular
    So very cool yet again! I approve of this endeavor! I like this one over past years and can't wait to wear it proudly!

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
    [♦]Working my ass off to pay for all this shit.
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Thanks all of the continued feedback. It would appear the British one seems to be actually desired, which surprised me somewhat. So here it is, Britain's call to arms for PAX East 2014:

PAX-East-2014-Forum-Badge-back-v03_zps20fd408b.jpg

Oh god so much want. Can us fellow Commonwealth folks jump on this bandwagon?

Something something war of 1812

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I would like to throw in my compliments on the design and maybe get my name on the back in the process :D

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Rock BottomRock Bottom Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Decius wrote: »
    Thanks all of the continued feedback. It would appear the British one seems to be actually desired, which surprised me somewhat. So here it is, Britain's call to arms for PAX East 2014:

I posted earlier to be in it.. but I don't see my name on that list..

Rock Bottom on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Decius wrote: »

I posted earlier to be in it.. but I don't see my name on that list..

It won't be until right before pax. Those names are the names from last year. Kropotkin goes through this thread and scrapes the names from it right before he does the final badge. He will usually give a warning before doing so in order for people to get their name in last minute.

• Options
    JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    Ah yes....completely forgot he keeps the names. Don't worry Rock Bottom, Kropotkin definitely keeps everyone in the loop.

• Options
    chellerschellers New HampshireRegistered User regular
    As a New Englander, I prefer the colonists. *shrug*

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    The link below will show you an image of the 5th version of the back of the badge. It's a rather different take on the Boston Tea Party, which I think may appeal to you alternate-history buffs out there. If there is such a thing...
    PAX-East-2014-Forum-Badge-back-v05_zpsb75d03f0.jpg

Let me know what you think :)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    I love it, but honestly I think if the game was something more universally loathed -- ET, for instance, or Colonial Marines -- you could skip the message entirely and just have the picture. That's even funnier.

• Options
    NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    The link below will show you an image of the 5th version of the back of the badge. It's a rather different take on the Boston Tea Party, which I think may appeal to you alternate-history buffs out there. If there is such a thing...

So. Good.

• Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular

So many to choose from, stop making amazing options :) , but I do like this one ! I will be happy to collect and wear whatever version makes the final cut.

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    The idea for ver5 is amusing, but I don't personally like it. I do like ilta's suggestion of using et instead, but I still prefer the flag.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Love this version! I agree...maybe just dump the message and let the picture tell the tale.

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback all. I agree that ET may be better, as that was dumped in the Arizona desert simply for being so freaking awful. As for losing the message, I think it needs to be there as it links the names underneath it. Let me do some more tweaking and I'll come up with a 6th version. I do have fun making these, but I'm aware I have little time to resolve this.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    VegaObscuraVegaObscura Registered User regular
    I've been lurking on this for a while, but NO LONGER! I must chime in to say that I definitely like the ET idea.

I'm neutral on the message. As a caption/bridge, it's great, but it feels weird to have text before the text. That area seems...too busy, as it stands. Maybe see if adding something above the picture works better?

• Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular

For ver5, I feel it's a step backward from the others. I like the concept, but it's not as clean. ET is a better game suggestion, fwiw. Or Superman 64 :)

• Options
    VGVideoGalaxyVGVideoGalaxy Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    I also like the ET idea, the badges are looking awesome!

• Options
    zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    kropotkin this looks awesome! (as usual) I personally prefer the alternate-history Boston Tea Party version.

Would definitely like to be apart of this.

CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
  • Options
    GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    All of these look awesome as usual :)

• Options
    DelaneyDelaney Registered User regular
    I'll be thrilled with whichever is chosen, but I have to say that I prefer the flag versions over the tea party. (And specifically, I'd be cheering for the colonists, but both are awesome. :) )

"I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

Steam: delaney_a

• Options
    the_stamythe_stamy Registered User regular
    All of them are great, but I like the flag best. The badge is one of my most anticipated things about PAX each year.

• Options
    TripleozeroTripleozero Registered User regular
    So, should I be concerned if my handle isn't on the screenshot of the badge, or this just a mockup?

(Or, if you prefer, the more panicked version: "OMFG, WHERE'S MY NAME?!?!")

• Options
    A.SabotA.Sabot Boston, MaRegistered User regular
    So, should I be concerned if my handle isn't on the screenshot of the badge, or this just a mockup?

(Or, if you prefer, the more panicked version: "OMFG, WHERE'S MY NAME?!?!")

They are not added until closer to pax, the old names are used, until about a month before when the badge is created and the names gathered.

Pax East 2016: BYOC [x], 3 Day Passes [x], car[x], license[x], new computer[x]
  • Options
    X3R0 9X3R0 9 Registered User regular
    The design is looking great! I can't wait to see the final product!

• Options
    GoocruxGoocrux Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I understand that this badge is available for pickup at the Pre-Pax dinner and at the BYOC desk. Is this correct??
    Also I love all the designs and would be pleased with whichever design is chosen :)

I would love for my name to be on the back as well.
    ¡¡¡Viva Pax!!! @kropotkin @zerzhul

Goocrux on
  • Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Goocrux wrote: »
    I understand that this badge is available for pickup at the Pre-Pax dinner and at the BYOC desk. Is this correct??
    Also I love all the designs and would be pleased with whichever design is chosen :)
    That is correct for pick up. If I remember correctly Kropotkin was also there giving them out at Pre-PAX board game night for a while, though I don't remember exactly when. He was gone by the time I showed up

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    GoocruxGoocrux Registered User regular
    Thank you very much @miker525

• Options
    I will be handing out badges at the Pre-PAX Dinner and the Pre PAX Board game night. If you can't get to either events you can pick up a forum badge from the BYOC desk from 12pm on Friday 11th April and removed at 4pm on Sunday13th April.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    sassfactor4sassfactor4 Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    This looks great again Kropotkin!

Looking forward to having another giant placard on my neck again this year.

• Options
    sellmi82sellmi82 Registered User regular
    Looks amazing. I would like to be added if it's not to late please !

• Options
    Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    I've been so busy this year, I've been a bad forum-er, but if there is time I'd like to be included.

Who is going to PAX South?
  • Options
    Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    BYOC desk from 12pm on Friday 11th April and removed at 4pm on Sunday13th April.

Thanks for doing this. I will be sure to swing by, and snag one.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    This looks pretty cool. I'd like to put my name in the hat for the inclusion list :)

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    After some consideration and after taking out a Titan in Titanfall for the 100th time this weekend I have decided to go with the British Army recruitment version of the badge. I think it would be most amusing to see PAX East attendees strolling around BCEC with a badge the size of a hand with the words 'GOD SAVE THE KING' emblazoned across it. I may even ask people to do the British salute (palm open) :P

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    . I may even ask people to do the British salute (palm open) :P

Does a Rimmer Salute (arm out, circular motion with the wrist, palm open) count?

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    LordOwenLordOwen Young Joel Heyman Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Does a Rimmer Salute (arm out, circular motion with the wrist, palm open) count?

I think that would have to be animated to count.

• Options
    LordOwenLordOwen Young Joel Heyman Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    After some consideration and after taking out a Titan in Titanfall for the 100th time this weekend I have decided to go with the British Army recruitment version of the badge. I think it would be most amusing to see PAX East attendees strolling around BCEC with a badge the size of a hand with the words 'GOD SAVE THE KING' emblazoned across it. I may even ask people to do the British salute (palm open) :P

Just remember it's GOD SAVE THE QUEEN for the time being! We're about to get three kings in a row unless something changes, so it's a nice reminder.

• Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    God save the queen for current day but to be historical it would be king for the colonial period

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!