As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV:ARR] Old 2.15 Patch thread.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    That 6 sch thing has me beyond happy. Phyress @vagrant_Winds parsed my titan dmg at 110~ when I heal it normally, which is about half a normal dps. If I could dps harder, I'd probably be able to hit 150 and then fay can keep people up.

It's not nearly as quick of course, but still, I'd like to try that at some point....

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Stilts wrote: »
    Also, I think I'm worrying about my mana a little too much. I was trying to rely on Cure 1 for the majority of my heals and saving Cure 2 for Freecure procs. I should've been spamming Cure 2 more in emergencies.

While you do want to watch out for your mana, you shouldn't have to be that conservative with cure 2.

When I go thru there, after stoneskin has worn off, cast cure 1 first just to keep tank close to healed. You can judge this by what your avg cure will hit for versus their health. So say not quite a fourth of their hp bar I'll cast cure. If they happen to get down to 50% then I'll start using up cure2 at that point. Unless you really have to go allout with curing the the rest of the party you shouldn't be OOM that often, if at all. Your goal is close to full but not casting a cure when they take one hit of damage. The rough part is when you start having to heal others and you misjudge when to cast a cure on the tank. I've done that where they were still a fourth of their bar left and I just started casting when the damage spike drove them into the ground.

It basically comes down to get in a rhythm with your cures and then seeing what the tank is taking for damage in the first pulls to the first boss and adapt from there. But all bets are off if everyone is getting nailed and you have to do a lot of whirlwind curing.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Now I know what it's like to be a kindergarten teacher, this was way to hard:
    zcWWXz9.png

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
    And no seriously, I go afk for 4 seconds and I'm getting smacked on the ass.

EVERY. TIME.
    8oHJJQw.png

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Attempt 1. Bad attempt. Quick wipe.
    Attempt 2. Made it to repeat phase. Wipe after a slight issue with aggro mngnt left Whirling wheel sister pinging around with Petras' Taunt down.

Pug BLM leaves. Garuda EX is srs business.

• ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    The only difference between anyone and pugs is an FC tag. There are bad players everywhere.
    am0n wrote: »
    During our first fight, I accidentally hit the Windows key, which minimizes my window.

The first thing I do with any new keyboard is solve this problem.

By removing the left Windows key.

Disable it in the control panel (or in razer synapse) and keep yo' keyboard pretty.

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • Sionnach RuaSionnach Rua FFXIV: Sionnach RuaRegistered User regular
    Ah @Ishtaar I do this to delph whenever I can!

FFXIV Character: Sionnach Rua on Sargantanas. Join us on Ghost in the Linkshell! The company site is: gitl.enjin.com

I just make random noises... mreh
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    ICUb wrote: »
    The only difference between anyone and pugs is an FC tag. There are bad players everywhere.
    During our first fight, I accidentally hit the Windows key, which minimizes my window.

The first thing I do with any new keyboard is solve this problem.

By removing the left Windows key.

Disable it in the control panel (or in razer synapse) and keep yo' keyboard pretty.

I dont even disable it, I rebind it as an extra key so it can be a hotkey in games. Same with caps lock, its * from my numpad.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Wicked Uncle ErnieWicked Uncle Ernie Registered User regular
    FdeCHSn.jpg

Everyone wants a catgirl.

• am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Recent adventures of Jeyza!

First, I was Queen of the World!
    w0rqye.jpg

Next, I found my twin in a Guildhest Roulette! We even have the same tail!
    qwya69.jpg
    2dui1dv.jpg

OMG I just got my first vote kick. <3

So I just entered a CT in progress to wrap up the last few Mythos I needed for the week... The group immediately kicks the other healer in the party... Yeah, should have seen the red flags immediately.

So they're on the bomb guy, they pull, NOBODY in the alliance kills adds, and when two bombs go off at once it kinda one shots everyone with lowish (less than 4k) health. So yeah, 10 or so in the raid die, including two in my group. (To be fair, the two that died were the other healer with 3k health and the Dragoon that was standing in the fire puddle) So as soon as the fight ends:
    [11:57](Sirenn Frostbane) what happen healz
    /facepalm Uh.... DPS didn't kill the adds so we almost wiped to tons of avoidable damage?
    [11:57](Sirenn Frostbane) then leave

And they kicked me. :lol: At least I got to call them bad first?

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Wonderful little video that I think really captures the essence of the game.

Warning: There are some story spoilers in there though, so be warned if you don't want to spoil anything. (They are light spoilers but spoilers nonetheless.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcd7J_Ad6yM

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    http://i.imgur.com/FdeCHSn.jpg

Everyone wants a catgirl.

No one can resist the blue.

• EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Soooo...what's the point of the armoire if most of my seasonal rewards won't even go into it? So far it's let me put in my AF armor, the chokers from the Valentine's event, and my Moogle and Warrior of Light helms.

Esh on
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Esh wrote: »
    Soooo...what's the point of the armoire if most of my seasonal rewards won't even go into it? So far it's let me put in my AF armor, the chokers from the Valentine's event, and my Moogle and Warrior of Light helms.

They have stated that they will be changing the armoire to hold more of that stuff but I would imagine it's not a very high priority. It's kind of a crap shoot which events can or cannot go in the armoire, but I would guess eventually all event stuff will once they get around to it.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    They don't allow the newer event stuff in the Armoire because they want people to wear it, not just achievement-bank everything. I definitely get it, but I just wish they'd take holiday timing into account and maybe adjust it during these bugfix patches... The Xmas/Chinese new year/V-Day trifecta is killing my retainer.

• cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    I had my retainer boxes so organized, then I accidentally chose sort and bammo, what a mess it is.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Wonderful little video that I think really captures the essence of the game.

Warning: There are some story spoilers in there though, so be warned if you don't want to spoil anything. (They are light spoilers but spoilers nonetheless.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcd7J_Ad6yM

Thanks for posting Delph. The ending of that video made me lol for real. That is how it sounds in RC all of the time!

Lev 30 Monk Soul get! Now I have the three souls out of the way that interest me.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    Just posting to make sure this thread isn't broken. Going two days without anyone posting is eerie.

Just posting to make sure this thread isn't broken. Going two days without anyone posting is eerie.

You ran everyone off!

76561197990097905.png
    Jakarrd wrote: »

You ran everyone off!

I didn't mean to! I'm not an oppressive queen!

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I am grinding up botany so I can maybe collect treasure maps to help out with the guild bank.

I'm...not really sure if I'll get to the right level in time, though.

IKknkhU.gif
  • PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    I am grinding up botany so I can maybe collect treasure maps to help out with the guild bank.

You only need 45 to get the Peiste skin maps, you don't need 50 for it, so there's that at least.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • joomanjiijoomanjii San Diego, CARegistered User regular

You only need 45 to get the Peiste skin maps, you don't need 50 for it, so there's that at least.

Yes! Any small donation or map helps. The current goal right now is pretty lofty, but it gives us something to strive for since March 17th will be the last day when plots of land will bottom out (which will be about 59 million give or take). I still believe though the earlier we can get our desired plot the better.

We'll hit 50 million in the FC chest by the end of the week. We just need a concerted effort of donations coming in as we get closer since I believe people are still holding on a bit of money as we get closer to our goal. Keep up the good work though guys! Before you know it we'll be lounging in our new mansion lording over all the little folks in Eorzea.

Final Fantasy XIV: Alethia Tamarie
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    joomanjii wrote: »

Yes! Any small donation or map helps. The current goal right now is pretty lofty, but it gives us something to strive for since March 17th will be the last day when plots of land will bottom out (which will be about 59 million give or take). I still believe though the earlier we can get our desired plot the better.

We'll hit 50 million in the FC chest by the end of the week. We just need a concerted effort of donations coming in as we get closer since I believe people are still holding on a bit of money as we get closer to our goal. Keep up the good work though guys! Before you know it we'll be lounging in our new mansion lording over all the little folks in Eorzea.

We doing anything tonight or tomorrow? I need to kill Titan and Ifrit Ex this weekend but will be down to treasure hunt and SB CT runs.

• Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular

We doing anything tonight or tomorrow? I need to kill Titan and Ifrit Ex this weekend but will be down to treasure hunt and SB CT runs.

A lot of people need the EX primals killed. We were hoping to start sort of a semi-carry group to help people through before the reset.

edited February 2014
    I find it really hard not to get distracted in this game.

Like, I want my WHM to get to the endgame so I can participate with guild stuff as soon as possible.

But I also look at archer and think, "Man, it sure would be fun to level that class up a bit."

Then I gain a couple levels and think, "You know what? I should do some more botany."

Four levels later, "Oh...right...I should probably get back to the story missions, huh? Well, I'll just use these mats I got grinding botany to gain a couple levels in weaver, first."

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    Tridus1x wrote: »

A lot of people need the EX primals killed. We were hoping to start sort of a semi-carry group to help people through before the reset.

I can help to carry I know the fights and will sing my bardy songs!

I find it really hard not to get distracted in this game.

Like, I want my WHM to get to the endgame so I can participate with guild stuff as soon as possible.

But I also look at archer and think, "Man, it sure would be fun to level that class up a bit."

Then I gain a couple levels and think, "You know what? I should do some more botany."

Four levels later, "Oh...right...I should probably get back to the story missions, huh? Well, I'll just use these mats I got grinding botany to gain a couple levels in weaver, first."

I had that issue early on until it my friend had a character the same level and we played through content together - I have a War 37 we can run things together, perfect harmony of tank and heals then before you know it we'll be 50s. Or latch on to someone else, it's easier when you play with others, more excited for new dungeons and such.

• joomanjiijoomanjii San Diego, CARegistered User regular

I'll be on tonight to run EM primals with people.

Final Fantasy XIV: Alethia Tamarie
  • NezeriusNezerius NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014

I didn't mean to! I'm not an oppressive queen!

I hear it's "Overthrow a King/Queen" day tomorrow, what are your plans?

Nezerius on
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah
    Steam: Nezerius
  • Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Turns out when you make the party finder description "no stress party, grab a drink and have fun" you get the most fun people and quickly. I want to kidnap all the pugs from last night and cram them into the fc!

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Yeah that happens with PUGs sometimes. When I still working on going through story, I and I think Jeyza got into a Dzemael DF group with two people who were pretty goddamn fun and I don't think we even had a perfect run. We wiped due to whatever and we all took it with good grace, making jokes and pointing out the things we'd screwed up on. And then like 10 minutes after getting out of the dungeon I ran into one of them. But they seemed to be content where they were.

steam_sig.png
    So I'm going through Stone Vigil for story mode. We have a warrior, dragoon, arcanist and myself as a white mage.

The group has been doing pretty well, save for the dragoon, who has been standing in almost every single AoE. It's nothing I'm not able to handle, but it's still incredibly annoying to have to deal with easily-avoidable damage.

We get to the final boss, and--as politely as I can--as the dragoon to maybe not get hit by so many AoEs during this fight. The tank gives a "ditto."

So of course, during the mid-point of the fight, when the dragon starts dropping several AoEs in a cluster, I don't quite get out of one and die in one hit.

*sad trombone*

IKknkhU.gif
    There is a reason we call them 'Derpgoons.'

It's like Huntards in WoW... are they all bad? Nah. There are quite a few that are good. But they seem to attract a certain kind of player more so than any other class...

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    When my wife was nearing 50 she kept asking me why I and the FC were always making fun of dragoons, and told me I was being mean. A couple days later and she's doing her main scenario roulette (on Ultima)
    "Why is it always the stupid dragoons who can't dodge things!?"

steam_sig.png
    When my wife was nearing 50 she kept asking me why I and the FC were always making fun of dragoons, and told me I was being mean. A couple days later and she's doing her main scenario roulette (on Ultima)
    "Why is it always the stupid dragoons who can't dodge things!?"

Hahah, that's funny Tof.

76561197990097905.png
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I'm still a little smug when I'm the last person to die while being a Dragoon.

I've been reading conflicting things for WAR, whether STR is better vs. VIT. I know that functionality wise STR will help enmity and dps and VIT is survive-ability. Just trying to get some other perspective on it, I mean if you can dodge or manage your job as a tank is the VIT worth it?