As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm in a DOODLIN' Mood

VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam baminaRegistered User regular
edited November 2016 in Social Entropy++
Hello Essy Plus Plus

Do you like to make pictures?

Does the sensation of sliding a small cylindrical plastic object across an oh-so smooth and welcoming plastic surface excite and entice you to create life?

Perhaps you prefer to mix colourful crushed rocks together with water and wail away on a cave wall or some tree bark with your fists?

Whatever your pleasure, this is a safe place to share, inspire, and be inspired in the wondrous art of illustration.

Feel free to share your creations. Don't be shy, my sweet. There is no judgement here. Only be mindful to link that which may be deemed NSFW, as images still load behind spoiler tags.

Below you will find a useful video tool, with tips and techniques on refining your magic:

I'll start this off. After a weird months-long hiatus of not putting pen to tablet, I decided to get back on the doodle train with a work of blatant shameless plagiarism that my friend requested last night.

wucp.jpg

DMAC on

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I just did my first "Spitpaint". 30 minutes with the topic "Trap Bed".

TrapBed.jpg

• CalciumtriceCalciumtrice Registered User regular
    New thread, yaaaay.

Anyone else hop on this witchsona drawing bandwagon for witch week? I drew myself as some kind of silly druid witch:

tumblr_n08qkr9m3j1r1m7quo1_r1_1280.png

and a baking witch for my sister-in-law:

tumblr_n0e7e8YvU71r1m7quo1_1280.png

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    tumblr_n0odasS9Ya1qk2cmjo2_1280.png

blurrrgh still gotta lay in some text but it's 6am

uc3ufTB.png
  • AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    Starbound!

tumblr_n0wxfi31xx1qaumawo1_1280.png

tumblr_n0yfshncB91qaumawo1_1280.png

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Panic ButtonPanic Button Robo-cannibal Registered User regular
    Started messing about in digital. I like it so far. Nice to be able to screw around and just hit undo if something goes terribly wrong.

For all past, present, or future Yugioh peoples.

Jinzo2_zpsd8ad1105.jpg

Drawings and short stories: sketchatron.tumblr.com
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    holy fukken shit i can't get over how good The Wind Rises was

tumblr_n1w6jv9rV91qk2cmjo1_500.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    Learning Zbrush! The cowl's a work in progress, but man digital sculpting is rad as balls

TRDbXDJ.png

l3icwZV.png
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    That looks fantastic @Machwing

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Face sketches, from ref.

March3_Faces.jpg

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    part way through a surprisingly irritating painting.

czUWCSFl.jpg

Still draw dresses all the time always.

tumblr_n253miGJ5I1r1m7quo1_r1_1280.png

The CS building is full of whiteboards. It's kind of tough to focus on programming on a Saturday evening.

Charizard_zpsd560f6f1.jpg

tumblr_n25lxx4hUr1qk2cmjo1_500.png

last day of ghibli jam 2014! gonna see if i can squeeze in another piece or two

uc3ufTB.png
    Because movie hype.

rocketraccoon5.jpg

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Somebody else is posting Zbrush stuff and I'm linking old life drawing sketches I found. Apparently refusing to set my clock forward has sent me to an ever so slightly alternate universe.

NSFW link'd because I'm not sure if we can post rude titties and butts in here.

Mwx884o.jpg
    Another ghibli jam piece

tumblr_n27aqlAY1j1s6agxfo1_1280.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    me when I seen this thread

s3zr5d.jpg

• Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    cwul.jpg

Doing some paintings of my FF14 Guilds characters, though this is a work in progress (ie the character still hasn't been drawn.)

• HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    All you people that can draw.

*Jealous*

Seriously though, all of this looks awesome.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    bojsdfijoasfjsafoijdsfijo

(that's keyboard smash for "i'm sick of this i'm moving on)

day14.jpg

• TamTam Registered User regular
    169g950.jpg

• mullymully Registered User regular
    @feebsicle being a badass killing some zombie butts

rdnl7IU.png

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    aw I spend all my arting studying now which is very boring to look at. I can post my enrichment I guess

clipboard01_by_anondum-d7a3yhx.jpg

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Even if I can't draw myself, I do love to follow these threads.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Just owlin all err the place.

• MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    what a hoot

l3icwZV.png
    lil sketch for hellboy day

tumblr_n2ve5xoqyY1qk2cmjo1_500.png

uc3ufTB.png
    I haven't been able to go home and finish this game, which is a bummer. I also like Manga Studio, but I am a super noob with it. Gonna have to start spending time in the Artists' Corner.

Zelda_zps449b8616.jpg

• SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    The last week has been my big push toward nightly drawings and actually spending some considerable time drawing on a daily basis, so I've started throwing stuff on my tumblr on a pretty regular basis. Mostly a buncha lamo-o fanart, but its been really fun practice material. Of this week's stuff this is what I was happiest with. I don't think it takes a lot of effort to figure out which show I was on a binge of.

Its hitting me that I haven't colored anything fully pretty much ever. I don't know what I'm terrified to get on that.

mako1.jpg

And seriously you guys are so incredible that its intimidating. Never stop.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
    edited March 2014
    Been doing some (digital) painting from real life reference to try to improve skills and biz. Did a self-portrait today. The joy of looking at your own face for four hours cannot be understated.

YmCJ1Tb.jpg

Calciumtrice on
    The hardest damn surfaces.

JNKct78.png

Mwx884o.jpg
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    Queen of Hearts doodle

CYash3f.jpg

Quick sketch of something I'll probably do a longer drawing of in the next few weeks. vs Ridley, Round 10586848458: SamusvRidley_zps251f1044.jpg

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    How is a doodle thread that's been open for 2 months only 1 page? I thought this was brand new.

I think a lot of the more diligent doodlers that used to keep these threads chugging along have either left the forums or are too busy these days.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I draw every day but none of it is worth posting. I have this

OKcAInI.jpg

• nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I think a lot of the more diligent doodlers that used to keep these threads chugging along have either left the forums or are too busy these days.

What a bunch of a-holes they were!

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    The very worst!