As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Looking for a cheap home theater system for new apartment.

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
It doesn't have to be the best, but if someone knows of a good home theater system for a flat screen tv, I would appreciate it. I want to spend ~100-200 dollars.

I'm looking for something that sits next to the television itself if possible.

oHw5R0V.jpg

• defreakdefreak Registered User regular
    With that budget I think your best option is a sound bar or HTIB (home theater in a box), even then, you'll only be able to get an average one at best. I suggest going with a sound bar, easier to set up and make space for. Here's a decent one for the price.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    My Sony HTCT260 has been great. Has Bluetooth and wireless sub-woofer which is really nice. It's $250, so a little higher than you were looking for. WireCutter picked the Vizio S4221W-C4, also in in the $250 range.

The SONY has an IR pass-through, so it can be in front ofthe TV and not block the remote, or I just mounted it above the TV.

MichaelLC on