As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2014 Pre-PAX Dinner ~ Tickets Closed and Arrangements finalized!

DelaneyDelaney Registered User regular
edited March 2014 in PAX East
Greetings, all!

GhostDan and I would like to invite you to attend the annual pre-PAX Dinner where you can meet other PA forumers. This year, the PPD for PAX East is going to be held on the second floor of the Black Rose, 160 State Street, Boston, MA 02109 and it IS a family friendly, all-ages event. For those of you who are considering attending any of the later pre-PAX events such as the Pokecrawl or gaming, I'll point out that the dinner is scheduled from 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. EDT specifically to allow people to attend it as well. You'll need the food for energy, after all.

This year's dinner is going to be a heavy hors d'oeuvres buffet with items such as vegetarian spring rolls, spanikopita, mini quiches (vegetarian), sliders, chicken tenders, cheesesteak spring rolls, large cheese tray with fruit and crackers, broccoli and cheddar puffs, cold cuts with rolls and condiments, cheesecake, brownies, and soda. There will also be a cash bar available.

gdad.jpg

9z1p.jpg

Tickets are now on sale through Sunday, March 23 on Eventbrite here. Each ticket is $25.00 plus Eventbrite's fee of $1.62.

If you have any questions, please feel free to message me.

Both the location and menu were chosen in the hopes of providing a hospitable and relaxed place where we can all meet and have a good time. I really hope to see a strong turnout and look forward to seeing you all there!

"I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

Steam: delaney_a

Delaney on

• Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Ordered. Really excited to meet everyone!

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    Delaney has really done a excellent job scouting out this new location. From what I've seen and read I think everyone is going to really enjoy it. The amount and types of food should make everyone happy as well.

• Options
    EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    The Black Rose is a nice place as I recall. Its been used as a Pokecrawl bar too. Thanks for all the hard work in getting this setup you two!

+2 tickets bought

• Options
    PhoBaoBoaPhoBaoBoa Squishy NYCRegistered User regular
    Awesome job :D I'm excited to order my ticket and meet everyone there, the imminence of PAX is starting to set in!

pPEuM8J.png
  • Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    does the pokecrawl genereally start around this area as that is my main thing I want to do and this would be a secondery

• Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Awesome! Walking distance from Omni Parker, will be there. Thank you, Delaney!

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    rascrush wrote: »
    does the pokecrawl genereally start around this area as that is my main thing I want to do and this would be a secondery
    Black Rose has been a pokecrawl bar in the past, so yes.

• Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    This looks awesome, I can't wait. Just ordered my tickets

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options
    We tried our best to keep this near the crawl. It's about 2 blocks from Fanuel Hall which has a lot of the pokecrawl thing, and in the past this has been a pokecrawl bar. Unfortunately with timing and having to reserve the space before details on the pokecrawl come out, we can't guarantee this will be a pokecrawl bar this year, but I can say with a good amount of certainty that this will be near the pokecrawl.

• Options
    Here is a picture that should help illustrate the location of the dinner:

hnla.jpg

Overhead of Faneuil Hall and the Marketplace. The Black Rose is located in the bottom right corner, at the spot of the orange star. For reference, the orange asterisk is Durgin Park, where last year's dinner was held.

And to get a better idea of distance:

kasv.jpg

You can see the Black Rose in the foreground on left side of the picture. The orange arrow in the upper-middle section of the picture is right over the east end of the South Market building of the Faneuil Hall Marketplace.

"I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

• Options
    The_Doctor1The_Doctor1 Registered User regular
    Tickets orders. Both me and @the_stamy are looking forward to going.

PAX East 2014 Checklist: [X] Time off [X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 3-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass
  • Options
    AnnaRoyalAnnaRoyal North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Who doesn't love food? It doesn't look like its that far from the langham. I see booze. So food, booze and games sounds like a PERFECT night to me. Followed by the greatest times to be had at PAX the next day. =) Ordered tickets!

Edit. There are two of us, plus two more friends who are going should be buying tickets soon to the dinner. =)

AnnaRoyal on
    I love Tacos.
    WoW: BanAnnaPi#1341
    Steam: BanAnnaPie
    Origin: BanAnnaPie
    3DS Friend Code: 3840 - 6540 - 5643
    https://twitter.com/xAnnasaurusx
  • Options
    KhaytorKhaytor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Count me in with a +1 Can't wait to meet everyone!

• Options
    LtHummusLtHummus Registered User regular
    Ticket status: purchased

• Options
    RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    Ticket bought, very much looking forward to it. Thanks for putting this together!

• Options
    GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    Definitely join in on this, gotta wait til payday next week though to get my ticket.

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • Options
    fullofgracefullofgrace Registered User regular
    Buying tickets now! The Black Rose looks like a great place and they have a gluten free menu, to boot! Thanks for getting this set up. :)

I'm jessageek on Twitter and Tumblr
    PAX East Pics: 2010-2015 & Vids: 2012-2015
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Buying tickets now! The Black Rose looks like a great place and they have a gluten free menu, to boot! Thanks for getting this set up. :)
    Unless you mean everything is gluten free, you will likely need to work with @Delaney and @GhostDan to get a gluten free addition to the buffet. Since it's a buffet I assume that there will not be any ordering off the normal menu during the event (although I could be wrong on that front).

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Bought my tickets! I shall be there handing out Forum Badges to anyone who wants one :)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks Zerzhul. Yea nothing on the buffet is labeled as gluten free. I don't know much about the allergy but I'd think maybe the chicken fingers (although they probably have breadcrumbs around em) and the cheese tray? No idea. Delaney may be able to find out more directly from them if they will let people order directly from the menu, and it probably wouldn't be included in money we are charging. From the OP right now we are planning on having: vegetarian spring rolls, spanikopita, mini quiches (vegetarian), sliders, chicken tenders, cheesesteak spring rolls, large cheese tray with fruit and crackers, broccoli and cheddar puffs, cold cuts with rolls and condiments, cheesecake, brownies, and soda

GhostDan on
  • Options
    If I am remembering correctly, the normal menu was also going to be available, but I will confirm this with the manager. I can also inquire about adding something appropriate to the buffet and will let y'all know when I get answers.

• Options
    JtraynorJtraynor Registered User regular
    Awesome I'm looking forward to it.

• Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    I have purchased my ticket and I will let my PAX buddy (Bryan) know that he should buy his ticket.

Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Bought my tickets! I shall be there handing out Forum Badges to anyone who wants one :)

wouldn't miss it sir ...

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    fullofgracefullofgrace Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    GhostDan wrote: »
    Thanks Zerzhul. Yea nothing on the buffet is labeled as gluten free. I don't know much about the allergy but I'd think maybe the chicken fingers (although they probably have breadcrumbs around em) and the cheese tray? No idea. Delaney may be able to find out more directly from them if they will let people order directly from the menu, and it probably wouldn't be included in money we are charging. From the OP right now we are planning on having: vegetarian spring rolls, spanikopita, mini quiches (vegetarian), sliders, chicken tenders, cheesesteak spring rolls, large cheese tray with fruit and crackers, broccoli and cheddar puffs, cold cuts with rolls and condiments, cheesecake, brownies, and soda

Oh that's totally fine! :) After a year gluten free I've finally gotten savvy enough that I can safely navigate a buffet and it looks like there will be plenty that I can have (cheese, fruit, cold cuts, etc). I was just excited to see that if for some reason I was still hungry I could order off their menu separately after the PAX dinner is over. If they would make the menu available during the dinner that would be a bonus. Thank you both for checking!

fullofgrace on
    I'm jessageek on Twitter and Tumblr
    PAX East Pics: 2010-2015 & Vids: 2012-2015
  • Options
    gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Tickets purchased. I was thinking I would not go this year because I'm a pescatarian and I'm not sure there will be much to eat, but I decided that it's about the people, who are awesome. Looking forward to the company, if not the food!

• Options
    gonexall wrote: »
    Tickets purchased. I was thinking I would not go this year because I'm a pescatarian and I'm not sure there will be much to eat, but I decided that it's about the people, who are awesome. Looking forward to the company, if not the food!

The quiches are veggie (I know, it'll have eggs, but looks like pescatarians eat eggs) and cheese and crackers. Plus the deserts :)

• Options
    just ordered my ticket. Question do we need to print out the ticket and bring it with us to the resturant or is this just a thing to give the resturant a final count idea

• Options
    Please print out the tickets and bring them to the restaurant. It has a code that we will scan when you arrive to let you in. We will require this so people don't come walking in off the street or meandering up from downstairs (and we don't get charged extra for having more people than we said we would, or run out of food cause more people showed up).

• Options
    PhoBaoBoaPhoBaoBoa Squishy NYCRegistered User regular
    @GhostDan is the eventbrite app page with the QR code a sufficient back up if I lose/forget my printed ticket?

pPEuM8J.png
  • Options
    That should be fine, although scanning that is a bit more difficult it's definitely doable. The fall back to that is we can always look up guest names, but that's really time consuming compared to a easy scan :)

• Options
    Ok thanks I will add that to the list of tickets I need to bring with me.

• Options
    gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    I just read my last post, and I think it sounds much more negative than I meant it. I think this event will be awesome and I appreciate GhostDan and Delaney for all the hard work and coordination. I can see that there was effort put into making sure that there are options for Veggies.

One question: I might be delayed getting there. Would coming at 5:45- 6:00 be O.K? I'll try to be earlier, but it might not be possible.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I didn't take it negative, just wanted to present options for you :) I was a vegetarian for years (when there was really only veggie or vegan).

One of the perks to having a buffet is you can show up whenever. Although the later you are some of the prime food may be gone :)

GhostDan on
  • Options
    acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    Bought my tickets, can't wait to see you guys again!

Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• Options
    ShiinaBatShiinaBat Registered User regular
    Tickets get! Excited for a nice dinner with new friends before hitting up the board game events.

zqKoGoV.png
  • Options
    KaladinKaladin Western NYRegistered User regular
    Got my ticket! Really looking forward to this!

• Options
    upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    I assume I can just get two tickets, my wife and myself, and our 1 yr old doesnt need a ticket? I would be astonished if she could eat enough to warrant a full plate lol.

Looks like the place is walking distance to the Omni where we are staying. Was able to confirm we will be arriving early enough to make dinner.

• Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Wife and I have ordered tickets :) Thank you for organizing...I was a little disappointed that it was not DP again, but this sounds much nicer to be honest. More interaction.

• Options
    upstaney - Delaney will have to check on that but I think it should be fine.

Dolarrah - That was the idea. DP and acumen have been absolutely awesome, but I think a change of venue is always great, and I really think this provides more interaction.