As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] I guess there's an Expansion coming out this year ? Maybe ?

• tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    I kind of want to go back and kill him at some point just for the achievement.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    tarnok wrote: »
    I kind of want to go back and kill him at some point just for the achievement.
    Yeah, that was my reasoning too.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Man, I really wish I had known pet battles used remixes of the Warcraft 2 music.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    My friend did that with ice lance on his mage because he didn't want to stop swimming away because he didn't know how hard it hit (anyone happen to know?).

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    another mfing .6% wipe.

This is getting annoying.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    My friend did that with ice lance on his mage because he didn't want to stop swimming away because he didn't know how hard it hit (anyone happen to know?).

He hits hard. Very hard.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    He hits ridiculously hard. I think he can oneshot my Rogue (well over 400K HP).

If it wasn't a one shot, it was still over very quickly.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Who's the proud new owner of a Kor'kron War Wolf?

This guy.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Today I'm going to grit my teeth, bear down, and try to push my Death Knight to 90. Wish me luck.

This will be the last one before the alleged expansion, after this I'm alt-ed out.

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I can't even muster the effort to get my Monk past 80. It's just so dull. I'm not a levelling fan, if you couldn't tell.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Just took the time to rearrange my shaman's buttons. I threw some skills off the buttons entirely as there's never any situation I'd use them in. Then I took those stupid totem buttons off and just picked the ones I'd actually use ever from them, putting them instead. Because when I need a totem, I need to click and have it. Not click and browse a fucking menu. I still resent Blizzard for taking away the totem bar they had going where I could stamp useful totems down.

So it's pretty much Stormlash, Searing, Magma, the healing totems, and the elemental totems. No earth totems because really? I mean REALLY.

Edit - Oh that's a lie, I have Tremor totem available.

Henroid on
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    With all the totems having their own CDs now, the totem bar doesn't really make sense anymore. The whole dropdown totem lists are complete garbage though. For warlock pets they make sense, as you're not changing your pet very often, but they really want me browsing a list when I need to be dropping healing tide? They're pretty much worthless and they should just throw the totems into the spellbook individually, IMO.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    With all the totems having their own CDs now, the totem bar doesn't really make sense anymore. The whole dropdown totem lists are complete garbage though. For warlock pets they make sense, as you're not changing your pet very often, but they really want me browsing a list when I need to be dropping healing tide? They're pretty much worthless and they should just throw the totems into the spellbook individually, IMO.

You can still drag and drop them from your spell book as individual spells to your bar. Just open the menu and then drag & drop.

But the menu solution does not work this way. Even if they're all on their own cooldowns, totems are very on-call in their purpose. And for the record, totems were on their own cooldowns when the stamping was officially implemented back in... WotLK was it?

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    Who's the proud new owner of a Kor'kron War Wolf?

This guy.

I was expecting yet another incarnation of Animal Cruelty: Mounts Edition, but it doesn't actually look half bad with my fat, feathered ass.

I still have several restraining orders from various colours of Hawkstriders ongoing, however.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    I love the goat mounts from tillers, but everytime my fat panda warrior in his heavy plate jumps on the back of one I just can't help waiting for the spine to drop. I literally hear the "-snap" out of the corner of my ears and it begins to distract from the game.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    The old AV Ram used to be like that, too, with a Draenei riding, but they bulked them up over the years to handle the load.

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »

You can still drag and drop them from your spell book as individual spells to your bar. Just open the menu and then drag & drop.

But the menu solution does not work this way. Even if they're all on their own cooldowns, totems are very on-call in their purpose. And for the record, totems were on their own cooldowns when the stamping was officially implemented back in... WotLK was it?

Yeah, I know that you can do that, but there's probably people out there who don't. What I was trying to get at is that they shouldn't have those drop down buttons at all, since they're too obtuse for actual use and they're just going to be a stumbling block for new people.

• TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    I was talking specifically about the mage 90 talents, which a lot of people consider to be the worst in the game. They actively make the class less fun to play.

A thousand times this. I can't count how many times I've glanced over at Skada while mage-ing and thought to myself, "Why is my dps so low?" and then realized that I haven't Invocated once.

Between the level 90 talents and the stupid Mage Bombs, it just seems to make the mage seem clunky.

oh h*ck
    Haven't not played the Alliance since probably 2005, and not done any real lowbie level beyond 10 or 15 since Cataclysm came out; I'm surprised at how much fun I'm having leveling this Monk now.

I imagine when I hit Outland it'll suck again, but at least I won't have to stay there very long :D

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    If only this were not true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWlH8PTijzA

milk ducks on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Power leveling Inscription on my Rogue in the old Beasts guild in case anyone wants heirloom pants.
    God bless.

Bless your heart.
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Man it seemed like almost every WSG I was in this weekend had a premade of some kind Alliance side. That was...ugly.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    What level enchantments can I put onto heirlooms and can enchantments not be put on scrolls anymore? I was trying to find some on the AH but I had no luck, just shoulder and leg stuff.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Shoulder enchants are made by scribes, and leg enchants are made by leatherworkers and tailors. All of the current Mists enchants can be put on heirlooms (except shield spikes) as long as they are put on there by a 90. Most of them still have a level requirement to use the actual item that creates the enchant.

Samphis on
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    What level enchantments can I put onto heirlooms and can enchantments not be put on scrolls anymore? I was trying to find some on the AH but I had no luck, just shoulder and leg stuff.

I haven't tried yet, but it appears that any enchantment can be placed on any gear and it scales down if you're too low for it normally. Lemme find the spreadsheet I saw on the matter.

https://docs.google.com/a/monstermedia.net/spreadsheet/lv?pli=1&key=0AnBPvCvqWJ3udENtVlVmcjA4Q3ZQWmZKWHE3c201UXc&f=true&noheader=true&gid=17

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Cool, I'll see if I can scrounge up the mats for some max level enchants then. Wonder if I should drop the +15 agi on the two weapons for something cooler.

Since I know nothing of current enchants, what would be really good on a chest, cloak, and two agi weapons?

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    You can still put enchants on scrolls to sell on the AH, you just don't need certain levels of it any more. They all go onto a general "enchanting vellum" now. Another change is that helm enchants are gone, so you won't find those on rep vendors or anything any more.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    Well, after not playing for a year or more, I had to get back on to ensure every single class was 90 once the next xpac hits.

I now have one of each class at max level, which is a tradition going back to BC, maybe?

A horrible, terrible tradition.

I don't know why, but for 7-8 years now, I HAVE to max all my guys so they're set to go when the next xpac comes out, even if I have no desire to play WoW, or haven't played in a long time.

I didn't care about Cataclysm, I didn't care about panda land, and I have no idea what's involved with New Draenor, but dammit, my guys are set for battle!

Well, as long as Blizz continues their fine tradition of "the first boar/tiger/critter drops greens that beat the hell out of last xpac's raid gear". Then, I'll be ready.

Isn't one of the big features about this next expansion is the ability to auto-level a character to 90?

• NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Yes, one character, the others would either have to be manually leveled up. Unless they put in their cash shop give us money option to have people pay for 90, which it's looking like they are going to do.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Ohhh boy. My guild is going to try Heroic Paragons tonight. Not gonna lie, that makes me shit my pants a little. For non-standard reasons, though. From a Tank perspective, it's all relatively straightforward. Don't have one tank take both Skeer and Rikkal/Xaril and Kilruk. Let the first batch of Parasites through then prevent the rest. Vicious Assault leaves a hard ticking dot now and you have to swap at a certain number of stacks. Use Amber Prison on people who get Mesmerized by the kunchongs. Otherwise just stay out of the bad. And that's pretty much it, as a tank.

But that's not the part that scares me. The part that scares me is everyone else in my raid. It's not to say I don't have faith in them, but more that our raiders are prone to doing stupid shit. Stuff like, I dunno, getting hit by the stundash, or standing in front of Korven when he's doing Vicious Assault, or putting the amber puddles on melee/tanks. Things like that. I just foresee a lot of really stupid deaths happening tonight. And given that you get the Stundash guy in the 2nd cycle, and he stays for the entire rest of the fight... I dunno, I just hope people are on their A game tonight.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it sucks

although we should kill it this week since people have apparently finally figured out how to do parasites properly

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Some interesting size comparison info for Garrisons:
    Q: What kinda size scale are we talking about for garrisons? Can you compare it to something currently ingame?
    Blizz: Theramore is probably a good comparison.

Q: wow... that's freaking awesome.
    Blizz: That is at Tier 3 mind you, 1 and 2 will start smaller.

Q: So tier 1 might be something along the lines of goldshire-ish?
    Blizz: Yup yup.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    it sucks

although we should kill it this week since people have apparently finally figured out how to do parasites properly

Hah, funny you mention parasites, cause we had trouble with that for about the first 5 pulls or so. I learned that 1) Parasites spawn upon Injection expiration, not application and 2) Shuffle alone does not prevent stacks. Has to be Guard or Elusive Brew. Fortunately I figured it out pretty quickly. They still end up running around all over the place munching on people, so I wonder if there's a better way to handle that or what. Hmm.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Hey, so is there a recommended level order? I did the panda starting zone, Westfall, Red Ridge, Duskwood, and I'm finishing upper stranglethorn now. I'll probably do lower strangle thorn and then head to the plaguelands, but any recommendation where to go after that?

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Don't really have any recommendations for alliance leveling in 60 and below content.

If you aren't aiming to complete every quest, I'd suggest queuing for dungeons and working on quest content during the wait. Unless they've made some changes, I found the exp gains to be pretty good from dungeon runs and the gear to be handy. Gold acquisition was pretty good as well. Also AoE looting probably makes it easier to acquire gold from them.

Now if you've done TBC content, I would suggest queue for dungeons and working on quests during the wait. I remember hating to level in TBC content with my Cataclysm alt runs because you really see how far blizz has progressed with quest design. Also I've found with TBC and Wrath content, that it's fairly easy to out level one's gear and end up in zones where one wishes they had better gear. So dungeon runs were pretty nice for remedying and avoiding the issue.

I'd suggest the same approach for those that have done Wrath questing. If not, it's worth running the quests, even if some of the design is a little dated, it's still much better than TBC questing. I'd also suggest trying to do at least one run of each dungeon, with any repeat runs concentrated on the higher level dungeons to be in a good spot for Cata content. Same approach should be good for Cataclysm content.

I know MoP has NPCs to buy catch up gear from. Can't remember if any of the other expansions go that route, but something worth looking into for at least Cataclysm content, if you find yourself far behind on any gear slots.

Also working on maxing out professions during dungeons queues is another route worth looking into for those not too interested in seeing all the quest content because last I checked, there really isn't a good way to level professions concurrently with character levels for lower level content; especially, if one is running with lots of exp boosts.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    I was going to make a big push towards getting my level 88 mage to 90 today. I had stocked a full hour of the Darkmoon Fair XP buff before I logged out on Saturday and had planned out my route to hit the maximum amount of quests today when I logged on.

So I log on, and the very first quest mob I go after hits me with a knockback that gets my character stuck in a fence and then he beats me to death, causing me to lose my XP buff.

I turned the game off in disgust.

(Yeah, it was only a 10% buff, but that's a decent chunk in Pandaria, especially since heirlooms don't work and I was planning on gathering a few Pandaria Treasures on my trip which give ridiculous XP. The buff wouldn't have saved me a lot of time but losing it immediately was still enough to take me out of the mood of playing anymore tonight).

First World (of Warcraft) Problems:

I've now had both the Thunderfury bindings and the Warglaives drop the half that I already had.

FFFFFUUUUUU

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Q: What kinda size scale are we talking about for garrisons? Can you compare it to something currently ingame?

Well I wonder can you keep it at a certain size and still get the bigger bonus for having it at tier 3?

Also it's once again the holiday of disappointment!
    I am very disappointed it gives you valour instead of Justice

edited February 2014
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Halfmex wrote: »

Well I wonder can you keep it at a certain size and still get the bigger bonus for having it at tier 3?
    No, I'm sure you won't be able to. Why would we care unless we're obsessed with minimizing travel time? Given that you'll almost certainly be max level (and thus have Draenor flying) by the time you reach Tier 2 even that will probably be an academic point.

Smasher on
This discussion has been closed.