As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Spring into Action Figures!

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Give me your star wars figures.

Bloods End on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2007
    Give me your good figures (i.e. the rest of them)

Garlic Bread on
  • Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    THE BOXES! Oh god why keep all that awesome confined in the cardboard?!

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

My current rule of thumb for new arrivals is to open them up, play / display for a day or so, and back into their rectangular like prisons.

I just don't have the room.

And Keith, different strokes.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2007
    Whachu talkin' bout, Karma

Garlic Bread on
    edited September 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Whachu talkin' bout, Karma

Differn't strokes.

Bad Karma on
  • Octopus MelodyOctopus Melody Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I have a few action figures and things, but not really enough to be considered a collection or anything. I have a digital camera too so I thought I'd take some pictures and post 'em here.
    toys1.JPG
    Pikachu, Dr Zaius (which was kind of a gag gift since I'm not a huge Planet of the Apes fan or anything but Dr Zaius is pretty intense anyways), Booster Gold, Usagi Yojimbo and Blue Beetle.

toys2.JPG
    Dr. Strange and Gumby.

toys3.JPG
    A bunch of robots.

toys4.JPG
    A raygun and a Spider-Man doll thing.
    That's all.

Octopus Melody on
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Pretty cool. =) I like the Booster Gold and Blue Beetle figures especially.

devoir on
    edited September 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »

My current rule of thumb for new arrivals is to open them up, play / display for a day or so, and back into their rectangular like prisons.

I just don't have the room.

And Keith, different strokes.

You know, I DO have the room. If you want to ship some of those my way I could put them on display for you. ;-)

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ok, so I just saw a new Marvel Legends Special Edition Figure, the Zombie Spider-man one......

Since there is only two left at my local store..... just how "Special" edition is he? Will there be more?

Sharp101 on
  • Worsel96Worsel96 A Castle in the SkyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The bases look like they might interlock to form a scene if that could be the "special" part. Spidey only has part of the Silver Surfer body on his stand from what I could see at my local store. I can't find pictures of any of the other bases but it wouldn't surprise if they did join to make a scene.

That said, he does look pretty damn cool.

Worsel96 on
    edited September 2007
    I'm just worried that if I don't buy them today, They'll be an absolute pain to get later on. But if they are a regular release.....

Sharp101 on
    edited September 2007
    This week's ClixHaul™ brought: The Flash, Bouncing Boy, Dream Girl, Toyman, and Creeper

although I got Aquaman's card in the box instead of Creeper's

Garlic Bread on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    All three of the bases connect together on those Marvel Zombie figures.
    And they should be fairly rare based on the history of that particular line. Not like crazy expensive collector's rare but not easy to obtain in brick and mortar stores after the initial shipment.

Oh, and because I want to be a cool kid like Keith,
    This week's Clix haul includes...
    US Agent, Namor, Namoritta, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, Hulkling, and some characters I don't care about.
    Red Spartan with SMG and Plasma Pistol
    Red Spartan with two needlers
    Blue Spartan with two magnums
    Blue Spartan with Rocket Launcher
    Drone with Plasma Pistol
    2 Grunts with different weapons
    Black Ops Grunt with Fuel Rod Cannon

And I'll be picking up my brick tonight so...50 more Halo ActionClixs that no one here cares about to come!

Accualt on
    edited September 2007
    I picked up the spider-man yesterday.

I'm weak.

Plus I bought a shit-load of Clix last week. A marvel starter, 30 random gave me nothing too special. But I have picked up some boosters that got me some cool stuff I really like.

I got the Killing Joke Joker (Hawaiian Shirt Joker?), Elongated Man, Bizaro and Darkseid. :)

For marvel (where most of my focus is)
    In one booster I got WWII Cap and Bucky, US Agent, Ultimate Wasp and Stature! Score!
    In other boosters I managed the Unique Ultimate Iron Man and Unique Stilt-Man.

Thats all I can remember off the top of my head. But this clix thing is fucking addictive.

Sharp101 on
    edited September 2007
    give me elongated man

Garlic Bread on
    edited September 2007
    man, I've only played one game (Sunfire, Elongated Man and Ragman VS Robin, Dr Cold and Clayface) and Elongated man was sooo gooood.

I like him.

Sharp101 on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2007
    I bought some HaloClix too, Acc.

I pulled a Cortana in the first pack, which was cool, because she's basically the only Halo character I really recognize outside of Master Chief.

DJ Eebs on
    edited September 2007
    I wish GameStop still sold heroclix so I didn't have to go up to the shop for them

although i'm kind of glad we don't

because i would just keep buying them

Garlic Bread on
    edited September 2007
    I don't understand Heroclix. I have a couple from various promotions and giveaways but I don't really see how the game works. Is it more about the game or is it more about collecting the little figures?

It looks like somthing that I would be able to get into if only they were a bit bigger and more detailed.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2007
    I think I'll make a HeroClix thread sometime this weekend, since interest seems to be increasing around here.

DJ Eebs on
    edited September 2007
    WizKids had great multi level, custom tables set up to demo the game at Wizard World Boston. Then I see the poster playmat dealie it comes with and it makes me wish I had some skill with creating custom...anything.

I wish I new people that played the game close by though. My only HeroClix is the Typhoid Mary WW exclusive.

I think it's in a drawer...somewhere.

Bad Karma on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    guys look what I bought today

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CDC10811lg.jpg

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited September 2007
    Yeah Shoe,

I got myself one of those this week as well. I can't wait for the other two.

Sharp101 on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I bought some HaloClix too, Acc.

I pulled a Cortana in the first pack, which was cool, because she's basically the only Halo character I really recognize outside of Master Chief.

That is awesome. She is an amazing fig and really rare.
    I went to the local game shop to pick up my brick, along with two acquaintances who got bricks. There were some random other people there buying HaloClixs, I was a bit surprised. We played a bunch of games and it is really fun. It is faster and easier to understand than HeroClixs. Everyone who played it last night was really impressed, I know a couple of us thought it would be a half assed version of HeroClixs but I actually enjoy it more from a pure gameplay perspective. The upgrade feature is great.

Oh and the sculpts, damn, I'm impressed by how detailed they are.

Accualt on
  • comicgeek77comicgeek77 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    i just picked up zombie colnel america and spidey today and i think they both look awesome. and my man at the comic shop was saying zombie hulk drops next week-i cant wait!

i also just saw dc direct's coming out with new frontier series two ive been hoping for these since the first series came out.

comicgeek77 on
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I just picked up a couple of the Spawn 2" series 2 trading figures- black issue 95 Spawn and normal Spawn IV. I'm sad I'm hopping on now, since series 1 has a whole lot more pieces of interest and isn't looking to be easy to track down.

The Marvel zombies figures are must-own for me. Food shall be secondary. Are they gonna be especially tough to find, or should I expect them at my local comic book stores?

PS., also tracked down the 2007 Camero Bumblebee, and he may be the best figure in the movie line so far.

Torso Boy on
    edited September 2007
    Man, I wasn't expecting Zombie Cap to come out this week. I spent about $150 at the shop yesterday. (about $100 on stuff for my girlfriend's birthday though...)

Sharp101 on
  • ScumdoggScumdogg Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Relatively new to these parts, i just spent wayyy too long browsing all the pages of this thread. There are some pretty magnificent toy collections here. I'm nearing completion on setting up my toy room, and while the shelving is cobbled together and not my ideal, i'm pretty happy with how it's coming along. I took several pictures, thought you guys might like to see 'em. Sorry everything looks slightly washed out, the lighting in the room is purposely a little dim, so i had to ramp up the brightness on the pictures. Click the thumbnails to embiggen!

th_MarvelWall.jpg

th_SigmaSixStreetFighter.jpg

th_Marvel1.jpg

th_Marvel2.jpg

th_Transformers.jpg

th_DCShelf.jpg

th_TMNT.jpg

th_Thundercatsetc.jpg

th_HeMan.jpg

th_He-Man2.jpg

Scumdogg on
    edited September 2007
    This week's ClixHaul™: Batman, DreamGirl (another one? and she's "rare"), Doctor Light (the good one), Icicle, and Plastic Man.

Plastic Man's awesome
    hdjl030lp5.jpg

Garlic Bread on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Jesus, that's the best one I've ever seen.

Tach on
  • DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So is HeroClix like Warhammer but with super heroes?

DharmaBum on
    edited September 2007
    greg i told you to buy some so we could play

Garlic Bread on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Woo, I got a Batman and an Elongated Man!

Wildcat on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The guy at the comic book store gave me a J'onn one for my birthday.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Scumdogg wrote: »
    th_TMNT.jpg

Holy shit.

Terrordrome.

G1 Jetfire.

I'll be damned if you're not my new favorite person.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
    edited September 2007
    Scumdogg wrote: »
    th_TMNT.jpg

Holy shit.

Terrordrome.

G1 Jetfire.

I'll be damned if you're not my new favorite person.

Well it's a good thing the HISS Tank battalion didn't make it into the shot or i'd be awkwardly dodging a marriage proposal. :)

Scumdogg on
  • Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    b...

batallion?

I absolutely demand pics or not only did it not happen, but you're a lying son-of-bitch to boot.

Alternately: Fucking seriously? How many are we talking?

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
    edited September 2007
    b...

batallion?

I absolutely demand pics or not only did it not happen, but you're a lying son-of-bitch to boot.

Alternately: Fucking seriously? How many are we talking?

Is this enough for a battalion? :) It's really the most i figured i could fit realistically around the Terrordrome on a table, that would still fit in the middle of the toy room. And yeah, i know one is the repaint from 2000 or so, but that one honestly seems harder to find than the original these days.

th_HISSTanks.jpg

Scumdogg on
    edited September 2007
    the one thing your toy room is missing:

featherdusterpk2.jpg

Garlic Bread on
This discussion has been closed.