As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fosters: Australian for [chat]

DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tieAhhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
Phone posting from class. Will add substantive commercials and crocodile Dundee clips later. There will probably be a kangaroo and shit.

Awesome this chat now. Be ahead of the curve

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Post things to make me happy

Amuse me

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Anyone looking to pick up a Vita this seems like a good deal at $200

@Elki (I think)

PS-Vita-2000-Bundle.jpg

BL2 comes with all the DLC too!

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Phone posting from class. Will add substantive commercials and crocodile Dundee clips later. There will probably be a kangaroo and shit.

Awesome this chat now. Be ahead of the curve

GOOBY RANKS THIS [CHAT] AS A BUY

GET IN NOW BEFORE THE RALLY IS OVER

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    I decided to have an orange but I cut my finger slicing it and then it hurt real bad to eat the orange slices and the orange wasn't even that good. I should have listened to the part of me that said "nah, don't get up and eat an orange."

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Netrunner podcast and IPA consumed.

Life's Good as they say in capitalist Korea

Next up, true detective

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

Amuse me

t5S2XkG.jpg

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I guess I should ask my mum

she goes to Vegas at least once a year

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Man I totally forgot how hard Revolution X actually was.

Music is the weapon my ass!

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    My halloween costume this year is Revolution X-Wife

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Anyone looking to pick up a Vita this seems like a good deal at $200

@Elki (I think)
    PS-Vita-2000-Bundle.jpg
    BL2 comes with all the DLC too!

Kinda ballsy calling it Borderlands 2 rather than Borderlands Vita or some variant. Straight up acknowledging it's a port of a 2(?) year old game like that...

Also might wanna wait to see how it runs! CoDBlops and Resistance were both dogshit, though Killzone was pretty great.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I turned the puppy image into a political cartoon.

FUOy4St.jpg

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I'm pretty sure X-Files and Angel both also had club hopping sex vampires as well.

...kind of a strangely common concept, actually...

@Neco

Vampires and sexuality are definitely very historically linked. Have you ever read older vampire literature? Like, in Dracula, there are hot women vampires at Dracula's house, and when he begins feeding on Lucy it's a very sensual neck thing. Go back a bit further and you run into vampires as a way to write homosexual stuff; Carmilla being the example that pops into my head, about a vampire girl who more or less goes around staying with people, developing feelings for their young women, and eating them (interestingly, here, she's definitely portrayed as someone you can feel sorry for, and there is definite two-way homoerotic undertones though they dress it up in "she's totally magically enchanting").

So the idea of vampires as these erotic things that prey on victims sexually isn't a modern invention, it goes back at least to the genesis of the modern vampire.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    almost done with nip/tuck

I hope everyone dies in a massive explosion

• Options
    Meinn Gott this girl is good. She looks like she's flying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl26JovmJDU

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Dracula is famously chock full of gang rape imagery, phallic staking, the dangerous seduction of the vampire as loss of virginity and sexual purity, etc

• Options
    Meinn Gott this girl is good. She looks like she's flying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl26JovmJDU

root for USA please

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure X-Files and Angel both also had club hopping sex vampires as well.

...kind of a strangely common concept, actually...

@Neco

Vampires and sexuality are definitely very historically linked. Have you ever read older vampire literature? Like, in Dracula, there are hot women vampires at Dracula's house, and when he begins feeding on Lucy it's a very sensual neck thing. Go back a bit further and you run into vampires as a way to write homosexual stuff; Carmilla being the example that pops into my head, about a vampire girl who more or less goes around staying with people, developing feelings for their young women, and eating them (interestingly, here, she's definitely portrayed as someone you can feel sorry for, and there is definite two-way homoerotic undertones though they dress it up in "she's totally magically enchanting").

So the idea of vampires as these erotic things that prey on victims sexually isn't a modern invention, it goes back at least to the genesis of the modern vampire.

Oh, right. Yeah, I know about Dracula and Carmilla, etc. I meant more that those shows had monsters that fed off its victims sexually in the way that a vampire would feed off a victim's blood. Ardat-Yakshi type monsters. Though i guess there would still be some influence by vampires with them as well...

Neco on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

Amuse me

Stolen from the comic book thread.
    tumblr_mrky27D0St1ser9m9o3_1280.jpg

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Everything True Detective is amazing.

The acting.

The thought in they put into everything.

Uh, not full spoilers but I think the exploration of themes gets a spoiler because I think it is important to the experience.
    The idea of the story being focused and moved by the detectives instead of the story itself. It creates the idea of illusion verse reality. There is the idea of connections and stories built in. The idea of satanism but it might be a red herring.

And the idea that there are monsters at the end of it, be it true or not.

I love it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is the worst.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    IcyLiquid wrote: »

Because of the OP or because the words "gang rape imagery" appear on page one?

• Options
    Ok, am I just not looking for it in the right place, or is it actually damned impossible to watch full Sochi events? I can barely find clips on youtube!!

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Because of OP, not even the OP. The gang rape is just a bonus +5 to the worstness that this thread already is.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    IcyLiquid wrote: »

I blame Australia.

• Options
    This chat is over, everyone should bandwagon on the One True Chat ->

tCyoAIr.jpg

This discussion has been closed.