As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinny Arcade - Pinny Pal Community thread

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Pin tier for sure.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Pin tier FO LIFE YO!

• Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    So wait... is this $30 for 6 months? That's... not bad.

• Options
    NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    So, two things:

1. AWESOME Site update, looks so much better, and is just all around excellent.

2. $30 for 6 months? And a pin?! Done and done.

• Options
  • Options
    I'm assuming it might take a couple of minutes, but hopefully the forum badge shows up soon. I'd like to see how it looks.

• Options
    Considering the pin, 5% off all merch, $10 coupon, I'm very happy to spend $30 every 6 months on this.

I hope they have perks at PAX... and I hope they send out the pins soon

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Lord, that top banner.

Also can I still read the tycho/gabe posts for that day on one page? I kinda liked not having to do anything except open the main url.

But yeah, signing up when I can.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    Lord, that top banner.

Also can I still read the tycho/gabe posts for that day on one page? I kinda liked not having to do anything except open the main url.

But yeah, signing up when I can.

You mean the news posts? There's still two of them on the main page, and the rest are lined up under in case you want to read them.

• Options
    Hmm...did it ask anyone else an address? I'm kind've worried because usually that is done through PayPal and I have to manually change mine to the correct address....but it didn't ask this time.

Anyone else run into that?

• Options
    00Fayt00 wrote: »
    Hmm...did it ask anyone else an address? I'm kind've worried because usually that is done through PayPal and I have to manually change mine to the correct address....but it didn't ask this time.

Nope, nothing. They could always do a profile update later, can't say for sure though.

• Options

I went through Paypal also, but my address is usually correct there. Hopefully if you have any problems they sort it out!

There's still some questions I have also; How do we get the $10 off gift card, how do we apply the 5% discount, and some other stuff that will hopefully be addressed soon.

• Options
    You mean the news posts? There's still two of them on the main page, and the rest are lined up under in case you want to read them.

Yes but I have to open both individually to read them in full, I can't just scroll down the page (1st world problems I know). Actually it might help to see new posts, assuming it's newest at the top now.

Also; so it is going to be a yearly pin. Interesting.

• Options
    VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    I like the new site layout. Quite a bit, actually. Which surprises me because I'm usually the most vocal whenever my favorite sites get changed.

That said, I'm not fond of the fact that I have to click to a new page to read the entire blog post. I honestly enjoy reading the blog more than I do the comic, so I liked the way it used to be, all the day's entries just right there for you to scroll through.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • Options

Yes but I have to open both individually to read them in full, I can't just scroll down the page (1st world problems I know). Actually it might help to see new posts, assuming it's newest at the top now.

Ah, I get what you mean, yeah.

And yep, seems like every year that you contribute you get a pin. Wonder if its going to just be a "Year One", "Year Two" sort of deal or what.

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm sucker #1.

i-xFk6gdp.png

Looking forward to the new pin. It's almost a no brainer to join Club PA if you're a Pin Pal, the discount and pin are worth the $30 alone.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    "Vaanrose wrote: »
    That said, I'm not fond of the fact that I have to click to a new page to read the entire blog post. I honestly enjoy reading the blog more than I do the comic, so I liked the way it used to be, all the day's entries just right there for you to scroll through.

The problem that I found with this sometimes is when they used an old post and 'updated' it. For example, when they were streaming, mine wouldn't bring it to the correct spot, and so I wouldn't know that they were streaming that day.

Yearly in the sense that 2014/2015/2016, which will definitely be a better option then having it as a 'year 1' 'year 2' for how long people have been subscribed to it. It will make it a bit easier for people to get the pins. Also...it will give some of us a chance to get a second pin as trade fodder come August. ;)

00Fayt00 on
  • Options
    VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    Obviously next year's pin will be a Tycho shirt.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • Options
    Yearly in the sense that 2014/2015/2016, which will definitely be a better option then having it as a 'year 1' 'year 2' for how long people have been subscribed to it. It will make it a bit easier for people to get the pins. Also...it will give some of us a chance to get a second pin as trade fodder come August. ;)

Do you think they'll send a second pin to users who already received one for that year? Interesting..

• Options
    I presume that the new design is intended to be more tablet friendly. I like the layout, but not overly fond of everything being abbreviated.

• Options

Do you think they'll send a second pin to users who already received one for that year? Interesting..

Yes. The $30 perks I'm assuming will apply each time you sign up. Since it wouldn't be fair to 6 months from now say 'Nope! You get the $10 tier but are paying $30 for it". Since it is a 6 month membership, I see it as two separate transactions, and as such, you would receive two separate pins/$10 shop comp.

• Options
    Konig WolfKonig Wolf Registered User regular
    The new layout has a Pinny Arcade category when you go to select the shop drop down and a Pinny Arcade link at the top. There's also a link to the Pinny Arcade Twitter account. Hopefully this will lead to more people getting into Pinny Arcade so we have more people to interact and trade with.

• Options
    Has anybody tried using their 5% discount yet? It doesn't apply for items in my cart.

• Options

Yes. The $30 perks I'm assuming will apply each time you sign up. Since it wouldn't be fair to 6 months from now say 'Nope! You get the $10 tier but are paying $30 for it". Since it is a 6 month membership, I see it as two separate transactions, and as such, you would receive two separate pins/$10 shop comp.

I wonder if they're going to send out an email to already subscribed users to pay again to keep their subscription? This way they keep track of who already had it coming into Year Two vs. who's just coming in?

• Options

http://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2014/02/10/club-pa6

**UPDATE**

For those of you getting the 30+ membership, we will follow up to get your shipping address for the pin.

-Gabe out

• Options
    Imsorad wrote: »
    Has anybody tried using their 5% discount yet? It doesn't apply for items in my cart.

Doesn't seem like it works yet. It just released though, so I'd imagine it takes some time to iron out the details.

• Options
    verybluetardisverybluetardis Pins and coffee. Let's be friends. Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    $30 for pin AND perks? Done. I tried using the discount, too; not working. Slowly gathering materials as trade fodder for PAX....

• Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Vaanrose wrote: »
    I like the new site layout. Quite a bit, actually. Which surprises me because I'm usually the most vocal whenever my favorite sites get changed.

If you click on "news" that gets you a single scrolling page of all the current news posts.

• Options
    Imsorad wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like it works yet. It just released though, so I'd imagine it takes some time to iron out the details.

What? You mean to say that not every single thing is ready to go at the moment of relaunch? Unacceptable. I want my money back, right now! (joking)

In all seriousness though, it will probably take a little time to get everything functional. I'm just eager to save $1.50 on each new pin set.

• Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    Hey guys, click on the "More" button near the bottom of the page, just below the standard Twitter follow buttons. It drops down to display Twitter information for the rest of the PA staff and... well... looks like we've got a new Staff pin in the future after all?

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    If you scroll down from the main page and under FOLLOW PENNY ARCADE click "MORE" notice that each of the Twitter account links are Pinny Arcade Pin designs, and there is one for Kenneth (http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/185114/about-the-penny-arcade-job-posting/p1), I imagine this was in part because Ben leaving and the layout would look off with 11 images/links, but anyone know if this design has always existed or is new?

Hahaha vid you beat me XD

Konig Wolf on
  • Options
    AjaxonAjaxon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Konig Wolf wrote: »
    If you scroll down from the main page and under FOLLOW PENNY ARCADE click "MORE" notice that each of the Twitter account links are Pinny Arcade Pin designs, and there is one for Kenneth (http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/185114/about-the-penny-arcade-job-posting/p1), I imagine this was in part because Ben leaving and the layout would look off with 11 images/links, but anyone know if this design has always existed or is new?

Hahaha vid you beat me XD

I saw this too and wondered the same thing! I don't recall ever seeing something for Kenneth but that would make for a super rare pin especially if he is still on his way out.

• Options
    Interesting... I wonder if it'll just "replace" the Ben Kuchera pin, or just be 13/12 or something.

I better get a Ben pin at East D: (along with everyone else ofc)

• Options
    rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    The discount will be nice to buy a couple more core sets so I have stuff to trade to get staff pins. Wonder if we will get the discounts before pax east,.

• Options
    AAAAAAAH! I leave the house for 1 hour and the site comes up!

Home now, subscribed as soon as i saw it. $30 is an AMAZING deal imo. Even without the pin, if you're like me, and check the site at least once a day, there are some great benefits that make it more than worth it.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    KamelonKamelon Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Wow, the new site looks great, works fairly well on my phone, Club PA has heaps off stuff on offer and at reasonable prices AND the pin looks amazing.

Of course, I signed up. A lot of us are gound floor pin pals and now ground flor Club PA members too.

It's a great time to be a PA fan :)

Pinny Arcade Collection & Trades
    Heroic Coaching & Consulting - Personal Development & Coaching For Nerds

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6423-4833

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
  • Options
    As for new site design, im not sure yet. I kind of liked the 'bare bones' aproach to the now old site. Everything i wanted was 1 click away, and news posts and comics were separated by day, which i found to be very useful.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Site works really well on mobile, just fyi.

8fuuo_RK.png
This discussion has been closed.