As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinny Arcade - Pinny Pal Community thread

• Options
    DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    00Fayt00 wrote: »
    Yes. The $30 perks I'm assuming will apply each time you sign up. Since it wouldn't be fair to 6 months from now say 'Nope! You get the $10 tier but are paying $30 for it". Since it is a 6 month membership, I see it as two separate transactions, and as such, you would receive two separate pins/$10 shop comp.

While I'm sure we'll all have reason to use our $10 relatively quickly, if for some reason we haven't used it within 6 months do you think it will roll over when we top up our membership or be lost forever?

Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm wondering how long those vouchers will last actually.

• Options
    CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    I believe it's a gift card, and those usually have an expiration date longer than six months, if they have an expiration date at all. That's just conjecture, but I think it's likely to be separate $10 gift cards issued after each 6-month period.

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I think it will just be a discount code as usual. They sometimes have a time limit.

Also, what if you do $30 now, $10 later, do you still get a pin? Do you get a pin per payment, could it be toed to a date, say, be a member by this date and get year one pin, next date for year 2 etc. Just some things to think about, maybe add these to the next FAQ

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    If anyones wondering if their club PA payment went through, check if you can see the staff podcast. Works for me, downloading now :D

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    If anyones wondering if their club PA payment went through, check if you can see the staff podcast. Works for me, downloading now :D

On the main page where you click your username up top, it shows me that I'm in the 30+ category.

Time to look for this podcast though.

• Options
    Drayven_DarkoDrayven_Darko Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm wondering if there's a slim possibility of a new pin in six months. Otherwise why wouldn't you alternate between the two tiers (other than for trading stock). Maybe we'll get a tychocentric design with a similar 'year one 2014' banner...

Wishful thinking?

"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to 'Sparkle Motion'."
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular

Oh it's up already? Nice.

Also I see season 3 of DLC starts today! (well probably tomorrow for me).
    On the main page where you click your username up top, it shows me that I'm in the 30+ category.

Also you shouldn't have any ads.

Although if I refresh the page after it's loaded it seems to think I'm not a member temporarily.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

Oh it's up already? Nice.

Also I see season 3 of DLC starts today! (well probably tomorrow for me).

Also you shouldn't have any ads.

Although if I refresh the page after it's loaded it seems to think I'm not a member temporarily.

I use ad blockers, so they were never an issue anyway.

• Options
    OH MY GOD

PA THE SERIES, SEASON 4 AS WELL!!!!!!!

CAN THIS DAY GET ANY BETTER?

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    It's not showing for me on the site..

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Just confirmed on Twitch. Kenneth is getting a Pin!!

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Question about staff pins, will anyone be collecting a 'full' Staff set as part of a 2014 collection? Im thinking i'll just go for Kenneth. I guess this goes for any pin they decide to reuse. Like if Valentines pin gets used again next year would you buy it again?

Ayefkay on

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    OH MY GOD

But srsly it's not up yet right?

• Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Question about staff pins, will anyone be collecting a 'full' Staff set as part of a 2014 collection? Im thinking i'll just go for Kenneth. I guess this goes for any pin they decide to reuse. Like if Valentines pin gets used again next year would you buy it again?
    I don't think you can, I remember reading something about how they aren't doing staff pins anymore because it gets in the way of the staff doing their jobs.
    OH MY GOD

It's up if you're a ClubPA member.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I am.

Is it under the club PA site or something? The site seems to have forgotten I've signed up so I can't check right now..

EDIT: Just emailed support.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    OH MY GOD

It definitely is. Just watched it.

Go to PATV, then PA the series. Season 4 Episode 1 should be there if you are logged in, wont show up if you're not

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    You said Season 4 is up. I stopped hesitating. (As if I wasn't getting this in the first place.)

WELCOME TO THE CLUB. GO TEAM.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    It definitely is. Just watched it.

Go to PATV, then PA the series. Season 4 Episode 1 should be there if you are logged in, wont show up if you're not

Yeah I just emailed support. If I can get the front page to say I'm subscribed it forgets it when I load the video page.

• Options
    redfield85 wrote: »
    You said Season 4 is up. I stopped hesitating. (As if I wasn't getting this in the first place.)

WELCOME TO THE CLUB. GO TEAM.

It's a fantastic deal any way you look at it. Absolute no-brainer for Pin Pals especially.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I am going to assume that 2014 pin will be for the first set of 6 month memberships (basically, until next February). And then if you re-new next February, you get Year Two - 2015 (which I would assume would be a Tycho shirt version).

Not sure if anyone bothered to post the Club PA pin.

i-xFk6gdp.png

edit: I see myself just getting all the Club PA pins and them having their own little shadow box. I can't wait.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    I would love it if this pin stayed the same shape every year, with alternating Gabe and Tycho colours and centre image. A whole row of theses would look rad!

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Ideally, you would have something like...

2014 - Gabe design
    2015 - Tycho design
    2016 - Fruit Fucker design
    2017 - CTS design
    2018 - Lookouts design
    2019 - Etc, etc

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Well logging out and then back in seems to have fixed my issues with the site, so that's good.

• Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    I am going to assume that 2014 pin will be for the first set of 6 month memberships (basically, until next February). And then if you re-new next February, you get Year Two - 2015 (which I would assume would be a Tycho shirt version).

This doesn't make sense to me. The first set of people signing up would have memberships ending in August. Hence if you RE-register for a 6 month membership for the 30+ to me if would be as though it is a whole different membership, and you would get two pins, and also two $10 store comps. Otherwise, as someone said, it wouldn't make any sense to even resign up for the $30 and you'd just do the $10.

On top of that, I think it would be difficult for them to say 'oh, this person already has a pin and got a $10 gift cert, they don't get another this year', it would just be a pain to track. If they just give a pin per subscription that is the only thing(in my mind) that would make sense, and would be rather easy(compared to alternatives) to track.

• Options
    Midas244Midas244 Registered User regular
    Sent a message to customer services at Club PA, I'll let you know what they say:

Hi,

The pin info on the PA club offering page states:
    Each year, members that contribute $30 or more will receive an exclusive, Club PA Pinny Arcade Pin shipped right to their door!

If I subscribe twice in one year at the $30 level do I get two copies of the pin (and $10 voucher)? I'm confused because a subscription is for six months but the reward is annually.

• Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular

I'm going for one of every pin. The year variants don't matter to me since I'll never flip my pins over and lovingly rub the year stamp. They're all mounted up already.

• Options
    surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself as I don't post on the forums very often. I'm Scott, and I've been collecting pins since PAX East last year. I'm not super hardcore about it, but I'm proud of my collection so far: http://www.pinnypals.com/?tab=pals&username=scott

I'll be at PAX East again this year and looking forward to maybe trading some pins with this great community. :)

• Options
    00Fayt00 wrote: »

This doesn't make sense to me. The first set of people signing up would have memberships ending in August. Hence if you RE-register for a 6 month membership for the 30+ to me if would be as though it is a whole different membership, and you would get two pins, and also two $10 store comps. Otherwise, as someone said, it wouldn't make any sense to even resign up for the $30 and you'd just do the $10.

On top of that, I think it would be difficult for them to say 'oh, this person already has a pin and got a $10 gift cert, they don't get another this year', it would just be a pain to track. If they just give a pin per subscription that is the only thing(in my mind) that would make sense, and would be rather easy(compared to alternatives) to track.

Hence why you don't do it. Do you REALLY need two PA Club pins that are EXACTLY the same? Not everyone is as into the pins as some of you. If you want to sign up for $30 again just for $10 store credit and the pin, I am sure they won't care. It is your money.

So, you sign up for $30. You get your pin and credit. Subscription expires in August. You sign up again for $30 again because you are nuts. You get another pin and credit. Unless otherwise stated by the PA team, that makes the most sense and is how I view it currently.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Hence why you don't do it. Do you REALLY need two PA Club pins that are EXACTLY the same? Not everyone is as into the pins as some of you. If you want to sign up for $30 again just for $10 store credit and the pin, I am sure they won't care. It is your money.

So, you sign up for $30. You get your pin and credit. Subscription expires in August. You sign up again for $30 again because you are nuts. You get another pin and credit. Unless otherwise stated by the PA team, that makes the most sense and is how I view it currently.

What's nuts about that? Some of us might want a second pin to trade down the road.

• Options
    Midas244Midas244 Registered User regular
    Jamie confirmed via twitch: if you do two $30 club PA subscriptions in a year you'll get two vouchers and two of the first year pin. Every year it seems will be a new pin.

• Options
    I just got my club PA email for the 5% off discount code (it's a permanent code you have, you just have to save it/enter it for every order), and it came with the $10 off code too.

Yay!

• Options
    Yep, got my email too! Using these on pins on next release!

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    KamelonKamelon Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I was really busy yesterday so it didn't click till just now how the Club PA logo seems to be based on the infamous watch. I knew it looked familiar, but it only really struck me now as I was looking at the logo, rather than the pin. Anyway, that's pretty cool and the pin is awesome. I think this'll be one of my new favourites.

And in relation to my earlier post, this is one where I potentially would sign up for $30 again in 6 months, to have one pin for my collection and one to wear around as a sign of membership (so if it does fall of, that's sad but I've still got my other one in my collection). *starts looking up those posts on locking pin backs anyway*

Pinny Arcade Collection & Trades
    Heroic Coaching & Consulting - Personal Development & Coaching For Nerds

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6423-4833

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
  • Options
    what is this......"infamous watch"..... you speak of...

I think i would do $30 all the time. It really isn't that much more for a 6 month time frame. If it were monthly, id definitely cut down. Also the extra pin and discounts make up for it i feel.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    what is this......"infamous watch"..... you speak of...

I think i would do $30 all the time. It really isn't that much more for a 6 month time frame. If it were monthly, id definitely cut down. Also the extra pin and discounts make up for it i feel.

Yep, true. It basically pays for itself.

The watch I'm referring to is The Pac-Man Watch that Gabe and Tycho fight over in the comics sometimes.

A good picture of it (or a variation) is on the TF2 wiki, where you could win this item by beating Tycho in Poker Night at the Inventory.

EDIT: Ha, just noticed if you view a comic on the new site and scroll down, there's an ad for Club PA and the logo there actually has a little bit poking out the right-hand side, that looks a lot like the little bit you use to adjust a watch.

Kamelon on

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
  • Options
    ooooh, right! I have that item too.....

Now I want it even more :( (if that were even possible)

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    ooooh, right! I have that item too.....

Now I want it even more :( (if that were even possible)

I know, right? I was enamoured with it immediately anyway, but then this just made it even cooler :D

• Options
    Also, Club PA pins won't be out before East. Before Prime? Yes. All from the stream today.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Also, Club PA pins won't be out before East. Before Prime? Yes. All from the stream today.

Oh, good to know. I assumed it would be sooner. Hard to guess sometimes, when they'll ship. Like, the 15th Anniversary Pins shipped that day, but it's good to know these will take longer. I know some people have gone a little crazy camping their letterboxes for pins. Right, @Ayefkay? ;)

This discussion has been closed.