As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Bros Brawl! "...the two of them get along great! ...I think.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Sakurai will post some Solid Snake info soon right

Right?

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Dammit. I guess the franchise getting cut is Game and Watch then. :(

Are you kidding me? If this update doesn't simply scream "all of the characters in Melee are returning", nothing will.

This the crowd that insists that everyone we've seen is unlocked from the start because all unlockable characters won't be shown. Because...well...no reason, just cuz.

I'm thinking this stuff is all unlocked. Probably. I know as much as any of you know. Which is Jack shit.

I'm also thinking that either

A.

Snake is one of the first characters

or

B.

SNAKE WILL BE IMPOSSIBLY HARD TO UNLOCK, even moreso because I am not going on any board that tells me how to do anything smash related.

Also, Captain Falcon is cut.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    DirtchamberDirtchamber Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ice Climbers are neato, but I'm starting to lose all hope for Advance Wars. :(

Dirtchamber on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I can't imagine why Falcon would be cut, but I would hardly mind.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I can't imagine why Falcon would be cut, but I would hardly mind.

Another joke.

If you've been paying attention, the Captain is the only character left that fits in a rather odd category (Snake too, but his New challenger opening was in the first video)

Captain Falcon has a character from his universe in the game, but he has not been announced. He is the most likely character to be announced at any given time.

Now that I've explained this bad joke, it is no longer funny.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Tournament play has it's perks, but nothing beats a 1v1v1v1 match between friends.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited September 2007
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Tournament play has it's perks, but nothing beats a 1v1v1v1 match between friends.

except maybe a 1 on 1 on 1 match. More dickery and collusion.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So I have to pop in here and say one thing: ICE CLIMBERS D:D: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11one~~`!1!!!

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Dammit. I guess the franchise getting cut is Game and Watch then. :(

Are you kidding me? If this update doesn't simply scream "all of the characters in Melee are returning", nothing will.

This the crowd that insists that everyone we've seen is unlocked from the start because all unlockable characters won't be shown. Because...well...no reason, just cuz.

How is that any less reasonable than thinking that the game is being designed so that when people play a 32 man tourney, they won't get a repeat character? There's no basis for either.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • Options
    RaNcIdPsYcHoJoShRaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    When do you guys think they'll announce New Challenger: Vectorman?

RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Oh fuck I loved Vectorman

But he was on the Genesis wasn't he?

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So was Sonic, but he's in!
    see what I did thar?

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Seriously though, Vectorman kicked ass back in the day

He shot stuff from his hands and he transformed into shit like a scorpion

He would actually make a pretty great Smash character

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    CymoroCymoro Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    AHAHAHAHAHA

Fuck all y'all who said they were going to be dropped.

Cymoro on
    i am perpetual, i make the country clean
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Olivaw wrote: »

Oh fuck I loved Vectorman

But he was on the Genesis wasn't he?

Yes, but both his games were unlockables in a Sonic game collection for the GameCube... so he has been on a Nintendo console, which means he's definitely in.

RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh on
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    the only character that needs a drop is Pichu, the rest of the clones just need retooled move sets

Franko on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Pichu and Dr. Mario should really just be alternate costumes.

RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh on
  • Options
    areaarea Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Pichu and black labcoat Dr. Mario should really just be alternate costumes.

Fixed.

area on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh cool, I was wrong.

Seriously, that's awesome.

Elendil on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Probability of returning Game and Watch cheers me.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh thank god they didn't cut the ICs.

Now we just need confirmation that G&W is comin' back and we can rest at ease.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Lightning Shield!Lightning Shield! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Christ, I nearly fell off my fucking chair. Consider my words (and possibly my cock) being truly eaten. I was certain the IC were getting cut. :o

Lightning Shield! on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    area wrote: »
    Pichu and FUCKING DR. MARIO HIMSELF should really just be alternate costumes.

Fixed.

Re-fixed.

RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ice Climbers coming back doesn't convince me everyone's returning.

Marth and Young Link coming back will convince me everyone's returning.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I want WW link instead of Young.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I just had a thought. Haven't seen anyone mention this one, amazingly:

NEWCOMER
    ELITE BEAT AGENTS

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Vangu VegroVangu Vegro Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Now we just need confirmation that Mewtwo and G&W are comin' back and we can rest at ease.

Vangu Vegro on
    In my PC: Ryzom, Diablo III, Naruto Shippuden UNSR, The Old Republic
    In my 3DS: Super Smash Bros, AC New Leaf
    Last game completed: Steamworld Dig
  • Options
    Cojo MojoCojo Mojo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    I just had a thought. Haven't seen anyone mention this one, amazingly:

NEWCOMER
    ELITE BEAT AGENTS

You just blew my mind.

Although I'd still prefer some Advance Wars lovin.

Cojo Mojo on
  • Options
    NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nice, ice climbers can be pretty fun.

Hey, if Sonic makes the game, what do you think our chances are of seeing a NiGHTS assist trophy?

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Options
    EddieDeanEddieDean Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm not much of a fan, but I'd be suprised if Viewtiful Joe doesn't make it in.

It just seems like he'd fit really well.

EddieDean on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Now we just need confirmation that Mewtwo is the PT's Final Smash, the coolest one ever, and G&W are comin' back and we can rest at ease.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ice Climbers! The motherfuckin' Ice Climbers! And I mean that in a good way!

Plus Mr. Game and Watch, probably. Woot! Fuck you, Gamefaqs guy! Sakurai, you've made me a happy man. Cut all the clones you want.

....maybe not Gannondorf.

Oh wait, still gotta hold my breath for Mewtwo. Well, still.

Edit: Just because most tournament people hated Ice Climbers and Game and Watch doesn't mean a majority of people did.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Gannondorf is almost as much of a clone as Luigi is. Sure, he may have the same moves as someone else, but they sure as shit don't play the same.

That being said, it's not there are any lack of different moves or looks you could give gannon. TP gannon, WW gannon, pig monster gannon. He's an easy as hell character to reinvent.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Gannondorf is almost as much of a clone as Luigi is. Sure, he may have the same moves as someone else, but they sure as shit don't play the same.

That being said, it's not there are any lack of different moves or looks you could give gannon. TP gannon, WW gannon, pig monster gannon. He's an easy as hell character to reinvent.

That was my biggest problem with Ganondorf, he didn't play that similarly to C. Falcon, but I wanted him to use his sword for fighting, not just for posing after the fight.
    Edit: Hi5 Peewi

LewieP on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

I think they'll use the TP version of Ganondorf like they did with Link and Zelda. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't have the sword he uses in TP.

Peewi on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

That crowd is just me! The reason is that no previously unlockable characters have yet been shown, and with Sakurai's posting order of "no order", this would very likely have happened by now.

This theory was created because as time goes by, more and more people seem convinced Jigglypuff didn't make the cut, and this is just a possible explanation for its absence. Earlier I think you said that if some veteran unlocks were posted then I would insist that they too were unlocked from the start. I assure you this would not be the case.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    BlueBlue wrote: »

That crowd is just me! The reason is that no previously unlockable characters have yet been shown, and with Sakurai's posting order of "no order", this would very likely have happened by now.

There's one little problem with this theory:

Sakurai. The man is nuts. I wouldn't put anything past him.

And just because a character was locked/unlocked in Melee doesn't mean they'll have the same status in Brawl. Captain Falcon and Ness had to be unlocked in the original Smash, but they were starters in Melee.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    BlueBlue wrote: »

There's one little problem with this theory:

Sakurai. The man is nuts. I wouldn't put anything past him.

And just because a character was locked/unlocked in Melee doesn't mean they'll have the same status in Brawl. Captain Falcon and Ness had to be unlocked in the original Smash, but they were starters in Melee.

I'm pretty sure that the easy to unlock characters (like Jigglypuff and Marth were in Melee) will be shown, and the impossible-to-unlock characters (like G&W or Mewtwo were) will not, simply because otherwise they'll run out of characters soon.

And why did anyone think that the Ice Climbers were out? They've got their own moveset! If anyone's getting cut, it's the stupid clone characters, like Roy, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Young Link, etc.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    piccpicc Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    ICE CLIMBERS ICE CLIMBERS ICE CLIMBERS

picc on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So, it needs to be said again for maximum clarity:

The franchise list is organized SSB -> SSB:M -> SSB:B. ??? between Fire Emblem and Ice Climbers = Game & Watch is back! Fuck the haters.

Zek on