As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Tangled Up

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2014 in Camp Weedonwantcha

imageCamp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Tangled Up

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• SeznegSezneg Registered User regular
    At first I thought the cat was waving at me. Also Brian seems to take direction a little too well...

• etherealizeetherealize Registered User new member
    The expression on the bat's face completely made this entire thing for me. The little dejected frown in panel six is so adorable.

• BaronbrianBaronbrian Registered User regular
    Well Brian certainly seems to want to help. Even though in this case MAYBE he shouldn't be.

• Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    Brian is the Luca Brasi of this post apocalyptic (?) world.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Look, Brian is *always* helping.

• hajenhajen Registered User regular
    interesting... Does Brian's hoodie have a bag of infinite holding sewn into the pockets?

I assume all hoodie pockets are infinite in capacity.

• KaZeFenrirKaZeFenrir Registered User regular
    I think Bryan has done this many, many times, and keeps his hand on his straight razor just in case he has to mercy kill a friend again.

• KreylKreyl Registered User regular
    I like that it's ambiguous whether that last sentence was coming from Malachi or the bat.

I will also note that in the "please don't kill me" panel, the bat has an adorable "not want be here" face.

• mushymushy Unprofessional Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Is that a cat or an Alien wearing a whistle!

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Um...was Brian going to kill Malachi or just cut the bat out of his hair? I have a feeling that it was the former, but that sort of changes my opinion of him a bit. Also love that this strip has a joke almost every other panel.

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    please make that bat a regular character :P Just like... Have it live in his hair forever! LOVE the different expressions it has in each panel.

• cubbylostboycubbylostboy Registered User regular
    I don't think Brian was really going to off Malachi, I think it's probably a bit of payback for Malachi's willingness to sacrifice Brian to the bears. You know, just a bit of good natured fun resulting in a few seconds of terror.

edited February 2014
    I think it's as simple as the fact that Brian does what he's told, and he was told to kill Malachi.

Kreyl on
  • KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    Kreyl wrote: »
    I will also note that in the "please don't kill me" panel, the bat has an adorable "not want be here" face.

You guys have no idea how happy it makes me when people notice the little things. :]

• d20 despotd20 despot Registered User new member
    Katie! Camp Weedonwantcha is so good! I was rooting for you all through Strip Search and I'm really glad this is what came out of it. (I wanted to wait until there was a good archive built up before I started reading. The PA site redesign reminded me to check it out, and you are now in my webcomics bookmarks!)

• DecitronDecitron Registered User regular
    I'm a little worried that this is a glimpse into why Brian is at Camp Weedonwantcha.

Decitron wrote: »
    I'm a little worried that this is a glimpse into why Brian is at Camp Weedonwantcha.
    LOOK BRIAN IS HELPING OK? :)

• hajenhajen Registered User regular
    KatieJRice wrote: »

You guys have no idea how happy it makes me when people notice the little things. :]

do you mean how the bat's unhappy face turns into an I'm peeved at you (what with the 'angry' eyebrows and extended frown), 17, for suggesting that I'm incompetent in my bathoodness* - it is still tangled in the hair, isn't it? :|

* i so parsed this into bath oodness, but i let it be.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    hajen wrote: »
    KatieJRice wrote: »

do you mean how the bat's unhappy face turns into an I'm peeved at you (what with the 'angry' eyebrows and extended frown), 17, for suggesting that I'm incompetent in my bathoodness* - it is still tangled in the hair, isn't it? :|

* i so parsed this into bath oodness, but i let it be.

I'm so hoping the bat stays in his hair for the next few strips, even if they have nothing to do with the bat.

• mushymushy Unprofessional Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Katie it's cold, We want the hoodie pleease

• djlowballerdjlowballer Registered User regular
    I just caught up after being away from the internet for a month. You keep killing each strip as expected. Great work!

• LordZoddLordZodd Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Good call on linking to this on the main PA page. I hadn't been keeping tabs on Camp Weedonwantcha lately and was very pleasantly surprised to see that there were 65 amazing comics for me to devour. I even registered and everything to be able to post my support.

*SUPPORT*

Okay, imagine that support with vibrant colours and maybe sparkles, perhaps even a quiet clapping from a large crowd that gets louder and louder as people stand from their seats in speechless appreciation. The slamming together of their fleshy hands the only response their awe stricken minds can conceive of.

I just texted my brother, with whom I watched all of Strip Search with, and demanded that he read these comics immediately. He was rooting for you since the first episode and I was like, she was sent to elimination the first two times, she will never make it. That being said, I am stoked times ten to the twenty three that you won and this comic has been bookmarked with the other web comics I keep up with. I sincerely look forward to your future works :)

LordZodd on
  • Balaan WrathBalaan Wrath Registered User regular
    Sweet baby Gozer, that bat is cute as hell.

• GeekBabelGeekBabel Registered User regular
    I often forget malachi is a boy

• AskmeaboutLOOMAskmeaboutLOOM There Can Be Only One. Oklahoma Oklahoma Oklahoma...city, county, state.Registered User regular
    With the curve on the implement Brian's withdrawing, I'm thinking it's a soup ladle. He's trying to be helpful, and make a delicious bat stew!

• dague13dague13 Registered User new member
    I HAVE FOUND THE CAT. Fear my cat finding prowess, mortals. In dedication to my greatness, here is a photo of me. http://i.tcgplayer.com/78846.jpg
    You're welcome.
    In all seriousness though, I only found this comic today and I already read them all, and I look forward to more. Keep up the great work! Also, quick question, is there a cat in every strip? Sometimes I can't find any...

• XevoXevo Registered User regular
    Yes @Dague13, every single strip since the box with the feral cats was air dropped has had a cat in it. Some of them are very tricky and like to hide waaaaaay off in the background though!

• HUNRoninHUNRonin Registered User regular
    WOW. That bat is just really displeased, he's all >:C

• tinwatchmantinwatchman Registered User regular
    That is a brilliant expression on Brian's face. "Welp. Here we go again..."

• Dennis D.Dennis D. West Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    skeep

• The oneThe one Registered User regular
    I once got a slug stuck in my hair. I know how Malachi feels.

• ReiskaReiska Registered User regular
    The bat feels skeeppy, around warm and fuzzy place there is much fear and fear makes a bad trip.

He is not well.

• XerosXeros Registered User new member
    Long hair isn't girly.