As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Murder Mansion] An Experimental Phalla-esque Game Over (NoizRnel Victory!)

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    jpants for sure

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    jpants for sure

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    jpants[b/]
    because why not?

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    You killed me while I was on the shitter? Poor form!

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    TA

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Obifett

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Sure, jpants

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    JPants

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Haha, had a nice drunk post from last night saved in my draft
    Luckily I missed the post button

T A

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Okay, one more deadline bump to 1:00 PM PST tomorrow

@Matev, @Kristmas Kthulhu

mi-go hunter on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Sorry, snow flurry kept me from gettin my vote on.

Jpants is indeed the clear choice here.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    deadline is 1PM today, correct? I can't tell if tomorrow means today (Monday) or tomorrow (Tuesday) since the post was edited at 12:19 AM.

Pretty sure it's today yeah

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Fuck, what's going on? Did Jpants steal someone's pants?

Night 10

Tonight, the vote overwhelmingly tipped in favor of Jpants. He always had a strange glint in his eye that seemed to reveal murderous intent, and this trait was used against him today.

The master gave an audible sigh of disappointment before uttering, "Wrong, poor poor fools. I question your lack of judgment in these trials. Now @JPants, you look eager to off someone. Be my guest!"

The Anonymous, Matev, Obifett, Phyphor, Kristmas Kthulhu, Egos, and Ketbra waited anxiously while digesting perhaps the last meal they will ever have.

Day 11 begins! Send in orders to murder away. After Jpants makes his decision, keep in mind that only 10 players remain!

Last in, First out. Sorry Kristmas Kthulhu

We are really bad at this

edited February 2014
    To be fair...this is just a guessing game. there are no vote records to really go off or anything really.

Everyone can stay silent and just put down a vote (and that's basically what's been happening) and as long as they avoid a tie. They're fine.

Egos on
    I think that there could maybe be some meta-"I wonder why he voted for him and not the front runner DID HE KNOW SOMETHING OR DID HE JUST NOT WANT TO DIE"-analysis but honestly... it's still kinda a crapshoot

premium wrote: »
    I think that there could maybe be some meta-"I wonder why he voted for him and not the front runner DID HE KNOW SOMETHING OR DID HE JUST NOT WANT TO DIE"-analysis but honestly... it's still kinda a crapshoot

Yeah I kinda went with that...awhile ago : hey guys notice how nobody who might be guilty is voting for the main dude. But considering the randomness of killing and such and the fact that the people who get away with it get more power, there is nothing to really deter it. Now if you could say kill people the same night that the voting is going down...then you might get more "have to blend in" etc. Would help with the pacing of this game a bit also.

Anyway I think a game where everyone is an unconditional SK is a bit problematic. And after watching Clue on netflix and playing this, I have a need for a Clue Phalla

I think it might work better if you get judgement points if you vote for the right target whether or not they win the vote. As it is, I can't kill anyone because I'm the only poison left - nobody else would use poison as a second type so if poison shows up everyone likely just votes me anyway. So, my optimal strategy right now is to jump on the winning bandwagon, whether or not it's right

All good suggestions guys, thanks. :) Let's see how this game plays out first and then I will tweak with the mechanics further.

Phyphor wrote: »
    I think it might work better if you get judgement points if you vote for the right target whether or not they win the vote. As it is, I can't kill anyone because I'm the only poison left - nobody else would use poison as a second type so if poison shows up everyone likely just votes me anyway. So, my optimal strategy right now is to jump on the winning bandwagon, whether or not it's right

In theory that would be good, but then you would know who to kill if you suddenly got an update on Judgement. Granted with the current set-up one would want to keep it to themselves potentially so they can get the kill and there is no technical "voting out" even if someone is a past murderer.

edited February 2014
    Egos wrote: »
    Anyway I think a game where everyone is an unconditional SK is a bit problematic. And after watching Clue on netflix and playing this, I have a need for a Clue Phalla
    Stay tuned...

premium on

In theory that would be good, but then you would know who to kill if you suddenly got an update on Judgement. Granted with the current set-up one would want to keep it to themselves potentially so they can get the kill and there is no technical "voting out" even if someone is a past murderer.

Wait, I thought the only murderer you could catch was the previous days' one. So it wouldn't matter, since they would have successfully gotten away with it

Wait, I thought the only murderer you could catch was the previous days' one. So it wouldn't matter, since they would have successfully gotten away with it

But you would know to murder them and thus assimilate them *insert horror music*

granted Judgement> Killing for some reason when it's down to 1 vs 1.. You think the trained killer would have an advantage over the detective.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    We are really bad at this

By this stage the stench of death has pervaded the room for so long that the remaining guests only notice a pervading suffocating blanket diffused through the room.
    The flies, that have been collecting within and around the corpse for several days, have now taken to landing on the guests themselves, seeking moisture that the bag of bones in the middle of the room lacks.

edited February 2014
    Day 12

It came as no surprise for the residents of the mansion that the next victim was Jpants. He lied dead in his own bunk, a strange colored foam bubbling out of his mouth. In addition, his chest bled severely from several bullet holes. The stakes were getting higher, with only nine players left in the mansion they had to make a decision.

mi-go hunter on
    premium is testing us!

maybe

premium

Boom

Analyze that vote

Matev

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Nah man, it's gotta be Phyphor

• NoizRnelNoizRnel Registered User regular
    I'll go with the majority right now - premium