As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV:ARR] Old 2.15 Patch thread.

• Wicked Uncle ErnieWicked Uncle Ernie Registered User regular
    You people are delusional. Vanity will require running Copperbell 3 times on two different jobs, chasing a Moogle halfway across Eoreza and back, then waiting on 5 FATEs to spawn, which will be bugged and only spawn once every 97 minutes.

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    You people are delusional. Vanity will require running Copperbell 3 times on two different jobs, chasing a Moogle halfway across Eoreza and back, then waiting on 5 FATEs to spawn, which will be bugged and only spawn once every 97 minutes.

Well yeah but we're talking about AFTER all that obviously ;)

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    am0n wrote: »
    Dressing up my Catgirl doll is why I pay SE the big bucks.

And it's why I have broken down in recent weeks and intend to give them the big bucks very soon.

Couldn't resist the blue, could you?

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Dressing up my Catgirl doll is why I pay SE the big bucks.

And it's why I have broken down in recent weeks and intend to give them the big bucks very soon.

Couldn't resist the blue, could you?

Nope. Your character inspired my artistic mind. I needed one of my own.

488W936.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Just completed Cutter's Cry yesterday.

The dungeon itself is pretty dull, but that was a fun final boss. Probably one of my favorite boss fights so far.

IKknkhU.gif
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    The other thing that got me to this point was that I've played a lot of beta or alpha games/MMOs lately and I'm kind of hankering for a finished product (insofar as an MMO can ever be finished), and EQN Landmark as well feels more like a Minecraft game then an MMO and doesn't quite scratch that MMO itch, even though I still enjoy it for what it is. FF14 seems to have a healthy and active community to join in even after being around a few months. It's heartening to see, especially given what 1.0 was. This game really is a realm reborn!

Also Axen is playing/just remade his character on the PA Legacy server and there's lot of people here like Delphi that I've never had the pleasure of playing a game with so I relish that opportunity too.

488W936.png
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    PS4 Beta Details!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DoWERpPz9ug

Beta Info
    Phase 1: February 22nd to March 3rd.
    Phase 2: April 4th to April 7th.
    Japanese Standard Time assumed for all dates.
    The beta will be accessible for everyone with a PS4, and directly downloadable from PlayStation Store.
    There will be a character wipe after phase 1.
    Players who made their character in beta phase two will be able to bring this data to the retail version.
    PS3 and PC players of FFXIV will be able to transfer character data to the PS4 (please note that this is only necessary for the beta — in the retail version, all players will play on the same servers).
    PS4 features

Upgraded graphics on the PS4 in glorious 1080p (see trailer).
    PS Vita Remote Play — craft, gather, and play wherever you go. OMG OMG OMG OMG
    Share-support — stream your gameplay or share screenshots.
    Mouse & Keyboard Support — switching over from a PC? No problem!
    Touchpad-Support — the touchpad of Dualshock 4 is fully supported.

It looks like the graphical upgrade will not be in the beta though.

Jubal77 on
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    ...and there's lot of people here like Delphi that I've never had the pleasure of playing a game with so I relish that opportunity too.

You have to be careful around Delph. He likes to cop a feel at inappropriate times. My Nightmare is still recovering from the encounter.

am0n on
    ...and there's lot of people here like Delphi that I've never had the pleasure of playing a game with so I relish that opportunity too.

You have to be careful around Delph. He likes to cop a feel at inappropriate times. My Nightmare is still recovering from the encounter.

Lies and Slander! I have photographic proof that it's Sionnach that tries to cop a feel on everyone. I'm being framed!

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png

Careful around him? He'll need to be careful around me.

Also it's hard to cop a feel when your target is wearing thick plates of metal and leather.

488W936.png
    I'm so close to participating in Coils.

Just 8 more levels...

IKknkhU.gif

Careful around him? He'll need to be careful around me.

Also it's hard to cop a feel when your target is wearing thick plates of metal and leather.

Ha! Just wait until you get your Coliseum gear....

With Vanity stuff, I can't wait to see all my options. I wouldn't mind trying out some Garlean looks but with brighter dye colours.

488W936.png
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Just 8 more levels...

Hopefully you have a healthy amount of Philosophy Tomes saved up or have some armor from CT :)

edited February 2014
    Interesting interview with Yoshi P on the PS4 Beta announcement. There was also a question asked of him about the use of Parsers in FFXIV on PC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-WXYg-S05U

Relevant bit starts at 6:05 but the tl;dr is basically "We don't officially endorse external tools used in the game, and stuff like hacks or bots that automate simple tasks we will have to ban, but we understand people on PC like to use things like Parsers to enjoy the game. And while we can't say it's ok to use them, we realize people do use them, but if you do use them you should be discreet about it. People going around bragging 'I use this tool' are probably going to get hurt. We're all adults here."

So, SOP is: First rule of using a Parser, don't talk about using a Parser. And FFS don't go ragging on random players about how low or high their numbers are, that's just rude regardless.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular

Just 8 more levels...

and 2 storyline trials, and 3 hard mode primals..

Jars wrote: »

Just 8 more levels...

And a Falafell in a pear tree.

Just 8 more levels...

Aaaaaaah, noooo, stop ruining the moment.

IKknkhU.gif
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

Just 8 more levels...

You're acting as if you won't have a few people volunteering to get you through it all in two hours.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Make sure to have a few snacks for the final dungeon and credits.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

Just 8 more levels...

You're acting as if you won't have a few people volunteering to get you through it all in two hours.

And if you're gonna be doing the Hardmode Primals you might as well get your relic up to that point first which means Chimera, Hydra, an AK run and killing a couple dozen mobs in a place that depends on your class plus probably steps I am forgetting.

• drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    My internet decided to die out right before the weekly Coil run! Looks like my guild is going to have to bring in that other Paladin. And I bet my pants drop this week too!

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2014
    Weaver to 25! I am powering through it!

ffyj.jpg

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    Bought game. Bri is now in the process of aiding me in weaving my way through Square Enix's labyrinthine maze of websites and convoluted ID login systems so I can register the game on my account and play tonight sometime.

488W936.png
    edited February 2014

Just 8 more levels...

Oh, yeah, I'm sure I will. I'm just being dramatic.

In other news, I got Copperbell Mines for my roulette tonight. Three experienced players + 1 very new dragoon. Probably their first character, since they didn't seem to have a good grasp of the various systems that come into play when you're doing dungeons. Turns out Copperbell is actually a pretty useful training area for rookie melee-ers, since you learn: 1) to avoid all AoEs (or the bombs will kill you); 2) some enemies have attacks that cleave, so you shouldn't just stand in front of the tank; and 3) there's this ability called a Limit Break that--as a DPS--you really need to have on your hotbar.

We made it through okay, and thankfully everyone was nice to the newbie. Our tank taught them how to do the bosses, and I taught them about cleaves and how/when to use Limit Breaks. The AoE thing they learned the hard way.

Feels good to help.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    Success, after a few resets of passwords and guesswork. I am now patching the client.

488W936.png
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2014
    xgt9.jpg

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    I fell asleep in my chair waiting for the patch to conclude and will probably be on sometime tomorrow afternoon instead. I didn't realize how tired I was until I stopped programming and promptly shut down.

488W936.png
    edited February 2014
    The Final Stretch for FC Housing is upon us!

Hello GHOSTs!

We have had a phenomenal turnout of donations from all of you and have raised a total of 53 million Gil! We are getting close to being able to purchase the Large house and Mansion but we still need your help!

The prices for the housing will be at their absolute lowest on March 17th, however the chance of us getting the plot that we want is very slim if we wait that long because other FCs are also waiting for that final price drop. That's why we need to try and raise enough Gil in the next 2 weeks to get the desired plot. This means we will be paying a bit more, but I think if we all pool together for this last push we can get an awesome plot of land and an awesome house to go on it!

That's where you come in, if you've been holding back or waiting to see how far we got, this is the time to donate! We need to raise another 22 million in the next 2 weeks to get the 75 Million we need to get the large plot and the large house. It's a decent chunk of Gil but I believe that if every one of you pool together for this last push that we can hit the goal. Every little bit helps no matter how small so if you have any Gil to spare please consider donating it to the Company Chest located in each major city. If you don't have any Gil you can always get Piesteskin Maps and send those to Alethia, Sionnach, Ivence, or Myself for our weekly map runs. If you don't have access to maps, you can also spiritbond gear that we have set up for you in Tab 3 of the Company chest and sell the Materia on the market (try to sell Materia during the week as the prices plummet on the weekends). Anything that you can contribute is greatly appreciated and at the moment there really isn't much in game to actually spend Gil on beyond the housing. I know quite a few people have been donating everything they earn beyond a base level of Gil (200k for example) but without the effort of each and every one of you we won't be able to get the housing you all want and it will be snatched up by other FCs that have been waiting for lower prices. The people we know have been stockpiling Gil have already put everything they have into this (some have put in upwards of 10 million!) so we're really down to this final push to get whatever we can in the time we have left. We've got to act quickly so please help if you can, our goal is to hit 75 Million by February 28th!

We can do this! (also don't forget to vote on the final plot choice on the FC website! )

SbGhw6T.jpg

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
    edited February 2014

Just 8 more levels...

Oh, yeah, I'm sure I will. I'm just being dramatic.

In other news, I got Copperbell Mines for my roulette tonight. Three experienced players + 1 very new dragoon. Probably their first character, since they didn't seem to have a good grasp of the various systems that come into play when you're doing dungeons. Turns out Copperbell is actually a pretty useful training area for rookie melee-ers, since you learn: 1) to avoid all AoEs (or the bombs will kill you); 2) some enemies have attacks that cleave, so you shouldn't just stand in front of the tank; and 3) there's this ability called a Limit Break that--as a DPS--you really need to have on your hotbar.

We made it through okay, and thankfully everyone was nice to the newbie. Our tank taught them how to do the bosses, and I taught them about cleaves and how/when to use Limit Breaks. The AoE thing they learned the hard way.

Feels good to help.

If you are ever curious, if you right click their name and View Search Info, you can see what classes they have. Not so much to use it negatively, but if you are wondering if someone is new or trolling, it helps figure out which.

am0n on
    The game also tells you if someone is new to the instance.

It tells you that someone is new, but not who that someone is. But yes, there is a message at the very start of any instance if this is the first time any one in the party has run that particular instance.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Gil!

On that note I still have a smallish pile of random-ass materia. Is there room in tab 2 to drop some more in for people actually good at market stuff to sell? Also do philo mats still sell well? I have a few hundred philo tomes sitting around I have no immediate use for.

steam_sig.png
    I fell asleep in my chair waiting for the patch to conclude and will probably be on sometime tomorrow afternoon instead. I didn't realize how tired I was until I stopped programming and promptly shut down.

How cat girl are you right now?

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »

How cat girl are you right now?

If I had to guess I'd say on a scale of 1 to 10 he is All.

@Corehealer When I get off work today we shall adventure. Adventure so hard. :D

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    More awesomeness from Yoshi P

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/13/5405344/final-fantasy-14s-playstation-4-launch-is-just-the-start-for-naoki

Apparently they are still going full throttle on content and Yoshi P doesn't even really feel like the game has launched yet, or rather it hasn't really sunk in.

Small tidbit at the end about the next expansion. Apparently it will have just as much content as the relaunch of the game.

If that's true then........damn I'd be impressed as shit.

delphinidaes.png
    That news makes me unnaturally hard.

Sarah Corehealer.

JEg3Qu7.jpg

Official Title: The Source of Great Satisfaction.

I used Yukira's character as a model for this one because I like her look a lot, and one of my first priorities will be to try and bumrush the Lightning quest in Limsa that lets you get the hair (apparently).

488W936.png
    Yeah the very first Lightning quest in Limsa nets you hair. Also there is a quest in Limsa to unlock the barber. That nets you at least one or two new hairstyles as well.

Also I called it, all of the catgirl.

Now show us Sarah in game killing moles and marmots.