As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Addictive personality

QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
Hola gatos. And welcome to my world. How many of ya'll have addictive personality in the family? How many of ya'll took a snow day and made it into a bourbon day? Let us ponder how we live and interact with our minds and nascent addictions.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    i eat too many sandwiches from jimmy johns b/c they are open past midnight

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I find it's most enjoyable to turn a bourbon day into a snow day

altpost: 420 blaze it daily

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    (drugs are bad)

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    I got a whole side of my family with some pretty serious addiction issues and it is safe to say it has affected me as well. If it weren't for my kids I'd for sure be an alcoholic, and certainly willing to try any hardcore drug offered to me. I kind of constantly daydream about having an altered state of mind.

I'm sure none of this is helped by the fact that my dad gave me cans of beer all to myself occasionally. Like when I was five and six. Yyyyyup.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I never finished college because I apparently would rather post on internet forums than do my homework. But condemning myself to a life of retail was totally worth it.

• Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    I once tried to save the world
    of Warcraft.

• Options
    But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    My wife and I quit smoking together, cold turkey, over 2 years ago now (I think).

She had been smoking since she was 12. Those weeks of withdrawal were

a very bad time in our relationship.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    on a serious note almost everyone on my mom's side of the family is an alcoholic

one could say that is has made me extremely conscious of drinking and stuff

but it also made me really interested in literature about psychoactives as a (younger) teenager, which in turn made me smart enough to avoid the pitfalls that a few of my friends tripped into in highschool

e: but i do smoke cigarettes now, so not that smart i guess

e2: I did stop smoking pot pretty recently though! &that was after a couple solid years of smoking literally every day. insomnia has been a massive bitch, but ah well i need to learn to deal w/ it on my own and it's not like I'm never ever not smoking the ganj again- maybe just with a little bit more respect then i did before

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Hey Turk. How you bez? Been awhile.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Nascent!?

...yeah, sure :whistle:

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I wouldn't say I have an addictive personality but I am prone to binging.

Alcohol, tobacco, food...

I want it all when it is put in front of me.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I have a deep, deep hunger.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    i don't ever binge on alcohol but cutting down on cigarettes has really really made me want to fucking smoke a grip every time i light up now

just gotta keep feeling the heaviness in my lungs

just gotta turn "moderation" into a new personal mantra

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I love chocolate, Dunno if it's an addiction though, I only crave it all the time. I've never sold a VCR to fund the purchase of more chocolate.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I'm pretty good in regards to self control normally

but if there are peanut m&ms being served anywhere near me I will inhale them until I make myself sick.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Peanut M&Ms go so well with a bourbon and coke.

• Options
    i think i might be addicted to this thread

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I am addicted to butts

• Options
    this is tommy's girlfriend. tommy is in the shower. tommy told me to post here that he, to, is addicted to butts. my butt.

this thread is tearing our relationship apart

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I am addicted to butts

Addicted to yourself?

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I am addicted to the wellspring of fusion energy that emanates from galaxies.

Also pizza bagels.

488W936.png
  • Options
    this is tommy's girlfriend. tommy is in the shower. tommy told me to post here that he, to, is addicted to butts. my butt.

What are you doing here, go join him in the shower!

• Options
    Bizzaro StormyBizzaro Stormy I am Bizzaro Stormy. I am Bizzaro Stormy.Registered User regular
    I am Bizzaro Stormy.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I am Bizzaro Stormy.

Talk about an addictive personality.

488W936.png
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I become easily addicted to games.

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    family of alcoholics and cigarette smokers

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I am addicted to my bed.

Also orgasms.

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    I love my butt. There's nothing like slow-dancing with my butt.

Cheek to cheek.

• Options

i just got out
    he just missed me
    because he was too busy posting in this thread, apparently

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    There is an extremely long history of addiction in my family. I think almost every adult person in my family is a smoker. I've got several cousins who are either recovering or current meth addicts. Lots of booze. Shit, I myself used to smoke about a pack a day, down to half a pack when I can afford smokes.

I'm not a big drinker, though, and hard drugs scare the shit out of me.

• Options

i just got out
    he just missed me
    because he was too busy posting in this thread, apparently

Shameful dispray.

488W936.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Also yeah both sides of my family are alcoholics so I'm prolly pretty predisposed to it

And I'm pretty sure I could be a gambling addict pretty easily

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    For real though if anybody goes to Japan don't eat garigari-kun. It is ice-cream flavored crack. I ate a whole box by myself.

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Sorry, we're taking a break from these kinds of threads for a while.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
This discussion has been closed.