As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Bros Brawl! "...the two of them get along great! ...I think.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I'd be a little surprised if they didn't have a playable Mii, frankly.

As much as I hate when people say "This could never work" and other stuff because I trust Sakurai, and assume if he puts it in it'll be worth putting in, but I just can't see Miis working without feeling really tacky and forced.

Khavall on
  • Options
    NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    I don't even know what the icon for that would be. A vertical line glowing blue?

Sometimes, I watch your sig for a few minutes, and the Buffalo start running backwards.

I just thought you should know.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Options
    FishguyFishguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

I want it just so we can see what Sakurai looks like in mii form. Actually it'd be awesome if you got the whole dev team in mii forms with the game (Kojima mii, Nobou mii) that you could then export to your mii square if you wanted.

Fishguy on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I don't even know what the icon for that would be. A vertical line glowing blue?

The Wii logo. Duh.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Here's the thing about a Mii.

What are the Mii's moves going to be? What's its Final Smash? Wouldn't the Mii Plaza be the stupidest stage ever, a Final Destination without the benefit of scenery?

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Yay Ice Climbers! Though I feel kind of bad for Kirby in the one photo, poor guy is getting the business end of some fucking spiked boots.

Anyway, this has been a good week.

You know what I suddenly want as one of the Pokeball Pokemon, really, really bad?

Drifloon.png

Make it so, Sakurai!

Drifloon can barely be seen in the background of Pokemon Stadium in the flying picture. That kinda makes me doubt it will appear out of a pokeball, though it's still possible, I guess. The one in the background in that picture could have appeared out of a pokeball.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

What are the Mii's moves going to be? What's its Final Smash? Wouldn't the Mii Plaza be the stupidest stage ever, a Final Destination without the benefit of scenery?

I'd always imagined the Mii to be the Shang Tsung, or the wooden dude from Tekken kind of character.

It would choose a random fighting style to use each match, like the wireframes.

I suppose you could assign it, too, if you wanted to use your Mii with Star Fox's moves, for instance.

Nickle on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Nickle wrote: »

I'd always imagined the Mii to be the Shang Tsung, or the wooden dude from Tekken kind of character.

I suppose you could assign it, too, if you wanted to use your Mii with Star Fox's moves, for instance.

Man, I totally want to see my Mii with a kirby-esque Fox hat on shooting someone up.

Khavall on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

A Mii as a 100% customizeable fighter? Me likey.

And hell, just put the regular Mii head/body in there. Yeah it'll look weird, but no weirder than Snake fighting Kirby.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

OR instead of having a mii character, they could replace wireframes with random miis from your mii plaza. That would be very cool.

Food on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Then Phoenix Wright WOULD be in the game!

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    So it just occurred to me that when Kirby eats ZZS, he will probably wear a blonde wig.

That is all.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Jimothy wrote: »
    So it just occurred to me that when Kirby eats ZZS, he will probably wear a blonde wig.

That is all.

Hahaha

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Pata wrote: »

That is all.

Hahaha

Tranny Kirby.

Cannibalism.

This game seems to get darker everyday.

Nickle on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

That is all.

Hahaha

Tranny Kirby.

Cannibalism.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Rated AO

Khavall on
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Khavall wrote: »

That is all.

Hahaha

Tranny Kirby.

Cannibalism.

Don't worry, they'll add some motion blur and turn the gamma down until you can't see what's going on, get it re-rated M and then release it. It'll be fine.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I just want him to announce the AC character already. It's driving me crazy.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

That is all.

Hahaha

Tranny Kirby.

Cannibalism.

Don't worry, they'll add some motion blur and turn the gamma down until you can't see what's going on, get it re-rated M and then release it. It'll be fine.

It's just disappointing that they'll have to remove Daisy's 'tesiticle rip' Final Smash.

Nickle on
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

I see the Mii playable fighter, if there is one, to use the other Mii-based games. It could throw bowling balls, perform boxing glove combos, etc. The only problem is that Ness and Peach already use baseball bats, golf clubs, and/or tennis rackets.

Oh, what if the Mii final smash had you use play the Wii Sports game? Not sure how that would work with other controllers, though,

Or they just replace the wire frame/polygons with Miis using generic moves. That would be great too.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The Mii absolutely deserves a spot in Brawl. It's a pretty significant "character" for Nintendo, considering it symbolizes Nintendo's whole philosophy change and return to power with the Wii. Just let people choose any Mii and regulate its size. For a moveset, there's plenty from Wii Sports and Wii Play that it could use.

Zek on
  • Options
    artifexiteartifexite Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So, the supposed AC character's final smash is going to be him/her hitting you with a shovel, turning you red, and making items/money come out?

Or throwing out a leaf, which turns into a couch when it lands?

Or telling you that they had a final smash, but that they lent it to another character last week, so go get it from him?

artifexite on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    artifexite wrote: »
    So, the supposed AC character's final smash is going to be him/her hitting you with a shovel, turning you red, and making items/money come out?

Or throwing out a leaf, which turns into a couch when it lands?

Or telling you that they had a final smash, but that they lent it to another character last week, so go get it from him?

That just made me think that Tom Nook would be a force to be reckoned with, if they bring back the coin battles.

Nickle on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    There isn't necessarily an AC character. Yeah every franchise thus far has had a character attached, but there's no rule anywhere that it couldn't just be an items/stage-only franchise. Animal Crossing doesn't have many good options for characters - most of the obvious ones like Tom Nook or K.K. Slider are in the background of the stage which I think is a no-no for a playable character. I guess Mr. Resetti is still possible.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Zek, why gotta crush my hopes and dreams?

Jimothy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    There isn't necessarily an AC character. Yeah every franchise thus far has had a character attached, but there's no rule anywhere that it couldn't just be an items/stage-only franchise. Animal Crossing doesn't have many good options for characters - most of the obvious ones like Tom Nook or K.K. Slider are in the background of the stage which I think is a no-no for a playable character. I guess Mr. Resetti is still possible.

That's why it'll be Miis. Since I'm pretty sure (based on my extensive knowledge of nothing) that the next AC will use your Mii as your character. Also, with the announcment of that 'check Mii out' channel, you know they're gonna be expanding the capabilities of Mii editing.

I'm am going to take a stand right now, and that stand is that Miis will be playable characters (random movesets), AND replace wire-frames, AND be the 'AC Character'.

If I am wrong, I will eat 972 dicks.

In a row.

Nickle on
  • Options
    artifexiteartifexite Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nothing wrong with a regular, horn-hatted nobody. Axe, slingshot, fishing pole to grab onto ledges, throwing things that might be a giant dinosaur head, or might just be a clock radio? Sounds fun and weird to me.

artifexite on
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    But what would they call the character on the selection screen?

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Man i am so glad the Ice Climbers are in this i love playing as this two

Green Lantern on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Plus there are like a dozen of those guys in the background.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Tom Nook's Slave.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Boy.

He would have a clone character named Girl.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You guys filled up almost 5 pages at 3 OCLOCK IN THE MORNING!!!!! You people need professional help.

I know not all of you were in the EST time zone. But still.

You dont really need professional help

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    You guys filled up almost 5 pages at 3 OCLOCK IN THE MORNING!!!!! You people need professional help.

I know not all of you were in the EST time zone. But still.

You dont really need professional help

I think we're averaging about a thread a week, which is pretty much insane.

Nickle on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    About a thread a week in september when the game comes out in december.

11 weeks away and we're filling up a thread a week.

Khavall on
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I, too, claim that there will be a Mii character.

There has to be. Even Metroid Prime managed to fit them in!

And, dammit, I never really got in to the SSB games (not a fighter fan) but all this talk sure is hyping me up to pick up this one.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So are we getting Icicle Mountain 2? I bet that would piss some people off if it would be like their stage in melee

Green Lantern on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    jonxp wrote: »

And, dammit, I never really got in to the SSB games (no soul) but all this talk sure is hyping me up to pick up this one.

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

And, dammit, I never really got in to the SSB games (no soul) but all this talk sure is hyping me up to pick up this one.

I'm telling you.

6 billion copies sold. Ultra-Super-Awesome Player's Choice edition, that will still cost $40 in 2014.

Nickle on
  • Options
    Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

And, dammit, I never really got in to the SSB games (not a fighter fan) but all this talk sure is hyping me up to pick up this one.

Wow. That's it. That's the "final day before release" reveal. "You will be entering the Smash Bros. action like never before...as yourself. " Hm.
    At the least, your mii should be an assist trophy, since the controls will probably be mapped to your mii.

Sharp10r on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Why do people keep assuming the AC character will be Tom Nook or anyone else?

If anything, it's going to be an AC human, possibly with the horned hat.

Furu on