As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Thread Tags: Classy, Game-Gluttonous, Less Monstrous Than Steam Community At Large

• ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    msmya wrote: »
    VD presents from @scratchy !!

Painkiller: Black Edition, and Painkiller Overdose

Thank you!! You Monster! <3<3<3<3<3

Loved the games myself so I didn't include them in the bundle I was giving away to the peons. sssshhh!

steam_sig.png
    edited February 2014
    Not a fun totp so...

Desura Key!

Cubicity: DEW44-R5NRS-IH0PK-B89HS-T9CC8
    Steam Keys
    Interstellar marines
    FM3L7-7HMEJ-7TNJT

Rush Bro's
    CYM9G-AKKFQ-YA68X

Interstellar spearhead marines
    CQ4T5-0N92V-MV23G

Beast Boxing Turbo
    AL5I9-A2E8C-003JQ

Pixeljunk Shooter
    AJ56E-EVYPZ-C7J20

Sang Froid Werewolf awesomeness (seriously this game is so much fun)
    6A8WB-6M7TH-JPE6Q

Finding Teddy
    AJ773-N62I8-N3HM9

Scratchy on
    steam_sig.png
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular

umm....

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »

umm....

It's the gift that keeps on giving!

Just like the Zeno Clash 2 key I grabbed from last page! Thanks a ton, @Scratchy!

umm....

Please... I'm in the mood to spread VD cheer. So everyone hop on and enjoy!

steam_sig.png
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Scratchy wrote: »

umm....

Please... I'm in the mood to spread VD cheer. So everyone hop on and enjoy!

This maybe doesn't read the way you intended.

Or hey, maybe it does! I don't judge.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    Oh I know what I said

steam_sig.png
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Should i get blackguards or banner saga? (don't say both)

wbBv3fj.png
  • msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    I vote banner , but I haven't played either game yet :p

• Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Drake wrote: »
    Maybe it's the stomach flu or it could be Illuminati Mind Control Lasers but I basically had to buy //N.P.P.D.RUSH// - The milk of Ultra violet the moment I saw it. The impulse was generated in the part of my brain that made me buy Dead Kennedys and Misfits albums back in the 80s.

I don't know what the hell is going on but I can feel it worming its way into my brain. There's no explanations or context, you are just slammed, face first, into a hallucinogenic haze of violence and cyborg junky motorcycle cops called Sockets.

This thing will be panned by most but I think if you take the time to check it out you could find something compulsive about its weird and unruly energy.

Brother in the twin arts of shooters and insanity @Drake, hit me with a copy of this earlier.

I. Wha. I don't understand what's real anymore. It was around the time where I slammed my cyborg motorcycle body through a dude, while what sounded like the bastard prodigy of some bizzare fusion of 70s metal and acid jazz played a lick that'd make a cocaine-infused Pat Metheny nod his head happily until his gleeful little bonce rolled off down the road, that I realized Drake knew my taste in games.

I don't understand what is going on and that is just perfectly fine. Make some time for this terrifying and amazing little game that's like a return trip to Interzone, the only downside being fewer centipedes. Now, where's my Nox pipe...

Lord_Snot on
    Oh I know what I said

Well, I was going to ask you to be my valentine but...

Oh I know what I said

Well, I was going to ask you to be my valentine but...

True love conquers all?

steam_sig.png
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Gotta say, guys, I'm a little disappointed that amongst all the garbage tags no one has made a "So Raven" tag yet.

• Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    So if I buy The Witcher 2, how much am I missing by not playing the first one, because I tried to play it and didn't care for it. But for four bucks I'm willing to give the sequel a shot.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Gotta say, guys, I'm a little disappointed that amongst all the garbage tags no one has made a "So Raven" tag yet.

'Bro' or 'Bro?' tag should be a thing before a 'So Raven' tag.

steam_sig.png
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    So if I buy The Witcher 2, how much am I missing by not playing the first one, because I tried to play it and didn't care for it. But for four bucks I'm willing to give the sequel a shot.

The answer to this is relevant to my interests as well.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

Yeah, I'm still not exactly sure what "So Raven" is supposed to mean, so I generally just use it for any emotion, positive or negative, that isn't agree or awesome.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Should i get blackguards or banner saga? (don't say both)

personally I'd get blackguards first

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited February 2014

Yeah, I'm still not exactly sure what "So Raven" is supposed to mean, so I generally just use it for any emotion, positive or negative, that isn't agree or awesome.

My full emotional spectrum is as follows:

Happiness
    Jealousy
    Love
    Anger
    So Raven
    Bro?
    Awesome

minor incident on

The games are separate enough that you won't miss gameplay skipping the first and the storylines are apart. If you enjoy the old school rpg influence you really should check out the first though. It's pretty good and boobs.

steam_sig.png
  • Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular

The games are separate enough that you won't miss gameplay skipping the first and the storylines are apart. If you enjoy the old school rpg influence you really should check out the first though. It's pretty good and boobs.

Downloading now, wow this game is huge.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Actually going through and tagging games I've completed (and reviewing them, finally).

I am holding myself to the following rules: I will tag nothing as 'Indie' or 'Casual' because I hate those terms on principle.

I'm still waffling on things like "Atmospheric" and whatnot.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited February 2014

Happiness
    Jealousy
    Love
    Anger
    So Raven
    Bro?
    Awesome
    Co-incidentally these are also the goose's stages of grieving.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    I know that the Borderlands 2 Valentines DLC has been mentioned, but I'm not sure whether the Typing of the Dead Valentines DLC has been posted. So, if you did not know, that is a thing. What better way to celebrate the day than by killing stuff? <3

• an_altan_alt Registered User regular

Happiness
    Jealousy
    Love
    Anger
    So Raven
    Bro?
    Awesome

Does Arrow of Desire qualify for Love, Anger, and possibly Jealousy?

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
    Don't ask me, I don't actually know how emotions work.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Don't ask me, I don't actually know how emotions work.

8->

Berylline wrote: »
    I know that the Borderlands 2 Valentines DLC has been mentioned, but I'm not sure whether the Typing of the Dead Valentines DLC has been posted. So, if you did not know, that is a thing. What better way to celebrate the day than by killing stuff? <3

SSGDyCi.jpg

EIGHT COWS CAMELS

g5t2bBz.png

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I don't know if this was already posted, but even more temptation for me (and others!) to get ArmA 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JiXznUyldM

Stabbity_Style.png
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

I liked the story of the first one better. It felt more personal and i could get into the idea of it better. The second one felt like I was less invested. But that might have been a bit because i played the first one first.

The second one however, has a lot better combat mechanics if you're into a skill base combat system. While the first one is much more traditional "Better get big numbers" game (though it does have some skill elements)

wbBv3fj.png
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

So, this game is pretty good for a free-to-play CCG. It can be pay to win early, but you can get decent decks built pretty quick without paying anything and you build up in game cash at a decent speed which can be traded for booster packs.

But what really sold me was the steam promotional card they have.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I awoke to a gifting!

weddingmassacre.jpg

As I suggested to Bery a few days ago: what better way to celebrate Valentine's Day than with a wedding massacre? Woot!

Thanks, @Sorce! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    There are some nice digital deals on Amazon for this weekend.

Batman games, XCOM, Lego marvel heroes, several EA titles (Battlefield, Crysis, Sims) and some Square Enix titles.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
    Dungeon Keeper is free on gog for the next 48 hours.

Go go go.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Oh. Arrows. Robot Valentine? And stuff. I do not understand.

I never can find a post explaining these events. :P

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    edited February 2014

You get arrows, and you shoot them at people by clicking on the option below their post near the agree/awesome/etc icons are.

I don't know the specifics, but if you do that a few times you might get a countdown timer on the bottom right of your screen, if you click on the you'll go to a message box where Robot Cupid tells you that you have to send a Valentine's Message to one of the people you shot with your arrow. You get twelve hours to comply write a message.

Once you send the message, it gets posted in Cloud Nine, and people vote on whether or not it was affectionate or not. The outcome of that vote determines which profile badge you get. After a certain amount of votes, it gets moved to the Retirement Village.

Here's the one I wrote, as an example.

edit: I forgot, sometimes you'll see a robot cupid post saying that a cupid was shot down, and there is a check for arrows link, if you are the first person to click on that you get extra arrows.

SmokeStacks on
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    You can't ever have anything on your Wish List, Pixie @Ultrahonky: Lord of the Jive Turkeys, because even if you remove it, we will know.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    edited February 2014

You get arrows, and you shoot them at people by clicking on the option below their post near the agree/awesome/etc icons are.

I don't know the specifics, but if you do that a few times you might get a countdown timer on the bottom right of your screen, if you click on the you'll go to a message box where Robot Cupid tells you that you have to send a Valentine's Message to one of the people you shot with your arrow. You get twelve hours to comply write a message.

Once you send the message, it gets posted in Cloud Nine, and people vote on whether or not it was affectionate or not. The outcome of that vote determines which profile badge you get. After a certain amount of votes, it gets moved to the Retirement Village.

Here's the one I wrote, as an example.

edit: I forgot, sometimes you'll see a robot cupid post saying that a cupid was shot down, and there is a check for arrows link, if you are the first person to click on that you get extra arrows.

Oh damn, I need to find some targets. Anyone looking for a Valentine?

Florin on
  • DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    Pixeljunk monsters has been added to the indiegala interstellar bundle.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
This discussion has been closed.