As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV:ARR] Old 2.15 Patch thread.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    am0n wrote: »
    You mean, like Eye for an Eye?

Truth is, before you know it, you'll level them all to 50.
    And then you make an alt!

nope3.gif

I just got brd to 50 yesterday, that just leaves me with mnk to level (not counting crafting/gathering) and there's no damn way I'm gonna make an alt.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    It's days like today that makes me wish I wasn't in a relationship. Everyone's away with plans, not bothering you. A perfect day to binge on FFXIV.

Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    We gamers are an odd lot.

Many single people want to be with someone for V-day.

Many in relationships want to be single to avoid spending money.

Gamers? We'd like to not be in one on V-day so we can play games.

My wife is out of town so for me today is just a friday.

I'll probably spend it banging my head against Titan HM to finish my BRD relic.

Though, XIII-3 is supposed to come in the mail today so maybe I'll be doing that instead.

according to the launcher 2.16 is coming on the 19th.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    We gamers are an odd lot.

Many single people want to be with someone for V-day.

Many in relationships want to be single to avoid spending money.

Gamers? We'd like to not be in one on V-day so we can play games.

My solution? Get the wife in the FC. She's more interested in optimally gearing her char than I am at this point.

steam_sig.png
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    I just date gamers and boycott VDay because it's stupid...

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I for one am falling in love.

With this game.

It seems so different now compared to my experiences with 1.0 and 2.0 beta.

488W936.png
    edited February 2014
    Well, unfortunately, my GF isn't a gamer. She seemed to enjoy the one-shot session of D&D (only like 1 encounter, technically), so maybe I could get her into that more, but doubt she'd be in to MMOs. Maybe if she could play it on her laptop without it overheating I'd try to get her into it, but we only have one desktop.

Fortunately, she isn't too hooked on V-day. It's really just an excuse for us to catch up on Psych episodes.

am0n on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Well, yeah, but Arcanists are fun (disclaimer: for me, anyway).

The three classes I'm gonna focus on getting leveled to 50 first are WHM (obviously), paladin and summoner, probably.

It doesn't hurt that you need to level CNJ to get to PLD.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Well, yeah, but Arcanists are fun (disclaimer: for me, anyway).

The three classes I'm gonna focus on getting leveled to 50 first are WHM (obviously), paladin and summoner, probably.

It doesn't hurt that you need to level CNJ to get to PLD.

Yeah, it works out pretty well!

IKknkhU.gif
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Via Gamer Escape talking to Yoshida about how the Glamor System is going to work http://gamerescape.com/2014/02/12/ps4-media-tour-interview-with-naoki-yoshida/
    GE: One feature that many players are looking forward to is the “Vanity” system, or Glamour System as it is known in the US. Can you describe how the system will work? Will crafters be needed? Are there any fees associated with it?

Yoshida: In terms of fees for players, players should not be paying a high fee to use the Glamour System. As to how it works, there is a new item called the Glamour Prism which is a crystal that can be used to change your appearance by mirroring the look of your item. These crystals will come in different types to accommodate different gear level ranges, so if you want to assume the appearance of an item that is iLvl 30, you would need the Glamour Prism that corresponded to items of iLvl 30 to iLvl 40. While that is not the exact range, there will be several ranges of iLVLs that each Glamour Prism will work on, similar to how Grade 1 Carbonized Matter, and Grade 2 Carbonized Matter work.

Crafters factor into this as they are the only ones who can make these crystals, and they will bring the Glamour Prisms to market. Players will go to the marketplace, buy the crystal they need and mirror the appearance of their desired gear onto their character. So if you’re a crafter, you can make your own Glamour Prisms. The recipes for the crystals aren’t designed to be expensive, so I imagine it won’t be a limiting factor. Once you copy the appearance of gear that you like onto the crystal, that crystal is now bound and cannot be traded or sold, so the only commodity in the Glamour system are the Glamour Prisms that are blank made by crafters. So as a crafter, you will want to bring to market the Glamour Prisms that correspond to the coolest looking gear.

It should be easy to access for everyone and shouldn’t cost too much, so please look forward to the new feature.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    I can dig it.

Especially if the crystals are for each armor slot and only hold one item. Then you would need a new crystal if you wanted to switch it up and that would be good for crafters.

Seems like it will be easy to copy the gear you want. I figure the market for those crystals will flood pretty damned quick though.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    From an in-game perspective it makes more sense as well than just opening a second slot for each gear type and having two items equipped.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    54BE8864045DD65D9D9ED064F810500F2AE64E9F

I put on my wizard robe and hat.

488W936.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    Via Gamer Escape talking to Yoshida about how the Glamor System is going to work http://gamerescape.com/2014/02/12/ps4-media-tour-interview-with-naoki-yoshida/
    Once you copy the appearance of gear that you like onto the crystal, that crystal is now bound and cannot be traded or sold, so the only commodity in the Glamour system are the Glamour Prisms that are blank made by crafters. So as a crafter, you will want to bring to market the Glamour Prisms that correspond to the coolest looking gear.
    That seems like a mistranslation or something since that's contradictory. You can't bring to market Glamour Prisms that look like anything since they bind once they do. Unless he means for the ranges of gear that looks the coolest, which would be just about everything.
    I can dig it.

Especially if the crystals are for each armor slot and only hold one item. Then you would need a new crystal if you wanted to switch it up and that would be good for crafters.

Seems like it will be easy to copy the gear you want. I figure the market for those crystals will flood pretty damned quick though.
    I'd actually prefer if it were just a single prism for an entire outfit.

steam_sig.png
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    I'm cooking a delicious dinner for my girlfriend right now....

I wish I was in game with you guys instead :(

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    I just date gamers and boycott VDay because it's stupid...

Wtf are you talking about?! Valentine's always has the best vanity gear in games! Celebrate till the cows come home!!

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Just picked this up as I've been wanting to try it, and Best Buy had it on sale half off. The game is gorgeous! Unfortunately, my computer doesn't do it justice. It's playable, but the settings have to be toned down. I need to upgrade my PC. Should I ask around in the Tech Tavern?

I'm Zomro Zargoth in game. Next time I'm on, I'll see about getting an FC invite.

edited February 2014
    Cormac wrote: »
    Once you copy the appearance of gear that you like onto the crystal, that crystal is now bound and cannot be traded or sold, so the only commodity in the Glamour system are the Glamour Prisms that are blank made by crafters. So as a crafter, you will want to bring to market the Glamour Prisms that correspond to the coolest looking gear.
    That seems like a mistranslation or something since that's contradictory. You can't bring to market Glamour Prisms that look like anything since they bind once they do. Unless he means for the ranges of gear that looks the coolest, which would be just about everything.
    I can dig it.

I'd actually prefer if it were just a single prism for an entire outfit.

I interpreted it as, you buy a Blank Glamour Prism and then you copy the appearance of something you like into the prism (maybe a set of gear? maybe a ssingle item? not sure). Once you do this, it is bound to you. Maybe it's like an "Armor Set" in that when you Use it, the crystal copies the appearance of what you are wearing and then if you put it in your Glamour Hole Slot, your appearance will become what it was when you copied the look onto the Prism.

am0n on
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    kZX1ItT.png

All kinds of adorabru in this shot.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    32170BB8FBF9B20A2575113FFD703B43CDECEAFA

Judging by the last poor sod to walk out of this room and the contents of my chat bar, you weren't too far off the mark there Momodi.

488W936.png
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    So one member of my FC commissioned another member of my FC to draw me a thing for my birthday today:
    NseP9NL.jpg

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy. :D

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That's pretty cool.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Just beat story-mode Garuda.

That fight is really hard if your DPS doesn't kill the plumes quickly.

IKknkhU.gif
  • InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    Ward 1, plot 1 at Limsa on Siren now belongs to my Free Company
    They are wizards and I love it

• Sionnach RuaSionnach Rua FFXIV: Sionnach RuaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Hey guys, i was figuring that we should attempt to do a Vday pic of the FC on Sunday! I was thinking 4pm pst/7pm est. I will see you guys there!

The wonderful thing about Tiggers
    Is Tiggers are wonderful things
    Their tops are made out of rubber
    Their bottoms are made out of springs
    They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
    Fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN!
    But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
    Is I'm the only one!

wdw_sweetheart_tigger_012105.jpg

Throw some comments or suggestions at the guildsite on the news article: gitl.enjin.com

Sionnach Rua on
    FFXIV Character: Sionnach Rua on Sargantanas. Join us on Ghost in the Linkshell! The company site is: gitl.enjin.com

I just make random noises... mreh
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I just picked this up, downloading now. I've read through the first couple of posts, but anything I should keep in mind when I first jump in?

Join Sargatanas (if you want to play with some PA people)... and that's about it. When you are in a "safe" area that generates rested experience, there will be a little Moon to the side of your experience bar. Make sure you log out with that moon so you earn rested experience. Most other things you'll pick up as you go. Game is pretty good about easing you into things/giving you tutorials when it makes sense.

Only other thing I might suggest is on your first class, avoid any side quests (story quests have a fairly elaborate looking quest symbol, so it'll be obvious which are story and which are side). I say this because you don't need to do them all to reach max. level (especially not with all the bonuses they've provided to leves, daily roulettes, etc.) and having those side quests available for your second or third class will help a bit to give you more options to mix up your leveling process (once you do them, you can't do then again, even on a different class).

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Keep in mind that the first 20+ levels are an extended tutorial on how to play a theme park MMO. Also be sure to try out a bunch of different classes after you have unlocked travel between the three major cities. Be sure to right click on every Aetheryte crystal you see (large and small), they make fast travel between areas possible. Also they don't make it super clear, but Marauder (and Warrior, the advanced class of Marauder) are not DPS classes, they are tank classes.

steam_sig.png
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Cool cool, thanks! I've played like a billion MMOs to about level 20, but this seems pretty cool and hopefully I can stick with it a bit longer.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I did all the quests because I'll never get a second class to 50

• KoldanarKoldanar Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Erm, It's been a while since I've played; who is online now that can re-invite me to the FC?

Edit : I didn't see anyone mentioned in the OP online.

Koldanar on
    3DS friend code : 1375 - 7258 - 4504
    oax1zOU.png

This is ominous.

3BEC839D1A92FB7842D90BAD48A0B3A2E658FB54

I have actual armor now. Actual being with shoulderpads.

488W936.png
    And also,

pe3WJzp.png
    I'm technically a licensed healer.

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Best emote in the game.

Licensed healer? We have dismissed those claims.

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Koldanar wrote: »
    Erm, It's been a while since I've played; who is online now that can re-invite me to the FC?

Edit : I didn't see anyone mentioned in the OP online.

Anyone with a GHOST tag or myself in about 1 minute after I log in :) What is your name in game?

edit: Also if anyone else needs an invite shoot a /tell to Delphi Kisaragi and i'll get you in quickly

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    You'll note Delphi does not specify what exactly you will be getting in

Only send tells if you enjoy extended stays in basement pits