As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Thread Tags: Classy, Game-Gluttonous, Less Monstrous Than Steam Community At Large

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    Seems like this belongs here.
    Steam Tags: The Game

Fucking. Brilliant.

Awesomeness_zps57c2cac1.png

Wooo! Got 20 out of 20 so far!

Its because you haven't been hit with the King Bullshit of Bullshit Mountain question yet

toohard_zpsbfbfa3b2.png

wbBv3fj.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Just saw the first thirteen minutes or so of the South Park game. It really does look just like an episode. There's also an interesting take on the "silent protagonist" regarding the new kid. However $60 is still too much for me to put down at this point in time, not that I don't think the game is worth that because seriously it looks great I just cannot afford to splurge that much right now.

• BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Happy Valentine's Day! <3

signature.png

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Ok, I did 100, now it's back to work.

Correct: 82
    Total: 100
    Accuracy: 82%
    Current Streak: 18
    Best Streak: 18
    Reset

Bring it on, Steam Thread.

• DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    Some of the more hideous tags I saw yesterday seem to be going away. I wonder if it's from the weight of which tags people are actually picking or if Valve is working behind the scenes a bit. I'm inclined to think it's the former, because trying to keep up with the internet is a fools game.

UbiSoft in particular seems to have purged pretty much any "funny" tag.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Some of the more hideous tags I saw yesterday seem to be going away. I wonder if it's from the weight of which tags people are actually picking or if Valve is working behind the scenes a bit. I'm inclined to think it's the former, because trying to keep up with the internet is a fools game.

They can be reported now. I have to assume that developers and publishers are now out in force reporting what they see as offensive tags about their games.

camo_sig2.png
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Looks like you can report a tag now. I don't think that the beta launched with that feature. I wonder who reviews the reports?

edit: Jinx, you owe me a coke.

Drake on
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate has been added to the latest Indie Gala: http://www.indiegala.com/

• DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Obviously @Ultrahonky: Lord of the Jive Turkeys has taken too many arrows for me to go after her, but my message to her would have been:
    Roses are red
    festering corpses will stink
    I strike to draw blood
    but all I get is some pink

Looking for other potential SteamThread victims. Watch out, it could be YOU!!!

camo_sig2.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    <--- NEW NAME

heart2.png@Tube

/happydance

Unrelated: I am a terrible shot. I fired 9 arrows at people and only hit wrists, arms, and gizzards. My career as a professional love archer is clearly not well planned. :P

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    edited February 2014
    Wow. You can now buy Thirty Flights of Loving and Gone Home for less than ten bucks. That's pretty great.

edit: D'awww even Tube isn't impervious to the rosey effects of the day's festivities!

Drake on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I hit a finger, a toe, and @Pixelated Pixie's peehole.

Que romantique

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Wait, why is Alan Wake on Steam sale? Is it romantic?

I mean, I guess technically it's about one man's love, but still.

steam_sig.png

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Long Live the Queen is also on a -50% daily

wbBv3fj.png
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »

They can be reported now. I have to assume that developers and publishers are now out in force reporting what they see as offensive tags about their games.

If pubs can censor community tags, they might as well get rid of them. I'm ok with getting rid of the offensive and spoiler ones, but I imagine they would want to purge any tag that is even remotely critical.

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Aw man. Rewrites! @Pixelated Pixie

• AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    So Analogue: A Hate Story is only $1.99. I have just over $3.00 in my wallet. Yay? Nay? What say ye?

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Pixie has no heart.

Ergo, no blood.

. . . do you bleed glitter? :twisted:

And I shall horde my arrows, just like last Valentine's Day.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

Que romantique

o.O

Ow.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    So Analogue: A Hate Story is only $1.99. I have just over $3.00 in my wallet. Yay? Nay? What say ye?

If you like, or think you could like, visual novels, it's awesome. Think about it like putting together pieces of a story puzzle to get the full picture. Awesome story and writing, just don't expect much in the way of... interaction.

I'm personally debating on getting Hate Plus.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    A day left in this one. For some reason I thought it was out today. Looks like it's next week
    signature.png

Still a few days left in this
    signature.png

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular

If you like, or think you could like, visual novels, it's awesome. Think about it like putting together pieces of a story puzzle to get the full picture. Awesome story and writing, just don't expect much in the way of... interaction.

Yeah, I like that kind of thing from time to time.

• msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    105868_600.png

Thanks for the lovely Valentine's Day gift! @jragghen

• Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if there is an easy way to tell if a voucher works on a game on GMG?

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
    Roses are Red,
    Forumers Scheme,
    LostNinja is Classy,
    And Gifted Me On Steam.

Sa4vxDCKIw5lkgJY1wWx41kc1W5bKV11tFttlDDcqXU=w1024-h664

Thanks! I'll make my wife play it. :D

also:

Que romantique

Nice shot! Painful as fuck I'd imagine, but still, nice shootin' there, Tex. ;)

Insert something humorous here about making peeholes burn and love.

steam_sig.png

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Rome II: Only player resolved battles in campaign mode will register a victory (ie. no
    auto-resolve victories will be recorded as a Battle Victory).

COH 2: Any battles (all game modes) where a victory is registered shall record a
    Battle Victory, including where the player is victorious against a CPU opponent.

Kinda odd that in one game multiplayer counts and in the other one it doesn't.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I shot @Berylline in the taint. Thats the fastest way to someone's heart right?

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Does anyone know if there is an easy way to tell if a voucher works on a game on GMG?

You can add it to your basket, go to Checkout and login.
    Put in the voucher code and see if it accepts it or not. That's probably the only easy way of doing it.

They have a 'Cancel Order' link now where you don't have to wait for that 10 or 15 minute timer to expire anymore

• msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Aw man. Rewrites! @Pixelated Pixie

my arrow of desire went straight for your boob. thought you should know.

• tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Well, that could have gone worse.

thatcouldhavegoneworse.png?attredirects=0

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Juuussstt in case it's not super clear. All that Emperor public library/inventory stuff. That's just more weird warped steam metaphor junk for the contest story.
    No one involved actually needs to do anything like that.

My boob hurts.

• Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    DaxterMax wrote: »

Put in the voucher code and see if it accepts it or not. That's probably the only easy way of doing it.

They have a 'Cancel Order' link now where you don't have to wait for that 10 or 15 minute timer to expire anymore

That's what I have been doing but it seems really dumb that there isn't some list explaining which games are included or excluded. There are 2 20% vouchers right now (one for Canadians only for some reason) and neither of them work on the Mass Effect Trilogy which is on sale.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    I shot @Berylline in the taint. Thats the fastest way to someone's heart right?

It certainly was for the Ottomans.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
    Steam summons Eschalon Book III! It is SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Drake fails SAVING THROW vs OLD SCHOOL RPG!

Wallet takes 17.99 Damage! Eschalon Book III PURCHASED!

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    That steam tags game is cool...

I got a 42 game streak!

DaxterMax wrote: »

That's what I have been doing but it seems really dumb that there isn't some list explaining which games are included or excluded. There are 2 20% vouchers right now (one for Canadians only for some reason) and neither of them work on the Mass Effect Trilogy which is on sale.

Yeah figuring out what code works with what is cumbersome. Some only work on pre-orders, and others on a certain category of games.

• shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular

Yeah, I like that kind of thing from time to time.

If you enjoyed Analogue (granted "enjoy" might be the wrong emotion, but anyway...) then you'll definitely get a lot out of Hate Plus. It's got some interesting interactions between you and the AIs.

In other news, I find myself in the frustrating position of cancelling all my (admittedly limited) V-Day plans due to a sudden bout with the flu. Skipping work and having the kids avoid you is a lot less fun when you can't sit up enough to play Costume Quest. Blargh.

Well, I might as well wishlist that since the first two are sitting on my list already . . .

• StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular

My reaction, in so many words:
    Fastest 17.99 I've ever spent.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
This discussion has been closed.