As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Thread Tags: Classy, Game-Gluttonous, Less Monstrous Than Steam Community At Large

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    Steam summons Eschalon Book III! It is SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Drake fails SAVING THROW vs OLD SCHOOL RPG!

Wallet takes 17.99 Damage! Eschalon Book III PURCHASED!

Oh FML. That's out?

/sigh

Alas, poor Wallet! I knew it, Horatio; a creature of infinite jest...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    So, how is this "Gothic" game series? I mean, it appears to be an RPG of some sort, but past that I'm at a loss, and I'm wondering if I should be adding it to the ol' wishlist.

Unlike Pixie, I keep no cap on that sucker.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    So, how is this "Gothic" game series? I mean, it appears to be an RPG of some sort, but past that I'm at a loss, and I'm wondering if I should be adding it to the ol' wishlist.

Gothic 1 was amazing. Gothic 2 was fantastic.

It's best not to talk about what happened after that. :P

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »
    Happy Valentine's Day! <3

signature.png

Be vewy vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbits. Ahuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014

Gothic 3 was alright, but even it's mediocrity was hidden behind how much of a buggy mess it was. But the first two really are great, get them.

Also follow Drake's example and buy Eschalon: Book 3 because those games are fucking awesome.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

How bad can it be?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    I'm also going to quote myself from the SE++ Steam thread:
    Darmak wrote: »
    Guys, NaissanceE is really good and it's pretty as hell.

B4B3C099688B79AACFFE5C265D5C4B6BB7C91386
    6B0DCACA492C6580A4153F5D8EB2751F5388ED2A
    1EAA714EA48EF5BDF99FF44A43171A8DF0481AA7

JtgVX0H.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Do you ever read that a game is coming out and hope, just a little bit, that it turns out to be not so great just because you shouldn't try to afford it and don't have the time to play it but know if it's awesome you're going to want to buy it?

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Infinity Wars is godamn excellent!

My current draft deck is not.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Naissance is french for birth.

So... Yeah, i kinda assume what the plot twist is.

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Do you ever read that a game is coming out and hope, just a little bit, that it turns out to be not so great just because you shouldn't try to afford it and don't have the time to play it but know if it's awesome you're going to want to buy it?

All the time.

Though recently I've gotten in the habit of not even looking at steam or game related news.

Edit: except today, because I wanted to see what kind of holiday things might be happening.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    A bunch of people on my friends still have this one wishlisted, so I thought people might be interested: Steamworld Dig is currently $6 on the Humble Bundle Store. That's the lowest it's been, as far as I know.

Berylline on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    A bunch of people on my friends still have this one wishlisted, so I thought people might be interested: Steamworld Dig is currently $6 on the Humble Bundle Store. That's the lowest it's been, as far as I know.

Steamworld Dig is dynamite (sometimes literally). A happy mix of exploratory platforming and Dig Dug. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    I shot @Polaritie in the tongue, @Elvenshae in the liver, and @Hit Bit in the fat.

I am terrible at this.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Cook, Serve, Delicious is also $6 on the Humble Store. Completely worth your time to get caught up in striking a balance between foods you know you can prepare well, foods that will bring in enough money, and preventing menu rot. Also, it's not like Diner Dash at all. You play as the cook, putting together food with various keyboard combinations and having to figure out what you should make next as customers will only wait so long, different foods take different amounts of time to prepare and then different amounts of time to cook. There's a lot to balance, but the game eases you into it, and by the end you've got pizza, soup, and pasta on the menu at the same time (the three hardest foods for me) and don't miss a beat.

camo_sig2.png
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I just saw that Crusader Kings 2 and all the expansions is only $20 at the Humble Store too. That's mighty tempting.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Stolls wrote: »

My reaction, in so many words:
    Fastest 17.99 I've ever spent.

Apparently not the only 17.99 you spent.

gg0vISn.png

I love old school RPGs, thanks you classy Illinois-an?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    Also, Unity of Command is still 4.99 over at the Daily Royale. Very good strategy game from what I hear. Steam Key.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

Steamworld Dig is dynamite (sometimes literally). A happy mix of exploratory platforming and Dig Dug. :)

I really enjoyed it. A solid experience that doesn't overstay its welcome.

• BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Thank you so much to @CorriganX for Girls Like Robots! Robots are awesome and so are you!

• SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    Apparently I got some arrows in my quiver? What are these and how do I use them?

steam_sig.png
    <--- NEW NAME

heart2.png@Tube

/happydance

Unrelated: I am a terrible shot. I fired 9 arrows at people and only hit wrists, arms, and gizzards. My career as a professional love archer is clearly not well planned. :P

How did you change your name? Before when I asked about it, the rules were that I couldn't change my name at the time. It would be nice to change it to match my steam name. :)

steam_sig.png
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Svevin wrote: »
    Apparently I got some arrows in my quiver? What are these and how do I use them?

Use them just like "Awesome", "Agree" or "So Raven" buttons on someone's post. After using them, you might get partnered with someone, and you can write something valentine's related that the community can vote on.

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    <--- NEW NAME

heart2.png@Tube

/happydance

Unrelated: I am a terrible shot. I fired 9 arrows at people and only hit wrists, arms, and gizzards. My career as a professional love archer is clearly not well planned. :P

How did you change your name? Before when I asked about it, the rules were that I couldn't change my name at the time. It would be nice to change it to match my steam name. :)

Usually you can't. It will be a ton easier to just change your Steam name to match your forum name.

camo_sig2.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    @Corpekata is a monster.

Now i have bleed.

Thanks, Corpekata. i love Run and Guns... They're super fun! :D

Talus9952 wrote: »

Use them just like "Awesome", "Agree" or "So Raven" buttons on someone's post. After using them, you might get partnered with someone, and you can write something valentine's related that the community can vote on.

Hmm...I don't see an "arrow" button appearing in the area where those buttons appear. Oh well, no biggie.

steam_sig.png
    <--- NEW NAME

heart2.png@Tube

/happydance

You can't. Tube only does so at his whim and god help you if you pester him about it.

JtgVX0H.png
    jclast wrote: »
    <--- NEW NAME

heart2.png Tube

/happydance

Usually you can't. It will be a ton easier to just change your Steam name to match your forum name.

I think the only way you can get it changed today is to win one of the Solid Saints auctions where the name change is the prize, or to fall within Tube's good graces (which is how Pixie's changed from Luchaire -> Ultrahonkey -> Pixelated Pixie because it was the result of a charity drive).

Do not PM Tube asking how to get in his good graces.

Hmm...I don't see an "arrow" button appearing in the area where those buttons appear. Oh well, no biggie.

It should be the last one to the right, after the "Report' button. It's "arrow of something".

steam_sig.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Wow - I've been out of the loop for a bit - I didn't notice Ultrahonky was gone.

It should be the last one to the right, after the "Report' button. It's "arrow of something".

I think all the Valentine's Day stuff is over, even the subforum for it is gone now.

JtgVX0H.png

It's broken or missing right now... along with the entire Valentine's Day subforum.

(or I'm just losing my mind. Either one is possible.)

I'm going to hazard a wild guess that it's a casualty of IcyLiquid fighting the log-out issue.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~

It's broken or missing right now... along with the entire Valentine's Day subforum.

I'm going to hazard a wild guess that it's a casualty of IcyLiquid fighting the log-out issue.

Ahh. The subforum is actually still there. It's just not linked on the forums anymore. You can still get to it if you have a message to vote from get in your message box.

steam_sig.png
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    There are people who don't own Witcher 2 at this ridiculously low price? That way lies madness.

Ah yes, Valentines Day.

And I'm working so that means...cleaning up a bunch of Valentines Day parties. Yaaaay. :|

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Ahh. The subforum is actually still there. It's just not linked on the forums anymore. You can still get to it if you have a message to vote from get in your message box.

Or just look up @Geth and go by threads.

I note that he's not wearing the holiday outfit at the moment.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    @Scratchy has rectified my steam library's lack of NES style RPGs

Thanks for the Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack!

• ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    Dungeon Keeper is free on gog for the next 48 hours.

Go go go.

With how fast this thread moves I almost missed this. Don't miss this. Reposting because awesome!

steam_sig.png
  • FandaFanda Hang a shining star upon the highest boughRegistered User regular
    Tags recommended for you:

Indie
    Rogue-like
    Platformer
    Cheeki Breeki
    Procedural Death Labyrinth

I think this tagging system is going to work out just fine.

edited February 2014
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Stolls wrote: »

My reaction, in so many words:
    Fastest 17.99 I've ever spent.

Apparently not the only 17.99 you spent.

<image of classiness cropped to prevent thread classiness overload>

I love old school RPGs, thanks you classy Illinois-an?

@Stolls is on a tear!

I just came home to this:

eschalon3.jpg

Thank you tons! I love the Eschalon games so dang much!

heart2.png

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    While not steam or even video game related, this does remind me of the caliber of class this thread excretes.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/feb/14/de-la-soul-entire-catalogue-available-free-25

This discussion has been closed.