As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Thread Tags: Classy, Game-Gluttonous, Less Monstrous Than Steam Community At Large

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Scratchy wrote: »
    Dungeon Keeper is free on gog for the next 48 hours.

Go go go.

With how fast this thread moves I almost missed this. Don't miss this. Reposting because awesome!

What . . . is it?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    What is Dungeon Keeper? It's only the classic game of creating a den of evil with which to entrap and torment the heroes of the world.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    What is Dungeon Keeper? It's only the classic game of creating a den of evil with which to entrap and torment the heroes of the world.

I use it as a personal trainer.

For reasons.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

For reasons.

I remember with Dungeon Keeper 2 I had to turn down the volume anytime my Mom came near just in case there were any Dark Mistresses in my dungeon.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    I just finished my winter semester and I have THREE DAYS before spring starts. I feel like a starving person who's just been rescued and dropped off at an all-you-can-eat buffet. This may very well kill me.

steam_sig.png
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

For reasons.

I remember with Dungeon Keeper 2 I had to turn down the volume anytime my Mom came near just in case there were any Dark Mistresses in my dungeon.

Let's be fair. There were always Dark Mistresses in your dungeon.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    Dungeon keeper is one of my favorite games. It was so good when it came out.

I remember the later dungeons would grind my PC to a halt when I sent my minions into battle. I would have to scroll away from the action just to keep my FPS above 10.

I haven't gone back to it in a couple of years so it'll be interesting to see how it holds up.

The least I can do is buy the 2nd one after gog giving me the first for free.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

And minion slapping! Let us please not forget the minion slapping.

• ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    That little bit of great news led me to go over my gog library again. Damnit, Giants Citizen Kabuto and Planescape Torment reinstalling.

Why does combat have to be so terrible in Torment Whyyyyyyyy

steam_sig.png
  • TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Okay, no more new games until I beat one.

I have too many games. It was easier when I only had a mac and had like five games that I played all the time but now there are too many options, too many deals. If anyone on Steam sees me buying a new game then you need to leave me very angry disapproving messages.

Tairu on
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Man I was just thinking about Giants Citizen Kabuto recently. I think it was when Sacrifice was getting talked up a bit. That was a fun weird game.

akajaybay wrote: »
    Man I was just thinking about Giants Citizen Kabuto recently. I think it was when Sacrifice was getting talked up a bit. That was a fun weird game.

I played it about a year ago and made it a quarter of the way through before getting distracted and it has aged surprisingly well. It's still a funny goofy great game.

steam_sig.png
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    One of these days, I will finally manage to play a full multiplayer set (5 mecs, 3 reapers, 1 kabuto) of Giants. I've only managed to play a four player game of that and it was fucked because the balance isn't there.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    One of these days, I will finally manage to play a full multiplayer set (5 mecs, 3 reapers, 1 kabuto) of Giants. I've only managed to play a four player game of that and it was fucked because the balance isn't there.

L4D people are making a game called Evolve where you are a 4 head hunter team trying to take down 5th player monster that evolves as time goes on.

Looks like the type of game we wanted overstrike to be.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »

L4D people are making a game called Evolve where you are a 4 head hunter team trying to take down 5th player monster that evolves as time goes on.

Looks like the type of game we wanted overstrike to be.

A friend of mine showed me the Evolve trailer. Looks so awesome. Can't wait.

steam_sig.png
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    So, I'm not even entirely sure where to post this, but it's too good to ignore.

Remember that terrible game that came out on Steam at the end of last month called Guise of the Wolf? Totalbiscuit did a very unfavorable critique of it on one of his WTF is series. Well, the developer, FUN Creators, is currently trainwrecking themselves.

First, someone issued a copyright strike on the WTF is video which got it taken down. It was a little unclear at first who issued the copyright strike, then it was narrowed down to have come from FUN Creators. FUN Creators denied that they had issued the strike.

TB then tweeted a screenshot of an e-mail correspondence his associate had in his request to have FUN Creators retract the strike, which in their reply, FUN Creators admitted to having issued the strike. This screenshot can be seen in the reddit post here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Cynicalbrit/comments/1xxvuc/email_from_the_guise_of_the_wolf_people_to_tb/

FUN Creators then tweeted a response accusing TB of photoshopping the correspondence e-mail entirely. Their twitter is at http://twitter.com/funcreators . They also accused TB of 'blackmailing' them, in which I'm pretty sure they have no idea what blackmail actually means.

TB's associate then created a short video of him accessing the e-mail in question in Gmail, showing the full headers, etc. Now, in the comments on reddit, someone noted that the headers themselves don't actually prove anything in particular, as the e-mail was sent from a server that wasn't verified or denied and the IP wasn't the same as their website's IP (not that that means much itself, e-mail is often handled from a separate machine anyway). But it does show it isn't photoshop and would have to be a waaay more elaborate fake if it was a fake. This is, of course, ignoring the fact that TB has no real reason to fake it in the first place.

FUN Creators then retweeted this video and have now stated that "they wonder why TB is doing this" and that they're going to "stop talking about this incident".

The whole thing is really damn bizarre, they're trying to discredit TB in a really strange mix of bad English and ignorance, several weeks after the video was put up.

Dranyth on
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    TB's had this stuff happen before.

Which is weird because you'd think after the first few incidences people would've figured out that he's the last youtube personality you want to throw that kind of crap at.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    They're both knobs and they deserve each other.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Be that as it may, TB's not in the wrong here.

And yes, this did happen fairly recently with Day One: Garry's Incident. They did the 'copyright' strike shortly after the video went up and I believe ultimately TB got the strike removed. Youtube has a 3 strikes policy where if you have 3 strikes on your account, your account is shut down permanently, so this is pretty serious for someone whose channel is their livelihood. Not to mention when the strikes in question are utter bullshit.

wtf is guise of the wolf? (hehe)

The only wolf games anyone ever needs to concern themselves with is sang froid, blood, and telltale's. Maybe Okami, that was a wolf right?

steam_sig.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Dranyth wrote: »

And yes, this did happen fairly recently with Day One: Garry's Incident. They did the 'copyright' strike shortly after the video went up and I believe ultimately TB got the strike removed. Youtube has a 3 strikes policy where if you have 3 strikes on your account, your account is shut down permanently, so this is pretty serious for someone whose channel is their livelihood. Not to mention when the strikes in question are utter bullshit.

Are strikes different from the random DMCA complaints from people who aren't the companies?

steam_sig.png
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    the namco store is running a promo where a bunch of games are 50% off by themselves, but 75% off if you buy more than one.
    notably this lets you get Pac-Man CE DX and the full dlc pack for $4.50 (it was just 7.50 on steam daily). it also has Dark Souls and a couple other somewhat notable games

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2014

Well, then, for the price of free I suppose I should do something about that.

I also remember wanting to play that Giants game at one point, but I never had the computer for it.

And most importantly (for my backlog) I have conquered Skyrim. Not just beaten, I have done every quest, gotten every item, dotted every 'i' and crossed every 't'. And gotten every achievement! You know, except siding with the Imperials or the Vamps, since those are exclusive of the other side and both Tullius and Harkon were utter tools. But I'm done! Now on to Castlevania! WOOOOOOOOO!

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    Spoit wrote: »

Are strikes different from the random DMCA complaints from people who aren't the companies?

If your account gets three copyright strikes, it gets suspended.
    Maybe TB is protected through some other company to have the strikes revoked or something but afaik that's how it works.

edited February 2014
    Spoit wrote: »

I believe so... I think the DMCA thing is an automated system sort of, the copyright holder can claim that some sort of video or audio is owned and videos that use that thing can't be monetized. The system will go through and any video that has the video or audio in it is automatically removed from the monetization system if it's in it.

This is a copyright violation claim against a specific video in which the video is immediately taken down and a strike is issued against the channel.

Edit: And in relation to DaxterMax's comment above, TB just tweeted that Polaris (presumably their lawyers) is now handling the issue. Polaris, formerly The Game Station, is a group sort of like Machinima (in a way) which TB is a part of, so he does have a bit of protection more than just a standalone channel might have.

Thankfully, Steam tags are on the job.
    KJVQ9WW.png

Dranyth on
    Seems like it's the latest thing to do these days to attract attention to your game.

DaxterMax wrote: »
    Seems like it's the latest thing to do these days to attract attention to your game.

Yeah well, it didn't help Day One, and according to the Steam metrics that Northernlion tweeted earlier today, in the last 48 hours, a maximum of two people have been seen playing Guise of the Wolf at any particular time so...

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    wtf is guise of the wolf? (hehe)

The only wolf games anyone ever needs to concern themselves with is sang froid, blood, and telltale's. Maybe Okami, that was a wolf right?

Its some sort of puzzle adventure game where you help the ruling body fight the werewolves and must fight to cure your own infection. The videos speak for themselves and the whole game is a disappointment to those of us who wanted and entire game built around being a werewolf and fighting the infection.

All TB has to do is point to the videos and ask if anything he said in them is inaccurate.

If these geese didn't want bad press, they shouldn't have released a bad game.

edited February 2014
    Blood of the werewolf an actually decent werewolf game/plus me testing out new to me forum functions.
    MNHB2-EMC9T-VFP5R

edit: I fail at forums, all well.

Scratchy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Man, South Park looks so fricking good ... have there been any pc reviews yet?

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Blood of the werewolf an actually decent werewolf game/plus me testing out new to me forum functions.
    MNHB2-EMC9T-VFP5R

Codes, not code. :D

This foe is beyond me, I'm just going to stick with randomly throwing crap around like an agitated ape. Thank you @Elvenshae and @CorriganX for attempting to make me less not-smart.

steam_sig.png
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    After watching the video on Giant Bomb, I'm really excited about the South Park game now. Crazy that it looks just like the show.

Also, Titanfall is really good, guys.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    @CorriganX was so excited about me heralding his birthday to one and all that he got all twitterpated and gifted me a thing... about girls and robots and ... and ... wait. Wait a minute ... I think any number of bizarre fanfic-type fantasies start off this way. :o

girlsrobots.jpg

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Bravely Default is just destroying all desire to play a Steam game.

More jobs, level up more jobs, crystals crystals crystals, UNACCEPTABLE.
    Mrgrgr

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Bravely Default is just destroying all desire to play a Steam game.

More jobs, level up more jobs, crystals crystals crystals, UNACCEPTABLE.
    Mrgrgr

More jobs?

I have all the jobs. :D

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    MNHB2-EMC9T-VFP5R

Codes, not code. :D

PSA: Always check your OP, people. ;)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Aren't these girls worried about electrogonorrhea?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    The OP has something more than a hypnotic ass?

Themoreyouknow.gif

Not the first time my illiteracy has got me in trouble.

steam_sig.png
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Vowed not to buy more bundles, but suddenly I bought more bundles and

YfZqYem.jpg

nooooooooo

edit: yes, I misspelled Arcane Worlds, but I corrected it later. Arcade Worlds sounds like a neat idea for a game too, though.

SteevL on
This discussion has been closed.