As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Thread Tags: Classy, Game-Gluttonous, Less Monstrous Than Steam Community At Large

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Aren't these girls worried about electrogonorrhea?

Nah - they sanitize their inputs before they let them into the DB.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Vowed not to buy more bundles, but suddenly I bought more bundles and

YfZqYem.jpg

nooooooooo

edit: yes, I misspelled Arcane Worlds, but I corrected it later. Arcade Worlds sounds like a neat idea for a game too, though.

Unlock the ability to go between world and adjust the dials. More lives, different colors.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Bravely Default is just destroying all desire to play a Steam game.

More jobs, level up more jobs, crystals crystals crystals, UNACCEPTABLE.
    Mrgrgr

More jobs?

I have all the jobs. :D

But do you have ALL THE GAMEZtm

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    May God forgive me, for I have purchased Crusader Kings II from the Humble Store.

It's not enough that I am consumed by an MMO, I must also add this game to my list. My backlog, it is something I do not even think of any more, so impossible a task does it represent.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    the namco store is running a promo where a bunch of games are 50% off by themselves, but 75% off if you buy more than one.
    notably this lets you get Pac-Man CE DX and the full dlc pack for $4.50 (it was just 7.50 on steam daily). it also has Dark Souls and a couple other somewhat notable games

Apparently there is a Pac-Man is now Kirby or something game.

Also he has a kids TV show (is it 1982 again?)

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Finding Teddy Free to a good home. You don't even have to kiss me under the hallmark-toe.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Finding Teddy Free to a good home. You don't even have to kiss me under the hallmark-toe.

I think I'd take that off your hands.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

I think I'd take that off your hands.

TOTALLY SMOOCHED HIM GUYS

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    Yay! Now I have 100 games in my library. Though Steam seems to not want to count maybe the F2P games, so it seems to say I'm below 100 still, but fuck that, I don't care, I have 100 games on Steam. ;)

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Yay! Now I have 100 games in my library. Though Steam seems to not want to count maybe the F2P games, so it seems to say I'm below 100 still, but fuck that, I don't care, I have 100 games on Steam. ;)

We all know F2P games don't count.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So Company of Heroes 2 seems to be steadily increasing its gap over Rome II, and I'm not entirely sure how.

http://steamcharts.com/app/231430

http://steamcharts.com/app/214950

Right now there's roughly 4x as many people playing Rome II, ditto at peak - so the peak for Rome II had 14,000 more people playing than CoH II.

So either battles are SUPER SHORT in CoH, there's THAT MANY people playing multiplayer in Rome II (which apparently doesn't count even though it does in CoH?) or that many people autoresolve battles in Rome II. Regardless, something seems off.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Since I keep seeing NaissancE get mentioned in this thread I figured I'd point out we have a thread for it.

• Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular

I think that looks pretty cool. Dat 3D platformers nostalgia.

• Options

Pffffffff. Pfffffff I say.
    I know. :'(

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    So Company of Heroes 2 seems to be steadily increasing its gap over Rome II, and I'm not entirely sure how.

http://steamcharts.com/app/231430

http://steamcharts.com/app/214950

Right now there's roughly 4x as many people playing Rome II, ditto at peak - so the peak for Rome II had 14,000 more people playing than CoH II.

So either battles are SUPER SHORT in CoH, there's THAT MANY people playing multiplayer in Rome II (which apparently doesn't count even though it does in CoH?) or that many people autoresolve battles in Rome II. Regardless, something seems off.

Battles are super short and have no campaign maps between stuff.

If I were taking part I could probably crank out two or three wins for CoH2 before one for Rome 2 (not that I own Rome 2).

Plus it doesn't count auto resolve for Rome so chances are there's a large amount of that player base which aren't contributing to the wins, unlike CoH2.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    So, interesting discovery. Being in another country meansI can't pay with my Steam Wallet money, apparently. Blah. I just wanted to get Analogue.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    <3Borderlands Valentine's DLC for Free! <3

Mad-Moxxi-and-the-Wedding-Day-Massacre-290x160.png

Verify your account, login and then find the deal here: https://www.gameagent.com/games/borderlands-2-headhunter-4-mad-moxxi-and-the-wedding-day-massacre
    Have patience. The site it's really hammered right now but it works.

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Like really, super-duper hammered right now. I think I started the process about 45 minutes (or an hour) ago, and I finally just "bought" the DLC.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I can't get the site to load at all, looks like it's wanged.

Hopefully it's temporary.

To help fellow Borderlands 2 owners through this moment of loss, some pink clothes and a neato shotgun:

(Might be NSFW due to Moxxi's ruuuude titties)
    UvsHEmK.jpg

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    And in case anyone's curious, the codes are the same skins from last year.

sig.gif
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2014

It's a good thing. It also means they don't count for backlog. Seriously once you start getting to a certain number, you start to get jealous of the people with a handful of games because that's actually doable when it comes to backlog.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Ok, so if you grabbed Oniken from Desura (like maybe during one of those indiegala bundles), your Desura key will now activate the game on Steam.

Go here, find Oniken, click keys, and use that key with Steam and you'll activate the game.

My thoughts on the game so far are basically that it seems rad as hell and it does not fuck around whatsoever. I thought it was really cheap at first, but then I realized I was playing it like modern 2d platformers, charging in without really paying attention to enemy patterns. Once I figured out what I was doing wrong the game clicked and things started going much better.

The soundtrack, manual, and some artwork are available from the developer at www.bit.ly/onikenextra

edit - Here is the first level so you can see what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbXEu54-fHQ

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    So, State of Decay. After following the LP thread for it, I've been planning to start playing it more seriously (having only fooled around in it in the past). Because it looks pretty awesome.

But the idea that things happen when you're not playing, too, is somewhat problematic for me. It's not unusual for me to switch away from a particular game for days or weeks on end and then go back to it. It would annoy me to have my savegame crippled because lots of Bad Things Happened while I was off playing Kingdoms of Amalur or something.

So there's this mod thingy that looks designed to prevent this issue. Just wondering if anyone has used it at all, can vouch for it working properly, etc?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    So, State of Decay. After following the LP thread for it, I've been planning to start playing it more seriously (having only fooled around in it in the past). Because it looks pretty awesome.

But the idea that things happen when you're not playing, too, is somewhat problematic for me. It's not unusual for me to switch away from a particular game for days or weeks on end and then go back to it. It would annoy me to have my savegame crippled because lots of Bad Things Happened while I was off playing Kingdoms of Amalur or something.

So there's this mod thingy that looks designed to prevent this issue. Just wondering if anyone has used it at all, can vouch for it working properly, etc?
    Oh. That's nice. Last time I played, I had been away for a few days, and everyone was missing, and nobody had any food.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Oh my goodness, I didn't know that about State of Decay. That's pretty awesome.

Pixie, you should suck it up and let your survivors cope when you aren't around. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular

Just pretend it's your Steam library. You go afk for a few minutes and Bad Things™ happen to it

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    They toned down that whole thing in State of Decay, I haven't played in a couple months and I booted it up a bit ago and only like a day (maybe two) had passed. It doesn't go past a day or two any more.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    So wait, State of Decay could have been Animal Crossing + Zombie survival? Sounds pretty cool to me. :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Ok, so if you grabbed Oniken from Desura (like maybe during one of those indiegala bundles), your Desura key will now activate the game on Steam.

Go here, find Oniken, click keys, and use that key with Steam and you'll activate the game.

My thoughts on the game so far are basically that it seems rad as hell and it does not fuck around whatsoever. I thought it was really cheap at first, but then I realized I was playing it like modern 2d platformers, charging in without really paying attention to enemy patterns. Once I figured out what I was doing wrong the game clicked and things started going much better.

The soundtrack, manual, and some artwork are available from the developer at www.bit.ly/onikenextra

Such a good game, I'm currently on the fourth level. Fucking ninjas in the woods piss me off so much

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

Such a good game, I'm currently on the fourth level. Fucking ninjas in the woods piss me off so much

Well..... stop fucking ninjas in the woods then.

B)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    In an unprovoked attack @Iolo hit me with Steam Marines! I don't think that this is very fair considering he's not accepting any gifts this year, so I guess I'll have to gift some other people. Thanks for the game Iolo!

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    It's been a few pages, so it's time to repost:
    Berylline wrote: »
    signature.png
    Edit: In case this isn't showing up correctly for anyone else, the game is Girls Like Robots.

Berylline on
  • Options
    anoffday wrote: »

It's a good thing. It also means they don't count for backlog. Seriously once you start getting to a certain number, you start to get jealous of the people with a handful of games because that's actually doable when it comes to backlog.

They still hit my mental backlog, at least in terms of finishing the main quests and level cap.

I have a sickness.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Vowed not to buy more bundles, but suddenly I bought more bundles and

YfZqYem.jpg

nooooooooo

edit: yes, I misspelled Arcane Worlds, but I corrected it later. Arcade Worlds sounds like a neat idea for a game too, though.

I like how the very first line of that says:

'Made a mistake?'

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    May God forgive me, for I have purchased Crusader Kings II from the Humble Store.

It's not enough that I am consumed by an MMO, I must also add this game to my list. My backlog, it is something I do not even think of any more, so impossible a task does it represent.

If you're trying to get through a backlog, but CKII somewhere near the end. You'll get wrapped up in it, possibly spending days and sleepless nights agonizing about a tiny decision to invite your neighboring kin to go hunting, or to hunt him.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Did that Game Agent thing and the purchase went through fine, but now every time I look at the order it just says the game code is processing. Forever.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Sorce wrote: »
    Like really, super-duper hammered right now. I think I started the process about 45 minutes (or an hour) ago, and I finally just "bought" the DLC.
    As an update, I still haven't received the game code (you have to log in to a second site), though I have received confirmation of the order.

So yeah, still hammered.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    I'm having a lot of difficulties trying to get into Steamgifts the last 24 hours so if you win this, bear with me while I can get into my account.

At least I think this is still running. I can't remember when I set it to end and the images don't always seem to load for me either.
    signature.png

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    As an update, I still haven't received the game code (you have to log in to a second site), though I have received confirmation of the order.

So yeah, still hammered.

Wait, @Sorce, which is the second site? I was able to register, complete the order and get an order confirmation via email. Do I just hang tight at this point or is some action required?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    You have to log into a second site in that email to look up your order. That's where the key is.

This discussion has been closed.