As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Thread Tags: Classy, Game-Gluttonous, Less Monstrous Than Steam Community At Large

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    @iolo
    You need to log into https://www.findmyorder.com
    And there use your Order Number and the password you set when finishing the order.
    You will get a summary of your order (and the key for the DLC once they have processed it).

HiT BiT on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Ok, so if you grabbed Oniken from Desura (like maybe during one of those indiegala bundles), your Desura key will now activate the game on Steam.

Go here, find Oniken, click keys, and use that key with Steam and you'll activate the game.

My thoughts on the game so far are basically that it seems rad as hell and it does not fuck around whatsoever. I thought it was really cheap at first, but then I realized I was playing it like modern 2d platformers, charging in without really paying attention to enemy patterns. Once I figured out what I was doing wrong the game clicked and things started going much better.

The soundtrack, manual, and some artwork are available from the developer at www.bit.ly/onikenextra

edit - Here is the first level so you can see what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbXEu54-fHQ

Such a good game, I'm currently on the fourth level. Fucking ninjas in the woods piss me off so much

Well..... stop fucking ninjas in the woods then.

B)

I can't stay away from that sweet ninja booty though

JtgVX0H.png
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Ok, so if you grabbed Oniken from Desura (like maybe during one of those indiegala bundles), your Desura key will now activate the game on Steam.

Go here, find Oniken, click keys, and use that key with Steam and you'll activate the game.

My thoughts on the game so far are basically that it seems rad as hell and it does not fuck around whatsoever. I thought it was really cheap at first, but then I realized I was playing it like modern 2d platformers, charging in without really paying attention to enemy patterns. Once I figured out what I was doing wrong the game clicked and things started going much better.

The soundtrack, manual, and some artwork are available from the developer at www.bit.ly/onikenextra

edit - Here is the first level so you can see what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbXEu54-fHQ

Such a good game, I'm currently on the fourth level. Fucking ninjas in the woods piss me off so much

Well..... stop fucking ninjas in the woods then.

B)

I can't stay away from that sweet ninja booty though

First you have to find it. You know, with it being ninja booty and all.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    On a random note, Dins Curse and Depths of Peril are jawesome.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular

I think that looks pretty cool. Dat 3D platformers nostalgia.

I bought this off of Amazon during a pricing mistake and played the first three or four levels. I have to say that its a pretty solid game in the old 3D collect-a-thon mold. I enjoyed what I played of it and I really should get back to it.

steam_sig.png
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »

Not sure if it's as system intensive as it was before, but the "other computer" (I.E. My wife's computer) nearly shit itself on trying to play it on the lowest possible settings way back when it first hit public beta. Her's isn't game specific though, so take from that what you will.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/224040/

WTF?

I don't even - what the - ?

". . . I.R.I.S. the martial-arts wielding assassin motorcycle . . ."

/blankface

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?

WTF?

/blankface

. . . Still a better game than Bad Rats?

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014

WTF?

/blankface

That was pretty much my reaction when I first saw the gameplay trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWbSKKepVMc

What?!

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Unfortunately the reviews for the console version of the game are pretty poor.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    "What" definitely seems like the appropriate reaction to Lococycle.

Steam ID: Right here.
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Unfortunately the reviews for the console version of the game are pretty poor.

Worse than, equal to or better than our current yardstick of Bad Rats?

edited February 2014
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Borderlands Valentine's DLC for Free! https://www.gameagent.com/users/sign_up
    Verify your account, login and then find the deal here: https://www.gameagent.com/games/borderlands-2-headhunter-4-mad-moxxi-and-the-wedding-day-massacre
    Apparently they have run out of keys:
    Update (3pm, 2/15/14): We've temporarily run out of Steam keys! We'll re-enable the promo link once we've stocked back up. To anyone that has already completed their order, you should be receiving your key soon if you haven't already!

UPDATE: They have changed the promo. Now you need to buy the base game:
    Happy Valentine's Day from GameAgent! Get your free copy of Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre by purchasing either Borderlands 2 or Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition! Find more details on all the Valentine's Day promos in this blog post.

HiT BiT on
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    So ~10 hours after I began the process, I finally got my code for the Moxxi DLC.

If this whole experience is typical for how GameAgent does things, I say avoid, avoid, avoid.

sig.gif
    Sumanai wrote: »

WTF?

/blankface

That was pretty much my reaction when I first saw the gameplay trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWbSKKepVMc

What?!

I hadn't actually watched that trailer.

Um.

Now... um...

Yeah, I kind of want it. LOL

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Started playing Contrast. Still a little rough around the edges (there's been a few glitch things where models stop moving and are sliding around while stationary, as well as poor edge detection for some of the shadow stuff), but what's striking me most is the story right now.

Like...the story is not in the slightest what I expected, rather heavy, and...not fun? I dunno. Not what I was looking for when I booted the game, anyway. Not BAD, just....really not what I was expecting going in.

Plot spoilers through the first half of the game or so
    You are the imaginary friend of a girl in a broken home who is basically sneaking out and you're helping her to prevent her deadbeat father (who you find out ISN'T her real father) from getting killed by the mob because he owes them tons of money and is incompetent when trying out hair-brained schemes to get money so that her family wouldn't get foreclosed on

It's...uh....yeah.

• HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    PixelJunk Shooter is awesome. You should play it. If you don't have it, and would like to have it, please click the box thingy below.

Loading...?

HeirTransparent on
    steam_sig.png
    Oh, hey, a gift!

cardcitynights.jpg

Thanks @HeirTransparent! As soon as I saw that and that it was by the same dev as Ittle Dew, I wishlisted it. Looks super cute! <3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    A few pages ago we were talking about Analogue and Hate Plus. Apparently Christine Love announced a new game (a year off, argh!) last month, but I only found out a couple days ago.

Hopefully it'll come to Steam, where it may take the crown of "Game with the Longest Title on Steam."

My Twin Brother Made Me Crossdress As Him And Now I Have To Deal With A Geeky Stalker And A Domme Beauty Who Want Me In A Bind!!

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    shdwcaster wrote: »
    A few pages ago we were talking about Analogue and Hate Plus. Apparently Christine Love announced a new game (a year off, argh!) last month, but I only found out a couple days ago.

Hopefully it'll come to Steam, where it may take the crown of "Game with the Longest Title on Steam."

My Twin Brother Made Me Crossdress As Him And Now I Have To Deal With A Geeky Stalker And A Domme Beauty Who Want Me In A Bind!!

And people thought a martial arts assassin motorcycle was a weird premise for a game...

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    shdwcaster wrote: »

That's getting wishlisted as soon as it's possible to do so.

Stabbity_Style.png
    edited February 2014
    5v1RIY4.jpg

I'm the proud owner of a sentient, self-aware, martial-arts wielding assassin motorcycle.
    I could never imagine a day would come when I would be able to say such an awesome thing.
    All thanks to @Pixelated Pixie <3

LAMfgP7.gif

HiT BiT on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    *squints*

Why... Why is there a man attached to this curiously acrobatic motorcycle?

9KmX8eN.jpg
    Basil wrote: »
    *squints*

Why... Why is there a man attached to this curiously acrobatic motorcycle?

That's the mechanic, I guess. Apparently he's stuck. And gets dragged everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeytE-B2eI8

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Also, because without him you would not be able to experience things like these ingame :#

ss_944d597a3a9c2b8fb701682437cabf0fae098821.600x338.jpg?t=1392415252

ss_64dc8f9b24f7d966bf2eeede20a84783963b9544.600x338.jpg?t=1392415252

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Even though LocoCycle reviewed poorly, I think Twisted Pixel still offered to buy me a free game because I helped them try to fix that Ms Splosion Man thing. I mean, TP games have progressively gotten worse since the Splosion Mans, but I can dig a free game.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Argh, I should know better than to take a nap, classy people strike while I'm not paying attention!

Thank you so much to @Orivon for a copy of Oniken, it looks like a blast from the past and i'll be sure to try it out soon :D Also super thanks to Ultrahon.. wait a sec.. @Pixelated Pixie ? for both Neighbors from Hell (which she found while searching for Mexico on steam.. hah) and OMG Zombies. You're still a monster, and confirm it daily. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Argh, I should know better than to take a nap, classy people strike while I'm not paying attention!

Thank you so much to Orivon for a copy of Oniken, it looks like a blast from the past and i'll be sure to try it out soon :D Also super thanks to Ultrahon.. wait a sec.. @Pixelated Pixie ? for both Neighbors from Hell (which she found while searching for Mexico on steam.. hah) and OMG Zombies. You're still a monster, and confirm it daily. <3

I wasn't kidding about that though...

mexicosteam.jpg

:o

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    So, brief follow-up in the Totalbiscuit vs. FUN Creators drama, TB tweeted the following e-mail his associate received from FUN Creators today:
    w1iLIhi.png
    So, now they're just issuing threats. I gotta say, I wonder who this Jasmine person is doing their 'PR' because she's terrible. From all of this I just get the feeling that they have literally no idea just what they're dealing with.

Anyway, TB says all remaining correspondence will be done through their lawyer. All he wants is the strike removed from his channel and an apology, he just doesn't want to deal with them anymore. I certainly don't blame him. We probably won't hear anything more on this matter unless that does end up happening.

Edit: Oh, and predictably, on FUN Creators' twitter they made another vague claim that the image was photoshopped/faked, some comment about the font being different than yesterday. They also seem to claim that Jasmine is made up because she doesn't have a last name.

TB directed them to continue communication with the lawyer which they've apparently already been in contact with for a couple of days. Their reply was something about no more e-mails and to contact them directly and having "2 trusted people to be CCed", TB just told them if they didn't want to use e-mail anymore to give the lawyer an alternate method of contact.

So there we go.

Dranyth on
    Bigger than his little . . .? They have exactly one game to their name, poorly reviewed, and they think they are hot shit? Someone obviously wasn't told "no" as a child . . .

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    @msmya just sent me a code for the 4th Headhunter DLC for Borderlands 2 because she is awesome.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Bigger than his little . . .? They have exactly one game to their name, poorly reviewed, and they think they are hot shit? Someone obviously wasn't told "no" as a child . . .

Yeah exactly, so bizarre. Also, did you know that the Steam forum for Guise of the Wolf is locked so that only people who own the game can post in it? I didn't even know that was possible actually. I imagine it's not a very active place...

I also didn't realize that Polaris was part of Maker, so TB has that backing which is decently significant.

I didn't really make the connection until I saw a comment, but if anyone saw the Kitchen Nightmares episode about Amy's Baking Company, these people are sort of acting just like the couple that Ramsey walked away from. Just crazy.

• TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    There needs to be a foreign word for this sort of thing. Kind of how like Germans have 'schadenfreude' for enjoying the misery of others, we need a word that says 'I like watching incompetent people being way out of their depth without realising it'.

steam_sig.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    There needs to be a foreign word for this sort of thing. Kind of how like Germans have 'schadenfreude' for enjoying the misery of others, we need a word that says 'I like watching incompetent people being way out of their depth without realising it'.

Reality TV.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    So ~10 hours after I began the process, I finally got my code for the Moxxi DLC.

If this whole experience is typical for how GameAgent does things, I say avoid, avoid, avoid.

It ended up taking me about six hours from the time I was (finally) able to get their site to stay up long enough to place the order, until the time I got an email with a code.

But while our experiences were similar, I guess our attitudes couldn't be farther separated.

I don't mind that it took a long time, because I have empathy for a website that runs a neat little V-Day themed promo and then gets absolutely swamped with traffic once news of that promo hits various forums/reddit/4chan/etc. Their servers were absolutely annihilated with people who were trying to get a free steam key, so much so that they were pumping out 500: Internal Server Errors, which unlike errors like 404 is nonspecific, which means that it is a fancy web term for "something went wrong and the server is so busy right now it can't even tell you what went wrong".

This happens every time a website runs a promo for anything free on Steam, going back even as far as the BGamer/Dark Messiah fiasco of '09 and beyond. You oughtta know by now that it would have taken a while.

So basically you really need to change your outlook. Instead of complaining about how long it took for gameagent to give you some free DLC (while untold numbers of other people were also scrambling to try and get free DLC), maybe you should instead look at it a different emotion. I'd suggest gratitude.

draketag.jpg

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular

It ended up taking me about six hours from the time I was (finally) able to get their site to stay up long enough to place the order, until the time I got an email with a code.

But while our experiences were similar, I guess our attitudes couldn't be farther separated.

I don't mind that it took a long time, because I have empathy for a website that runs a neat little V-Day themed promo and then gets absolutely swamped with traffic once news of that promo hits various forums/reddit/4chan/etc. Their servers were absolutely annihilated with people who were trying to get a free steam key, so much so that they were pumping out 500: Internal Server Errors, which unlike errors like 404 is nonspecific, which means that it is a fancy web term for "something went wrong and the server is so busy right now it can't even tell you what went wrong".

This happens every time a website runs a promo for anything free on Steam, going back even as far as the BGamer/Dark Messiah fiasco of '09 and beyond. You oughtta know by now that it would have taken a while.

So basically you really need to change your outlook. Instead of complaining about how long it took for gameagent to give you some free DLC (while untold numbers of other people were also scrambling to try and get free DLC), maybe you should instead look at it a different emotion. I'd suggest gratitude.

I don't care how long it takes to get freebie promotions, but as soon as I see "Make an account..." I'm out. I realize that getting people to sign up is the whole point, but I got enough accounts as it is.

steam_sig.png
  • ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Vegan wrote: »

I don't care how long it takes to get freebie promotions, but as soon as I see "Make an account..." I'm out. I realize that getting people to sign up is the whole point, but I got enough accounts as it is.

According to their blog the deal appears to be over now unless you've already successfully went through it, then it's just a waiting game. The new deal is to purchase borderlands 2 to get it until the 17th. I was slow :(

To be fair though I wasn't their mac intended audience so I didn't deserve it anyway.

Scratchy on
    steam_sig.png
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    @Malakaius is a jerk and decided to gift me Card City Nights for my 500th steam game. Mrgrgr

This discussion has been closed.