As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LEGO thread!

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I had the big blacktron robot and the sweeeeet ice planet rocket...thing.

Oh and that cool underwater sub with the magnet arrrrmmsmsmsm

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Went to Target trying to find the Melting Room, the last set I need. Sold out everywhere. They had the Ninja Turtle sets on clearance so I got the little one with Michelangelo. Also the Galaxy Squad Titan spaceship/tank was $30 off.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    I have this strange urge to decorate my car in Lego minifigs. And I just discovered they have Lego magnets. I wonder how sturdy they are, and if the minifigs would hold together when going 70mph on the interstate.

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    ScumdoggScumdogg Registered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    I have this strange urge to decorate my car in Lego minifigs. And I just discovered they have Lego magnets. I wonder how sturdy they are, and if the minifigs would hold together when going 70mph on the interstate.

I tried to use a Lego Two-Face magnet to hold a single sheet of paper on my fridge, and now its hand is broken because the magnet wasn't up to that task and it fell onto the floor. I wouldn't trust them on the interstate.

• Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Scumdogg wrote: »
    cshadow42 wrote: »

I tried to use a Lego Two-Face magnet to hold a single sheet of paper on my fridge, and now its hand is broken because the magnet wasn't up to that task and it fell onto the floor. I wouldn't trust them on the interstate.

Too bad. I could think of some interesting dioramas using Lego minifigs that I could set up on the back of my car.

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Yeaah... releasing a major toy movie right in the shadow of Christmas and before the Spring Restock is.. um... yeah. Supply constrained doesn't begin to describe it.

I did pick up the Castle 2 in 1 kit, which was the last of the 2 in 1s I needed. Only built it in spaceship mode, and I think it has the most charm of all 4 of the kits. It is just so WILD compared to the others. Like.. the others have a semblance of wings stuck on the base vehicles, even though that's no where near what they are structurally when you put them together. But the parapets becoming a spaceship is just WAY out there, and awesome.

It's the same way with the Rescue Reinforcements set - the mech feels nothing like a fire truck, yet I feel like I could take the pieces and make a fire truck out of it. And the farm house helicopter is just charming as fuck.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I love the pig on the treadmill powering the rear rotors of the barncopter.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Here's a weird question that has been bugging me:

Why is a "5,5" axle called that? Tootle has not been helpful. For the record, tecnic axles are named according to how long they are in studs. But this one is a 5 stud axle with a collar and then a 1 stud long axle. It has been a useful piece, I just wonder how the naming convention works.

Edit (because I feel like I'm posting a lot) --

Whelp. I realized how to get the piece of resistance polybag... Pick up the Delorean set I've wanted off Cuusoo! Duh.. silly me. That, plus the $12 sets I'm missing and a few minifig blind bags and I'm good to go.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    I just got back from buying my wife the Cloud Cuckoo playset since she loved Unikitty from the movie. I think it's the first Lego set I've bought in over 20 years or so. Luckily I already spend way too much on my hobbies, so I think I'll be able to avoid this as an adult addiction.

That said, does anyone know if there's going to be an angry version of Unikitty released at some point? That was her favorite part of the movie, and I'd like to get that for her too if they're going to make one.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    From the wiki:

Uni-kitty is in the Cloud Cuukoo set.
    Biznis kitty is in the Lord Business's Evil Lair set.
    Angry Kitty is in
    Emmit's construction mech set.
    Queasy Kitty is in the Sea Cow set.
    Astro Kitty is in the "Benny's Spaceship SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!!!" set.

0q5xzW6.jpg

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I bought my Niece the Cloud Cuukoo set for her birthday because she was talking about wanting to be a cat with a unicorn-like horn last Halloween(though her Mom ran out of time to make the costume). She loved the Lego set, hasn't seen the movie yet though. She is probably going to want those other sets with the different Unikitty models.

I seriously need Benny's Spaceship set, but first when I have some extra money I want to get sets 7-12 of the Master Builder Academy line, which I see they packaged into two boxes rather than the subscription method I got the first 2-5 from. I wish they would make more of those.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    All of those Kitties are teh adorable, but I think Biznis wins.

Or maybe Astro. Or Queasy.
    Well, shit.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    I know Lego didn't do it on purpose, but man is it diabolical how the pricing for Uni-kitty is.

$20 for the standard, $70+ each for the variants.

Well.. we don't know the price of the kits for Queasy, Astro, or Angry.. but it's likely...

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was happy to pay $20 for that base kit with the standard Unikitty, I'm thoroughly undecided how worth it is to pay $70 for any of the others, regardless of how much my wife likes the character.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    the only one that is questionable for me is the Sea Cow, given that I've never bought a toy that expensive -- though I'm starting to come closer.

Lord Business's Lair is a nice little kit with a decent amount of play value in its set.

The Spaceship is a must for me.

• Options
    So I was going to turn the western biplane back into it's un modifed form but I can't find the box I put all the spare pieces into!

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    For me the Seacow is a done deal. Don't even care what it costs. Benny's spaceship is a maybe.

• Options
    Shogun wrote: »
    For me the Seacow is a done deal. Don't even care what it costs. Benny's spaceship is a maybe.

I'm just planning on saving for the Sea Cow.

I grew up with the Lego space sets, specifically Ice Planet and the monorail. I loved that shit as a kid, and there is no way I'm not getting that ship.

• Options
    I. I might get both. For sure the space ship.

• Options
    xeroismygodxeroismygod Registered User regular
    All these lego movie goodies are making it hard for me to snag the haunted house.

• Options
    Okay.. Between the online purchase for the small kits (and the Delorean) and a last minute hunt tonight, I'm literally down to 1 set I don't own from the movie that hasn't been released -- Cloud Cuukoo Palace.

Holy fuck, I never thought that would be the set I couldn't find.

I also heard someone commenting about how expensive Lego is. Honestly, looking at the kits from my childhood and how they had the same # of pieces for double the price, I think that leads credence to the "we weren't paying, so we didn't know how expensive they really were" school of thought.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Okay.. Between the online purchase for the small kits (and the Delorean) and a last minute hunt tonight, I'm literally down to 1 set I don't own from the movie that hasn't been released -- Cloud Cuukoo Palace.

Holy fuck, I never thought that would be the set I couldn't find.

I also heard someone commenting about how expensive Lego is. Honestly, looking at the kits from my childhood and how they had the same # of pieces for double the price, I think that leads credence to the "we weren't paying, so we didn't know how expensive they really were" school of thought.

I dunno... I was eyeing that moon base monorail set since I was 6 and even then knew that $200 was a lot of money. Or however much it cost back then.

But then today I look at the smaller sets (well, the licensed stuff) and go "$30 for 4 figs and 20 blocks? And not even the big blocks, just the flat ones and a lot of set/special pieces like control panels and antenna."

Dammit... I stopped playing with mine when the Magnatron set came out. I need to dig out my stuff (after I find it).

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Remember when they used to sell just packs of minifigs for like 10 bucks with 4-5 minifigs of that theme? Those were good times.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    So my 6 year old daughter is (predictably) obsessed with Frozen at the moment. She doesn't seem too interested in seeing a movie that's not Frozen. She does like her LEGO Friends and wants those Disney Princess sets. Any tips to make something else, like maybe the LEGO Movie, appealing to her?

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Yay... my army of blandness!

(Stupid messy desk.)

BhpMVX2l.jpg

Athenor on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Really wish I could find the Discovery channel (or one of their affiliated networks) show/special about Lego manufacturing.

It was a really awesome episode.

It centered around the design/testing of a new Police set with a brand new figure/shape (police dog!).

And the logistics and quality control were also amazing and that you can take a plastic Lego from 1970 and it'll still work/connect with any current AND future set.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    I think you're looking for this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p03Sayi77nc

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Everything is awesooooommmme

Man that was about as good as a Lego movie could be, IMO. Such fun, many detail, so cute.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Remember when they used to sell just packs of minifigs for like 10 bucks with 4-5 minifigs of that theme? Those were good times.

They still sell Star Wars multipacks like that.

13 bucks, so a bit of a hike, but you get your 4 figs, some kit, and a vehicle on top of it.

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Really wish I could find the Discovery channel (or one of their affiliated networks) show/special about Lego manufacturing.

It was a really awesome episode.

It centered around the design/testing of a new Police set with a brand new figure/shape (police dog!).

And the logistics and quality control were also amazing and that you can take a plastic Lego from 1970 and it'll still work/connect with any current AND future set.

Any Lego brick made after 1958 will work together. You can take a piece from today and a piece from 1958 and they still snap together. One thing I learned during Lego's 2004 crisis was that they actually modified current pieces to take tiny, tiny amounts of plastic away from the edges and corners of bricks. The amount of plastic from each piece is so tiny, but across billions of manufactured pieces the savings is quite large.

• Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    Www.eurobricks.com has pics of the Sea Cow and the Ghostbusters set

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Here's a direct link to the Sea Cow gallery,

and the Ghostbusters gallery.

(added because apparently I couldn't type Eurobricks correctly the first time. >.<)

$250 for the Sea Cow seems fair. Time to put aside some money now.

Ooh, interesting.. Benny's helmet has a thicker chin strap like more modern helmets, but is pre-broken.

Edits on Edits: Huh. That Lego documentary now is making me REALLY want that German Shepherd.

Athenor on
  • Options
    Good bye all my money.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Like seriously. Buying bother of those. Actually two of the ghostbusters since it looks super easy to turn it into Ecto-1A. Sad they don't have No-Ghost patches on their shoulders.

Also I love how their Egon is super close to my custom Egon seen in my avatar.

*edit well it was until i just updated it to offical figs.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    FBTB has the first Guardians of the Galaxy Set

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I never had any blacktron sets. I had the ice planet sets and my beloved monorail, but nothing blacktron.

I love that the fire truck mech comes with a blacktron fan minifig.

The sad thing is a lot of children will never know how cool the space sets once were

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I never had any blacktron sets. I had the ice planet sets and my beloved monorail, but nothing blacktron.

I love that the fire truck mech comes with a blacktron fan minifig.

The sad thing is a lot of children will never know how cool the space sets once were

Eh. They might come back. I mean, honestly, the Chima stuff looks damned cool, and I've glanced at the Galaxy Squad stuff. But yeah.. Ice planet, Aquazone, all those older stuff.. Who knows, maybe the Benny's Spaceship stuff will bring that back.

• Options
    I have two of the large Chima figures doing generic heroic poses

I am looking for the Duel and Fire mechs but after the pic of blandness I will probably get the bad cop chase and rocket bike sets to do a robot police raid on the cinema

• Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    I bought the Flying Flusher earlier, there was no sticker sheet and I've checked everything multiple times in the hope it'll materialise but no dice.

• Options
    Oakey wrote: »
    I bought the Flying Flusher earlier, there was no sticker sheet and I've checked everything multiple times in the hope it'll materialise but no dice.

Lego Customer service is awesome! just go to the site and tell them the problem and wait
    In the mail will be your sticker sheet!

This discussion has been closed.