As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PS4] Playstation NOW (Gaikai) is announced and detailed - Beta coming later this month

• VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    darqness wrote: »
    Do you ever get a weapon? I don't know if that would make me feel better about it, but I am curious if it's basically just a "run and hide when you see something scary" game.

No, and the game gets significantly less frightening after the first hour or so. If you can make it past that, you're good.

I think Outlast is a good example of 'things are mostly scary when you don't know exactly what it is you are up against'.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I am too scared to even start up Outlast

It just sits there on my PS4 home screen, taunting me

• AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Flash sale just went live on PSN, only one PS4 title on sale so...contemplating LEGO Marvel.

Mqmg5MR.png

Allforce on
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    Would the All-stars Battle Royale include the cross-buy for Vita?

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Would the All-stars Battle Royale include the cross-buy for Vita?

The PS3 version does come with the Vita version, yes. It's the Vita version that doesn't come with the PS3 version, since it's normally priced cheaper.

A couple of other news tidbits:
    - Divekick PS4 isn't cross-buy with the PS3/Vita versions, sadly.
    - SteamWorld Dig is coming to PS4/Vita next month.
    - There's a strong possibility Dead Nation will be the PS4 PS+ game in March.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Today a reader that wished to remain anonymous sent us a list of the times it takes for each game currently available in the service to go through the PlayStation Now sharing procedure from launch to the splash screen. He also provided video as evidence, asking not to publish it to protect his identity (and account).
    Here’s the list:
    Dead or Alive 5: 51.10
    Disgaea 4: 47.12
    Papo & Yo: 43.10
    Killzone 3: 53.49
    Darksiders II: 50.53
    MX vs. ATV: Alive: 48.15
    Ninja Gaiden 3: 50.89
    Shatter: 39.77
    Shadow of the Colossus: 53.98
    Puppeteer: 44.16

Our tipster also gave us full details on his internet connection (via Speedtest) for reference, as it does seem to influence the loading times considerably.
    Ping: 17ms
    Download speed: 7.65 Mbps
    Upload speed: 1.88 Mbps

zllehs on
  • jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
    Is the LEGO game worth $30 on PS4?

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Yes.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    Isn't dead nation a PS3/N game or am I remembering wrong? Is this a new one for PS4?

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    It's assumed that it's the same game that was on PS3. It was already announced that they were porting it to Vita. The same thing happened with Flower, which was originally just on PS3, but is now on Vita and PS4. I think it's all retroactively Cross-Buy too.

• b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    That would be cool if they retroactively cross-buy(ed) it. I wonder how that would work if it was my free game from the PSN outage, since I never technically bought it. Either way, I may double dip. Having it to go would be pretty cool. I liked that game a lot for some reason even though it was pretty simple. The couch co-op was top notch IMO.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Goddammit, UPS. I leave the front door slightly open so you know I'm home. But you still decide to knock lightly and leave a note saying you will try delivering my PS4 on Monday. Use the damn doorbell, it's nice and loud and can be heard from any room.

Seriously, the door is open. Chances are someone is home.

Zenitram on
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Lesson to everyone: have an important delivery coming in? Leave a note telling them to ring and knock loudly. I've done that and it works.

That said, that blows man.

edited February 2014
    DEEP DOWN GAME PLAY VIDEO

New details:
    Only male player character models will be available, for reasons apparently bound to the story.

It’s still to be determined if there will be an option to dash to the side in order to dodge attacks.

While the Tokyo Game Show demo had a difficulty setting for “casual,” that won’t be present in the final game, where difficulty will be fixed. The difficulty can of course
    been changed server-side by the developer if needed, like in most online games.

There will be a story mode, divided in chapters.

Remote play with the PS Vita will be supported.

Initially there will be only four weapon types at launch (meaning that there’s one that hasn’t been revealed yet on top of spear, sword and shield and greatsword), but more will be added with updates. The limited number at launch is because each weapon has a very different gameplay style.

zllehs on
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Lesson to everyone: have an important delivery coming in? Leave a note telling them to ring and knock loudly. I've done that and it works.

That said, that blows man.

Or just call FedEx and UPS and ask their customer service to put special instructions on your address for delivery, the driver will be notified every time he has a package for you.

Ours is like "Leave all packages on porch unless signature required. Do not ring bell or knock on door". Had to do that so the delivery guy wouldn't wake up my kid when he was napping.

Usually the package is held at the local UPS. You can show up with your tracking and order info printed and photo ID. Sometimes they leave a slip stickered to your door you can use.

• chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Sign up for the UPS and FedEx memberships and use the apps. You can specify universal delivery instructions and also track all packages and get delivery alerts. Made my life a lot easier since I do ~90% of my shipping online.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
    edited February 2014
    Im not big on aspect ratios and pixel count and all that other stuff... (in fact i skipped every post on that subject a few pages back lol my eyes aren't that sophisticated) but this website just did some comparison pics and apparently this is a big deal everywhere now? lol...

There is even a video all the way at the bottom of the page that shows both versions of the trailer running at the same time

so here we go

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/16/the-order-1886-169-1080p-vs-2-401-1920x800-video-and-screenshot-comparison-pixel-count-vs-art/

TheOrder_003_800-670x279.jpg
    TheOrder_003_1080-670x376.jpg

TheOrder_006_800-670x279.jpg
    TheOrder_006_1080-670x376.jpg

zllehs on
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    If RAD capitulates to internet crybabies who somehow think they get to tell developers how to make games, instead of telling developers what games they didn't like, I'll. . .well I don't know what I would do. The first thing that stood out to me (in a wow this looks amazing way) was the choice of resolution, which is obviously there for artistic effect.

This Tuesday we'll have a better idea of whether or not they managed to "nail it", and one hopes - with a heap of praise from the press - that this will stifle the calls for RAD doing anything to sacrifice any of their artistic vision.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I just watched my brother play a bunch of the Titanfall beta... Supremely disappointed that it wont be on PS4 now :(

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I just watched my brother play a bunch of the Titanfall beta... Supremely disappointed that it wont be on PS4 now :(

Yet.

Big Classy wrote: »

Yet.

Ever.

Did you really not hear? Titanfall 1 never coming to PS4.

But Titanfall 2? Well...EA's not going to ignore the PS4's lead over the Xbox One

• Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    If Capcom can weasel out of the Capcom 5, EA can do the same for Titanfall. As said above, they go where the money is, and PS4 is looking pretty green right now.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

Yet.

Ever.

Did you really not hear? Titanfall 1 never coming to PS4.

But Titanfall 2? Well...EA's not going to ignore the PS4's lead over the Xbox One

to be fair, with the way EA have been handling things i wouldn't be surprised if Respawn were to go with a different publisher for their future titles.

I saw some tweet from one of the Respawn founders, the one who is left, and he said EA's exclusive deal for Titanfall was done without Respawns knowledge. Future releases will be on the PS4.

I also figure they'll drop EA so they can put future editions on Steam as well. I suppose it seemed natural to go with EA when they left Activision, but man, what a bad idea. "We want this to be the new franchise to rival CoD! So lets make it exclusive to the least popular of the two new consoles, and force PC users to use the reviled Origin. We can't lose!".

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I am going to have to wait for a port or sequel anyway, because the joke of a server set up they have (which won't be fixed for months here) makes the game unplayable for me. By the time they have fixed the problem it will probably be near enough to when a sequel will be coming out anyway.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    There's ways around the Titanfall debacle. Couldn't they have a GOTY edition a year later with certain add ons and call it a new game?

Or Sony could bring Hawken to the PS4?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6UwLGkjBz8

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    There's ways around the Titanfall debacle. Couldn't they have a GOTY edition a year later with certain add ons and call it a new game?

It honestly rides on EA, I think. If they have Respawn stuck in a contract that says "You have to make 'X' number of games for us to publish" then they kind of have control over where those games go. As evidenced by them taking a bunch of money and locking Titanfall down to XBox/PC without Respawn even knowing. If they think they'll make enough from a Titanfall Sigma, then it's possible, but I think short of a massive moneyhat from Sony, it's a little unlikely.

Which also means that this could possibly happen next time around too, I think. I mean, I know Zampella said that future games would release for PS4, but it might just be out of their hands. Though, I could be wrong on that.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    I can't believe the Respawn guys fell for it twice

i think the deal with EA was specifically for this first game, just to fund its development and get Respawn on its feet. if it was anything beyond that i'm sure we'd have heard by now, much in the same way that Activision were quick to announce that their deal with Bungie would span multiple titles over ten years.

as for this game being re-branded/repackaged and appearing on PS4, i'd wager that's more down to MS and the deal they made with EA. with all the money and promotion that MS has thrown behind this game i'd be surprised if they left any loop-holes in that deal that would allow for it being ported over, and at that absolute least they'd contest any attempt to do so.

it'll be interesting to see how things play out in the future, but for now at least i don't think anyone can say for certain what lies ahead for Respawn or Titanfall. well other than a successful launch and a bright future that is.

• Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    jeffinva wrote: »
    I saw some tweet from one of the Respawn founders, the one who is left, and he said EA's exclusive deal for Titanfall was done without Respawns knowledge. Future releases will be on the PS4.

I also figure they'll drop EA so they can put future editions on Steam as well. I suppose it seemed natural to go with EA when they left Activision, but man, what a bad idea. "We want this to be the new franchise to rival CoD! So lets make it exclusive to the least popular of the two new consoles, and force PC users to use the reviled Origin. We can't lose!".

Whatever Titanfall's sales figures look like, the shareholders will have an ax to grind with EA's leadership, and some heads are likely to roll. Either it sells fairly well in spite of being limited to two underwhelming distribution channels, in which case the missed opportunity for far greater sales to a wider market becomes an issue, or the sales are disappointing in which case Origin and the deal with MS take the blame.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
    Holy Shit sony would make so much money bringing these replaceable face covers stateside!
    I'd pay money for a bunch of these... a uncharted one or a The order one and tons more

The Yakuza one can only be won in a contest in Japan... there are only 100 of them
    The MGS5 one is part of the limited edition bundle

20140217_store_ryu_04.jpg
    Bgp9wXBCcAA5tdR.jpg

• LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »

New details:
    Only male player character models will be available, for reasons apparently bound to the story.

It’s still to be determined if there will be an option to dash to the side in order to dodge attacks.

While the Tokyo Game Show demo had a difficulty setting for “casual,” that won’t be present in the final game, where difficulty will be fixed. The difficulty can of course

Initially there will be only four weapon types at launch (meaning that there’s one that hasn’t been revealed yet on top of spear, sword and shield and greatsword), but more will be added with updates. The limited number at launch is because each weapon has a very different gameplay style.

Meanwhile, all footage of the game has the character in full armor and Capcom still thinks they can make a good story.

And I'm betting those updates will be paid DLC. Oh Capcom.

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    The more I hear about Deep Down, the more it sounds like it's going to be a bad game. Not just the F2P aspects, but just the way they talk about the gameplay does not inspire hope. They should've just made Dragon's Dogma 2 and tried to fix the things that weren't good about 1 and they'd have had a quality game.

• Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    Not sure about how good Deep Down will be, but given that I wasn't really into Dragon's Dogma and its Capcom doing FTP, I can't say I'm optimistic.

My weekend turned out to be pretty unlucky, I get that 7.1 Headset that Sony just put out, the Gold wireless headset, which is a plus. And then my PS4 spits out AssCreed IV overnight, and won't let me put any discs in the slot. And then makes a whirring noise every 5-10 seconds. Looked it up and found a temp fix through safe mode, which didn't work, so now I gotta call Sony. :( This really sucks, AssCreed was amazing with Surround Sound and I was gonna try watching The Lion King with it. At least I still have my Vita *sobs*.

are we expecting to see gameplay in this trailer or is that being saved for E3? as stunning as the game looks it'd be nice if we finally got an idea of how it actually plays.

• AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »

New details:

Meanwhile, all footage of the game has the character in full armor and Capcom still thinks they can make a good story.

And I'm betting those updates will be paid DLC. Oh Capcom.

It's a free to play game so yes it would make sense for some updates to be paid. Don't think it's really time for "Oh Capcom" until we know how they are going to make money off the game.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
    Wraith260 wrote: »

are we expecting to see gameplay in this trailer or is that being saved for E3? as stunning as the game looks it'd be nice if we finally got an idea of how it actually plays.

Gameplay is confirmed i believe

This discussion has been closed.