As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CINEMATIC FANTASTIC [Film and Media Discussion Party]

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    when I say the following, keep in mind I do have a plot that goes with this

but

if I asked you guys to see a movie that could best be described as Robocop meets The Devil Wears Prada, would you

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    is anyone a lego

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Kharnor wrote: »
    You won't get any moments like ED-209 not recognizing compliance

This movie is dead to me

Well there is a scene that's kind of like that, but it's also the stupidest moment in the whole film.
    ED-209 and the other robots are programmed to instantly attack anyone holding a weapon.

Some dumbass kid gets the dumbass idea to attack one of the EDs with a kitchen knife and then dies like a dumbass.

Professor Snugglesworth on

This movie is dead to me

Well there is a scene that's kind of like that, but it's also the stupidest moment in the whole film.
    ED-209 and the other robots are programmed to instantly attack anyone holding a weapon.

Some dumbass kid gets the dumbass idea to attack one of the EDs with a kitchen knife and then dies like a dumbass.

that

isn't really what happens?

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Barkhad Abdi just won a Bafta! Woooo

PSN- AHermano
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So...I know I'm probably lttp but I hear they're trying to remake Short Circuit.

That's it, Hollywood, just piss over my entire childhood.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    The words "pleasantly surprised" come to mind when I think of Robocop

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    The clip they showed on the Daily Show interview last week made it look really bad.

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »

This movie is dead to me

that

isn't really what happens?

Well if you want to get technical about it...
    He doesn't actually attack any of them, but he clearly was hoping to accomplish something with that knife, and he knows the area is filled with killer machines specifically programmed to attack anyone with a weapon.

In hindsight he would have been better off wailing on one of them bare-handed.

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    So...I know I'm probably lttp but I hear they're trying to remake Short Circuit.

That's it, Hollywood, just piss over my entire childhood.
    That is just lazy and pathetic. That's what pisses me off about all of these remakes/reboots/re-fuckyous.

This movie is dead to me

That's so stupid it's funny.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I hope Short Circuit keeps the weird racist undercurrent

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Los Locos kick your ass!

Los Locos kick your face!

Los Locos kick your balls into outer spaaaaaaaace!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    I hope Short Circuit keeps the weird racist undercurrent
    Fisher Stevens has an Oscar now. So they'd sell it like RDJ in Tropic Thunder.

Crimsondude on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    You see. I didn't even remember the weird racist undercurrent because I haven't watched in a long time. Now I'm reminded of that.

Just like with Back to the Future.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    They are going to make Johnny 5 CGI and I am going to vomit eeeeeverywhere.

They are going to make Johnny 5 CGI and I am going to vomit eeeeeverywhere.
    And he'll be mo-capped by Andy Serkis, because anyone can be in that ping pong ball suit, but somehow Hollywood is deluded into thinking differently.

It would be interesting to see J5 as more humanoid given the state of robotics and unmanned vehicles 30 years on.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    It feels like you're ragging on Andy Serkis but I'm not sure why

edited February 2014
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    It feels like you're ragging on Andy Serkis but I'm not sure why
    I just don't buy into the gravitas and mystique of Mr. "No, madame. I am Gollum" Serkis. Mainly because it further diminishes the lack of credit the animators and other production people don't get for "his" performances.

Dawn ... is literally a case where a trained ape could've done his job.

Crimsondude on
    See, again, that sounds a little unfair because it's not an attitude he personally exudes and I don't even think that's anyone's actual perception of him

Also you guys can just not see the Short Circuit remake

Crimson you are just dropping opinions left and right here

the existence of a short circuit remake also doesn't negate the previous existence of short circuit

your childhood is fine

I remember loving the ninja turtles cartoon growing up but I'll be damned if I can remember one thing about it other than the toys

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Andy Serkis' performance in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is fucking incredible

CYpGAPn.png
    the existence of a short circuit remake also doesn't negate the previous existence of short circuit

your childhood is fine
    Exactly.

Every time I see someone say their childhood is being violated I want them to suffer to gain some goddamn perspective.

Well that's really fucked up

CYpGAPn.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    And now you understand crimsondude

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg

your childhood is fine
    Exactly.

Every time I see someone say their childhood is being violated I want them to suffer to gain some goddamn perspective.

Dude...dude...

Get a sense of humor.

Geez, I'm not going to lose sleep over a remake. But I still bitch about it on the internet because that's the cool thing to do.

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    what is it about people named crimson and terrible opinions

Crimson have you always been like this and am I just noticing it now

Its not even out yet and this Short Circuit remake is already tearing us apart!

Yes.

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    See, again, that sounds a little unfair because it's not an attitude he personally exudes and I don't even think that's anyone's actual perception of him
    Y'know I am like 90% sure I have seen an interview with Serkis where he spent half of it thanking and giving credit to the animators

CYpGAPn.png
    Yes.

great

well

I'd say keep it up but I really, really don't want you to

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Andy Serkis a talented actor.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Look at me, spreading my controversial opinions.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Maybe it's just me, but for me

When you're talking fantastic current actors

You can't go wrong with Daniel Day-Lewis

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but for me

When you're talking fantastic current actors

You can't go wrong with Daniel Day-Lewis
    Nah

nah man

Martin

Lawrence

CYpGAPn.png
    I wonder if some poor comedy writer at 2:00 with a deadline at 9 AM the next day ever attempted to write a sketch of Martin Lawrence of Arabia

CYpGAPn.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Short Circuit was kind of a terrible movie you guys

This discussion has been closed.