As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Thread Tags: Classy, Game-Gluttonous, Less Monstrous Than Steam Community At Large

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    Someone help me out - I'm stuck at work, and can't remember if that BeMine bundle with Redshirt is still running? (Stupid filters)

Yeah, it's up for 3 more days.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Does anyone remember the name of that site that accesses your wishlist and lets you know if a game is on sale somewhere other than steam?

http://www.isthereanydeal.com

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Does anyone remember the name of that site that accesses your wishlist and lets you know if a game is on sale somewhere other than steam?
    You are probably thinking of isthereanydeal.com

Edit: Looks like a pixie beat me to it

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    On a different note, I don't think bioware games are meant for my play style or something. I've only ever played Dragon age 2 and mass effect 1 but I have found glitches in both which meant you can't complete a quest. Dragon age was particularly annoying because it was a required quest and it meant I would have to start the game over completely. Hopefully I don't find too many more of these.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    After watching the gameplay video of South Park: The stick of truth, I now have to get it.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    ...bioware... glitches... Hopefully I don't find too many more of these.

It's safe to say you'll probably run into a few.

Look on the bright side though, at least they're not Bethesda.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    oh god Titanfall is so good

this beta has absorbed my life

Having played through Dragon Age Origins about 6 times, and Mass Effect 1 about 8 times, I uh... I can honestly say I don't remember ever running into any particular issues with either one (and my DAO was pretty heavily modded even). ME2 caused me some headaches, but ME1 was always fine - except for the processor affinity issue, but that's more a minor nuisance than a real glitch. (start game, alt-tab out, set CPU affinity to core 0, alt-tab back in. Woe if I forget.)

Maybe I've just been lucky. I have heard, however, that that the console version of Mass Effect is buggy/glitchy.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Having played through Dragon Age Origins about 6 times, and Mass Effect 1 about 8 times, I uh... I can honestly say I don't remember ever running into any particular issues with either one (and my DAO was pretty heavily modded even). ME2 caused me some headaches, but ME1 was always fine - except for the processor affinity issue, but that's more a minor nuisance than a real glitch. (start game, alt-tab out, set CPU affinity to core 0, alt-tab back in. Woe if I forget.)

Maybe I've just been lucky. I have heard, however, that that the console version of Mass Effect is buggy/glitchy.

I couldn't even get through Dragon Age once before I started to fall asleep. Made it through Mass Effect once. Wanted to enjoy ME2 but I lost my save game. Couldn't bring myself to play through ME1 again.

You're a stronger person than I am.

steam_sig.png
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I beat that bioshock infinite. Hoo boy that ending
    Also the game might have the worst shooter enemy dialog of all time

*round corner*
    "You can't hide from me!"
    *back around corner*
    "Where'd he go?!"
    "I lost him!"
    "You have no spine!"

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I beat that bioshock infinite. Hoo boy that ending
    Also the game might have the worst shooter enemy dialog of all time

*round corner*
    "You can't hide from me!"
    *back around corner*
    "Where'd he go?!"
    "I lost him!"
    "You have no spine!"
    They say "you can't hide from me" because they know it's really easy to hide from them and they want to make people think it won't work.

• Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    After putting New Vegas in my backlog for a over a year, I've now put over 60 hours into it. It's sooooo good, but soooooo buggy.

steam_sig.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

I couldn't even get through Dragon Age once before I started to fall asleep. Made it through Mass Effect once. Wanted to enjoy ME2 but I lost my save game. Couldn't bring myself to play through ME1 again.

There's a bunch of sites to download saves and edit saves etc. for ME.

Also it stops sucking ass in combat after ME1 so really try 2.

There's a bunch of sites to download saves and edit saves etc. for ME.

Also it stops sucking ass in combat after ME1 so really try 2.

I got about half way through. But yeah I think I had it on PS3 at the time so there wasn't an option to get old saves.

steam_sig.png
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Battle Eight

Despite the strife of the past few days, the tournament continued. Instead of sold out crowds, the stands were only two thirds full. Armed guards were posted throughout the building, and attendees were regularly searched. The Emperor was in attendance but did not address the Colosseum. Iolo complained aloud bitterly over the lack of attendance, while those seated near kept silent and still.

HEYYYOOO! Welcome back to Steam Thread Battle 2014!
    It's good to be here Ed.
    A reminder to our listeners, be sure to set your libraries to public by the end of the week.
    And if you've been naughty, don't worry! Past transgressions will be forgiven with confession and restitution.
    This change will help the Empire protect us from criminals, who would prey on regular law abiding citizens. Help the Emperor eradicate this plague. Today's match is sponsored by the Steam Transparency Act.
    And what a match we have today, Ed. Two of our most mysterious gladiators will be competing today.
    On the left is @jclast. This tall lanky figure has yet to be seen outside of his armor! He applied for the tournament wearing it and has shown up every day already wearing it. He's not going to be sneaking up on his opponent either. That armor creates a distinctive squeaking noise any time he moves. It looks like today he'll be fighting with a standard buckler shield and gladius.
    On the right we have the tournaments first foreigner and only ruling class participant. Hailing from beyond the Empire's borders, this Lord of Turkeys has come to prove her might against the Empire's best. @Ultrahonky: Lord of the Jive Turkeys is easy to spot on the field. Her helm is topped by a bright pink plume. She carries a spear and full size shield, and is also wearing a leather breastplate and leg guards.

jclast Attack 10 Defend 12 Health 15
    Ultrahonky: Lord of the Jive Turkeys Attack 12 Defend 12 Health 12

MlflnfX.jpg
    Geth roll 1d20-20 for WAIT STOP THE FIGHT!

WAIT:
    1d20-20 -13 [1d20=7]

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I forgot I was fighting today. This makes up for being at work on President's Day like a chump!

camo_sig2.png
    What better way to deal with a shitty holiday Monday stuck in the office watching paint peel than to spend my time hacking @jclast into tiny pieces?

Did anyone bring the kebab skewers? Just curious...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Hey, you can win. I'm just excited that at least in the gladiatorial fantasy I have a "tall lanky figure." It's nice to know that my time at the gym hasn't gone unnoticed by the internet at large.
    IMMA CUT YOU!
    Please don't cut me back!
    Seriously, I'm a bleeder.

camo_sig2.png
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    After putting New Vegas in my backlog for a over a year, I've now put over 60 hours into it. It's sooooo good, but soooooo buggy.

I honestly didn't run into many bugs in New Vegas, and I played it on the 360. I do remember one amusing bug involving Boone and a Brahmin. I was walking by a barn with Boone when he suddenly shouts "Can't hide from me!" (the Bioshock Infinite quote above reminded me of this one) and begins aiming at something. I see a red dot in my minimap indicating a nearby enemy, but all I see are two-headed cows. Then he shoots one of them and everything is back to normal.

edited February 2014
    Battle Eight

Well this is strange. The battle has been halted! It looks like Ultrahonky is being detained by Colosseum security.We've just been handed a news bulletin. Ultrahonky: Lord of the the Jive Turkeys is NOT royalty, or from a far off land. She is apparently a local con artist known for gifting games to unsuspecting individuals, and in fact encouraging others to join in on the same victim.
    Gang gifting? That's some pretty rough stuff.
    She had so far eluded the city guard by using aliases and disguises. Names like Luchaire, Pink Menace, Pixie, Crash-N-Burn, Giftopatra, and more. Authorities believe they have discovered her true identity is @Pixelated Pixie.
    So what's going to happen now?
    Well it looks like Commander Incindium is informing the Emperor now. He does not look pleased. And that's akajaybay, the tournament organizer joining the discussion.
    The Emperor has come to a decision. Despite her known crimes, Pixelated Pixie will be allowed to compete, as she is likely to perish in the tournament anyway. Should she emerge the tournament champion she will then answer for her past misdeeds. This fight is about to begin again.

jclast Attack 10 Defend 12 Health 15
    Pixelated Pixie Attack 12 Defend 12 Health 12

QvzZJ25.jpg
    Geth roll 1d20+10 for jclast's Attack
    Geth roll 1d20+12 for jclast's Defend
    Geth roll 1d20+12 for Pixelated Pixie's Attack
    Geth roll 1d20+12 for Pixelated Pixie's Defend

jclast's Attack:
    1d20+10 12 [1d20=2]
    jclast's Defend:
    1d20+12 30 [1d20=18]
    Pixelated Pixie's Attack:
    1d20+12 20 [1d20=8]
    Pixelated Pixie's Defend:
    1d20+12 23 [1d20=11]

akajaybay on
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Talus9952 wrote: »

I honestly didn't run into many bugs in New Vegas, and I played it on the 360. I do remember one amusing bug involving Boone and a Brahmin. I was walking by a barn with Boone when he suddenly shouts "Can't hide from me!" (the Bioshock Infinite quote above reminded me of this one) and begins aiming at something. I see a red dot in my minimap indicating a nearby enemy, but all I see are two-headed cows. Then he shoots one of them and everything is back to normal.

I'm playing on PC, and I crash often. Also encountered a quest bug at one point that prevented me from finishing the quest. Thankfully, I had a save that was just far enough back to let me redo the quest to finish it.

steam_sig.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I got five Drachma on Pixie.

I was framed.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    I go away and come back to gladiatorial battles.

What is this.

steam_sig.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

What is this.

The best thread competition ever.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

What is this.

This is Steam thread

edited February 2014
    Battle Eight

jclast charges forward with his shield and sword before him. With every step the plates of his metal armor roughly rub together creating loud squeaks and pops. Pixie meets the charge running forward herself, ducks beneath his sword swing, and slides deftly between his legs. In the brief confusion that follows she quickly moves to thrust her spear into his back before he can turn fully around. But is stunned into inaction. As jclast begins to turn the screech of the armor is unbearable. The crowd clutch at their ears and groan in pain.
    The opportunity lost, the battle carries on.

jclast Health 15
    Pixelated Pixie Health 12

jclast's Attack:
    1d20+10 20 [1d20=10]
    jclast's Defend:
    1d20+12 15 [1d20=3]
    1d20+12 27 [1d20=15]
    1d20+12 16 [1d20=4]

akajaybay on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Oh, Pixie almost took him down. Critical hit!

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Oh dear.

camo_sig2.png
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular

What is this.

It's pixie. You knew one of these days she was going to turn on us all. just be happy shes just doing it one at a time.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Pixie has unleashed Pink Fury.

Madican on
    What is this.
    I think I've got most of the basics outlined in the steam group discussion thread in my sig.
    But the shortish story is we've got 50 gladiators who are battling for the grand prize which is some steam games of their choice. Everyone else when they die gets a game from a preassigned to that fight pool of games of varying quality. We're on the 8th fight so far.
    Each gladiator has stats derived from a survey they filled out to sign up. In these fights so far the main ones are attack, defend, and health.
    Geth rolls 1d20 for their attack and defend and their scores are added to that. If their attack is higher than the other persons defend they do damage equal to the difference.
    So up above there jclast just took 12 and pixie took 4.

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I guess Saints Row is going to have to up their Dubstep Gun game, since Harmonix just announced their new music based arena FPS, Chroma, here's the trailer, youtube.com/watch?v=3QZhsTRk-ic

Beta sign ups are at surveymonkey.com/s/ChromaAlphaSignup

Kanden on
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Just a note, Project Zomboid has received its first Multiplayer Build. I am excite.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
    edited February 2014
    Battle Eight

Pixies' mind began to unfog as the high pitched sound finally stops when jclast has finished turning around.
    What crowd there is in the stands grumbles angrily at their discomfort. The Emperor's left eye was twitching and a an even deeper scowl than before set in. Pixie focuses and jams her spear into jclast's upper right chest before he bring his shield up fully. The spear tip punctures the armor easily and leaves a small circular hole behind on its exit. Jclast exclaims in pain. The armor is so tight to his body a jet of blood shoots out from the hole left behind. As Pixie prepares to follow up her attack, blood sprays across her face, blinding her. Jclast takes advantage of the distraction and thrusts his gladius at her stomach. The squeaking armor saves Pixelated Pixie from a fatal gut wound. She pulls back in time to avoid death, but the attack still cuts past her armor.

jclast Health 15 3
    Pixelated Pixie Health 12 8

jclast's Attack:
    1d20+10 21 [1d20=11]
    jclast's Defend:
    1d20+12 26 [1d20=14]
    1d20+12 23 [1d20=11]
    1d20+12 19 [1d20=7]

akajaybay on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The pink bloodlust cannot be contained.

edited February 2014
    Holy shit I'm not dead yet. I love this game! Also, I apparently squirt blood like a boss.
    Told you I'm a bleeder!

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
    If that leaves a scar, I will be very put out.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Thanks @Dirtyboy for Steam World Dig!

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Bundle Stars - Neo:Retro http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/neo-retro-bundle/
    Pay 3,49€ and get:

-Jets'n'Guns Gold
    -Inquisitor Deluxe Edition
    -3089 – Futuristic Action RPG
    -Ethan: Meteor Hunter
    -Universe Sandbox
    -Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual
    -3079 – Block Action RPG
    -Realms of Arkania – Complete Classic Trilogy

This discussion has been closed.