As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yiynova MSP19U - Anyone have experience with this?

I bought a Yiynova MSP19U, it just arrived today. I can't get the thing to work, and I can't seem to find anything online in regards to tech support.

The only thing I found was on Yiynova's site, and it's not very helpful.

Basically it wont display anything.

All the cable connections are good. Though it is going through an adapter as my video card is DVI, and this monitor is VGA. The drivers are up to date. The digitizer responds to the pen, as it'll move around the mouse cursor on my other screen when they're cloned. My computer recognizes another monitor is installed/connected. But when I turn it on I get "NO SIGNAL" and then it goes blank.

Another thing mentioned on their site was to make sure its resolution is set to 1400x900@60hz, which I did. Made no difference. Unless setting it that way from my bios will somehow be different?

I'm not sure what else to do.

So yeah, anyone have experience with these?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    It could be an analog to digital issue. I really don't know a lot about this but....

The monitor is VGA. The available ports on my card are DVI-D and HDMI. DVI-D is digital only, right? So it could be that I'm trying to use a VGA to DVI adapter without an actual converter?

I would try a VGA to HDMI adapter, but that would have the same issue, wouldn't it?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Never mind, totally figured it out. This should be closed and banished to the abyss.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElenitaverdeElenitaverde Registered User new member
    Hi!! I have the same problem! Could you tell me how you solved it..