As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DAOC] Endless Conquest is Live

• RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Okay I wanna really jump in and use that but EA is really pissing.me.off.

For whatever reason, I think my login is my SWTOR login... Instead of my Origin/EA login. Why they aren't the same thing I couldn't say, but I do remember I had an authenticator on that account. Which means I get to go through EA's customer service to get it removed, when the SWTOR website starts working that is.

Y'know I'm feeling kinda sad that EA will still handle the login stuff for DAOC now.

Use on of your emails and your normal password. At least that's how I got in with mine I think.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Odd. Mine is my Origin account, which all SWTOR accounts are, and SWTOR has an authenticator. I have no issues logging in.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I feel a tiny bit dumb for not using my email first, but still annoying. Wouldn't recognize my account name.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Oh man. This...

This has not aged well. I don't think I can do this.

@Dr_Keenbean I had to download a UI mod when I played it last time.

Oh? What was it?

I can't for the life of me remember, might have gotten it from the Herald.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    7 free days!

Trying to fight the urge.

D:

I kinda miss my old Theurgust and Friar.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
    Sooooo tempting.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    damn... this was my first mmo and I still remember leveling my necro and entering the shrouded isles for the first time...

and how mind blowing how big the game felt with it's three distinct realms

I decided, fuck it, I'm resubbing. Currently playing on albion on ywain10 (not that it matters, but that's where my old toons lay).

I want to reform my original guild but I don't want to try and proposition people and it's only going to be me unless my buddy wiglaf comes back because someone last time almost took it from me. (Got an email that one of the recruits I invited before I left tried requested GM back in the hayday)

• MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    I hope broadsword offers some kind of silver subscription or model where I can maintain a house indefinitely or for $10 or less a month. I easily spend a good 2 days out of any 7 day welcome back time redoing my house.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
    I'd rather just be able to drop like.. $50 on it. Good forever.

They could easily work F2P into this model. Sell things for housing, and so on.

So maybe @roe or someone else can answer this.

When I /gc transfer ... do I need 3 people total, include myself, or two people total? The documentation is misleading I assume it's only two people.

To reform it, that is.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    So maybe @roe or someone else can answer this.

When I /gc transfer ... do I need 3 people total, include myself, or two people total? The documentation is misleading I assume it's only two people.

Two is all you need.

steam_sig.png
    Thanks daimar!

edited March 2014
    Well, the first New New Frontiers patch went live on the test server. I'm waiting for both to be released and then resub.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
    So I guess there's Champion levels and Master levels in DAoC. I left right at the end of ToA/Catacombs. Master levels are the ToA stuff right? Is there a point in getting that? Am I going to be able to do that solo or try to get 7 of the 300 people in my realm to help me?

I guess Champion is just normal leveling again, just killing shit?

edited March 2014
    Champion levels kick in once you hit 50 and accrue normally, you just have to visit the king to have them take effect. Once you receive them you get extra hitpoints per level as well as access to abilities not available to your archetype (fighters can get some healer/caster/etc abilities), most often taken are resist buffs for non-healer type characters, castable disease and so on. You also get access to champion weapons and mytherians which are great. You get fantastic champion XP from RvR and somewhat slower in PvE but it's not a headache.

Master levels are the ToA stuff and while it is not strictly needed it is nice to have for most classes. If you want to run the raids most have been simplified so it can be easily done with a group of 8 or less or if you just want to buy them you can turn in BPs or Atlantean Glass for master level credit. BPs come from killing people so depending on how much you RvR'd previously you may have a nice stockpile or you can farm up Atlantean Glass by killing things in ToA zones. Alternately you can have someone else turn in their BPs and hand you the items which give credit and pay them in gold, going rates are around 1BP = 1g but you may find lower.

Daimar on
    steam_sig.png
    Glass it is!

edited April 2014
    First new frontiers patch is live. Prepare yourself for mount armor, dock skirmishes, and the revival of the portal ceremony.

Oh, and doppelgangers are back.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • RanaVexRanaVex Registered User regular
    Those were the times .. I remember, I was a pretty nice druid (Heal/Buff) and than shaman (Buff /CC) on a german server (Stonehenge) with some very good 8v8-Groups. God, was so funny to bring down Zergs. Played the most in old frontier / SI / ToA and not so much in NF, I didnt liked it very much. But I will never ever play a MMO without comparing it to DaoC and I got always disappointed.

i24ljphx1z1q.jpg
    edited May 2014
    man the temptation to get back into this... some work friends are playing and talking about it. anyone from PA still interested and maybe want to get together? I'm interested in leveling some lowbies re-experiencing the whole thing again... At least until wildstar comes

Super Namicchi on
  • Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    what's the subscription model for this these days? Still charging $15/month?

PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
    yeah, I'm getting a week long returning veteran bonus though so I'm sure there are those who already have accounts that will get the same deal

so i dropped back in, they definitely introduced some massive quality of life improvements

the gear you get from questing and can buy being magical and the buff vendors was a good idea, i'm going to make a character and go through the new progression alongside doing it the 'old way' (killan monstars)

apparently the BGs have a lot of folks in them these days so I'm excited for that

• onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular
    I'm going to see if I can get access to my original accounts again.. Is /level still a thing? I'd enjoy getting some bg characters, especially if they are active. Quit after ToA, played some on Uthgard prior to the wipe, but I'm again itching for some DAoC.

they disabled /level actually

however! the leveling in the game is FAST. they've implemented quests into all the battlegrounds worth a TON so if you don't mind the possibility of getting ganked while killing some mobs, you can blaze to 20 really fast. there's also quests for murderizing people that also gives XP

on top of that those quests give you bounty points which you spend at merchants in the BGs that sell really good magic gear for that level range (10-15, 15-19, 20-24 etc etc)

so you're basically being bribed to go out and play in the BGs and do RvR which I think is awesome. a buddy and I were playing around on dual runemasters and we got absorbed into a small middie group and we had some clashes against an alb group about the same size (it was like 6v6?)

this was in the 15-19 tier too, once we got to 20-24 we started seeing stealthers rolling around and such

it was sooooper nostalgic and fun!

i should also point out that they put in NPCs that sell buff tokens for a small amount of gold that basically give you everything a buff bot gave you, so they pretty much eliminated the need for them and put people on a more even playing field

The gear you get at max level is the bees knees. I remember being totally trash on everyone except my necro (lol necro) because getting gear was a PITA.

edited May 2014
    Well it only took four three (e:counting is hard) days to get support to merge my old account into my EA account.

So now that whole ordeal is over. In the meantime, I made a 14 day trial account and yeah, a LOT has changed since ToA launched. I'm kinda thinking I am going to run out this 14 day trial before deciding to activate my old account's 7day trial and possibly subbing.

Has anyone tried to transfer their characters from an archived server to one of the current clusters? How much of a headache was it, and with the new progression / game, is it even worth it? I probably would be forced to re-learn the classes anyway.

onesixty2 on
    It was painless unless you've got a house or a guild you want to transfer, then it's like boring your eyes out with a toothpick.

Hm. I guess I can let <Homicidal Unicorns> die..

i did some transfers but the leveling is so fast and buttery smooth. what cluster is everyone playing on anyhow? we need to get some PA love

There is only one cluster, Ywain. (unless you play Gaheris I guess)

steam_sig.png
    well the housing zones are different, I really meant shard

Eh the shard is no biggie. It's only used for housing anyways really from what I can tell.

can you travel to other shards houses? i think that's the actual question.

I'm on Ywain 6, since that is one of the numbers it recommended to have housing slots still. Haven't actually made a character I intend to keep yet though. Also, which realm are you guys playing?