As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Thread Tags: Classy, Game-Gluttonous, Less Monstrous Than Steam Community At Large

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    If that leaves a scar, I will be very put out.

No worries. That's totally a bikini scar. If you survive anyway.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Having played through Dragon Age Origins about 6 times, and Mass Effect 1 about 8 times, I uh... I can honestly say I don't remember ever running into any particular issues with either one (and my DAO was pretty heavily modded even). ME2 caused me some headaches, but ME1 was always fine - except for the processor affinity issue, but that's more a minor nuisance than a real glitch. (start game, alt-tab out, set CPU affinity to core 0, alt-tab back in. Woe if I forget.)

Maybe I've just been lucky. I have heard, however, that that the console version of Mass Effect is buggy/glitchy.

They all had a lot of geometry problems, but at least you could use the console to fix them in ME1. ME2 also had a crash to desktop bug they never bothered patching, which triggered if you moved powers around the hotbar in combat (say, if you have different characters from the last mission).

And way too many 1 week from @corriganx's gifts to count, Thanks @Drake for Fallen enchantress legendary heroes, @isorn for ethan meteor hunter, and @shogun for Akalash legacy

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Battle Eight

Jclast presses the attack, raining repeated blows down on Pixies shield. He varies the angle of attack hoping to get in under her guard. Pixie's vision is still blurred, and it's all she can do to make sure her shield blocks each swing. She sees the next attack going wide to her left and swings her shield out to block it. But leaves her wound unprotected from jclasts buckler bashing into her gut. As she gasps in pain and catches her breath, the attacks pause. The two fighters stare each other down. Jclast pulls some dirty rags from a belt pouch and jams them into the hole in his armor which had been continuing to weakly project blood. Pixie nods and takes the brief respite to wipe at her eyes and assess her own wound. The screech of metal as jclast resumes his fighting stance signals the break is over. Pixie tightens the grip on her spear and considers her next move.

jclast Health 15 3
    Pixelated Pixie Health 12 8 6
    Geth roll 1d20+10 for jclast's Attack
    Geth roll 1d20+12 for jclast's Defend
    Geth roll 1d20+12 for Pixelated Pixie's Attack
    Geth roll 1d20+12 for Pixelated Pixie's Defend

jclast's Attack:
    1d20+10 28 [1d20=18]
    jclast's Defend:
    1d20+12 24 [1d20=12]
    Pixelated Pixie's Attack:
    1d20+12 32 [1d20=20]
    Pixelated Pixie's Defend:
    1d20+12 14 [1d20=2]

• Options
    I think there may have to be some scarring. Where's my calculator...

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Well pooh.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    The biggest problem with Bioware games that I've found, has always been the pathfinding. They just cannot fix this. I've played Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Icewind Dale, Torment, Kotor 1 and 2, NWN 1 and 2, ME1 and 2. I understand some of those games were from Black Isle/Obsidian, but the base pathfinding is still Bioware code. Selecting your entire party and order them to move from point A to point B is always an exercise in frustration/amusement.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Another mighty killing blow!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    Thanks @Dirtyboy for Steam World Dig!

Steamworld Dig is awesome! Everyone here should play it!

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    EDIT: It turns out that I can't do simple math! Huzzah!
    Sorry I killed you, Pixie.
    Unless I screwed up the math again, then *gurgle, spit, die*

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    And the curse of the right takes its third victim, a few more and it will rival the great curse of the left. We are all pawns in Geths sinister dice rolling machinations.

• Options
    jclast wrote: »
    Oh man, I was so close!

Unless I did my math wrong, you won.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I completely forgot to check out the last set of weekly deals, but there are some good ones in this week's set.

Standouts:
    Silent Storm Gold Edition,75% off ($2.50)
    SteamWorld Dig, 50% off ($5.00)

Savant - Ascent, 50% off (99 friggin' cents) - I don't have this one yet, but figure I probably will shortly because the trailer makes it look like some crazy pick-up-and-play game made by Treasure.

edit: Looking back at last week's deals, I guess I did see them! And there were some pretty good ones in there at the time, like Renegade Ops, but I think almost everyone has that game already.

SteevL on
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Just a note, Project Zomboid has received its first Multiplayer Build. I am excite.

And...I am currently hosting a server for the afternoon days(?), while home from work sick. Hit me up on Steam if you want join.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    I completely forgot to check out the last set of weekly deals, but there are some good ones in this week's set.

Standouts:
    Silent Storm Gold Edition,75% off ($2.50)
    SteamWorld Dig, 50% off ($5.00)

Savant - Ascent, 50% off (99 friggin' cents) - I don't have this one yet, but figure I probably will shortly because the trailer makes it look like some crazy pick-up-and-play game made by Treasure.

edit: Looking back at last week's deals, I guess I did see them! And there were some pretty good ones in there at the time, like Renegade Ops, but I think almost everyone has that game already.

Silent Storm is godly.

That is all.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Borderlands 2 GOTY $15 over at GetGamesGo.

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Sees GMG ad in promotion box
    Skim through
    Intrieged by lords of football cover
    Clicks link and does some homework on the side
    Comes back to this.
    large-2-640x350.jpg
    large-1-640x350.jpg

• Options
    Thanks @malakaius for Avadon 2 and silent storm

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Oh man, I was so close!

Unless I did my math wrong, you won.

Yeah, pixie at -8, jclast at -5.

Dammit, I wanted to be the one to gut her.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Battle Eight

The battle rages on for another 15 minutes. Pixie continues to punch holes in the metal encased man, and he continues to cut away at his opponent. The Emperor couldn't decide which one he'd rather see die more. The criminal liar who dared enter his grand contest, or the one making his eye twitch repeatedly with the high pitched scraping. The screeching armor was like a knife in his eye. It wasn't one of his usual migraines, but it was becoming close enough. Finally, jclast was knocked to the ground. Pixie drove her spear into his left shoulder, levering the spear back and forth while he cries in agony pinned to the ground by the shoulder. With more metal shrieking the arm is torn free. In another shower of blood jclast stabs back at Pixie and severely wounds her. Pixie and the crowd watch in stunned horror as jclast stands, blood spraying from the socket in his armor where the arm should be attached. Disbelief in what is happening keeps Pixie from guarding against his final blow which sweeps through her right leg severing it at the knee. Jclast quickly collapses after Pixie. The limited crowd waffles between applause and disgust, unsure who had won this encounter.

The Emperor chuckled in delight until akajaybay leaned in to remind him, he needed one of them alive for the tournament.
    His brief happiness soured. "Fine, we'll see what we can do for jclast. But I want that armor stripped off of him. It is offensive. The criminal can die there. And don't forget to give her her game. He started to laugh again.

jclast Health 15 3 (-5)
    Pixelated Pixie Health 12 8 6 (-8)

EuRbebX.jpg

• Options
    Yeah someone double check me on those final health totals just in case. But I think that's right.

• Options
    It's right.

Waste of a perfectly good natural 20 on that last round too!

B)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Left arm's the only one I need anyway. Having two arms is for suckers.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options

Uh oh

Pixie drove her spear into his left shoulder, levering the spear back

• Options
    It takes a special kind of evil to take off a man's arm with a spear, you know.

So uh. Yeah. At least I have that...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    akajaybay wrote: »

Uh oh

Damn it! You can add reading to the growing list of things I can't do today.
    I'll learn to be a righty then.

Next term's coursework:
    Basic Arithmetic
    Reading Comprehension
    Doing Shit With My Right Hand

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    Whoa, the Weeklong Deals are really great this time around.

Picked up Silent Storm: Gold, Binary Domain, and Avadon 2.

• Options
    Thanks @antecantelope for Suffering TWD season 2

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    ...bioware... glitches... Hopefully I don't find too many more of these.

It's safe to say you'll probably run into a few.

Look on the bright side though, at least they're not Bethesda.

Oddly, I only really ran into one CDT bug in Skyrim, and maybe half a dozen other game stopping glitches (including the one where nearly killing Miraak in battle screws the pooch). Oblivion and Fallout 3 combined were more buggy than the both of them, at least for me.

Real Edit: bad joke badly told. Deleted now.
    akajaybay wrote: »

Uh oh

Damn it! You can add reading to the growing list of things I can't do today.
    I'll learn to be a righty then.

Next term's coursework:
    Basic Arithmetic
    Reading Comprehension

Screw that. If Pixie's left arm is still working, graft it on to your body and use that. Unless you in the negative means you die as well. Then there's really more to worry about than "doing shit with your right hand". ;)

On gaming news holy fuck but Lords of Shadow is great amounts of bloody fun. And as a mid-high fan of Castlevania I love all the subtle hints of the previous timeline/parallel line, such as the Bernhard and Cronqvist families from Lament of Innocence, the Wygol Village and Veros Woods from Simon's Quest are the ones I currently have noticed. It's like one giant what-if and also, the game is beautiful.

And Patrick Stewart just has one of those voices that could read a menu and still be engrossing.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

It'll feel weird at first, but you'll get used to it.

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

. . . Chicks dig scars? ;)

Fake edit: or dead bodies, I guess.

Anyone up for a little necrophilia?

Where's the "WTF?" button when I need one?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

. . . Chicks dig scars? ;)

Fake edit: or dead bodies, I guess.

Anyone up for a little necrophilia?

Where's the "WTF?" button when I need one?

Sorry, that was meant to be a "chicks" as in, "any chicks for necrophilia", in the concept that if chicks dig scars, they might like more than that. Then I typed anyone instead, which spoiled a joke that already was hard enough to get across the internet. :/

So yeah, just forget that was even there?

• Options

And Patrick Stewart just has one of those voices that could read a menu and still be engrossing.

Meh, he's no Morgan Freeman (who really really needs to start doing more video game voice work)

http://youtu.be/QSyynT9IidU

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Looks like Gamersgate.com is having a sale on Borderlands 2 and BL2 accessories, so if anyone doesn't have the Headhunter packs yet, they're 50% off, and activated on Steam.

sig.gif
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    wtb a duo partner for metal slug 3!
    steam# evilthecat

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    LostNinja wrote: »

Meh, he's no Morgan Freeman (who really really needs to start doing more video game voice work)

http://youtu.be/QSyynT9IidU

I actually throw him into the same pot as Morgan Freeman, so to speak. Along with John Hurt and for any western ever (and possibly some other tales besides those), Sam Elliot.

• Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    @akajaybay it's been said before but I have to say it again. I'm extremely glad you decided to go over the top with the gladiator battles. They are always so much fun to read.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    On gaming news holy fuck but Lords of Shadow is great amounts of bloody fun. And as a mid-high fan of Castlevania I love all the subtle hints of the previous timeline/parallel line, such as the Bernhard and Cronqvist families from Lament of Innocence, the Wygol Village and Veros Woods from Simon's Quest are the ones I currently have noticed. It's like one giant what-if and also, the game is beautiful.

I'm liking it for the most part, for all the same reasons you mentioned. That said, if the chapter count is any indication, I'm just a little over halfway through now and it feels like it's beginning to get a little long in the tooth. Maybe I'm just more appreciative of shorter games these days, but for a game like this, 15 hours feels like a long time to play to only get halfway through. Maybe the second half will go much faster though, I dunno. I think it's the combat mechanics that are wearing me out. It feels like there are almost too many options and moves, and half of them I can't even remember how to do in the heat of battle. I don't know if that's a flaw of the game or just me being bad at it though.

I totally agree that it can be quite beautiful though. There are parts that are sort of bland, but when it hits those high notes, it looks spectacular.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    Whoa, the Weeklong Deals are really great this time around.

Picked up Silent Storm: Gold, Binary Domain, and Avadon 2.

Agreed, there's a couple of titles on there I want. So far, I've been disciplined since the Thanksgiving sale and actually work on my backlog instead of acquiring myself more games. I blame the steam thread for my backlog increasing! Stay classy folks ;)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Coming to PS4 first, but I love the aesthetic here, and the puzzles look fun.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDSrYiheVow

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    And on cue, @LostNinja took that opportunity to drop some class in my gift box and increase my backlog. Thank you so much for Steamworld dig, you monster!

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.