As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PlayStation] - This week: Strider and the Japanese PS4 launch

191011121315»

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    YESSS!

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I'm not sure what PS4 game I should be looking forward to playing. Watch Dogs doesn't really interest me, and I can't get excited for Infamous for some reason. Deep Down looked promising the last I saw of it, but I'm nervous about it being a free to play game.
    zllehs wrote: »
    DEEP DOWN GAME PLAY VIDEO

New details:
    Only male player character models will be available, for reasons apparently bound to the story.

It’s still to be determined if there will be an option to dash to the side in order to dodge attacks.

While the Tokyo Game Show demo had a difficulty setting for “casual,” that won’t be present in the final game, where difficulty will be fixed. The difficulty can of course
    been changed server-side by the developer if needed, like in most online games.

There will be a story mode, divided in chapters.

Remote play with the PS Vita will be supported.

Initially there will be only four weapon types at launch (meaning that there’s one that hasn’t been revealed yet on top of spear, sword and shield and greatsword), but more will be added with updates. The limited number at launch is because each weapon has a very different gameplay style.

It doesnt look tense or dynamic or fun

DouglasDanger on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Get excited about Ground Zeroes.

Because Metal Gear is the best.

I guess the embargo for the The Order 1886 ends tomorrow, so maybe I will get excited for that.

I'm not a big fan of Metal Gear stuff. I tried to like MGS and MGS2, but I had more fun watching my roommates play those games than I did actually playing them.

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Oh that should be cool, that's one of the games I'm looking forward to.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I meant 1886.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I guess the embargo for the The Order 1886 ends tomorrow, so maybe I will get excited for that.

I'm not a big fan of Metal Gear stuff. I tried to like MGS and MGS2, but I had more fun watching my roommates play those games than I did actually playing them.

I totally understand, while I love playing the games I have some friends that have made days of just watching me come over and beat the games. They wait for me to beat the game once and know how to get through all the bits, and then they ask me to play through it again so they can just watch the whole thing. It's basically a long movie for them, and I get to play my favorite series again, so, win win.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    PS4 surpasses 5.3million sold as of Feb 8th.

I'll be picking up a PS4 in a few months, but I'll renew my XBL Gold for one more year for Dark Souls 2 and Ultra Street Fighter 4. Maybe I'll pick up a XB1 within a year as well.

Plus I can watch Twitch on my Big Screen via my 360 while PS4 limits you to other PS4 streams.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    It seems that's a highly-requested feature, wonder if they'll ever implement it. I don't really get into the whole game-streaming thing personally

I'm just happy that PS4 is getting HBO Go, and should have the WWE Network app up next week

So Strider comes out this week for PS4 (as well as PS3, Xbox 360 and Xbox One)

Good news? It's apparently awesome, getting high reviews pretty much across the board. So if you want a fun new Metroidvania, this appears to be the ticket

Also the PlayStation 4 launches in Japan this week as well, on February 22nd

Sony reported today that the PS4 has sold 5.3 million units through to customers as of February 8th. In the ten days since then and with the impending Japanese launch, expect the PS4 to have overtaken the Wii U's launch-to-date sales numbers of 5.9 million, doing it in just a little over three months.

Which is insane.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Strider is today, right?

I'm trying to see if I can download it from work but I guess the store hasn't been updated yet.

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    YO STRIDER????

lfYVHTd.png
    If you're in the U.S., your free games this week are Remember Me (PS3) and Street Fighter x Tekken (Vita)

AtomicTofu wrote: »
    The Order 1886 gameplay footage:

http://youtu.be/57yGx-sBgHA

The actual mechanics seem rather...standard, but damn if it doesn't look pretty.

I think I need to see more game play. It seems like a neat setting, but if it is just a cover shooter that has a lot of QTEs, my interest will wane

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Apparently I am now a PS3.

My name is Fyndir.

Hooray!

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I am liking Strider, the bosses are excellent and the difficulty starts out mashy but doesn't really stay that way

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    So doing more research, you Can watch any twitch stream via the site with PS4's web browser. So that takes care of my previous concern. My XBLG renewal isn't until April and I can play Dark Souls 2 and USF4 on my computer. Still probably not worth getting a PS4 now just to use as a twitch box until a game I like is released though.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Found some PS4s sitting around a few days ago, so I nabbed one, a year of PS+, and Rayman. Rayman is so good. I'll go ahead and add everyone later today, PSN is MisterBeeb123.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Coming up in March for Playstation Plus free games (US):

PS4: Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition

PS3: Tomb Raider, Thomas Was Alone, Lone Survivor Director's Cut

Vita: Unit 13, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP)