As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Thread Tags: Classy, Game-Gluttonous, Less Monstrous Than Steam Community At Large

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    It takes a special kind of evil to take off a man's arm with a spear, you know.

So uh. Yeah. At least I have that...

Don't worry Pixie, Nobody here doubts your Evilness.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    @lolo

i can't stop looking at your avatar.

steam_sig.png
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    On gaming news holy fuck but Lords of Shadow is great amounts of bloody fun. And as a mid-high fan of Castlevania I love all the subtle hints of the previous timeline/parallel line, such as the Bernhard and Cronqvist families from Lament of Innocence, the Wygol Village and Veros Woods from Simon's Quest are the ones I currently have noticed. It's like one giant what-if and also, the game is beautiful.

I'm liking it for the most part, for all the same reasons you mentioned. That said, if the chapter count is any indication, I'm just a little over halfway through now and it feels like it's beginning to get a little long in the tooth. Maybe I'm just more appreciative of shorter games these days, but for a game like this, 15 hours feels like a long time to play to only get halfway through. Maybe the second half will go much faster though, I dunno. I think it's the combat mechanics that are wearing me out. It feels like there are almost too many options and moves, and half of them I can't even remember how to do in the heat of battle. I don't know if that's a flaw of the game or just me being bad at it though.

I totally agree that it can be quite beautiful though. There are parts that are sort of bland, but when it hits those high notes, it looks spectacular.

I'm at 17 hours and at Chapter 6, part 3. I noticed that many of the last chapters (8.3, 8.4,11.2 and 12, as well as 14.1 and 14.2 if you have the DLC) are simply boss fights. Some of them huge and climactic, others just your basic bossfight, but according to the walkthrough, all boss fights. That does still leave about 14 stages for me of variable levels, but I'm still kind of having a blast with the battle mechanics. I'm mainly a button masher, but pulling off one of the more advanced moves in battle is . . . enlivening.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • EmberquickEmberquick Master of Dungeons Deep UndergroundRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    <half-heartedly doing push-ups in the training yard during today's fight>

four . . . . . . . . five . . . . . . . . six . . . . . . . .
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Battle Eight
    Pixie drove her spear into his left shoulder, levering the spear back and forth while he cries in agony pinned to the ground by the shoulder. With more metal shrieking the arm is torn free. In another shower of blood jclast stabs back at Pixie and severely wounds her. Pixie and the crowd watch in stunned horror as jclast stands, blood spraying from the socket in his armor where the arm should be attached. Disbelief in what is happening keeps Pixie from guarding against his final blow which sweeps through her right leg severing it at the knee. Jclast quickly collapses after Pixie.

JUMPING JUPITER ON A POGO STICK! THEY DISMEMBERED EACH OTHER!

And I only have two days left!

<resumes push-ups with purpose>

seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven . . . .

Emberquick on
    steam_sig.png
    @ioio

and now i know your name isn't LoLo

steam_sig.png
  • HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    @ioio

and now i know your name isn't LoLo

See, without the Ultima screenshot avatar nobody knows the correct spelling of @Iolo.

HeirTransparent on
    steam_sig.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I....

I don't know how to feel about the fact that I died for a game called THE EXPENDABLES!

expendablepixie.jpg

:P
    Thanks @akajaybay!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I read somewhere that the Expendables game was dumb cheesy fun, especially if you played it in 4-player co-op.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I had no idea there was an Expendables video game. Without looking up what type of game it is, I pretty much thought that Renegade Ops successfully filled that niche.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    I read somewhere that the Expendables game was dumb cheesy fun, especially if you played it in 4-player co-op.

Well, really, that describes like any game. It takes a seriously bad game to ruin 4 player co-op.

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Emberquick wrote: »
    <half-heartedly doing push-ups in the training yard during today's fight>

four . . . . . . . . five . . . . . . . . six . . . . . . . .
    Battle Eight
    Pixie drove her spear into his left shoulder, levering the spear back and forth while he cries in agony pinned to the ground by the shoulder. With more metal shrieking the arm is torn free. In another shower of blood jclast stabs back at Pixie and severely wounds her. Pixie and the crowd watch in stunned horror as jclast stands, blood spraying from the socket in his armor where the arm should be attached. Disbelief in what is happening keeps Pixie from guarding against his final blow which sweeps through her right leg severing it at the knee. Jclast quickly collapses after Pixie.

JUMPING JUPITER ON A POGO STICK! THEY DISMEMBERED EACH OTHER!

And I only have two days left!

<resumes push-ups with purpose>

seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven . . . .

I am looking forward to this fight. Advance apologies to Mudzgut's characterization.
    And to make it official Expendables 2 the Game is in the Bad Rats grade of games. But Pixie had been immunized to that and other things.
    5 more of those to go.

Edit: And jclast had not already been infected with rats. Just making it clear what the stakes were that fight.

akajaybay on
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Silent Storm is dope as hell. It's Xcom in World War 2 where you can destroy EVERYTHING.

Like, there are Nazis on the second floor. You can A) walk up the stairs, maybe into a trap, shoot some Nazis in the faces or arms or whatnot. B. Shoot through the floor, possibly killing some Nazis and maybe destroying the floor, dumping the remaining Nazis onto your floor. C) Plant C4 and/or other explosives on the foundations of the building, blowing it up, crashing it down and killing all Nazi motherfuckers inside.

Silen Storm is HELLA dope.

I think I'll buy it again on Steam, even though I have it on GOG, if only to say, "Silent Storm creators, your game is awesome! Make more of them!"

Medium Dave on
    I just ran into a Night Mare for the first time in Rogue Legacy.

Needless to say I died terrified.

steam_sig.png
  • shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    So the talk about Christine Love's new game has me wondering, does Steam have an official stance on erotic/adult-themed games? Not the creepy hentai game stuff, but like Christine's upcoming adult visual novel type thing. Do they have a hardline ban on adult games? Clearly they let in games like The Witcher and The Wolf Among Us that employ full-frontal nudity, so I'm curious where the line is.

Those games are rated by the ESRB with "just" an M, so that's probably why they're available without issue. It's a simple ratings thing. I don't know what Valve's (un)official stance on what constitutes as too an extreme of content, though. If you look at policies of retail stores, though, you'd see many of them won't carry games that are AO and films that are NC-17, but anything up to M or R are fine. (But then they also usually do carry those "unrated" editions of films that may or may not go beyond an an MPAA R, so who the hell knows, right?)

It does have a game with full frontal nudity that lets you buy and use prostitutes.

Which is sad, because the implication is that GTA is more valuable to the culture of the medium than Christine Love's razor sharp writing. But (American) ratings systems in general have always had a real problem when it comes to the grading of violence vs. sexuality.

I'm hoping that, considering that the Leisure Suit Larry remake made it to Steam, that this will too. We need more weird VNs on Steam.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Huh.

This is a thing that's real.

I love pink.
    I love cupcakes.
    I love heart shapes.
    I derive juvenile amusement from the "Just the tip" joke.

I think that all still might be too much even for me.

(edit: Link to relevant game.)

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    Huh.

This is a thing that's real.

I love pink.
    I love cupcakes.
    I love heart shapes.
    I derive juvenile humor from the "Just the tip" joke.

I think that all still might be too much even for me.

(edit: Link to relevant game.)

Anybody interested in moving in with me so we can play just the tip? If they ever add online play I'd have to jump on this so fast.

steam_sig.png
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Oh. So you want to move in with someone to play just the tip.

I getcha. I getcha.

M A G I K A Z A M
    There's been some pretty great looking local co-op games lately.
    I think this greenlight alpha game looks like a lot of fun.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Gc1F83I_E

• staplerofpaperstaplerofpaper Registered User regular
    The Universe is a big, big place. Full of Monsters. Be careful.
    Universe Sandbox: L6C24-85Q2Z-KHQC7
    Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate: 2YV7Z-83GIJ-MWQNE

steam_sig.png
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

I was watching this live last week and was laughing so hard I was crying. Skip to about 5:00 or so for when they get to the actual battle.

• DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    So is it worth getting Guns of Icarus at this stage? DO people still play it?

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    everyone's name should be LoLo

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

People do.

I never really found it much fun outside of playing with friends though.

SteevL wrote: »
    I was watching this live last week and was laughing so hard I was crying. Skip to about 5:00 or so for when they get to the actual battle.
    26:05 fight is pretty great

• BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular

Grabbed Universe Sandbox, thanks!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited February 2014

Grabbed Pixeljunk Ultimate. Thank you!

And to reciprocate :)

signature.png

Jubal77 on
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

Man I laughed my ass off watching this.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Thanks @daxtermax for children of light, and @pixelated pixie for Wishlist destroyer.

steam_sig.png
    Spoit wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Taramoor's Weekly Giftaway, Week 35

signature.png

Anybody that doesn't have Tomb Raider yet? High on my list of the best games on Steam.

Good thing I went for this instead of Tomb Raider then!
    signature.png

Other ONE WEEK FROM @CORRIGANX's Birthday contests:
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

And others which I am not sure if I gave away or not:
    2aim.jpg3-438ZP-WRI36

4VBCQ-XZ30T-SLIME_-_DW1%2C2%2C3%2C4_-_NES.pngGFI
    Oops, I accidentally set the first thief giveaway for today, instead of next week, which is @corriganx birthday. @taramoor is the winner!

steam_sig.png
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    God damnit, this is going to be the fourth time I've bought Silent Storm...

Original and Gold hard copies from Amazon, gold from GoG, and now gold on Steam.

Yeah, it's that damn good

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    @lolo

...You still living with that stripper?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    signature.png

Still time to enter for cool ninja action

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    @lolo

...You still living with that stripper?

This would be a really good time to chime in with an uncouth joke about your mom.
    Someone should do that...

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie is awesome. Not only did she help me avoid getting Bad Rats'd, but then she gave me a "thanks for killing me in the tournament" present. I'm floored. Thanks very much, Pixie. Your class is amazing.

omg_zombies_zpsd249f538.png

camo_sig2.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

Aside from the daily, its part of the current Be Mine Bundle for as little as $1

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Last call before I try in their respective game threads:
    Hey Steam thread,

I have some stuff from the Winter Sale:

gf3bEVR.png
    Santa's Beard, an Extraordinary Ragnarok Online 2 item

XIeJBFb.png
    Coat of Arms - Green Farmer, an Uncommon Stronghold Kingdoms item, and

brCW6hv.png
    Melting Snowflake, a Common War Thunder item

I'm interested in trading for one of the following:

A.) A copy of Railworks with all DLC
    B.) A Quad Core LGA 775 CPU
    C.) A Red Ryder BB Gun with a compass in the stock and this thing which tells time
    D.) Tasteful nudes of @CorriganX
    E.) A PM telling me which one(s) you want and a link to your Steam profile if we aren't friends

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    So, Saints Row 4 was kinda amazing. If it's not on your list for the next sale... put it on there.

I mean, to start with, it is the best Matrix video game you will ever get. On top of that, it's a Saints Row game. So, yeah, run super fast. Jump super high. Blow things up with mind bullets while dressed as a toilet. Also you're the president. Also Keith David (voiced by Keith David) is your vice-president. Exit the simulation and "romance" everyone in your crew. Do a barrel roll. Dance like no one's watching. Save the girl. Finish the Fight. Blow shit up.

As Nolan North.

For 'Murrica.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited February 2014

Aside from the daily, its part of the current Be Mine Bundle for as little as $1

I played it a bunch last week. Its......so damn fun. There's little variety in the matches at the moment, but just play and hear a woman (or a small boy) speak over their headset, "Ram them!" And then ram someone, and watch the points tick up.

Just pick engineer unless you want to be a captain. I see no point in being a gunner.

edit: War Thunder keeps crashing the CTF loader and I don't know what that is....so....fuck that.

RoyceSraphim on
    Thanks @berylline for steamworld dig.

steam_sig.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    So, Saints Row 4 was kinda amazing. If it's not on your list for the next sale... put it on there.

I mean, to start with, it is the best Matrix video game you will ever get. On top of that, it's a Saints Row game. So, yeah, run super fast. Jump super high. Blow things up with mind bullets while dressed as a toilet. Also you're the president. Also Keith David (voiced by Keith David) is your vice-president. Exit the simulation and "romance" everyone in your crew. Do a barrel roll. Dance like no one's watching. Save the girl. Finish the Fight. Blow shit up.

As Nolan North.

For 'Murrica.

SRIV does platonic, intergender relationships right.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
This discussion has been closed.